Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

By his logic, I should make a totally originally character called Lar'Su who is red with pink hair and wears night vision goggles instead of her visors.

Oh my God...

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/593888913107734529

Particularly this back and forth:

Penders: I'm not looking to the past. I'm simply taking MY story and characters to their conclusion.

Maverickdingo: but Knuckles ISN"T your character

Penders: I never said he was. K'nox is different. You really haven't seen his hands' bone structure

You know, for someone who claims to not talk down to his readers and assume the readers are intelligent, he sure likes to treat us all like idiots.

By his logic, I should make a totally originally character called Lar'Su who is red with pink hair and wears night vision goggles instead of her visors.

Then he'll get mad and sue you.

Oh my God...

You know, for someone who claims to not talk down to his readers and assume the readers are intelligent, he sure likes to treat us all like idiots.

The fucking hand structure doesn't make a fucking difference. It's clearly a fucking Knuckles rip off. He is so far in denial.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh my God...

He's really drowning in his own kool-aid by this point if he keeps acting like the Franchise didn't exist or prosper until he was brought on board. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm just going to assemble this for convenience, because it just highlights his cluelessness about the video games industry and these properties:

"...at the height of Mario's and Zelda's popularity." I like how he talks like these franchises must have fallen off the face of the Earth once these comics went under. If he thinks the only form of success a video game property has is other media, can someone send him images of Akira Himekawa's Zelda manga? Or the boatload of Pokémon media? Or Mario merchandise? Or, what the hell, Sonic merchandise? Does he think sales figures for games are a lie? Seriously, he could stand to at least check Wikipedia before running his mouth about things he doesn't know.

• Thumbs Up 3

I can't help thinking...what if his "bone structure" looks like Wolverine...or Marrow..or some other comic character. It's pretty clear he can't do anything original after all >.<

Let's see what Valiant Comics founder Jim Shooter had to say about the Nintendo Comics System in this interview from 15 years ago:

via http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=146

So it was a book Valiant didn't want to make and Nintendo didn't want to promote. I think those sound like bigger contributors to why they didn't last nearly as long.

• Thumbs Up 2

Has Sega in any official first party stuff ever shown if Knux actually had physical spurs under his gloves? Comics, cartoons and third party stuff aside. Like 100% Sonic Team or Sega images.

Wouldn't matter to Penders anyway. He likes to scream that the Archie Sonic comic 'didn't get the kind of support it has now' and would claim that this only enhances his argument, not even acknowledging that moments ago he was arguing that the popularity of a franchise has nothing to do with the sales of a comic and said nothing about the lack of support the book got or the reluctance of the people who worked on it. Anything excuse and every excuse he can think of, he will use. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Has Sega in any official first party stuff ever shown if Knux actually had physical spurs under his gloves? Comics, cartoons and third party stuff aside. Like 100% Sonic Team or Sega images.

I don't think they've ever confirmed, actually. It's likely the Echidnas only have spikes on their gloves, and only the warriors (Tikal did not have it for example), at least if SA1 is anything to go by. I kinda figure the gloves are a combination boxing glove and knuckleduster.

Oddly enough, in the comic Knuckles has the spikes growing out of his fists because of Locke's experiments. No other echidna has them, not even the other Guardians.

Yeah I thought as much, I always figured they were just spiked gloves. Trust him to take it to the next level and use it to distinguish Knuckles as being "special".

To climb with them they would just have to be reasonably solid and able to support his weight, which would also explain why them shattering could hurt him if they were some kind of solid capped spike in the glove, having it shatter would probably send pieces into your fist where you punching at the time. Then again if that was the case even punching someone would have your physical knuckles making contact with the solid base of the spike, which I imagine would hurt..but if he trained with them perhaps not so much.

In Sonic X they once shattered, and it really, really hurt Knuckles. That was directly overseen by Sonic Team, and then there's the fact that he uses the spurs to climb in the games, so I think he and other echidna have them. 

That being said, yes, them being a unique mutation is one of Penders' ideas... which makes me wonder why the rest of the brotherhood even wears the spur-gloves. 

Oh that's interesting. I've only seen Sonic X in bits and pieces so I don't recall that. I remember an early episode he punched a door (it was when they invaded Eggman's island) and the spikes flattened and then returned to normal, so I assumed they were part of his gloves.

Actually, going back to the Guardians real quick, but it's possible, in universe, the Guardians had the spurred gloves because of their connection and history with the Knuckles clan.

That said, I'd assume Penders, or whoever, just used them for Locke and the others because Knuckles had them and decided they were a trait unique to the Guardians before he was forced to acknowledge the Knuckles clan. And then he decided Knuckles needed to be different and special and make him a mutant because why the hell not.

Actually, going back to the Guardians real quick, but it's possible, in universe, the Guardians had the spurred gloves because of their connection and history with the Knuckles clan.

That said, I'd assume Penders, or whoever, just used them for Locke and the others because Knuckles had them and decided they were a trait unique to the Guardians before he was forced to acknowledge the Knuckles clan. And then he decided Knuckles needed to be different and special and make him a mutant because why the hell not.

Penders did in fact have it that Knuckles was named after the clan... it was one of the few moments where he effectively welded game canon with HIS canon. Or it would have been, if Penders hadn't decided that the Knuckles clan were the Warrior Caste of an Albion colony who inexplicably turned all Mayan-esque after the scientist caste left due to wanting to continue a conflict with the felidae. 

Heck, I once heard a rumor that the reason Tikal looks inconsistent in the book is because Penders orignally intended to use his own character. It's an unverified rumor, mind you... but after everything else, it's pretty damn plausible. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Huh. I thought the reason why Tikal looked so inconsistent in the comics was because the artists didn't have a proper reference for her. All they had was a Japanese copy of Sonic Adventure!

Then again the Penders rumour wouldn't surprise me. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

The original name Mr. Penders had in mind was "Future Knuckles", even going so far to use said title in his list of owned characters. And I am seriously not making this up.

As for King Sonic and Rotor, the latter was changed to "The Emissary". As fellow members have previously posted, Sonic will no doubt be changed to Ogilvie or Maurice. Maybe both.

He tried to copyright him as 'Future Knuckles'... and then proceeded to just not give Rotor a name?

Sheesh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Future Knuckles.

Yeah that's not in any way ridiculous.

Thank you for sharing that.

Frankly K'nox is the better alternative.

• Thumbs Up 1

The original name Mr. Penders had in mind was "Future Knuckles", even going so far to use said title in his list of owned characters. And I am seriously not making this up.

As for King Sonic and Rotor, the latter was changed to "The Emissary". As fellow members have previously posted, Sonic will no doubt be changed to Ogilvie or Maurice. Maybe both.

I can't tell which is worse. Future Knuckles or K'nox.

Wait a second. Sonic and Rotor are coming to the comic too? Or is it just me?

Also for some reason, K'nox reminds me of O'Nux for some reason. O_O

Wait a second. Sonic and Rotor are coming to the comic too? Or is it just me?

Penders has been dead set on trying to make this thing 'canon' to his Mobius: 25 Years Later work for some time now. Thus, that includes Rotor and Sonic, or at least, their stand-ins; the one for Rotor is thus 'The Emmissary', and the one for Sonic... is probably gonna be 'Sunix' at this point of things. 

By the way, has anybody heard of something called the Praetorian Shield?

Yeah, I think we talked about that on here before we lost the pages in the wipe. The thing that's supposed to go on Knuckles' hat.