Awoo.

Wisps

Rey Skywalker-Ren

I want to see what the other characters can do with Wisps. After all, it wouldn't be fair to have Sonic be the only one who can use them.

What would the point be? They don't augment Sonic's main abilities so much as they give him completely new and arbitrary ones based on what the Wisp itself looks like. The way Wisps fundamentally work basically ensures that it doesn't really matter which character you'd be playing as: Tails' Cyan ability is probably Sonic's own.

I want to see what the other characters can do with Wisps. After all, it wouldn't be fair to have Sonic be the only one who can use them.

To be honest, it would be fair. Sense his friends can shoot lazers from there hands and do special tricks. One wisps wont hurt for balanses

I just don't want Sonic to get all the cool stuff while other characters get shafted. If only Sonic can use Wisps, then there's no point in playing as anyone else. That's why even though I don't mind having them in the series, I can only accept Wisps if everyone can use them. I feel the same way about Super forms, but that's a topic for another day...

I just don't want Sonic to get all the cool stuff while other characters get shafted. If only Sonic can use Wisps, then there's no point in playing as anyone else. That's why even though I don't mind having them in the series, I can only accept Wisps if everyone can use them. I feel the same way about Super forms, but that's a topic for another day...

The other characters HAVE gotten better stuff then Sonic. Some fans even say why play as Sonic when I can be fast and fly? Sonic was just the basics in Sonic Advance. He has no special ablities. But his friends do and they make the game more fun to others. So to say Sonic is the only one is wrong.

The other characters HAVE gotten better stuff then Sonic. Some fans even say why play as Sonic when I can be fast and fly? Sonic was just the basics in Sonic Advance. He has no special ablities. But his friends do and they make the game more fun to others. So to say Sonic is the only one is wrong.

Here's the thing: like you, I want Sonic to have unique skills of his own. However, I don't want Wisps or Super forms to be among them. Sonic already has a wide range of moves, why can't some of those be exclusive to him instead?

• Thumbs Up 1

How long has it been since Sonic has just been with his spin dash and homing attack? Really, that and a well made story is all he needs. No boosting, no Wisps, no Werehog. Just Sonic with his homing attack and spin dash, hell let's even throw in the bounce bracelet, I loved that thing.

Here's the thing: like you, I want Sonic to have unique skills of his own. However, I don't want Wisps or Super forms to be among them. Sonic already has a wide range of moves, why can't some of those be exclusive to him instead?

There is always characters that will copy all of his moves. With super formes those were suppose to be special but they gave it to like 5 others and now its annoying so Sonic only. I dont want the same to happen with wisps. Sonic should be allow to have a cool power to himself. His friends have cool powers to thereselfs but your okay with THAT ;p

I wouldn't mind seeing the Wisps return.....

Just as long as we get an explaination why. Lost World had them shoe-horned in for no reason. No explaination, nothing. One reason why I think Lost World is one of the worst stories in the franchise.

I'm standing by that, sure Sonic games can leave plotholes and unexplained bits but Lost World's lack of explaination here is especially painful.

They could be a fun little gimmik like put them in boxes and you can have fun

Meh, I would honestly rather see Elemental Shields return and be expanded on. It seems like whenever they show up again, they're severely gimped in their abilities. I would love to see them show up in a 3D game again, albeit being able to do more with them and have the levels be more accommodating of their use.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sonic limit his move set a bit with more fluid controls and have Elemental Shields be his main item gimmick. Like Sonic Adventure's play style in a sense. Just throw away the extra play styles while keeping other playable characters like Tails+Knuckles, and give Sonic more use out of the Elemental Item capsules. Sounds perfectly balanced to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Meh, I would honestly rather see Elemental Shields return and be expanded on. It seems like whenever they show up again, they're severely gimped in their abilities. I would love to see them show up in a 3D game again, albeit being able to do more with them and have the levels be more accommodating of their use.

They appear doing the things that makes the element shields, they don't have any extra ability that adds to them...Only the Fire and Lightning shield appeared passed Sonic 3&K until Generations.

They all re-appear in Generations with their abilities intact and given major buffs in the abilities usage.

Im fine with element sheilds. Limiting Sonics moves Im not ready for that.

They appear doing the things that makes the element shields, they don't have any extra ability that adds to them...Only the Fire and Lightning shield appeared passed Sonic 3&K until Generations.

They all re-appear in Generations with their abilities intact and given major buffs in the abilities usage.

Maybe "gimped" wasn't exactly the right word (aside from the Adventure titles not bringing back the flame shield or allowing you to double jump with the Electric Shield). I guess I'm trying to say I would like the level design to do more with them, if that makes any sense. I don't want levels to become a cakewalk with them (and they should be kept to optional monitors, Generations indeed buffed them up too much for my liking now that you mention it).

Since when did we say that we want to limit Sonic's moves?

he said "i wouldnt mind Sonic limiting his moveset"

he said "i wouldnt mind Sonic limiting his moveset"

I suppose if we compared Adventure Sonic to Lost World Sonic, my statement wouldn't hold much water, aside from the parkour and automatic double jump, which I wouldn't honestly mind seeing make a comeback (though if elemental shields popped up again, a double jump might as well be kept to the electric shield). That and more floaty control, which I think leads to more accurate control and less screw ups.

I'm just not all that anxious to see anything from the likes of the boost pop up again, or at least for a while. My gut tells me Sonic Team will play it safe and possibly do a Sonic Colors styled game again, which a lot of people wouldn't really mind, but the boost and wisps just feel played out at this point, honestly.

I kinda understand. To me the boost adds speed and alot of fun. But i could be a boost fan/purist whatever.