Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Also it's not space radiation that's changing everything, it's TIME RIPPLES! You know, like a quantum flux. Aka that's his 'damn good writing' he promised as for why his new stuff doesn't contradict everything else. Time ripples.

So the time ripple retroactively changed all the SEGA echidnas into the gross, mangled Ech'yd'nyas so they always looked like that? Yeesh, one wonders how those bodies allowed them to play their master race cards; at least being mutated by space radiation wouldn't have made the entire race ALWAYS sad and pathetic.

Because up until now, I can only see that he made Archie fuck the Sonic Comic Universe only for the fucking evulz.

Man, also, why do I think that Flynn should, ya know, take the fight and make Penders give him the rights to write his characters, even if by force?

By force? Eh... I'd be careful of that kinda thinking. That could lead you down the path of our departed, banned member Johnny who wished to murder Penders so his intellectual properties would be up for grabs.

Not to mention it would not bring back ALL of the characters, since their creators also own them i.e. Bollers owns Mina Mongoose, Fulop owns Mammoth Mogul and the Foursome members of the Destructrix, Gallagher owns Athair and the Downunda FFs, etc.

• Thumbs Up 3

By force? Eh... I'd be careful of that kinda thinking. That could lead you down the path of our departed, banned member Johnny who wished to murder Penders so his intellectual properties would be up for grabs.

Not to mention it would not bring back ALL of the characters, since their creators also own them i.e. Bollers owns Mina Mongoose, Fulop owns Mammoth Mogul and the Foursome members of the Destructrix, Gallagher owns Athair and the Downunda FFs, etc.

Murder Penders? What the fuck? Geez, why would I want to kill the guy, or someone for that matter?

I just wanted Flynn to fix Archie's mess, not a terrorist assault.

Sure, Penders is a douchebag, but murder? Isn't this too obsessive?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just saying, Flynn doesn't have that much pull at Archie. And I'm sure if he got involved in this squabble, riled up the fans, or actually made the drama worse, Archie would have absolutely no problem canning him in favor of a writer who knows where the line is.

And, personally, I'd rather Flynn keep his job rather than making noise over something that he had absolutely no control over. Do fans have the right to be upset still? Of course. But this is all beyond anyone's control, that it'd be unfair for anyone to dangle false hope like this, and I really don't think there's a point anymore. All I can do, at least, is accept it and blame the idiot who singlehandedly tore down 20 years of history.

But they come from THE KEN PENDERS PRIVATE COLLECTION. They are therefore far more valuable than the typical stock.

I actually do remember he was selling some of these issues with a fucking certificate of authenticity, I kid you not. They weren't even issues he worked on. They were just random issues (that Flynn wrote) that he included in his case for review. I still don't get what relevance he thought the Tails Adventure arc had to anything he did--nothing he created was featured in that story.

They featured romance between Bunnie and Antoine, which 'belongs' to Pendejo.

• Thumbs Up 1

They featured romance between Bunnie and Antoine, which 'belongs' to Pendejo.

Oh. Right.

You know, it's funny when you consider the part of the letter Clayton Emery wrote on Pen's behalf to the copyright office specifically said plot lines cannot be copyrighted.

So why he'd be adamant about this is beyond me. Ignoring the fact that he wasn't even the one who seeded that romance.

Oh. Right.

You know, it's funny when you consider the part of the letter Clayton Emery wrote on Pen's behalf to the copyright office specifically said plot lines cannot be copyrighted.

So why he'd be adamant about this is beyond me. Ignoring the fact that he wasn't even the one who seeded that romance.

This is the same guy who claims to own the concept of a Multiverse within Sonic. By his tormented logic, even a vague idea is something so unique to him that any attempt to do similar is an obvious attempt to copy HIS greatness. Simple fact is, he lives in a realm of egomania that few normal people can comprehend. Even 'usual' egomaniacs aren't as out there as Chicken Tenders is.

• Thumbs Up 7

Murder Penders? What the fuck? Geez, why would I want to kill the guy, or someone for that matter?

I just wanted Flynn to fix Archie's mess, not a terrorist assault.

Sure, Penders is a douchebag, but murder? Isn't this too obsessive?

Yeah... Johnny was a bit... unhinged... to say the least.

But, legally, there is literally nothing Flynn can do, unless Pen himself wants to sell them to.SEGA. AND CHEAP; they wouldn't want to bother if Pen asked for dozens of millions of dollars.

