Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

In their views he did. There was things they valued before he came on board that aren't the same values that are held by the comic now. Lots of folks agree that 'now' it's better, but that doesn't mean everyone agrees, as everyone has different tastes for what they want in entertainment.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah,I should have worded that differently as I came off as a dick. I just think hat Ian's a much greater writer than Penders.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I'd say that's my position more or less too.

Pendejo is a much better idea person than he is a writer (or actually implementing in general). It's his ideas that are and have been popular with people in the past. Because yeah, they can be pretty neat ideas. But then when it actually goes on 'paper' so to speak you get shit like every character having the same voice and bizarre potholes and Tobor and Kragok just dying because he didn't want to write a real ending to their story line, etc.

Sometimes ideas can be really cool, but are implemented poorly. Theres a difference between between coming up with ideas and using them. He's just better at one than the other.

Says the one who STILL hasn't moved on from Sonic.

What I love about that is Ian has done loads of non-Sonic work. He's written nearly 50 issues of the critically acclaimed Mega Man Comics. He did the insanely good (And woefully underrated/unread by many) New Crusaders. He's working with Dawn Best on Slyvanna and is doing his own Patreon sponsored original prose story. Not to mention he has written two mainline Archie stories,

• Thumbs Up 3

Pendejo is being a huge concern troll right now and it's painfully obvious.

Keep throwing that shade.

• Thumbs Up 1

In coming link spam!

For those of you who dont have the energy, these are basically two different discussions and two different flavors of douchery. 

First up, his usual and most favorite lie; how he isn't responsible for the reboot happening.

I'm not responsible for taking anything away. People don't realize how little  it would have cost ACP to keep everything "as is". Not at all. I'm saying ACP has a stronger interest in the Archie characters because they own them. As for Sonic Jon Goldwater has demonstrated a greater appreciation for the character and series than his predecessors ever did.

Hahahha. To recap, his terms would have gone against Archie's contract. There was literally no way to work with them, to say nothing of his demand that Julie-Su and Locke be inspected by him with every use and approved by him, as well as making 25YL 'the' future. 

Next, more of his phony and self serving 'support' for Flynn.

Dustin, before I worked on the Sonic series, I did work for Fortune 500 companies & USAF, to say nothing of other comic companies such as Marvel, DC and many others, as well as working outside comics after Archie. One of Dan DeCarlo's biggest problems was that he was identified exclusively with Archie. It dampened the the opportunities for him to work elsewhere. He felt tied to Archie for the longest time because he believed there were no opportunities elsewhere because no one else required material that played to his strengths. MegaMan and New Crusaders are still Archie, and unless I'm mistaken, New Crusaders is not in print at this time. My point was a creator such as Ian working on a book like Sonic should be a sought-after commodity. If he turns down offers because he prefers Sonic, that's his business. If he goes looking for opportunities and the door is closed, the question becomes why? The perspective of a reader is different from a pro.

First of all, your work outside of Archie? Please. You never worked more ten issues on *anything*. You didn't even make it THAT far on Star Trek. And your work outside comics? The Bratz Movie and an episode of King of the Hill, as a storyboard artist. 

Furthermore... you're not a professional, Ken. You're just a mediocre writer and artist who lucked out and found the one company that was willing to overlook your deficiencies as an artist, a writer and a human being. You don't have what it takes to last at a company with standards, and you never have. Flynn's doing some pretty amazing work, and while neither Sonic nor Megaman can last forever, he's giving more than you did and GETTING more in return. 

Jeezum Crow, this guy. 
  • Thumbs Up 8

It's hilarious how he thinks he's some amazing writer who can just go work at whatever company he wants, while he's struggling to get out some comic based on one that ended years ago. Ken is such a joke. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In coming link spam!

For those of you who dont have the energy, these are basically two different discussions and two different flavors of douchery. 

First up, his usual and most favorite lie; how he isn't responsible for the reboot happening.

Hahahha. To recap, his terms would have gone against Archie's contract. There was literally no way to work with them, to say nothing of his demand that Julie-Su and Locke be inspected by him with every use and approved by him, as well as making 25YL 'the' future. 

Next, more of his phony and self serving 'support' for Flynn.

First of all, your work outside of Archie? Please. You never worked more ten issues on *anything*. You didn't even make it THAT far on Star Trek. And your work outside comics? The Bratz Movie and an episode of King of the Hill, as a storyboard artist. 

