Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

9 hours ago, Tylinos said:

Ken revealed that if he hadn't quit after #159, he planned to reboot the comic in #200.

There are so, so many things that can be said about this, but I think I'll let Ken's words just speak for themselves this time.

Didn't he go on record at some stage some time ago that the Sonic comics HAD to have M25YL as the canon future?

And as for the comics, i would've thought, a fat lot of good this is if it is no longer printed, but i dread the thought of Ken trying to sell it =(

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Ian is sworn to not tell us his Lost Hedgehog plans due to legal uncertainty with IDW, whilst Penders throws his shit like a monkey.

I know this may be a bit out of topic, but actually, know that you mention it, i have never seen anyone who is extremely judgemental and so arrogant and who put people down etc. that have actually become successful in any way (i can only think of Uwe Boll -his feud between Micheal Bay). I don't think i have evr seen anyone act like...this before

11 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

main-qimg-dd602caa9144af945bffd527b79f63dd

Okay, so are you using a Lagrangian mechanics or what? It looks like it at least, now you got me curious!

That's a Lagrange function alright with all the lambdas in it, is it about something connecting to gravitational affections, I can see the gravitational acceleration affects after all... Gee!

But well, they keep saying Lagrangian methods make some equations a lot more easier to use, then again, I'm not too certain if this can be applied to the information gathering and understanding of Penders' logic...

Well yeah, the biggest question marks I had were about the wedding and the fact he claimed his "years later" stuff canon? This is kind of interesting, he's really singng himself to the swamp all by himself...

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

main-qimg-dd602caa9144af945bffd527b79f63dd

Is this a formula to understand Pender's logic? i might point out that

IT'S NOT WORKING!

• Chuckle 6

7 minutes ago, NikoS said:

Is this a formula to understand Pender's logic? i might point out that

IT'S NOT WORKING!

A Lagrange function (which I suppose this to be given the parts it consists of) is formed based on Lagrangian mechanics.

Lagrangian mechanics were developed for making different multiple-dimensional calculations a bit easier to handle as far as I recall, since they kind of make the dimension-stuff easier to grasp than Newtonian mechanics do, at least so I've been told.

So, this could be more of a way to try and make the equation about Penders' logic more simplified, not his logic described by the formula itself.

Then again I fail to see the connection between Penders' logic and an actual, mass-based gravitational acceleration... -_-

• Promotion 2

51 minutes ago, DoubleXXCross said:

Demonstrated above: Antoinversation.

Jeez, what's with everybody trying to kill me with laughter today? Though that was pretty good analyse there, Antoine's come to take over the topic since reasons!

Nah, somehow I'd like to see the time evaluation the "Penders' logic results equation" would give to the evolution of his "longterm plan" ideas... Though I suppose there's a very infinitesimal possibility for him just forgetting about it and remembering it now of all the times comparing to all of those he's heard "Sonic" and "reboot" in the same sentence, though I hardly believe it's the correct solution...

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, SBR2 said:

Didn't Penders always say that Bunnie and Antoine's Wedding was going to be #200. Fuck off Penders.

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, DoubleXXCross said:

Regular... Sonic defeated Eggman so hard he lost his mind. But no, that's what people want to see in the milestone of a Sonic comic, two exclusive characters getting married.

• Thumbs Up 8

You're all silly. Using your 200th issue to show Sonic getting the upper hand on his arch-enemy? Finishing off an 25 issue arc? Finally showing Sonic truly overcoming Eggman's taunts and insults from his greatest defeat? How stupid are you all to think that is the proper conclusion we needed before a reboot! DO YOU NOT SEE THE TOTAL GENIUS, THE TOTAL, INHIBITED GENIUS FROM THIS MAN?! This man was going to use the wedding of Bunnie and Antoine, to lead into a reboot! That is the perfect, THE PERFECT LEAD IN TO REBOOT. Not to mention the sheer mastery behind the writing, the sheer expect knowledge of the fanbase to know that in this headlining Sonic the Hedgehog book, that only Ken Penders knew how to do well, you want to see the marriage between two characters that during Ken's run of the book was littered with relationship issues, and unneeded drama. An excellent lead in I say!

Spoiler

end sarcasm.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 5

6 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

You're all silly. Using your 200th issue to show Sonic getting the upper hand on his arch-enemy? Finishing off an 25 issue arc? Finally showing Sonic truly overcoming Eggman's taunts and insults from his greatest defeat? How stupid are you all to think that is the proper conclusion we needed before a reboot! DO YOU NOT SEE THE TOTAL GENIUS, THE TOTAL, INHIBITED GENIUS FROM THIS MAN?! This man was going to use the wedding of Bunnie and Antoine, to lead into a reboot! That is the perfect, THE PERFECT LEAD IN TO REBOOT. Not to mention the sheer mastery behind the writing, the sheer expect knowledge of the fanbase to know that in this headlining Sonic the Hedgehog book, that only Ken Penders knew how to do well, you want to see the marriage between two characters that during Ken's run of the book was littered with relationship issues, and unneeded drama. An excellent lead in I say!

