Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

22 hours ago, horridus said:

He didn't 'need' to put the quotes in. He did it because he wanted to show that he was writing about Very Important Issues and to demonstrate how Very Serious that arc was. All in the name of pretending his primary audience wasn't comprised of ten year olds. It didn't matter how slipshod, half-assed and poorly conceived the parallels were. It didn't matter that the most infamous of the stolen quotes, the Niemoller poem, had absolutely nothing to do with how Robotnik took over Mobius and as such had no real context for existing. 

All that mattered to him was appearing 'deep'. That he's too damaged to appreciate his damning lack of sense and why it would rub people the wrong way is his problem, as is his inability to accept what he did was ill-conceived and inappropriate at best and horrible offensive at worst. Everything about it, at the end is all about three things, and three alone- him, him, him. 

Its repulsive on a number of levels, but that's Penders for you. 

yeah, that was what i was trying to say, you can do repressive evil empires without referencing real-life stuff. And yeah, i agree that it is a stupid and unneeded thing to include into the comic. You can make a good comic without resorting to politics and real-life wars.

8 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

I like how you use “problem” in the singular.

who is using "problem" in the singular?

6 hours ago, Sidronas said:

who is using "problem" in the singular?

On 6/30/2018 at 4:28 AM, horridus said:

That he's too damaged to appreciate his damning lack of sense and why it would rub people the wrong way is his problem, as is his inability to accept what he did was ill-conceived and inappropriate at best and horrible offensive at worst.

Not making fun or anything, just amused at the thought of Penders only having one or even two problems when he's spoiled for choice. He's like those people who take hits to tons of stats in an RPG to buff up something else, only I have no idea what he stat dumped.

On 7/1/2018 at 10:55 PM, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Not making fun or anything, just amused at the thought of Penders only having one or even two problems when he's spoiled for choice. He's like those people who take hits to tons of stats in an RPG to buff up something else, only I have no idea what he stat dumped.

oh, ok, and true about that.

i find it hypocritical that he would go all the way to reference any criticism when his movie wasn't any better.

Also I'll try to only talk about Ken here, but in regards to Ken being hired to illustrate a book, doesn't it look a bit like he won't be launching his thing as soon as he was hoping?

• 2 weeks later...

And Penders' adorable ability to turn otherwise decent sketches into garbage art once they're digitally colored continues unabated. I mean really, where do I start with this? The lens flare? The fact she looks lump and misshappen? The fact the shading and coloring gives her the texture of freshly cooked bacon slathered in its own grease? 

*shakes head* Already I can hear him say 'SHE'S MEANT TO LOOK CREEPY SHE'S A BAD GUY'. Just like the last time. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I havn't done anything with lens flare in two decades of photography over thousands of photos but I'm reasonably sure that lens flare shouldn't be there.

• Thumbs Up 1

All of Penders' art makes me horrified, and the one up top is no exception!

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Tylinos said:

Okay, so, I know this isn't strictly on-topic, but there's a response to one of Ken's tweets that I wanted to quickly bring attention to:

If you ever see anyone saying stuff like this, please report them.  Regardless of whether they're being serious or not, threatening to kill someone is not acceptable here or anywhere. 

Yes. This is nuts. How can somebody say that?

45 minutes ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Yes. This is nuts. How can somebody say that?

Fandom bringing out the worst in people combined with the comparative lack of consequences for this sort of behavior on the internet. This isn't even the first time its happened- shortly after the whole fiasco came to an end and Penders started hawking LSC at Comic-Con, someone threatened his life in the mail. The police even looked into it. Nothing came of it, thank God, but its still a pretty sobering reminder of how far some people are willing to take this. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Absolutely 1

@TylinosCouldn't see the tweet. Clicked the link and it told me the account got suspended. A fitting punishment. We all hate Ken, and maybe a few of us talked about assassination, but they were probably joking. That Bigbossdog guy, however, is a dickweed and can go to hell.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, threats like that just take this whole thing way too far. I neither like or dislike the guy, but it's just a setting with fictional characters, for crying out loud. I can understand a good number of people grew up with those stories and kept up with them as the series progressed and evolved. And yes, I will admit that I was disappointed as well when I saw the changes to the "Endangered Species" arc which in my opinion, started the beginning of the end to the old timeline before the reboot button was pushed. But the fact is, it's just a comic book with fictional characters.

