Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

2 hours ago, Tenko said:

Nope jokes on us, we are incorrect, because his case for Lara-Su etc went his way late in his case, he has informed us that the early court documents from this first tango are "meaningless" and that things are totally looking up for Scott. His inside info trumps anything official and in black and white yet again.

Willing to bet a cherry coke that if the early documents said the case was going well for Scott then the court documents would be a defining point, and would prove Scott's going to wipe the floor with them...can't win lol

Perhaps you'd be better off just... not talking to this guy. I mean its admirable you're calling him on his bullshit and trying to make him see reason, but I think you'd be better off just letting the manbaby be. Because that's what you're dealing with here- a juvenile that has somehow managed to exist this way for roughly sixty years and who suffers from all the egocentric eccentricities of a child, living a life of never having to accept reality or evidence when he can just as easily make do with pretend and falsehoods (which is particularly astounding given that normally only the super rich can afford such an existence). You're never, ever going to get through to him or make him understand how truly screwed his ambitions for his work on Archie are. For the sake of your own emotional wellbeing, maybe you should just leave him be, if only for a while. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Basically just confirms what he strongly implied the other day, that Fulop contacted him about being a witness or the like in his case.  So, nothing really surprising, but worth noting anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I wonder if a Twitter message which doesn't directly cite the other party can legally constitute such a notification?  It would be most amusing if it did not.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Seriously? I'll bet if they pulled up all the times he's @ them for no good reason before deciding not to do it now... I don't know what would be done, but I would think it would be valid grounds for whatever the penalty is.

• Fist Bump 1

I wonder if someone at Archie is following him and noticed that. XP

Man, no offense to y'all but I'm surprised people still keep up with this guy, at this rate! As far as stuff from him that's posted in here, it's pretty much just bad takes on Archie [Sonic] without any actual updates on LSC. The latter would be really fun to discuss, or at least keep tabs on. But hey, I still check in on here from time to time just to make sure I haven't missed anything, so that says...something? about me or this whole debacle or...both.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Has anyone mentioned to Mr. Penders that his forums are down?

He announced a while back that he's moving his site and his forums, so there really hasn't been much of a need. Sooner or later they'll be back in some form or the next... maybe. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

On 08/11/2017 at 4:46 AM, horridus said:

He announced a while back that he's moving his site and his forums, so there really hasn't been much of a need. Sooner or later they'll be back in some form or the next... maybe. 

I mentioned it actual months ago. He's not done anything since. Presumably busy still plotting background information for a comic he hasn't written past Issue 0 (that being, of course, a comic whose last page he's simply replaced).

• Thumbs Up 1

Whelp, at least he looks like he sort of got the names planned out. Also notice that one of the book titles copies a certain James Bond titles (no surprise). Wasn't it supposed to be set in the future and all that is left is the Not Angel Island.

Note: Now i know that i am referencing something that is not in-topic, but is an in interesting example, you know that there was a furore about a different video game for different reasons (*cough* Star wars transactions EA *) and somewhere amidst the news, there was something that said that for business- nothing is more of a concern to them  than fading into obscurity and hurt the business, all they care is attention and they won't care if it is uproars (and extreme death threats, which are not tolerable), just as long they don't fade into obscurity. I really do beleive that fading into obscurity is more than he deserves. I originally thought that his general drama stirring was just him being pig-headed but it makes sense looking at that other situation (frankly that way of business thinking  is really haphazard).     =(

I think it means i should probably not waste any time on his twitter just in case he is somehow measuring the watches and adds to his justification =(

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Not for the first time, I am left wondering how exactly he intends to expand a story that started out as 48 page special into 7 volumes worth of books. I can't even begin to imagine the sheer amount of padding and byzantine sub-plots he could have in mind in order to justify this being as long as he intends it to be. 

Also, your notes about how his behavior might be done to ensure he doesn't fall into obscurity doesn't exactly gel here- for the simple fact that by all objective standards, he's already obscure. EA Games is a famous game company that's well known amidst a large portion of the public, especially if they play games. Penders on the other hand doesn't get any kind of mainstream attention, and the only thing that gives him any kind of fame is strictly limited to a niche portion of the Sonic fandom. The saying might be that all publicity is good publicity, but that's only when its ACTUALLY publicity and not limited to a small amount of people and a twitter. 

• Thumbs Up 4

10 hours ago, Sidronas said:

Whelp, at least he looks like he sort of got the names planned out. Also notice that one of the book titles copies a certain James Bond titles (no surprise). Wasn't it supposed to be set in the future and all that is left is the Not Angel Island.

