Awoo.

Tarzan - New 3D Animated Film

pppp

I was gonna make a joke about how I didn't know David Cage was making a Tarzan film, but I'll be damned if putting aliens into Tarzan isn't precisely something he would do.

Uh... carry on.

• Thumbs Up 4

I was gonna make a joke about how I didn't know David Cage was making a Tarzan film, but I'll be damned if putting aliens into Tarzan isn't precisely something he would do.

But don't you see Soma, it is ze completion of my plan to misuse every sci-fi trope ever made. In Farenheit/Indigo Prophecy i made ze internet rule ze world, In Heavy Rain I had virtual reality glasses in a world that is supposed to be realistic, and in Beyond i had Interdimensional spirits.

Now in Tarzan, I finally get to make ze film with aliens that I've always wanted. It is brilliant. It is emotion.

• Thumbs Up 8

I seen the trailer for this before Frozen and thought it looked pretty nice until the whole space power source guff... I'll pass.

Who knows, it might actually good. 

Hum...you did notice how bad the acting sounds and how they're shoving fucking alien bullcrap in a story that is supposed to be about family and humanity right?

• Thumbs Up 1

But don't you see Soma, it is the completion of my plan to misuse every sci-fi trope ever made. In Farenheit/Indigo Prophecy i made the internet rule ze world, In Heavy Rain I had virtual reality glasses in a world that is supposed to be realistic, and in Beyond i had Interdimensional spirits.

Now in Tarzan, I finally get to make ze film with aliens that I've always wanted. It is brilliant. It is emotion.

I'd question the use of Lutz though. He can only be a detriment to your master plan!!!

I'd question the use of Lutz though. He can only be a detriment to your master plan!!!

I origininally wanted ze actor that i used to play Mad Jack in my masterpiece Heavy Rain, but he told me to "fuck myself in the ass"....What an inspiring and witty insult, Whoever came up with it is a genius.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is being made by Constantin films, eh?

I'll be waiting for a perfectly fitting Hitler reacts parody for the trailer than. He'll be pissed off, that's for sure.

Two things:

The environments are pretty nice...everything else is not.

It literally uses the same song as one of the first Avatar trailers and I almost spat when I heard the music start

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't watch the trailer, not going to. I loved the Disney Tarzan films and series. The film itself sounds pretty atrocious, though, and likely won't turn out well at all.

Uhhhhh...is it just me or does this remind anyone of the Polar Express and Beowulf? You know, those creepy mo cap films. That's what this looks like! The backgrounds look really nice as do the gorilla designs (sorta) but eugh, the human characters look like they've walked straight out of the uncanny valley. Some of them anyway! And the voice acting is mediocre as heeeeell.

Also, what's up with the story? Seriously this doesn't make any sense! Aliens, family, evil corporation just wat

Do I have to sit through this trailer when I see the LEGO movie on Wednesday?! DX

Seems I lucked out, since my theatre didn't show this in the previews preceding the LEGO Movie! *Whew!*

Well actually you Americans are safe, apparently this trailer is only preceeding the LEGO movie in Europe. So you're safe Jov. As for you Gabz, I'm afraid you might have to consider arriving a little late tongue.png

how they're shoving fucking alien bullcrap in a story that is supposed to be about family and humanity right?

Not going to argue anything else or in favour of this film, except this. People, please remember Disney always butchers the stories when they make movies. Tarzan is not about family and humanity. It's about a white man and a bunch of apemen killing gorillas, dinsaurs, and atlanteans because he's white and thus superior because it was the time it was.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not going to argue anything else or in favour of this film, except this. People, please remember Disney always butchers the stories when they make movies. Tarzan is not about family and humanity. It's about a white man and a bunch of apemen killing gorillas, dinsaurs, and atlanteans because he's white and thus superior because it was the time it was.

Well, I was talking about the common interpretation of Tarzan that people have nowadays cause of how it changed over the decades with all adaptations that were made over the years. I know enough from the books to know It's nothing like that, but let's face it, at this point no one thinks of that interpretation of Tarzan.

