Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Except he'll probably skip the acceptance step and go straight back to the beginning.

Maybe he's just working through the stages towards acceptance, but at a much slower rate than most people. He seems to have gone through anger during the court case and the period after, then disbelief and unacceptance when Archie moved on without him and he tried to make all those points about them not doing as well without him, and is currently working through the jealousy portion. The fact that he can be jealous means that he must accept that Ian is doing better than him in some way which is a small leap forward for the guy.

We can only hope.

I honestly want Penders to get over his delusions and egotism not only for the sake of anyone he's mistreated, but also for his own sake. Generally I've given up hope, but I suppose anything is possible.

• Thumbs Up 3

But on topic.

The talk of Pen saying that Archie needs to give Ian more to work with by stretching his wings pisses me off as well. Did Pen ever work on any of the Archie/Sabrina/Josie/etc titles himself? Did he even try to submit a proposal or script while he was busy creating his city of Knuckles clones? Hell, he keeps talking about how Ian needs to do more than Sonic; has he EVER brought up Mega Man or the rave reviews his series is getting?

Hell, there's still rumors of an X ongoing after Worlds Unite, unless the plan in the long term is for the Mega Man Classic book (when it runs out of source game material) to be renamed into Mega Man X with the same numbering. Unless Capcom decides they care enough to enforce their belief that each of the series are their own universes (I believe I heard a statement that the X series isn't officially related to the Classic series?).

I had even forgot that Flynn wants to make a Mega Man X comic. I hope he manages to do it. And if he does it, please, keep it mature like the games.

I had even forgot that Flynn wants to make a Mega Man X comic. I hope he manages to do it. And if he does it, please, keep it mature like the games.

You know who else has badly wanted an X comic for the longest time. Spaz. His work on the Dreamwave comic version of Megaman, doing the mini X comic in particular, was superb. It would be pretty nice to see him back doing more of what he was trying so hard to get off the ground during Dreamwaves go at the blue bomber but with Archie this time.

In coming link spam!

For those of you who dont have the energy, these are basically two different discussions and two different flavors of douchery. 

First up, his usual and most favorite lie; how he isn't responsible for the reboot happening.

Hahahha. To recap, his terms would have gone against Archie's contract. There was literally no way to work with them, to say nothing of his demand that Julie-Su and Locke be inspected by him with every use and approved by him, as well as making 25YL 'the' future. 

Next, more of his phony and self serving 'support' for Flynn.

First of all, your work outside of Archie? Please. You never worked more ten issues on *anything*. You didn't even make it THAT far on Star Trek. And your work outside comics? The Bratz Movie and an episode of King of the Hill, as a storyboard artist. 

Furthermore... you're not a professional, Ken. You're just a mediocre writer and artist who lucked out and found the one company that was willing to overlook your deficiencies as an artist, a writer and a human being. You don't have what it takes to last at a company with standards, and you never have. Flynn's doing some pretty amazing work, and while neither Sonic nor Megaman can last forever, he's giving more than you did and GETTING more in return. 

Jeezum Crow, this guy. 

JrDDZOv.png?2

Yeezus. He can't stop with the lying can he?

Penders CLAIMED OWNERSHIP of the characters. Like those Echidnas, and Scourge. There's no denying it, I think he knows it deep in his heart. He just refuses to admit it. 

Huh, he actually worked on something else? Let's see what that-

Incidentally, THIS is what he worked on as a storyboard artist for.

iSiOlOA.jpg

Truly, a worthwhile endeavor to be a part of. 

OMG that's what he worked on? XD

Yeah that is kinda sad.

I was hesistant to put this here, but after seeing that bio of Lara-Su and other pics of Lien-Da, I tried to re-draw them in a more Sonic-y style.

drawing_experiment_101__lara_su_and_lienLara wears silvery tights/pants here because screw the loincloth. Her glasses thing is supposed to be colorless. Also, tried to change the hair for both characters. This took me an hour.

Then I thought I would stop there, but I ended up drawing Julie-Su and Spectre for fun:

drawing_experiment_101__spectre_and_juli

Assuming that Spectre looks like this, since his cloak covers his body. Cyberkinetics. Everywhere. And that's supposed to be Chaos Powers, not fire. And the only change to Julie was her hair. This took me more than an hour....