I think the worst part is that he used that title before. "On His Majesty's Secret Service" was 4 part Back up story about Geoffrey forming King Acorn's Secret Service.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

44 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I think the worst part is that he used that title before. "On His Majesty's Secret Service" was 4 part Back up story about Geoffrey forming King Acorn's Secret Service.

Yep. And he intended to use a variation of it YET AGAIN for one of his unmade stories, only it would be called 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service'. It would have involved Sonic using Rouge to make Evil Sonic Jealous while trying to make sure Sally didn't find out. Cause that's a thing people wanted to see, evidently. 

• Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 1

27 minutes ago, horridus said:

Yep. And he intended to use a variation of it YET AGAIN for one of his unmade stories, only it would be called 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service'. It would have involved Sonic using Rouge to make Evil Sonic Jealous while trying to make sure Sally didn't find out. Cause that's a thing people wanted to see, evidently. 

Holy hell, guess From Zero to Hero was just the prototype story then, huh?  I'm kinda surprised I never heard of that one.  Mind you the only story idea that I remember fully was dragging out that Bunnie/Antoine marriage plot like some furry version of Friends, or something.

• Nice Smile 1

19 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

Holy hell, guess From Zero to Hero was just the prototype story then, huh?  I'm kinda surprised I never heard of that one.  Mind you the only story idea that I remember fully was dragging out that Bunnie/Antoine marriage plot like some furry version of Friends, or something.

Whoop! Turns out I got the names mixed up- I coulda swore he was gonna use that one yet again for a really horrid sounding story, but it turns out I was wrong, as detailed here.

Aand since linking on this site always acts weird, I'm just gonna quote it to show what I mean: 

SONIC: OUR HEDGEHOG IN STATION SQUARE (SONIC #168) - Now that Princess Sally, Sonic, Tails and Rotor have arrived in Station Square for the duration, Sonic finds getting around town is more awkward than he likes, thanks to Evil Sonic making the scene. But if Sonic can’t provoke his bad doppelganger into a fight one way, perhaps scoring with Rouge might do the trick. Now if only Sally doesn’t get into the act. (16 pages if 1 issue or 2 11 or 16-page stories if spread over two issues)

So yeah, my bad, brainfart there. Doesn't change the fact though that he's recycling a James Bond joke he already made in the comics proper for his "TOTALLY ORIGNAL SUPER SERIOUS" series.

...you know, it occurs to me that soon enough, DEcember 30th will be upon us, and if he releases nothing of substance by that point? It will officially have been Six Years since he announced this, and five years since he failed to live up to his initial release date of 2012. Lordy lordy, where does the time go?

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

14 hours ago, horridus said:

Not for the first time, I am left wondering how exactly he intends to expand a story that started out as 48 page special into 7 volumes worth of books. I can't even begin to imagine the sheer amount of padding and byzantine sub-plots he could have in mind in order to justify this being as long as he intends it to be. 

Also, your notes about how his behavior might be done to ensure he doesn't fall into obscurity doesn't exactly gel here- for the simple fact that by all objective standards, he's already obscure. EA Games is a famous game company that's well known amidst a large portion of the public, especially if they play games. Penders on the other hand doesn't get any kind of mainstream attention, and the only thing that gives him any kind of fame is strictly limited to a niche portion of the Sonic fandom. The saying might be that all publicity is good publicity, but that's only when its ACTUALLY publicity and not limited to a small amount of people and a twitter. 

yeah, i admit some of what i said is flawed. I just have a feeling that because he doesn't have the mainstream appeal, that he's leaning on the trying to be controversial in order to (and in the mistaken belief) that he would stand out. But what you say makes sense. and the all publicity statement is sorta what i have been trying to say

13 hours ago, horridus said:

Whoop! Turns out I got the names mixed up- I coulda swore he was gonna use that one yet again for a really horrid sounding story, but it turns out I was wrong, as detailed here.

Aand since linking on this site always acts weird, I'm just gonna quote it to show what I mean: 

So yeah, my bad, brainfart there. Doesn't change the fact though that he's recycling a James Bond joke he already made in the comics proper for his "TOTALLY ORIGNAL SUPER SERIOUS" series.

...you know, it occurs to me that soon enough, DEcember 30th will be upon us, and if he releases nothing of substance by that point? It will officially have been Six Years since he announced this, and five years since he failed to live up to his initial release date of 2012. Lordy lordy, where does the time go?

Now that you mention it, i am sort of half hoping that he would be too busy having his resources consumed and stalled before he gets to work on the Lara one.

20 hours ago, horridus said:

It would have involved Sonic using Rouge to make Evil Sonic Jealous while trying to make sure Sally didn't find out. Cause that's a thing people wanted to see, evidently. 

