Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

It IS on Knuckles' hat.

Praetorian_Symbol.jpg

BrnmjPdCYAImEt6.jpg

with a very minor detail change.

What I don't like about that is those stars that remind me of something I don't want to be reminded of. ._.

The original name Mr. Penders had in mind was "Future Knuckles", even going so far to use said title in his list of owned characters. And I am seriously not making this up.

As for King Sonic and Rotor, the latter was changed to "The Emissary". As fellow members have previously posted, Sonic will no doubt be changed to Ogilvie or Maurice. Maybe both.

You're not joking?  Please tell me you're joking... My mind can hardly compute that kind of retarded stupidity.

I'm trying to figure out what unique hand bone structure a person could have that would prompt the nickname "K'nox"; judging from the little round knuckledusters on the Praetorian's hands, he has enlarged but not actually spiky knuckles, with which he "knocks" people out.  Completely different and totally original.  Why, he can't even climb or glide with his knockles, which are definitely the more iconic Knuckles attributes rather than punching down walls.

The original name Mr. Penders had in mind was "Future Knuckles", even going so far to use said title in his list of owned characters. And I am seriously not making this up.

As for King Sonic and Rotor, the latter was changed to "The Emissary". As fellow members have previously posted, Sonic will no doubt be changed to Ogilvie or Maurice. Maybe both.

What. The. Hell.

Omg if he even thinks of using Sonic in this then there's definitely going to be legal troubles! If he manages to create something that, like K'nox, is pretty much Sonic with very subtle changes, heads will roll. Well..the actual legal stuff will probably only happen when he tries to sell it. And who knows when he will finish this comic. XP

Actually he'll probably get away just fine with 'similar but not quite' names.

Technically he could have probably slipped through with the name 'Future Knuckles', in the same way 'Medieval Spawn' gets by.

So really, K'nox is a huge improvement.

-

I just realized that he actually released something in relation to Lara-Su herself.

A miracle has occurred.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't read "K'nox" without thinking "K'Nex."

That'll be the first merchandise deal of Lara-Su Chronicles.

Because I was bored, I tried to convert Lara-Su's weight and height from the data file. I found out that her weight of 6.8 Stone equals to 43.2 kg or 95.2 lb.

But I could not convert her height of 76 Marks. Does someone know what kind of measurement unit a Mark is, if any?

Stones are a real measurement, as far as I'm aware I don't know if marks are?

Because I was bored, I tried to convert Lara-Su's weight and height from the data file. I found out that her weight of 6.8 Stone equals to 43.2 kg or 95.2 lb.

But I could not convert her height of 76 Marks. Does someone know what kind of measurement unit a Mark is, if any?

Uh...

Basically, "mark" measures mass and was used to measure the weight of gold and silver...

It could be his own measurement of height... but I'm going to guess he didn't do any research before settling on that term, and regardless it still doesn't make sense for him to use one legitimate form of measurement and then make up another.

EDIT: More self-aggrandizing bullshit straight from the source:

Someone pointed out that the only reason people know/remember his characters (or even liked them) was because they were associated with Sonic, so naturally...

If "no one" remembers my characters, what are people so upset over? It shouldn't matter what I do.

There's always the possibility a good chunk of the comic's sales was due to my characters and stories. When someone makes a statement like yours, it's saying readers are stupid and will buy a cover with blank pages.

Keep telling yourself that, clown*.

(source)

*My apologies to those who are clowns by profession.

Edited by Zaysho

I did some calculations for Lara-Su's height. Based on her weight of 43.2 kg, the height of a healthy woman should be 1.54 meters or 5.052 feet.

This value makes sense, since Sonic echidnas seems to be shorter than humans. But one only can wonder what Lenders meant by "marks" as a height unity…

She weighs more than Sonic does, officially (77 lbs). So if Lara-Su is anywhere near the same proportions in height as she was previously established to be (Sonic is 3'3'' for reference), that makes her extremely heavy. But I think he's stretching everyone into more human sizes/proportions.

• Thumbs Up 2

I did some calculations for Lara-Su's height. Based on her weight of 43.2 kg, the height of a healthy woman should be 1.54 meters or 5.052 feet.

This value makes sense, since Sonic echidnas seems to be shorter than humans. But one only can wonder what Lenders meant by "marks" as a height unity…

• Thumbs Up 1

How did the Sonic wiki get to that size? I would think they would take the bios of characters with known heights and then deduce from there...

But you can't trust that because the weight is vastly wrong on characters with known weight. I just said Sonic's weight was 77 lbs and that he's 3'3'' tall. According to his 'data file', he's '70 marks' and '7.2 stone'. If you convert the stone to .lbs, the data file is claiming that Sonic weighs 100.8 pounds.

So the data-files either have incorrect info or file 'stone' is not the same as the real 'stone' weights. So where do they get their measurement of 'mark' from? How do they deduce that when the listed height may be unreliable?

How did the Sonic wiki get to that size? I would think they would take the bios of characters with known heights and then deduce from there...

