Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

14 hours ago, SenEDtor Missile said:

Dude, if we're dead by the time he gets the first issue done, he probably didn't even finish it because he'll have died long before us.

Yeah, I think that's the resolution with most probability, but then again, I dunno how long any of us will live and how long he lives, soo... that was just stupid wondering, I suppose you got it though...

13 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Urm... because two people have kinda hinted to it, better say something.

It's not my decision if the topic gets killed.

My post was more pointing out the following. It's been over 3 years and issue 1 of this comic still isn't out. To give some perspective. Square Enix have remastered Final Fantasy 12 in that time. We might actually get FF7 remake and... oh boy if you can believe this one. Shenmue 3 might actually come out before the first issue of a comic book does. 

Avengers 2 was made for goodness sake!

So why is anyone still giving him any attention when all he does lately is post ever more vile and questionable tweets? 

Unless he actually creates and produces some content instead of 'It's coming just wait' why is anyone still giving him any notice?

Ah sorry, my bad. It's so hard to adress a group of people, like the whole staff in this case, in English since I'm grown up using language having different words for "the lot of you" and "just one you", sorry. 

Attention is given because people tend to want to react when someone says something "interesting", I don't know why but that's how it seems to me at least. And since Penders writes this kind of "interesting" comments, people tend to react to them, it seems. It's not really anything I'd consider as a science since it mostly depends on the mentality person has whether or not said person is interested in skulking around and reading others posts of randomness. I for one find it interesting to see what he's done at all that has anything to do with this "little" project of his. Human mind is anything but analytical, at least in the most cases I've seen. Otherwise we wouldn't see all those painful home video stunts some guys pull off for example...

And that's the reason I dig science things more as a possible job than analysing purely manmade ideals and such (ethics, religions, etc.). Too complicated to get for me...

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2017 at 1:06 AM, SonicComicFanboy said:

I read somewhere Sabrina would be introduced into Riverdale later on, I wouldn't be surprised if they used the Chilling Adventures Version.

Given that that iteration of Sabrina is in a bizarre (almost Lovecraftian) perception of the 1960s, I'd wager probably not.

• 1 month later...

All he does is spending most of the time going to the cinemas and then cherry-picking them, as well as stirring up petty fights and drama, than doing anything productive, and he thinks of himself as a professional in some way

The Republic? That amazing show?

Oh Kenneth, you don't realise you've taken so long to get this off the ground that several places have already done this kind of thing. Though it is nice of Ken to make Tommy Wiseau look like a competent director.

Oh my god. The direction. The quality (or lack thereof). This is like if The Room was turned into a shitty,TV series.

I can appreciate him wanting to finish what he started, but thinking that repurposing it as a film will somehow fix all of the problems in the preview?  Dream on, moon unit.

• Thumbs Up 6

Well, maybe he's trying to make it easier for himself, thinking people might take the film like it should be thought of as all of those movie adaptations that sometimes work but pretty usually end up becoming disappointments due to the fact they get too stuffed or leave too much out or take too much liberties from the original material or...

:D :blink: :blush:

And I know it's not the case, that's just an idea I got after some thinking over this matter.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ♡Kyo-Chan♡ said:

Oh dear... I actually did it... I actually asked Ken Penders how he feels about the Create-a-Character in Sonic Forces. I am waiting for the consequences for my actions, lol.

My guess: "I dislike that there isn't an echidna option, and that you can't make characters' lips look human."

Edit: Today I learned that the Sonic Stadium forum spellcheck doesn't recognize the word, "echidna".  That is weird.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:44 AM, The Tenth Doctor said:

The Republic? That amazing show?

Oh Kenneth, you don't realise you've taken so long to get this off the ground that several places have already done this kind of thing. Though it is nice of Ken to make Tommy Wiseau look like a competent director.

I just watched this whole thing and I now wish for death.

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_8431.thumb.PNG.d563538e494a0cd4fb1d14f2efe40004.PNG

IMG_8432.thumb.PNG.a069c2b36f92b5b751a6a19afea72874.PNG

Yep... more retcons ahead for Lara-Su Chronicles. At least we know that this thing is still alive at least and not dead.

