Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

He's still using that stupid f*cking map? The extent of his laziness knows no bounds, does it?

He barely used it during his tenure, and both a 'reboot' and the island launched into space would have given him opportunity to redesign it BUT NOPE!!!

He's far too busy with much more important matters such as making patches.

• Thumbs Up 1

For those of you who do not remember or know what we speak of:map_of_mobius_by_askfionafox-d4g5dwd.jpg

This is the map in question. The incredibly lazy map that looks like earth with a bit more land tacked on or missing.

You know, TOTALLY appropriate for an alien world in a hard science setting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

...Wasn't there a map of Angel Island he did, which had the game Zones tucked away in the corner, and all of his made up bullshit were spread out everywhere?

How much you wanna bet that the most he'll do for that as well is Copy & Paste?

• Thumbs Up 1

Of course he will use the map, where did you guys suddenly get the idea that he would actually do something new and creative from?

Personally I'm just waiting for the due date at Comic-Con was it? It will be interesting to see what excuse he has for not making his new advertised deadline. Because come on, we all know it ain't gunna happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think we're still waiting for the excuse for it not coming out in 2012. The guy tends to just move on and act like he never said anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

Of course he will use the map, where did you guys suddenly get the idea that he would actually do something new and creative from?

Personally I'm just waiting for the due date at Comic-Con was it? It will be interesting to see what excuse he has for not making his new advertised deadline. Because come on, we all know it ain't gunna happen.

That map was one of the laziest things I've seen come out of that book, and that's saying something. Penders wondered just why the hell he made Mobius an Earth After The End? Because anyone who looks at that damn map would just think "Oh, that's an estimation of Earth in the future after further continent drift". It is still shocking just what kind of crap that Gabrie allowed his writers to put on the racks; I hope to god he never worked as an editor ever again.

As for his due date? If he were even half-way clever, he'd pull a Foodfight!: claim that someone, either a rabid die-hard Sonic fan or industrial espionage on the part of Archie/SEGA, broke into his home and stole all of his hard drives with his files. Then obviously, he'd HAVE to start all over again! And things take time, ya know!

• Thumbs Up 2

Talk about lazy as shit. Not only is he still clinging to the Archie Sonic roots with characters and such, but now he's even using that ridiculous map that he made YEARS ago!

Wonder what he's got planned for Comic Con this year. Probably some more ugly cardboard cutouts and no confirmation of the comic's release date. -_O

• Thumbs Up 1

A fan on twitter asked a blitz of questions of the Pendejo. That in itself isn't worth noting, but THESE two answers are. 

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/588762610213920768

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/588763053165924354

For those of you who want to avert looking directly at the stupid, he pretty much lied about why he left. And he STILL wants to insist that Locke was a good parent and that Flynn got the relationship 'all wrong' despite the fact that it was the most believable depiction of what Locke and Knuckles relationship really should have been. 

EDIT: Phrasing altered do to coming off as insulting. 

Edited by horridus
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pen's insistance to handwave Locke's terrible parenting of Knuckles just reeks of him trying to convince himself that his own dad wasn't also awful, given he's admitted that he based Locke on his own daddy.

Locke=Kenneth Penders Sr.

Julie-Su=Bernedette Penders

Knuckles=Pen himself

Lara-Su=Stephen Penders

Remembered it!

Edited by biznizz
  • Thumbs Up 2

Pen's insistance to handwave Locke's terrible parenting of Knuckles just reeks of him trying to convince himself that his own dad wasn't also awful, given he's admitted that he based Locke on his own daddy.

Locke=Kenneth Penders Sr.

Julie-Su=Bernedette Penders

Knuckles=Pen himself

Lara-Su=His first son? (Forgot his name)

Between that and then letting slip some of the more sordid details about his own family history (His grandfather abandoned his father at a young age, and he admitted Ken Sr. as a domestic abuser), it's incredibly difficult to not read something freudian about his defensiveness of Locke. To say nothing about the light it paints the entire Brotherhood in. 

• Thumbs Up 2

"If you could go back and change any past story what would it be?"

"Enerjak Reborn"

...*facepalm* he meant which of your...oh forget it.

