Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

When Pen vistied Angel Island briefly when Anti-Sonic and Rouge tried to steal the Master Emerald, the Echidnas were unrealistically rebuilding New York City Echidnopolis despite the fact that it was razed to the ground. When Ian focused on there, the Echidnas had just barely managed to build small hut villages and had no resources to rebuild at all because of their isolationism.

The massive smack down of Bollers' Antoine plotline reeked of pettyness. Was Gabrie still the editor when that happened? Because I know that Pen pretty much decided to not continue 25YL when Pellerito suggested improvements like evil King Shadow. It seems so typical of Gabrie to totally be detached from what his two head writers were up to with their little feud.

• Thumbs Up 1

Double checked. So Gabrie was gone before Return to Angel Island, but was around for at least the first half of 25YL. Bollers' last stories on the book were the Songoose 2-parter in 153-154. And the retcon of Antoine was 150, if not sooner.

So it was Pellerito who dropped the ball. I suppose I could forgive the man; after all, his mentor was Gabrie who probably woefully underprepared him for editorial duties.

• Thumbs Up 1

Double checked. So Gabrie was gone before Return to Angel Island, but was around for at least the first half of 25YL. Bollers' last stories on the book were the Songoose 2-parter in 153-154. And the retcon of Antoine was 150, if not sooner.

So it was Pellerito who dropped the ball. I suppose I could forgive the man; after all, his mentor was Gabrie who probably woefully underprepared him for editorial duties.

D'oh. 

Ah well. At least when he DID regain control of the ball it led to Penders leaving. Bottom line is... I just don't get why PEnders seems so eager to pretend things were hunky dory when his own website has examples of him showing off just how ticked he was at the whole thing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno. Maybe he wants Benny Lee to ghostwrite for LSC after volume 1? Or for Vol 1?

Maybe he thinks that he's above such past pettyness now that he's 'independant' and a successful filmmaker/comic creator.

• Thumbs Up 1

Methinks he wants someone to make a movie of -his- story, seeing as he cites two movies.

Oh believe me. If I had the fucking resources and clout, I'd make that movie. And what a movie it would be; a story of an incompetent comic book company, a blitheringly inept wanna be comic book creator spitefully trying to get back at them for replacing him, and the unfortunate newcomer caught in the middle of it all. I'd portray Ken for the exact kind of person that he is, and make sure that all the world would remember him as the lowlife that he always has been. 

It'd be beautiful. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Because comparing companies to Nazis and an apparent apathetic Austrian government works so well when trying to schmooze and butter up to big name companies when trying to sell your product to them for a TV series/movie deal.

I'd say that Pen has finally achieved Godwin's Law, but he already did that sh*t years ago with Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 6

I was referring to the workings of the legal system. It doesn't matter what the stakes are if you've never experienced it. One doesn't have to be a holocaust survivor to deal with the legal system. Besides, I also mentioned The Social Network, which has nothing to do with Holocaust survivors at all.

Oh my God.

Guys while he's digging his hole, someone scoop dirt back on top of him!

I just.

Can't.

His "legal experience." Throwing a tantrum over SEGA making a game loosely based on stuff that was in the comic, that they own. Getting sued by his former employer and lucking out in that case being thrown out and Archie distancing themselves from this lunatic. Yeah, Kirby would be proud. *downs a bottle of beer*

Oh believe me. If I had the fucking resources and clout, I'd make that movie. And what a movie it would be; a story of an incompetent comic book company, a blitheringly inept wanna be comic book creator spitefully trying to get back at them for replacing him, and the unfortunate newcomer caught in the middle of it all. I'd portray Ken for the exact kind of person that he is, and make sure that all the world would remember him as the lowlife that he always has been.

It'd be beautiful.

Man, this could just be a documentary, and even just half the pages of this topic that survived the forum crash could probably fill in most of the script.

Why can't he just stay away from anything that involves the death of thousands of human beings.

He just keeps coming back to it.

"somethingsomething NAZIHOLOCAUSTHIROSHIMA somethingsomething I'MDEEPNOW"

• Thumbs Up 8

Well today Ken went on a multi-tweet rant about what he meant, and I couldn't follow any of it because he was replying to several different people multiple times in some cases and they were adding to everything. And he says he'll be done with the book by Comic-Con, not when you spend 5 hours trying to argue with two people on twitter.

Why can't he just stay away from anything that involves the death of thousands of human beings.

He just keeps coming back to it.