• Thumbs Up 5

I have to echo what Tara/Akito said. Uncanny Valley aside, the film looked nothing too awful. And then it all went The History Channel on us with the talk of aliens while drenching the corporate executive in obvious villain nail polish to see if could get it's "SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT" message any more into my face.

Though I will give the film some merit-for as awful as the designs of the characters are, the environments look competently done and the animation looks fluid in terms of movement (at least regarding Tarzan anyway).

Also, I can't believe for the latter half of the trailer was the same one for freaking Avatar-which was when the film suddenly shifted into Avatar narrative/visuals territory, whatnot with the alien rock protected by the earth and the greedy corporate bigwigs who wanted to extract it and the Hometree-at-nighttime sci-fi visuals. lmao, good lord, it's like they were intentionally trying to drive the point home that the film is a Avatar knockoff. And then, as if to top this entire thing off, was the post with past credentials of the actor helming the film. The Twilight series (though that explains the mediocre voicework)? The Nightmare on Elm Street 2010 remake? Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

This film doesn't even have a one-to-million chance of succeeding. It's going to be fun watching this thing bomb on release.

But I mean seriously am I the only one who noticed the trailer music similar-

Two things:
The environments are pretty nice...everything else is not.
It literally uses the same song as one of the first Avatar trailers and I almost spat when I heard the music start

Oh hey, you and I were literally on the same page. Awesome.

• Thumbs Up 3

So I was asked to translate this making off here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqZEjaly25g

It's mainly just the typical "praising the movie" trailer disguised as a Making Of, but there are still some tidbits I found quite hilarious:

- So, appearently, the plot is that a meteor with some mystical powers crashed onto Earth and Clayton wants to use that power to make a fortune.

- Second, they state that voice acting has to do with acting. Yeah, no shit.

- Third: The voice actress of Jane praised the movie for setting the first encounter of Tarzan and Jane up really cleverly and funny by making Jane say "My name is Jane" and making Tarzan repeat those exact words. Yeah, that line is totally unique and clever, right xP

Other than that, it's just praise on how much work and love they put into the project - I would be more impressed if we actually saw those efforts, though tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 4

Thanks dude wink.png

Well, I don't know about you guys, but i learned something today: Voice acting is a kind of acting.tongue.png

Thigolf, do you know any of the director's work?

So I was asked to translate this making off here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqZEjaly25g

It's mainly just the typical "praising the movie" trailer disguised as a Making Of, but there are still some tidbits I found quite hilarious:

- So, appearently, the plot is that a meteor with some mystical powers crashed onto Earth and Clayton wants to use that power to make a fortune.

- Second, they state that voice acting has to do with acting. Yeah, no shit.

- Third: The voice actress of Jane praised the movie for setting the first encounter of Tarzan and Jane up really cleverly and funny by making Jane say "My name is Jane" and making Tarzan repeat those exact words. Yeah, that line is totally unique and clever, right xP

Other than that, it's just praise on how much work and love they put into the project - I would be more impressed if we actually saw those efforts, though tongue.png

Wait, the bad guy's actually named Clayton!?

Y'know like that OTHER movie. I think I smell rip-off up ahead.

Wait, the bad guy's actually named Clayton!?

Y'know like that OTHER movie. I think I smell rip-off up ahead.

Actually I Wikipedia'd Tarzan. Tarzan's real name is John Clayton. Since both movies are based on the book Tarzan of the apes. Interesting tidbit is that kerchak killed his father in the book. So it interesting how Disney twisted it a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

>Me: "Ooh, Tarzan? I loved the Disney movie, I wonder how this adaptation can go!"
>*clicks on thread*
>*reads*

>K2aGN.gif

This will be either So Bad It's Horrible, or So Bad It's Good. Lord Baby Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 6

It's a shame this is probably going to fail because from that behind the scenes video alone you can tell they put quite some effort into it. The concept art for example is gorgeous and if the movie was 2D animated it might have actually been much stronger. I dunno, it also depends on how the story is and from the trailers it sounds very lame indeed.

And then they mention uncanny valley in the video and how they don't want it to tread there but it looks like they did to an extent. >.> Not so much in the gorillas and some of the humans, but Tarzan and Jane in particular look weird as hell. Can't wait to see the reviews for this!