Oh my goodness, I forgot that was a thing. Wth, man?

On 11/16/2017 at 1:43 AM, Sidronas said:

The Dark Dominion?

So, so far, it looks like the Books are gonna consist of this general theme:

1 Mobius 30 Years Later as a variation of what it might've been intended to be.

2 The return of the Dark Hand in a Dark Alliance format.

3 Self-explanatory, similar to Dark Alliance.

4 The return of Athair and the Lost Tribes?

5 Geoffrey St. John.

6 Lara-Su getting into conflict with K'Nox on a matter.

7 Not sure, will likely follow up the previous story.

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

That's sounds confusing. So he would've dated Rouge?

Or at least flirted with her for a bit to coerce Evil/Scourge out of hiding.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Or at least flirted with her for a bit to coerce Evil/Scourge out of hiding.

Oh yeah, Rouge used to work with Scourge.

21 hours ago, horridus said:

SONIC: OUR HEDGEHOG IN STATION SQUARE (SONIC #168) - Now that Princess Sally, Sonic, Tails and Rotor have arrived in Station Square for the duration, Sonic finds getting around town is more awkward than he likes, thanks to Evil Sonic making the scene. But if Sonic can’t provoke his bad doppelganger into a fight one way, perhaps scoring with Rouge might do the trick. Now if only Sally doesn’t get into the act. (16 pages if 1 issue or 2 11 or 16-page stories if spread over two issues)

This is the curse of liking Sonouge I swear.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Oh my goodness, I forgot that was a thing. Wth, man?

Whaat, you mean you DON'T think its appropriate or in-character for Sonic to behave like the sex-starved protagonist of a trite 80s teen comedy? Man, you just don't GET IT!

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

The Dark Dominion?

So, so far, it looks like the Books are gonna consist of this general theme:

1 Mobius 30 Years Later as a variation of what it might've been intended to be.

2 The return of the Dark Hand in a Dark Alliance format.

3 Self-explanatory, similar to Dark Alliance.

4 The return of Athair and the Lost Tribes?

5 Geoffrey St. John.

6 Lara-Su getting into conflict with K'Nox on a matter.

7 Not sure, will likely follow up the previous story.

I'm pretty certain "Dark Dominion" will focus on the Home Base or whatever of the LEgion and serve as an explanation for where they get the resources for all their tech and stuff. Which never came up or was even hinted at in the comis proper, but whatevs. 

As for 'Colonies', I'll do you one better- well, first I'll remind you that Athair isn't in this book, and has been replaced with 'Auri-On'. But secondly, I'll bet you that Colonies would be about Echydnya colonies IN SPAAAAACE! Flashbacks in Archie revealed they were space explorers when everyone else was Stone Aged, so it would stand to reason that there might have been offworld colonies. For whatever crap reason they lost contact, and aaalll this time there's been a bunch of Space Echidna in the universe. Cause if there's one thing Penders' *adores*, it's creating more and more groups of Echidna. 

And they'll pretty much be The Federation from Star Trek, because of course they would be. 

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

This is the curse of liking Sonouge I swear.

Just be grateful that this thing never saw the light of day, assuming he didn't just come up with it on the spot to make it seem like he actually had things planned out. Given how often his 'plans' seem to change, I suspect that he really is just making all that crap up as he goes along. 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, horridus said:

Whaat, you mean you DON'T think its appropriate or in-character for Sonic to behave like the sex-starved protagonist of a trite 80s teen comedy? Man, you just don't GET IT!

I'm pretty certain "Dark Dominion" will focus on the Home Base or whatever of the LEgion and serve as an explanation for where they get the resources for all their tech and stuff. Which never came up or was even hinted at in the comis proper, but whatevs. 

As for 'Colonies', I'll do you one better- well, first I'll remind you that Athair isn't in this book, and has been replaced with 'Auri-On'. But secondly, I'll bet you that Colonies would be about Echydnya colonies IN SPAAAAACE! Flashbacks in Archie revealed they were space explorers when everyone else was Stone Aged, so it would stand to reason that there might have been offworld colonies. For whatever crap reason they lost contact, and aaalll this time there's been a bunch of Space Echidna in the universe. Cause if there's one thing Penders' *adores*, it's creating more and more groups of Echidna. 

And they'll pretty much be The Federation from Star Trek, because of course they would be. 

Just be grateful that this thing never saw the light of day, assuming he didn't just come up with it on the spot to make it seem like he actually had things planned out. Given how often his 'plans' seem to change, I suspect that he really is just making all that crap up as he goes along. 

I'm glad he never got to touch on characters like Blaze, Cream, or Silver.