Awoo.

Tarzan - New 3D Animated Film

pppp

So yeah there's a new Tarzan film by Constantin Film. Who are they? Well they're known for making Neverending Story, one of the best family films ever, and Downfall, the Hitler Film that no one can take seriously at this point cause of the inumerous parodies of it(Great film though).

Nowadays however, they're known for distributing the Resident Evil live action movies in Germany. Well, apparently that wasn't enough of a downfall(Ah see what i did there?) for them, as now they're making a 3D animated film:

So.....Tarzan + The plot of Avatar......And wow does the voice acting suck.

I mean, there hasn't been a really fantastic film adaptation of the original books yet, but the Disney movie was actually a pretty good movie when you look at it on its own rights....This.....this looks amazingly awful.

Thoughts?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my god, this looks like a trainwreck that's already happened and is still struggling down the tracks with the three wheels and busted cargo

It looks TERRIBLE 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I'll just stick to the Disney version if that's okay with everybody.

I agree and am with you on that

Ahahaha, good lord.

That looked so fanfuckingtastically awful, the animation looks sub par and the fact they're adding sci-fi elements into a story like Tarzan is laughable on it's own. Something really tells me this'll be somewhere on the top of the "so bad it's good" pantheon of films, I'll stick with the Disney version, as everyone else has said. That's probably the best adaptation of the book out there.

• Thumbs Up 1

This looks awful. The Voice acting is bad. Story seems very cheesy. It's just first impressions, but you may never know. But this doesn't look appealing to me.

I read the responses above before watching the trailer and thought "Oh, it couldn't be that bad."

And initially, I thought I was right.  I mean, nevermind that the CGI is worse than most early GameCube games, it just looked like a short, basic retelling of the classic Tarzan story.  Nothing special in the slightest.  Then some stuff about a meteor and some kind of nuclear war and... I just stopped being able to follow it there.  Yeah, not liking the looks of this to say the least.

• Thumbs Up 2

I saw the trailer for this before Lego. Yeah... no thanks. The one in the cinema was a little different, or maybe I wasn't paying attention, because it just started out like normal Tarzan and then there was a city and a meteor and just... it felt totally out of nowhere. This one at least set the story up a little better. But it's still hideous.

Kellan Lutz? Now where have I have that name--

2008 Twilight Emmett Cullen   2009 After Dusk They Come Jake Direct-to-video 2009 The Twilight Saga: New Moon Emmett Cullen   2010 Meskada Eddie Arlinger   2010 A Nightmare on Elm Street Dean Russel   2010 The Twilight Saga: Eclipse Emmett Cullen   2011 A Warrior's Heart Conor Sullivan   2011 Love, Wedding, Marriage Charlie   2011 Arena David Lord   2011 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 Emmett Cullen   2011 Immortals Poseidon   2012 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 Emmett Cullen   2013 Java Heat Jake Travers   2013 Syrup Sneaky Pete   2013 Tarzan Tarzan   2014 The Legend of Hercules

220px-Hercules_%282014_film%29_poster.jp

tumblr_mqeamtIz5z1qh5xewo1_250.gif

• Thumbs Up 5

How was something this awful looking allowed in theaters. Seriously that CG was fucking atrocious. But otherwise I was kinda just like "oh okay it seems to be the typical Tarzan story we all know" until the movie just cuts to a metropolitan area and shows evil business hand and just…UGHHGHGHG.

Part of the feel of Tarzan is the general absence of modern day stuff, you get some glimpses here and there but otherwise it feels like another world onto itself. When you put in big bad army guys and helipctoers and and and and fucking aliens……….just fuck man.

• Thumbs Up 5

Tarzan and Jane Porter must face an army sent by the CEO of Greystoke Energies, the very man who took over the company after Tarzan's parents died in a plane crash.

There's your plot summary, folks. Fire when ready.tumblr_mc3yhmiqb91qkh5fxo5_400.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

That loincloth ain't doin' much for the guy.

Welp, yeah this looks ridiculous. As soon as it mentioned "extraterrestrial", I just quit. This'll be one of those movies that'll go down alongside Troll in Central Park and whatnot. But it did inspire a new avatar for me.

I'm going with everyone else and sticking to the Disney version. Am I the only one who noticed that the anatomy for the characters seemed really off? I know that not everything is gonna be anatomically correct and I'm not expecting it to be, but I expect it to be because of artistic style, not out of cheapness.

My personal loathing of the guy and his work aside, Kellan Lutz is kinda Box Office poison at the moment, akin to that guy who starred in John Carter and Battleship in 2012.

I saw this trailer whilst waiting for the Lego Movie to start. The trailer finished, and I literally said 'WHAT??' out loud.

The whole premise of this seems utterly ridiculous. Firstly, Tarzan wasn't released by Disney absolutely ages ago, so people are bound to draw comparisons with it, and it's fairly clear looking at this that Disney will have told the better story. Secondly, the whole Sci-Fi element... why on earth is it necessary to have something like this? Is it some vain attempt of trying to distance the film from Disney's telling of the story?

Finally... They somehow made Tarzan look like George of the Jungle... Yep, this guy:

george_of_the_jungle_ver3.jpg

I won't be watching this unless the reviews turn out to be overwhelmingly positive.

• Thumbs Up 3

I read the responses above before watching the trailer and thought "Oh, it couldn't be that bad."

And initially, I thought I was right.  I mean, nevermind that the CGI is worse than most early GameCube games, it just looked like a short, basic retelling of the classic Tarzan story.  Nothing special in the slightest.  Then some stuff about a meteor and some kind of nuclear war and... I just stopped being able to follow it there.  Yeah, not liking the looks of this to say the least.

You know, I was about to post something similar, but you pretty much described my thoughts right there. If I watch this, it'll be because familiy members forced me to, not because I want to.

Ya know... that animation looks AWFUL! I know there is far better technology than that! man :P

the Va was not too great either. and the story line almost looks dumb... I have no idea what to think :P

Oh yeah, I was supposed to think, NOT WATCHING!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Whatever you guys do, DON'T let them know about Korark. The last thing we need from this bunch is a Son of Tarzan film!

I just finished watching the trailer and I kept expecting phil collins's music to pop in. lol Any way it looks okay, honestly if they want to get a shot at bring to Tarzan to the big screen in CGI then let them. Who knows, it might actually good. 

Oh, goodness. Looks bad..sounds bad..

JrbDTYZ.jpg

"MommyyYYYYYYYYYYyyyyy!"

And this will surely be haunting my dreams for nights to come.

• Thumbs Up 5