So when I see someone saying that 'X should force Penders to give them up', it seems they mean little else than physical violence against him since legal battles are/have been too costly.

And even if something DOES happen to Pen like so many wish for, then his property would most likely fall into a family estate where it'd be his wife and/or kids who'd have legal authority over them.

This is the same guy who claims to own the concept of a Multiverse within Sonic. By his tormented logic, even a vague idea is something so unique to him that any attempt to do similar is an obvious attempt to copy HIS greatness. Simple fact is, he lives in a realm of egomania that few normal people can comprehend. Even 'usual' egomaniacs aren't as out there as Chicken Tenders is.

I'm still half expecting him to sue DC and Grant Morrison & Geoff Johns for Multiversity and Forever Evil respectively for the use of a multiverse and the use of concept of evil versions of characters.

Edited by biznizz
  • Thumbs Up 3

But, legally, there is literally nothing Flynn can do, unless Pen himself wants to sell them to.SEGA. AND CHEAP; they wouldn't want to bother if Pen asked for dozens of millions of dollars.

So when I see someone saying that 'X should force Penders to give them up', it seems they mean little else than physical violence against him since legal battles are/have been too costly.

And even if something DOES happen to Pen like so many wish for, then his property would most likely fall into a family estate where it'd be his wife and/or kids who'd have legal authority over them.

I don't think Penders has any family. Not with that ego.

I don't think Penders has any family. Not with that ego.

Dude's well known to have a wife and at least one kid. And siblings, parents, and other blood relatives' existence aren't really dependent on ego levels. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Ah, I forgot we have some new people here.

Suffice it to say, Pen does indeed have a family and had long since used both the Sonic and Knuckles books as a sort of therapy with family avatars.

His abusive, but repentant-at-the-end-of-his-life father was the basis for Locke. Hell, that's why Locke died of cancer in 25YL and why he said he'd revive Locke after Enerjak Reborn killed him in the present; Kenneth Penders Sr died of cancer and it was Pen's tribute to him.

Julie-Su was Pen's wife Bernedette, making Knuckles himself Pen's analouge.

And thus it can be reasoned that Lara-Su is Pen's son, Stephen.

Hell, for on-page examples of shilling his family, just look at Sonic Live!, where Pen had his son and niece meet Sonic and save the multiverse from a Legion of Robotniks. Pencils by Pen himself and including actual photographs of the kids on display. The fact that story was pure garbage all the way through (Sonic was sketched up by a random sketch artist working for two white guys from SEGA!) was just the icing on the cake.

• Thumbs Up 2

If I say it's a new character, I'm going to get flak no matter what. Simply put, Lara-Su has a father and his name is K'Nox.

Oh cry me a river.

(I think this has been done before but I had to put my two cents on this)

Recall, this is what K'nox looks like:

BrnmjPdCYAImEt6.jpg

Ring any bells?

This character is based on Knuckles, and Knuckles belongs to Sayyguhhh (SEGA :P) And Penders says that this is an entirely new character. And this character looks like Mobius 25 years later Knuckles.

Conclusion:

K'nox is not a new character, he's a Knuckles lookalike/ripoff. (facedesks)

And here's another thing in twitter, someone asked about what Lien-Da and Kragok and Dimitri's creation was like.

Here's what he said:

Lien-Da was me thinking that a real badass female villain would be a good thing to spice things up in the storyline.

Notice how he didn't mention Kragok or Dimitri yet, even though Dimitri's design was shown (I think) but eh.

Umm yeah having a scary face and weird eyes and too many cyberkinetics really makes a female villian badass. -_-

Source

And that's all I knida have to say therefore.

*throws pen down*

• Thumbs Up 1

Suffice it to say, Pen does indeed have a family and had long since used both the Sonic and Knuckles books as a sort of therapy with family avatars.

His abusive, but repentant-at-the-end-of-his-life father was the basis for Locke. Hell, that's why Locke died of cancer in 25YL and why he said he'd revive Locke after Enerjak Reborn killed him in the present; Kenneth Penders Sr died of cancer and it was Pen's tribute to him.

Hell, for on-page examples of shilling his family, just look at Sonic Live!, where Pen had his son and niece meet Sonic and save the multiverse from a Legion of Robotniks. Pencils by Pen himself and including actual photographs of the kids on display. The fact that story was pure garbage all the way through (Sonic was sketched up by a random sketch artist working for two white guys from SEGA!) was just the icing on the cake.