But you can't trust that because the weight is vastly wrong on characters with known weight. I just said Sonic's weight was 77 lbs and that he's 3'3'' tall. According to his 'data file', he's '70 marks' and '7.2 stone'. If you convert the stone to .lbs, the data file is claiming that Sonic weighs 100.8 pounds.

So the data-files either have incorrect info or file 'stone' is not the same as the real 'stone' weights. So where do they get their measurement of 'mark' from? How do they deduce that when the listed height may be unreliable?

Conclusion: The measurements are useless

And thus, the principle of Occam's Razor triumphs yet again.

• Thumbs Up 2

If "no one" remembers my characters, what are people so upset over? It shouldn't matter what I do.

Firstly, it's not the fact that no one remembers your characters, it's the fact you wrote your characters horribly and they only got good once Ian got his hands on them.

Secondly, you caused the memorable characters I.E: Scourge, Monkey Khan, Mina etc to be removed because of your petty piece of shit.

Thirdly, It does matter what you do because if you take these characters and ruin them even further than what you did before, then it will definitely matter. That's also such a nice way to regard your book ''It doesn't matter what I do, people are just gonna buy my product because I tried :D''

• Thumbs Up 4

Thinking about the "K'Nox" thing, and I think I'm less ticked that he's blatantly ripping Knux off, more ticked at just how unendingly lazy this man is.

The designs are one thing. As extremely lazy as they are, at least character design is a thing that takes actual effort, or at least it should, so you can see a reason why someone would want to be lazy.

But how hard is it to make up a name? Just smash up some gibberish or random words, that's what he seems to have done with a lot of the names already. Or, he doesn't even need to make up a name. Some of the names on that ridiculous family tree forest are real names. Just pluck a name from every day life, or use a baby name site. Heck, he can even specifically Google "Pretentious baby names" and get good results. 

In a world where "Thunderhawk" is considered a legitimate name, knocking off another name is not necessary. 

And if he got him a nickname that isn't ripped off and is instead about a personality trait or action he does a lot, maybe we could actually learn something about what will probably be a flat character. 

• Thumbs Up 3

In a world where "Thunderhawk" is considered a legitimate name, knocking off another name is not necessary. 

You know, that actually another thing about that name; it breaks the established naming convention. 

Just to be clear, I'm not saying the names were really consistent to begin with; these are not names that hail from the same language group. You have 'normal' styled names like Rembrandt, Locke, Matthias and Aaron existing side by side with names like Sojourner, Thunderhawk, Moonwatcher and Sabre. Hell, the 'normal' names are not even from the same language family.

K'Nox though is the first time we see a name with an apostrophe in it. Besides an obvious indulgence of the 'Alien Names Use Apostrophes' bit, we never see a name like this among any other Echidna. Where the hell does it come from?

• Thumbs Up 3

You know, that actually another thing about that name; it breaks the established naming convention. 

Just to be clear, I'm not saying the names were really consistent to begin with; these are not names that hail from the same language group. You have 'normal' styled names like Rembrandt, Locke, Matthias and Aaron existing side by side with names like Sojourner, Thunderhawk, Moonwatcher and Sabre. Hell, the 'normal' names are not even from the same language family.

K'Nox though is the first time we see a name with an apostrophe in it. Besides an obvious indulgence of the 'Alien Names Use Apostrophes' bit, we never see a name like this among any other Echidna. Where the hell does it come from?

Probably some convoluted explanation about how names with apostrophes are the true names of the earliest Echidnas and the reason they stopped being used was due to time and changing languages causing the earliest names to only be roughly translated into the names you see now. Names like Lara-Su would be Lar'Asu and Knuckles would be Kno'cahuls or something stupid.

• Thumbs Up 4

Probably some convoluted explanation about how names with apostrophes are the true names of the earliest Echidnas and the reason they stopped being used was due to time and changing languages causing the earliest names to only be roughly translated into the names you see now. Names like Lara-Su would be Lar'Asu and Knuckles would be Kno'cahuls or something stupid.

There is a double-layered tragedy here. Firstly, your 'convoluted' explanation is far more sane than what Penders would make, and secondly, that your deliberate pisstake names are actually better and have more effort in them then what Penders has done, particularly for the Not-Knuckles. 

• Thumbs Up 4

There is a double-layered tragedy here. Firstly, your 'convoluted' explanation is far more sane than what Penders would make, and secondly, that your deliberate pisstake names are actually better and have more effort in them then what Penders has done, particularly for the Not-Knuckles. 

The sad thing is I really didn't put any effort into the piss-take names at all. I was just letting my mind wander and I thought of how odd the name Pir'oth Ix was (Sonic Chronicles), and then after reading your post about the inconsistent naming, just sorta went from there.

• Thumbs Up 3

So question. If Lara-Su can speak dozens of languages, then where DID those languages come from since, to the best of my knowledge, everyone on Pen's Mobius spoke the same language without need for a universal translator of any kind.

You had dilects and accents, but the same language. Hell, Live! and the Image crossover all but said it was English.

And for sh*ts and giggles, ask how those two stories fit into Pen's "completely faithful" timeline.

• Thumbs Up 4