What I learnt is, to draw other Echidna characters, just draw Knuckles and add the other parts. Eek that's horrifying.

• Thumbs Up 5

JrDDZOv.png?2

Yeezus. He can't stop with the lying can he?

Penders CLAIMED OWNERSHIP of the characters. Like those Echidnas, and Scourge. There's no denying it, I think he knows it deep in his heart. He just refuses to admit it.

Huh, he actually worked on something else? Let's see what that-

OMG that's what he worked on? XD

Yeah that is kinda sad.

I was hesistant to put this here, but after seeing that bio of Lara-Su and other pics of Lien-Da, I tried to re-draw them in a more Sonic-y style.

drawing_experiment_101__lara_su_and_lienLara wears silvery tights/pants here because screw the loincloth. Her glasses thing is supposed to be colorless. Also, tried to change the hair for both characters. This took me an hour.

Then I thought I would stop there, but I ended up drawing Julie-Su and Spectre for fun:

drawing_experiment_101__spectre_and_juli

Assuming that Spectre looks like this, since his cloak covers his body. Cyberkinetics. Everywhere. And that's supposed to be Chaos Powers, not fire. And the only change to Julie was her hair. This took me more than an hour....

What I learnt is, to draw other Echidna characters, just draw Knuckles and add the other parts.

You're not the only one to learn that.

JrDDZOv.png?2

What I learnt is, to draw other Echidna characters, just draw Knuckles and add the other parts. Eek that's horrifying.

Congragulations, you learned the Penders formula! You are tonight's winner!

• Thumbs Up 1

LOL Pendurrs worked on those God awful Bratz Babies DTV movies? Oh yeah sure, that's definitely something to be proud of!

Ken working on movies and his terrible designs makes me wonder; anyone else kind of curious how things would have gone down if Dreamworks had accepted his proposed Sonic movie?

I know it's probably impossible to tell if they'd actually allow him to have any input (especially since it wasn't his property), but assuming they did, movies almost always change from their original ideas, if not entirely then at least partially, and Dreamworks (as far as I know) knows better than to have clone characters (the movie involved Knuckles' immediate family). Dude would probably go nuts as he attempted to keep anything from changing from his ideas.

And to this day he'd be complaining about it. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Ken working on movies and his terrible designs makes me wonder; anyone else kind of curious how things would have gone down if Dreamworks had accepted his proposed Sonic movie?

I know it's probably impossible to tell if they'd actually allow him to have any input (especially since it wasn't his property), but assuming they did, movies almost always change from their original ideas, if not entirely then at least partially, and Dreamworks (as far as I know) knows better than to have clone characters (the movie involved Knuckles' immediate family). Dude would probably go nuts as he attempted to keep anything from changing from his ideas.

And to this day he'd be complaining about it. 

Given how his script writing is abysmal, as is his skill at writing in general? Methinks you're correct that Dreamworks would have indeed heavily altered things in order to make the movie workable... granted, that doesn't gauruntee it'd be any good, since Penders aside you can really go either way with Dreamworks, particularly during THAT time. I think one of two things would have happened; either it would have sucked still and Penders would insist it was because they deviated from his script and if they'd listened to HIM it would be great, or it would be decent-to-good and he'd still whine about all the changes or how he didn't get enough credit or how he wasn't getting his fair share or SOMETHING along the lines and STILL be unhappy and ungrateful. 

One thing I've noticed about Penders is that he doesn't really seem to 'get' collaborative works. He obsseses over individual effort and drive and clearly wants the glory of a major work, while not really acknowledging anyone else unless it's convenient. He doesn't even consider inkers and letterers as 'essential' in the same way as writers or artists. The way he acts and talks, it leaves the impression that he seems to think he'd have direct control over everything and get to decide what was what, even though that's very far from the reality of filmmaking, especially since he isn't the owner of Sonic in any fashion.

• Thumbs Up 3

So has the hack said anything about Archie cancelling their Kickstarter yet?