Reveal hidden contents

end sarcasm.

What issues did Bunnie and Antoine have?

29 minutes ago, Razule said:

Regular... Sonic defeated Eggman so hard he lost his mind. But no, that's what people want to see in the milestone of a Sonic comic, two exclusive characters getting married.

10 minutes ago, Eerie-Ernest-Panda said:

Yes, how dare Ian write Sonic as an actual action comic instead of the furry soap opera it was clearly meant to be.

6 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

You're all silly. Using your 200th issue to show Sonic getting the upper hand on his arch-enemy? Finishing off an 25 issue arc? Finally showing Sonic truly overcoming Eggman's taunts and insults from his greatest defeat?

Uh, to be clearer, he was talking the other way around. Wasting the event of the wedding on a non-milestone number. (Bunnie and Antoine got married in issue 174, as the calm before the storm that was the razing of Knothole and Sonic getting cracked in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 5

15 minutes ago, DoubleXXCross said:

Uh, to be clearer, he was talking the other way around. Wasting the event of the wedding on a non-milestone number. (Bunnie and Antoine got married in issue 174, as the calm before the storm that was the razing of Knothole and Sonic getting cracked in the first place.

Yes, that's what we're saying. The wedding of Bunnie and Antoine is nowhere near enough to spend an entire milestone issue on. Milestones are meant to be big shattering shocking events. Sonic getting his ass kicked by Eggman, Eggman being beaten and going insane, completely shattering the status quo. Eggman successfully rebooting the universe so there's no roboticisation immunity and Mecha Sally being birthed. These are massive game-changing events that deserve a milestone issue. Bunnie and Ant getting married is all well and good, but they're still secondary characters just getting married, hardly enough for the basis of a full milestone. Considering Ken is the person to give us one of the worst milestone issues ever with #150, I'm not exactly going to take his word about having a wedding for Issue 200.

Plus, Bunnie and Ant's wedding technically went into an arc for the #175 milestone.

18 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

What issues did Bunnie and Antoine have?

During Sonic's lost in space crap, Patch replaced Ant and ruined the majority of his relationships. This led to a massive petty bullshit argument that went into the comic of Penders and Bollers trying to spite each other. Bollers introduced the Bunnie/Ant issues and had that as a central conflict. Penders wanted payback for Bollers trying to do something interesting with Knuckles and not only reverted Return to Angel Island's main conflict in a few issues, but he made sure to completely ruin Bollers' arc out of petty spite. Then he decided to add into the mess with Bunnie flirting and considering getting into a relationship with Evil Sonic (who she thought was Sonic), despite knowing Sally's feelings on the matter and it becomes a big overdramatic mess created by two writers in a stupid feud with each other and written on a plotline that was pretty terrible anyway (Originally, Ant was going to be evil before it turned out it was Patch).

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 2

14 minutes ago, DoubleXXCross said:

So either way Perfectly rational writing. Nah. Having the 200Th issue of a licensed comic be about two secondary characters getting hitched? Yeah!

Well, to be frank, in the context of the comic, they aren't secondary characters. They'd been leads of the book since 1993, when they were two of the main characters of the American version of Sonic as a whole. So I can understand putting that internal history over the franchise's bigger picture at that moment.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2

29 minutes ago, DoubleXXCross said:

That's exactly it, I'd take the events of those issues over them being used for Antoine and Bunnie getting married any day. 

His originally intended plan was to have Antoine ask in 170, Bunnie to accept in 175, and then basically draw things out for two years before finally letting it happen. Even if he thought it was an important event, that's taking things a little far, drawing them out to such an extent, and that's if you accept that he honestly thought about any of this in advance, which is increasingly looking to not be the case given that new details seem to crop up all the time regarding his plans. 

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1

10 minutes ago, DoubleXXCross said:

Well, to be frank, in the context of the comic, they aren't secondary characters. They'd been leads of the book since 1993, when they were two of the main characters of the American version of Sonic as a whole. So I can understand putting that internal history over the franchise's bigger picture at that moment.

It happened right before 175 as a calm before the storm anyway, it's really not a bad spot. Not saying it's not important, but.. it's Sonic the Hedgehog, an action adventure comic.

39 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

Oh, I see now.  By saying that Antoine and Bunnie's wedding was a huge deal and that it should have been the focus of #200 instead of a "regular issue", what Ken really meant to say was that he considers their wedding a mere subplot that should have served as one of many pieces of window dressing.

...Wait, what?

Well, I could see the stuff going on at snail pace like speed, like getting mentions every now and then in some issues until the conclusion...

But then, why make it look like such a big of a culmination point to the comics to make it into this epitome of a big deal deserving a milestone issue ending in the first place?

Maybe it just felt to him as if it'd take that long anyways and tried to go milking some points from the fans of the pairing... I dunno. Just one of the possibilities, I make an ass out of me again I suppose... -_-

• Thumbs Up 1