And on a lesser note, he named Hershey after his cat, Sonic's mom after his wife, and Snively's abusive and xenophobic father after his step-son (which I still find warped), and for his latest project claims that 'Mykael Taelor' is named after a pair of his good friends. 

If there is a line between drawing stuff from your life and just being lazy, Ken crossed that line at breakneck speed years ago.

• Thumbs Up 2

And on a lesser note, he named Hershey after his cat, Sonic's mom after his wife, and Snively's abusive and xenophobic father after his step-son (which I still find warped), and for his latest project claims that 'Mykael Taelor' is named after a pair of his good friends. 

If there is a line between drawing stuff from your life and just being lazy, Ken crossed that line at breakneck speed years ago.

Don't forget that Snively's real name was Colin Kintobor Jr., so make that a twofer. And don't forget that in his Sonic movie pitch art, he had Snively perform vivisection on a half roboticized Mobian. SatAM, as far as I can remember, just had him known as Snively, and only revealed he was Robotnik's nephew in the Blast From The Past episode in the second season, if only to excuse why they were the only two humans on Mobius.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude's well known to have a wife and at least one kid. And siblings, parents, and other blood relatives' existence aren't really dependent on ego levels. 

With his warped view of reality, maybe he just thinks these people he knows are his wife and kid?

This would be one more reason for no one to want to be his friend.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems extremely unfair to insult the entire family and call them self righteous because Ken put their names in the comics. If we had some kind of confirmation they asked for him to do it I could understand it, but as far as I know we don't. 

And I can't remember any mention of them ever doing anything else that would warrant insulting them, either. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't think naming characters after family members is that bad, but...yeah, Penders seems to have taken it a bit too far. To the point where it's just a little weird.

In general, though, I would leave Pen's family out of it when we're discussing his problems...occasionally it's relevant, but it just makes me somewhat uncomfortable...

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry, that truly was a unprovoked attack on people that have nothing to do with this. It just seemed a bit strange that Penders decided to include so many things, like names from his family. Actually, it's kinda creepy in a way.

Well Pen has confirmed that Locke us based off his dad, and Julie based off Bernie. I could have sworn there was some point where he said Lara was based off (one of his) own kid(s). Me equating him to Knuckles was more of me following a pattern than his confirming it. But it makes a certain degree of sense in a few ways.

Locke (Ken Sr) abandoned Knuckles for most of his life, yet when he returns Knuckles (Pen) jumps at the chance to rekindle that relationship, ignoring all the neglect, lies and emotional abuse. In fact, Pen defends Locke (Ken Sr) so much, one of his biggest criticisms of Ian's Enerjak run was that it made Locke seem like an awful person who exploited his son since before birth (which Locke did) and who's only true act of love for his son was sacrificing himself to save him. Meanwhile, in Pen's future, Locke (Sr) died of Chaos Cancer, but managed to reconcile with his son before dying an inglorious and sad death, whereupon that story is dedicated to Ken Sr.

It's hard not to put Pen into the Knuckles role, if only by association after all that.

Honestly I think it's for the best. I've been enjoy the book a lot more without the clutter and with Flynn building from the ground up and reinventing characters from other media.

It's just so much more enjoyable now. I guess if Penders/Whoever characters can come back they could be recreated and made interesting but as it stands the books fine without them.

Plus now it actually resembles the source materiel so that's a plus. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh-ho. Oh-ho boy. Pen has been kind enough to give us some insight into what a 'Dagon' is. On the one hand, it's not JUST a dagger. On the other hand... it's even dumber. 

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/603309346953437185

A Dagon is best described as a bow with an aerodynamic hunting knife instead of an arrow, easily adapted to hand-to-hand combat

Even by the standards of bullshit sci-fi and fantasy weapons, that doesn't begin to make sense. 

So... you shoot knives with a Dagon...? Or is it a knife that converts into a bow somehow?

What.

I'm really trying to understand, but I can't picture what he's talking about exactly.

So... you shoot knives with a Dagon...? Or is it a knife that converts into a bow somehow?

What.

I'm really trying to understand, but I can't picture what he's talking about exactly.

Can we just call Lara-Su a boring, lazy ripoff of Hawkeye and leave it at that?

His weapon idea is one of the stupidest things I've heard as well. How the fuck is shooting a knife anymore practical than shooting an arrow? If anything, it'd be less practical.

It's just so much more enjoyable now. I guess if Penders/Whoever characters can come back they could be recreated and made interesting