Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

tumblr_nm04n5qsKk1qlj42ao1_500.png

The weirdness with how Sally was drawn aside, I kinda like this, though Tails flying like that is amusing. Like, maybe the logic was "oh he's Tails, so have him fly in this group picture 'cause flying is his thing", but all I can think of is him being included at the last minute. "Wait, aren't we forgetting someon--OH RIGHT THAT FOX KID. Uhhh...h-have him fly in the corner there. Phew. Nailed it."

So, it's basically a sprite comic then, but in 3D. 

Hey now, let's not insult sprite comics like that! /obvious joke

• Thumbs Up 3

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/582228183233118208

Oh shut the fuck up Ken. The only reason EndGame and your shitty writing sold well back then was because Sonic was at the height of his popularity, not because people liked your writing. In fact, I'd say at least 75% of the people who read EndGame don't have a clue who the hell you are Ken.

You know what? This is now my reaction for every stupid thing he says.

• Thumbs Up 5

And we have a another development from Pendejo

Yet another layer of detail: Prototype Echyd'nya Security Team patch adorning Remington's headgear.

3MLzJLO.png

Newsflash, Penders; releasing a hastily slapped together, extremely simplistic 'symbol' does not make it look like you're actually working. Why the fuck are you showing us this? Who asked? Why do we care?

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh hey, it's something that absolutely no one cares about!

Basically another example of ''OMG LOOK IT'S THE ANGEL FLOATING ISLAND BUT IT LOOKS SLIGHTLY SCI-FI-ISH SO THAT MEANS IT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM SONIC HAHA''

Once again:

• Thumbs Up 1

Its so sad he focuses so much on minute details as if they were mounumental accomplishments.

This kind of stuff would just barely be MILDLY interesting if he released it after the major release, but this just looks pathetic when the book STILL IS NOT OUT YET.

• Thumbs Up 5

Its so sad he focuses so much on minute details as if they were mounumental accomplishments.

This kind of stuff would just barely be MILDLY interesting if he released it after the major release, but this just looks pathetic when the book STILL IS NOT OUT YET.

It's even sadder that he seems to think that this is an acceptable means to give off the impression that work is being done. 

Months ago he released that page for The Storm, and subsequently promised that more would be released over the following week. As of now, there STILL isn't anything more from that. And he honestly expects people to believe that he'll have LSC all ready for SDCC?

Five bucks says when he gets called out on it he'll bring up some personal crisis that was never mentioned and make no apologies for his lateness while trying to make out his critics as a bunch of douches. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3MLzJLO.png

Newsflash, Penders; releasing a hastily slapped together, extremely simplistic 'symbol' does not make it look like you're actually working. Why the fuck are you showing us this? Who asked? Why do we care?

THAT'S a patch?

Granted it's a prototype, but nobody's gonna focus on that patch when people (IF people) read the book. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to ask. While I'm sure that no one here who's posted on this topic has, but has ANYONE purchased any of Penders' Acorn Kingdom patches that he was selling for like 7-10 bucks? Anyone? Like, at all? They were the first physical pieces of merchandise he was selling and that was like 2 years ago.

Did anyone on Twitter proudly proclaim, "I bought an Acorn Kingdom patch! #KenPenders #Lara-SuChronicles"?

I mean, I'm sure he sold none of his Fuckles/Praetorian iPhone cases, but those were more recent.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, a patch? 

Yawn.

Been there, done that.

u_n_s__invincible__mission_patches_by_eo

And I've managed to publish 98 pages of my comic online in just two years. And I'm not even a professional comic writer/artist. Seriously, Ken, what is your excuse?

• Thumbs Up 3

Why do we care?

Oh hey, it's something that absolutely no one cares about!

If you all don't care, why is this topic 136 pages and counting?

• Thumbs Up 3

3MLzJLO.png

It looks like he just gave Angel Island a huge pair of 80's sunglasses. An odd feature, but the "inspiration" is still plain as day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because we were talking about the patch that he's likely once again going to attempt to sell instead of actually trying to complete the book?

• Thumbs Up 1

Any sane, balanced person would realise how low their life is running when they're talking up some overpriced patch spun off from a comic they've been slowly developing for years.  Then there's  people like Ken Penders...

Because he's releasing something that has no relevance to the comic book graphic novel he's desperately trying to hock. Nobody cares about this patch, we care (and that's a strong word) about the story because after all the trouble he caused with Archie and SEGA a few years ago, we want to see something more substantial than a shitty design element that means nothing on its own.

I have to ask. While I'm sure that no one here who's posted on this topic has, but has ANYONE purchased any of Penders' Acorn Kingdom patches that he was selling for like 7-10 bucks? Anyone? Like, at all? They were the first physical pieces of merchandise he was selling and that was like 2 years ago.

Did anyone on Twitter proudly proclaim, "I bought an Acorn Kingdom patch! #KenPenders #Lara-SuChronicles"?

I mean, I'm sure he sold none of his Fuckles/Praetorian iPhone cases, but those were more recent.

I want to say he's mentioned selling a couple via his twitter (the patches) at cons, I'm sure there's at least one photo on his twitter for it (EDIT: I stand corrected, he hasn't mentioned it at all). But, I can't think of anyone who's actually talked about it? I dunno, must be that silent majority who has better things to do than to deal with a bunch of bitter Sonic fans stirring drama. :P

Because he's releasing something that has no relevance to the comic book graphic novel he's desperately trying to hock. Nobody cares about this patch, we care (and that's a strong word) about the story because after all the trouble he caused with Archie and SEGA a few years ago, we want to see something more substantial than a shitty design element that means nothing on its own.

I want to say he's mentioned selling a couple via his twitter (the patches) at cons, I'm sure there's at least one photo on his twitter for it (EDIT: I stand corrected, he hasn't mentioned it at all). But, I can't think of anyone who's actually talked about it? I dunno, must be that silent majority who has better things to do than to deal with a bunch of bitter Sonic fans stirring drama. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

(No but seriously its either a freaky coincidence or he ripped it.

After "totally not Knuckles," his stealing shit wholesale from Google image searches, and who knows what else, this REALLY wouldn't surprise me.

Though, I admit I am just assuming the worst of the man and should give him a little more credit... but frankly he hasn't given me much reason to to do so lately.

If it was just a lame little symbol, I'd be willing to entertain the notion that it was just a mistake and a coincidence. The color of the shield being eerily similar to the background colors of those logos though... that's where the 'Oh Wow He Really Went There' senses kick in.

• Thumbs Up 3

At this point, the only reason to be surprised is if someone just started following this stuff.

3MLzJLO.png

I think you're right.  Look at the angle of the lightning bolts.  It's possible it might be meant to be "perspective," though.

Also, wow, that rotated LA Dodgers logo, especially with the background colour, really is identical to the insignia on that patch, just sans serif, I guess.  What was he thinking?