• Thumbs Up 3

In fairness, that's always been his public answer as to why he left. It's so hard to track down exact statements (I know the interview was brought up before, so I'll track it down later). It's consistent with what he said in the beginning, just not entirely true. Not when other statements he'd made complaining about editorial and/or SEGA, and his regular potshots at both companies show that there was A LOT more to it than that.

I guess I'm not surprised at his distaste for "Enerjak Reborn," and while I did like Locke in spite of his very glaring flaws and issues, I thought it was the most appropriate send off for the character because of how he acted leading up to that point. Even when Flynn was piling up bodies in his first year or two, he managed to make you feel something for characters people didn't even like before offing them. Of course, Penders just doesn't like people playing with his toys.

"If you could go back and change any past story what would it be?"
"Enerjak Reborn"
...*facepalm* he meant which of your...oh forget it.

How dare you imply that anything the Pen wrote was less than perfect? I mean, read "Parellel Paradigm" or "Sonic Live!" and tell me they aren't genius!

Or Play on Playa where Bunnie's sleeping with Anti-Sonic was all but said (but dont worry, Pen confirmed that Antoine would forgive her!). We all know THAT story waz pure gold...

• Thumbs Up 3

The Enerjak Reborn arc was my favorite.

The idea of Pendejo touching it in any way is sickening to me.

Though, isn't it funny whenever he's asked these kinds of questions he answers in the most egotistical fashion possible?

"Who's your favorite character?" "I love all my characters equally :)"

"If you could change any past story, what would you change?" "Without a seconds hesitation I will answer with something someone else wrote, without even giving thought that you may be asking in regard to my own work"

• Thumbs Up 7

Kinda makes me wonder what a Penders penned "Enerjak Reborn" would be like...

• Thumbs Up 2

It'd be like me not buying comics for another couple years like how I stopped buying the ones Pendejo was writing.

• Thumbs Up 1

And now for your daily dosage of dumbass. 

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/588970167067025408

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/588970703946256385

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/588971725485772801

The last one in particular. You gotta love how the guy insists there was no problems with Bollers, when on his own forum he described hte guy as 'throwing a hissy fit' and accused him of trying to undermine his ideas for 25YL, as well as deleted threads that brought up that Bollers made Penders own version of events one future of many rather than 'the' future.

• Thumbs Up 1

First off, Sega limiting Sonic's emotions? Are you fucking kidding me? That either tells me two different things, either A. Penders is talking total bullshit to try make it sound like it's not his fault for Sonic's lackluster writing back then or B. Penders flat out ignored Sega's rules and mandates. Penders was the one who turned Sonic into Emo The Hedgehog. Plenty of times, he would go into full on sad, case in point, End Game. There was also the plot where he planned to have Snivey killed off and Sonic would go into full on angst mode due to grief. Penders is fucking lying here.

As for the whole thing with him and Bollers? We all know he was speaking out of his ass. We already know the downright despicable and petty things he did because Bollers dared to use his characters (Penders almost completely ruined Mina in the span of 5-8 pages, and completely ruined Bollers' Evil Antoine idea). All of those tweets are complete and utter lies from what we've seen already. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I thought he hated Return to Angel Island the most. Then again Enerjak Reborn did kill off one of his characters (in a rather emotional scene btw) so I'm not surprised he'd loathe that one even more. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought he hated Return to Angel Island the most. Then again Enerjak Reborn did kill off one of his characters (in a rather emotional scene btw) so I'm not surprised he'd loathe that one even more. XD

• Thumbs Up 8

When Pen vistied Angel Island briefly when Anti-Sonic and Rouge tried to steal the Master Emerald, the Echidnas were unrealistically rebuilding New York City Echidnopolis despite the fact that it was razed to the ground. When Ian focused on there, the Echidnas had just barely managed to build small hut villages and had no resources to rebuild at all because of their isolationism.

The massive smack down of Bollers' Antoine plotline reeked of pettyness. Was Gabrie still the editor when that happened? Because I know that Pen pretty much decided to not continue 25YL when Pellerito suggested improvements like evil King Shadow. It seems so typical of Gabrie to totally be detached from what his two head writers were up to with their little feud.

• Thumbs Up 5