"somethingsomething NAZIHOLOCAUSTHIROSHIMA somethingsomething I'MDEEPNOW"

Because Penders is ultimately so distanced from, and innured to, the suffering of others that he doesn't view any of these things as being 'real'. He's got serious problems with empathy and with comprehending the proportions of suffering. Altmann spent years in a legal battle over art, so obviously, it TOTALLY compares to him getting into a spat with Archie because Locke was killed off. Recall that this is a man who excused himself from his theft of a Holocaust poem and espoused his 'connection' to it by laying claim to being of Polish descent and thus, facing the POSSIBILITY that some of his family were collaborators, as though this detail somehow made it aaaallll okay. 

• Thumbs Up 2

...Dear God. He's kinda funny for a while, and then he goes and says something like this.

I wonder how he justifies this stuff in his own head.

• Thumbs Up 2

wtf Penders? Also, I'd like to see him try and finish his comic by the time Comic Con comes around. If he does somehow I'll be shocked.

That was until Flynn came along. Penders tried to undo the damage of Return to Angel Island, and conceivably could have freed up everyone in the Egg Grapes and have things back to the status quo in short order. Flynn not only dared kill off massive numbers of his superflous characters, but then dared to confirm the Brotherhood as lost, bring up why Locke ISN'T a sympathetic character or good father, and then killed him. For Penders tiny little brain, this was simply too much to take. 

Oh duh, of course. XD I remember now that Flynn wasn't around when Return to Angel Island came out so naturally he'd hate Enerjak Reborn more because of Flynn "messing around" with his characters and killing them off. Silly me.

• Thumbs Up 1

...Dear God. He's kinda funny for a while, and then he goes and says something like this.

I wonder how he justifies this stuff in his own head.

Probably by saying anything remotely similar to an experience he had is automatically relateable. I mean, I like to think all those stories about the loser that falls for the hot girl are practically my biography *eyeroll*.

I dunno, even if I was drunk out of my skull, my filter and common sense aren't completely gone. Then again, my friends tell me when I'm stupid--Penders surrounds himself with enablers.

In any case, this conversation is actually pretty hilarious, especially this bit:

What're you going to do for an encore; extend your sympathies to 9/11 survivors because your car was vandalized?

I probably shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did.

And the hits keep coming. 

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/589569058208546817

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/589570419427946496

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/589572574293598208

Someone asked Ken if he'd consider himself Zuckerburg from the Network, Ken gave a longwinded answer, guy who asked called him out for the rambling, and Ken is now getting bitchy. Seriously, I will never understand why his first impulse in this is just to pour more gas on the flames and make himself come off as even MORE of a prick. 

Also.

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/589573068588122112

Sure, Ken. It's totally a non-sequiter. Whatever you tell yourself, man. 

Edit: Oh-ho wow, that last one just exploded into a whole NEW strand of stupid. Geeze.

Edited by horridus
  • Thumbs Up 3

He just loves to dig holes into the ground.

It's the only thing that makes any remote sense to me at this point.

Not to mention that for all we know, the comic could have done better without him ever coming on.

You open the "What If" door, be prepared for scenarios where everyone is better off without you or your work. How Pen has gone his entire life without realizing this is, once again, very sad.

• Thumbs Up 5

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/589622447348940800

I dunno, the book seems to be doing pretty well right now...

Given the fact it kept selling despite the many, many, MANY stupid things that were done by many authors over the course of the comic, I think it's pretty safe to say any schmoe could have succeeded on that comic given the strength of the franchise at the time.

Not to mention that for all we know, the comic could have done better without him ever coming on.

You open the "What If" door, be prepared for scenarios where everyone is better off without you or your work. How Pen has gone his entire life without realizing this is, once again, very sad.

This is Penders you're dealing with. It's literally beyond his comprehension that he is anything but the living, breathing Lee-Ditko-Kirby of the Sonic comic scene. 

• Thumbs Up 7

But...but Penders is the most important thing the comics ever had!

Endgame sold the best the comics ever have! Isn't that enough to prove that Penders is the best?!?!?

Hell, it sells worse now!!1!!1! Don't believe what you're looking up for sales figures, for Penders is clearly in the right!!!

• Thumbs Up 3

Well today Ken went on a multi-tweet rant about what he meant, and I couldn't follow any of it because he was replying to several different people multiple times in some cases and they were adding to everything. And he says he'll be done with the book by Comic-Con, not when you spend 5 hours trying to argue with two people on twitter.

I don't know. By 'Done with the book by Comic Con', I think he's talking about finishing the pencilling or something.

Strictly speaking, when is this Comic Con? 

I don't know. By 'Done with the book by Comic Con', I think he's talking about finishing the pencilling or something.

Strictly speaking, when is this Comic Con? 

This July, from the 9th to the 12th. And the probability of him claiming that's what he meant to begin with when he shows up with nothing is *freakishy* high. 

• Thumbs Up 1