Awoo.

ShiftyLook is set to shut down

Agie

In case you haven't heard, the webcomic website ShiftyLook is set to shut down. After March 20th, there will be no more updates, while the servers will shut down on September 30th.

From here.

Do you have any memories to discuss?

I... this is so sad.

I don't know what to say. It was such a neat thing Namco did to keep its classic franchises alive. I can only hope something even better might replace it...

...even if I know it won't happen. :(

• Thumbs Up 2

Ouch, aren't those the guys who did the Klonoa webcomics, among a bunch of webcomics based on other Namco series that were otherwise mostly defunct / inactive?

Not a fan of or know the site and the series it made adaptions of, but it's a shame to hear that quite a few well-liked series are going to be completely stuffed in the freezer for good now :/

So if I'm reading right, their argument for shutting down is they've revived x amount of franchises?

...what about the ones they haven't revived?

Is this an independent decision or one made by the Namco higher ups?

Regardless, I'm disappointed to see the Klonoa webcomic going. Here I thought I could at least get my Klonoa fix from that given it's a dead franchise.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm fucking crying cause this was the only thing keeping the Klonoa series relevant.

I love the series with a passion, even more then Sonic. Sadly the fandom is shit

and theres currently no fan site for the series.

This totally just ruined my day. :(

Does any one know what will happened to the comics and wether or not they'll

still be viewable somewhere els once the site goes down?

Dah, and I just started reading the Wonder Momo comic, too.

Why must the good die young?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm fucking crying cause this was the only thing keeping the Klonoa series relevant.

I love the series with a passion, even more then Sonic. Sadly the fandom is shit

and theres currently no fan site for the series.

This totally just ruined my day. sad.png

Tell me about it. Klonoa's the reason I met a lot of my friends, even if indirectly.

Does any one know what will happened to the comics and wether or not they'll

still be viewable somewhere els once the site goes down?

I think they're all going down.

No worries, I'm saving them all to my HD as I speak.

I only wish Klonoa had enough of a fanbase for a Sonic the Comic Online sort of thing to result from all this.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think they're all going down.

No worries, I'm saving them all to my HD as I speak.

I only wish Klonoa had enough of a fanbase for a Sonic the Comic Online sort of thing to result from all this.

I know I was going to start doing that too and maybe some other comics as well.

I myself have started the process of saving them, starting with the Klonoa webcomic. I even saved the to the dA sta.sh so that even if something breaks down, I'll still have a means at looking at the webcomic after September 30th.

The others will be rescued soon enough.

Got all 63 saved myself!

Now just for the last two to be published.

I really hope they had some sort of solid ending and it just won't end in the middle of something. That would suck.

I'm quite surprised to see ShiftyLook shutting down. It began as a fairly small website with a handful of comics that blossomed into quite the multimedia website with a significant increase in webcomics, a number of graphic novels coming down the pike, web shows, and even a flippin'anime based on one of them. Plus, there's so much untapped potential in a number of still relatively obscure video game franchises. I just can't imagine why they'd shut it down when it seems like they're just getting warmed up.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm gonna miss the Klonoa Webcomic and Namco High the most, Bravoman and Mappy were cool too, but I'll remember the Klonoa Webcomic the most. (See my avatar >_<)