Anything more false support for Ian or, more likely, thinly veilded insults to him. Something like "Ian's success is only due to licensed properties, which we ALL KNOW ARE NOT REAL COMIC BOOKS. BUT I on the other hand am creating a whole original universe."?

So has the hack said anything about Archie cancelling their Kickstarter yet?

Anything more false support for Ian or, more likely, thinly veilded insults to him. Something like "Ian's success is only due to licensed properties, which we ALL KNOW ARE NOT REAL COMIC BOOKS. BUT I on the other hand am creating a whole original universe."?

Not as of yet. Give it time though. If he goes an entire week without bringing it up I'll be legitimately shocked. 

There's this.

You guys focus on Ian producing work you like while I'm discussing solely the business aspects.

There's this.

Oh mother fuck- YOU brought Ian up, Penders. You and you alone, and nobody else. It became an issue because YOU made an issue out of it to begin with! Jesus, this guy. 

I like how he's constantly talking about business when he demonstrates a clear lack of understanding of business. He'll take ANY opportunity to take potshots at Archie and inflate his importance. I am also surprised he hasn't commented on the Kickstarter being cancelled yet.

And I still don't understand why he cares so much about how much recognition Flynn is getting, as if he knows better, especially after his recent tirade about how Flynn gets TOO MUCH credit. Considering his general career trajectory, with the most important thing in recent years being fighting for ownership of characters from a licensed book and "winning" on a technicality, he really shouldn't talk.

I like how he's constantly talking about business when he demonstrates a clear lack of understanding of business. He'll take ANY opportunity to take potshots at Archie and inflate his importance. I am also surprised he hasn't commented on the Kickstarter being cancelled yet.

And I still don't understand why he cares so much about how much recognition Flynn is getting, as if he knows better, especially after his recent tirade about how Flynn gets TOO MUCH credit. Considering his general career trajectory, with the most important thing in recent years being fighting for ownership of characters from a licensed book and "winning" on a technicality, he really shouldn't talk.

This is Penders you're talking about. He lives in this weird reality where people don't notice the stuff he says and where they magically cannot observe his past statements on the internet, and if it's brought up, he just pretends they misunderstood what he was saying. Evidently, people tend to 'misunderstand' him very often. 

Me, I just find it funny that he talks like he's got this huge career outside of Sonic. As I mentioned, his career outside of Sonic is extremely limited; he hasn't had any kind of extensive comic work beyond Sonic, and his film credits are for things that either haven't aired (The Republic) or minor jobs (storyboarding for Bratz and King of the Hill). 

• Thumbs Up 6

Me, I just find it funny that he talks like he's got this huge career outside of Sonic. As I mentioned, his career outside of Sonic is extremely limited; he hasn't had any kind of extensive comic work beyond Sonic, and his film credits are for things that either haven't aired (The Republic) or minor jobs (storyboarding for Bratz and King of the Hill). 

We missed this one.

My point was a creator such as Ian working on a book like Sonic should be a sought-after commodity. If he turns down offers because he prefers Sonic, that's his business. If he goes looking for opportunities -- -- and the door is closed, the question becomes why? The perspective of a reader is different from a pro.

Oh and look  at that, he's trying to claim he's a professional. It's the same crap as always. So...

Is Ken Penders a egotistical asshole?

e76.gif

Yes. Yes he is.

Oh and look  at that, he's trying to claim he's a professional. It's the same crap as always. So...

• Thumbs Up 1

I almost feel like these are subtle digs at Flynn's ability as a writer. It's almost as if he's claiming "Hey, clearly if Ian isn't working on these properties, maybe he's not as good as you all say he is?" Never mind this is REALLY easy to turn around on him. Dude's a clown.

If Dreamworks did accept Penders' Sonic movie pitch, he would probably control the entire thing like that awful EL James woman from 50 Shades of Grey. Apparently she was so horribly demanding of her cringey script, that the original scriptwriter left and now the sequel has her husband writing the screenplay. >>

Well... Technically, he is. He does comics for money. Sort of.

Correction; he DID comics for money. Not so much anymore.

I don't even understand what his weird obsession with Flynn is. He sounds pathological and should see someone about it.