• Thumbs Up 3

Egads, could it be? An ACTUAL update of sorts? Not just him rambling about 'progress' and this and that? Well color me hornswoggled!

And what a shock, it's to inform us of how he isn't gonna bother with any of the stuff that happened after he left. Which is totally expected, mind you, but it makes his 'EVERYTHING IS CANON HONEST' claims look even more foolishly conceived given that he was stringent about not reading any of the contributions made after his final run. 

3 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

So will all the existing Sonic characters just turn into their expies halfway through? Because there's no way in hell that he'd be able to create new content featuring them.

More than likely. He's already established a 'Warlord Kintobor', 'Princess of Acorn' and 'Blue-Spined Erinacidae'. Because you know, he toootally doesn't need the Sonic connection or anything, no-sir. 

• Thumbs Up 7

So, is this meaning he's got again something to delay him making the real deal?

Jeez, this seems more and more something done intentionally... he decided Archie won't steal his delay-record or something, though if TL-SC is "in-progress", is it on delay or not...

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

So, is this meaning he's got again something to delay him making the real deal?

Jeez, this seems more and more something done intentionally... he decided Archie won't steal his delay-record or something, though if TL-SC is "in-progress", is it on delay or not...

Not really. In theory it should actually expedite his work given that he no longer has to account for anything that happened after his final run in the comic. I say 'in theory' because nobody ever really thought he was ever actually going to make any effort on that front given his rather vocal contempt for anything pertaining to his characters not handled by him directly, so frankly nothing would really change regarding his output- or rather, his lack thereof. That he put so much effort into pretending he legitimately gave a crap rather than simply do THIS from the beginning is simply baffling, especially since nobody at all earnestly believed him when he said it. 

• Thumbs Up 4

On 5/20/2017 at 8:05 PM, ♡Kyo-Chan♡ said:

Oh dear... I actually did it... I actually asked Ken Penders how he feels about the Create-a-Character in Sonic Forces. I am waiting for the consequences for my actions, lol.

I can't wait for the "It's only good when I do it" kind of response.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, horridus said:

Not really. In theory it should actually expedite his work given that he no longer has to account for anything that happened after his final run in the comic. I say 'in theory' because nobody ever really thought he was ever actually going to make any effort on that front given his rather vocal contempt for anything pertaining to his characters not handled by him directly, so frankly nothing would really change regarding his output- or rather, his lack thereof. That he put so much effort into pretending he legitimately gave a crap rather than simply do THIS from the beginning is simply baffling, especially since nobody at all earnestly believed him when he said it. 

I can't say i'm surprised that he did that, I actually sort of knew he was going to do something like that, i actually remembered him saying on his own forum about not taking an axe to the original continuity and 'somehow' it exists, it really is flabbergasted why he would have claimed that in the first place, making and limiting himself with rash promises when he might not later keep it, or not even sure of keeping?

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Sidronas said:

I can't say i'm surprised that he did that, I actually sort of knew he was going to do something like that, i actually remembered him saying on his own forum about not taking an axe to the original continuity and 'somehow' it exists, it really is flabbergasted why he would have claimed that in the first place, making and limiting himself with rash promises when he might not later keep it, or not even sure of keeping?

What is this "Continuity" he spoke of?;)

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to disturb the quietness, but it was pointed out by someone on twiter that KenPender's site is offline, and Ken replying that he is transferring to a new server etc.

Yeah, he announced that some time ago citing health issues from his 'tech guru' and top moderator BobR. He's only just now begun to actually start the process. The old site though is saved in its entirety on the wayback machine, so nothing is lost, including a lot of the stupid shit he's said or the post verifying how he stole the name of Lara-Su Chronicles from a fan and defender of his. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Well, we got ourselves a veeery minor-league LSC update... sorta. 

Well, there you have it folks, stuff from the APP will be coming to his website when it gets back, if he can figure out. If the website ever comes back. 

Yeaaah, not a lot to really say, but hey, at least its something a bit more substantial than him randomly mentioning a vague amount of 'progress'. 

• Thumbs Up 5