Furthermore... you're not a professional, Ken. You're just a mediocre writer and artist who lucked out and found the one company that was willing to overlook your deficiencies as an artist, a writer and a human being. You don't have what it takes to last at a company with standards, and you never have. Flynn's doing some pretty amazing work, and while neither Sonic nor Megaman can last forever, he's giving more than you did and GETTING more in return. 

Jeezum Crow, this guy. 

Well.

Reading that made me sick to my stomach.

Could someone please mention to him that his ''rules'' was going against Sega's rules and would have gotten the license pulled from Archie? I really can't be bothered with dealing with the fucking cunt.

Incidentally, THIS is what he worked on as a storyboard artist for.

iSiOlOA.jpg

Truly, a worthwhile endeavor to be a part of. 

Edited by horridus
  • Thumbs Up 8

Apparently so awful even the link doesn't want to show it.

• Thumbs Up 1

It makes me sick to my stomach that this fucking prick is trying to pretend that he ''supports'' Ian and wants what's best for him because it's a load of fucking shit. Last I checked, claiming he ripped off Penders' story ideas (A very general idea and the next natural step in a relationship, aka Marriage), claiming that they don't deserve all the critical acclaim they get because they weren't the ''original'' writers and artists (Which is fucking moronic, considering Penders didn't even come until a year into the comic), and then talking about how he is the one and true savior of Sonic, and is the one who truly brought value to these characters, isn't exactly supporting Ian.

Why don't you just keep your fucking nose out of other people's business Penders? YOU HAVE TAKEN YOUR CHARACTERS. WE FUCKING GET IT. MOVE THE FUCK ON BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE. Your facts are wrong, you are wrong. FUCK OFF PENDERS.

• Thumbs Up 2

Drat. Can you see it now?

Yep. Admittedly it's even more underwhelming than I expected.

Aside from being a legend in his own lunchbox... what is it with Mr Penders rather bizarre obsession in trying to 1up Mr Flynn? I know it's mainly due to jealousy and spite but if I was him the best way to 1up Mr Flynn would be to put up a highly polished comic or three...

It's like watching Homer Simpson trying to 1up Ned Flanders on a usual episode of the Simpsons. Mr Penders playing to Homer's usual snark and rudeness and Mr Flynn playing Ned and just shrugging it off with a smile. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Aside from being a legend in his own lunchbox... what is it with Mr Penders rather bizarre obsession in trying to 1up Mr Flynn? I know it's mainly due to jealousy and spite but if I was him the best way to 1up Mr Flynn would be to put up a highly polished comic or three...

It's like watching Homer Simpson trying to 1up Ned Flanders on a usual episode of the Simpsons. Mr Penders playing to Homer's usual snark and rudeness and Mr Flynn playing Ned just shrugging it off with a smile. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Don't give Penders so much credit. At least Homer knows when he's wrong and can try to make up for his mistakes. Something Penders will never do.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's not as easy as that. Penders is so driven by his ego that he can't and I mean can't take any single tiny bit of criticism. He expects the world to shut up and just shut ''WE LOVE IT'' instead of gaining any kind of constructive criticism. He basically expects to get a book award for trying. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I know. I came up with the comparison on the fly.

Then he needs to get a move on and make something good. Something beyond his ego will enjoy. (Which probably won't with the way he's be acting.)

• Thumbs Up 4

And therein lies the problem. He won't move on, and he can't. The only thing that gave him any kind of acclaim was Sonic, and he does not possess the confidence to truly move his project away from its roots... and simply put, what he puts out just flat out sucks. He's incapable of improving himself or taking criticism, and refuses to consider the benefits of either. 

Further... he is a lazy bastard. I'm not even joking. He wants all the praise and accolades he can get, and isn't willing to put in any of the effort it takes to get there. 

Maybe he's just working through the stages towards acceptance, but at a much slower rate than most people. He seems to have gone through anger during the court case and the period after, then disbelief and unacceptance when Archie moved on without him and he tried to make all those points about them not doing as well without him, and is currently working through the jealousy portion. The fact that he can be jealous means that he must accept that Ian is doing better than him in some way which is a small leap forward for the guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe he's just working through the stages towards acceptance, but at a much slower rate than most people. He seems to have gone through anger during the court case and the period after, then disbelief and unacceptance when Archie moved on without him and he tried to make all those points about them not doing as well without him, and is currently working through the jealousy portion. The fact that he can be jealous means that he must accept that Ian is doing better than him in some way which is a small leap forward for the guy.