Changes will always happen to a series no matter what form it is in and will never stay the same no matter what, whether it is new mandates, new publisher, new staff, new writers, new cast and characters, etc. While I am no longer keeping up with the series as much as I did many years ago and that I am not really that invested in Mr. Penders' TLSC either (though I cannot help but be a little curious on his progress), I do not feel like going after him or Archie for a petty disagreement on whether or not certain characters would have come back (whether through Archie before its partnership with SEGA ended or IDW, despite the very slim chance for the latter).

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 2

I mean, the guy is just trying to write stories with characters he created and love. That's the problem with creating characters for a company, you want to do your own stuff with them.

3 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

I mean, the guy is just trying to write stories with characters he created and love. That's the problem with creating characters for a company, you want to do your own stuff with them.

Most people that do that are aware of who owns the characters and act professional, even if they develop an attachement to them.

Ken Penders problem is that he didn't.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

On 7/11/2018 at 11:49 PM, Promethean0416 said:

Another photo op for a familiar face.

Not the worst, but definitely not the best either.

Dh0XV8HUwAAMI6o.jpg

I think i may be repeating this, but the shading makes it look older and not in any good way.

13 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Yeah, threats like that just take this whole thing way too far. I neither like or dislike the guy, but it's just a setting with fictional characters, for crying out loud. I can understand a good number of people grew up with those stories and kept up with them as the series progressed and evolved. And yes, I will admit that I was disappointed as well when I saw the changes to the "Endangered Species" arc which in my opinion, started the beginning of the end to the old timeline before the reboot button was pushed. But the fact is, it's just a comic book with fictional characters.

Changes will always happen to a series no matter what form it is in and will never stay the same no matter what, whether it is new mandates, new publisher, new staff, new writers, new cast and characters, etc. While I am no longer keeping up with the series as much as I did many years ago and that I am not really that invested in Mr. Penders' TLSC either (though I cannot help but be a little curious on his progress), I do not feel like going after him or Archie for a petty disagreement on whether or not certain characters would have come back (whether through Archie before its partnership with SEGA ended or IDW, despite the very slim chance for the latter).

i wholeheartedly agree, although i didn't mind the actual reboot after it happned (although it looked like it changed whilst the middle of something - like it brought you in a story without the beginning )

• Nice Smile 1

Well, getting away from all that and a bit more back on track...

We've another art update from Penders, this time of the new guy, Xero. 

DiP14WMVAAEsTXI.jpg:large

Not a lot that I can say about this that I haven't said before. It's less terrifyingly bad than a lot of his usual art, but once again, I say he'd be better off having someone else handle the digital coloring, inking and shading, cause he is just flat out no good at these things. 

• Nice Smile 1

12 minutes ago, horridus said:

Well, getting away from all that and a bit more back on track...

We've another art update from Penders, this time of the new guy, Xero. 

DiP14WMVAAEsTXI.jpg:large

Not a lot that I can say about this that I haven't said before. It's less terrifyingly bad than a lot of his usual art, but once again, I say he'd be better off having someone else handle the digital coloring, inking and shading, cause he is just flat out no good at these things. 

The texture of his hair is a little bizarre and I'm not sure what's going on with his glasses/shades/visor.

• Nice Smile 1

Not bad, but could be better. But is it just me, or does Xero look a bit like Kanye West? It's got to be the glasses...

1 hour ago, Promethean0416 said:

Not bad, but could be better. But is it just me, or does Xero look a bit like Kanye West? It's got to be the glasses...

That was the joke back when he was first revealed on the forums. :lol: 

24 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

That was the joke back when he was first revealed on the forums. :lol: 

So to him it means Xero has the best design of all time! OF ALL TIME! 😜

...okay, I'm done.