Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

The funniest thing about it is

1. No one is forcing anyone to fund those projects

2. Most patreons have rewards for supporters

And yet somehow it's 'hipster welfare' instead of a subscription service.

• Thumbs Up 3

And now a bit of fresh shit from the source. Penders has decided to comment on the Boom comic's cancellation. 

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/605579484486496256

And yet again he seems to be operating under the idea that Sonic X was a miserable failure... despite the fact that the Sonic X comic outlasted his precious Knuckles series, and the show being popular enough to roll around in syndication for years after it ended. Seriously, I don't even *like* Sonic X, but I wouldn't call it unsuccessful by a long shot. 

And as a reminder, this is a guy who once said that Sonic Boom was 'The future of Sonic'. 

• Thumbs Up 8

Yeah I was going to mention. He was dead certain it was the future of Sonic. He seems to have forgotten he's said that.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah I was going to mention. He was dead certain it was the future of Sonic. He seems to have forgotten he's said that.

He retconned his own history.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh, boy. The cancellation of the Boom comic following Worlds Unite has opened the floodgates.

I view the entire Sonic Boom fiasco as simply Sonic X Redux. Both were doomed to failure because Sega didn't plan well.

Sonic X was a "failure"? I was under the impression that as a separate continuity, it was more or less a moderate success. Especially since it wasn't meant to last forever; it even got an international third season that it didn't get in Japan.

And, lest we forget out classy friend FuhrerNaugus, who decided to open the sewer hole.

Edited by biznizz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Apparently the cancellation had nothing to do with sales, so. It doesn't matter that it 'could not even make it to 12' as it was some outside source.

• Thumbs Up 2

Apparently the cancellation had nothing to do with sales, so. It doesn't matter that it 'could not even make it to 12' as it was some outside source.

Since when have facts ever mattered to that gibbering little pipsqueak? 

Well, at least I've learned something today.  "HAHA YOUR COMIC DIDN'T MAKE IT TO TWELVE ISSUES" is a fucking hilarious criticism when it comes from the lead ass kisser of Ken "couldn't-even-manage-two" Penders.

• Thumbs Up 9

He's seriously fucking stupid if he thinks it's as easy as "Pay Penders for characters".

Doesn't surprise me anyway, Penders' lapdogs are just trolls who don't actually bother to look at any sort of fact. Just like the man himself.

• Thumbs Up 6

Last bit for the night. Talked to the man myself.

I view the entire Sonic Boom fiasco as simply Sonic X Redux. Both were doomed to failure because Sega didn't plan well.

Didn't you say that Boom was "the sole future"? https://twitter.com/kenpenders/status/492022575464058880  Also, X was so-so successful, geting a 3rd season in'tl.

You know... for all of Boom's faults... I can honestly say it's more enjoyable than anything L-SC has shown, or even Pen's super ceral stuff like 25YL.

Also, last I checked, the show's getting at least another season. Am I mistaken in that assumption?

• Thumbs Up 6

The games character interactions and personalities were one thousand times better than anything Penders can shit out.

The games character interactions and personalities were one thousand times better than anything Penders can shit out.

At least the game characters HAVE personalities. 

I like it how he ignored the comment that the Sonic X comic, the "failure", had more comics released and published under its header than his Knuckles series did. #Cantmakeitto33

• Thumbs Up 4

It wasn't a matter of planning on why the Boom game was so bad. It had to do with the studio (which was not SEGA, Pendejo) fucking up big time with being understaffed and having to cut massive amounts of content.

• Thumbs Up 1

Like he's one to talk, given how delayed his project is and the fact his only other major solo effort failed, to say nothing of that dreadful trailer to the Lost Ones Movie being the only thing at all to exist of that film that he swears is being looked at. 

I think we can all agree that this applies to Penders, and his other lapdogs (Not mentioning names)

Seriously asking this then, why not just close the topic until the book comes out?

We have nothing positive to say about this book, this man, or this entire mess he caused and I'm not about to start speaking about this matter in any sort of positive way. we have in the 200 (plus the pages that were lost in the wipe) said what we thought about this project over and over in detail and at the end of the day, hes still a flawed human being trying to create a comic book about plagiarized characters and stories he did for a licensed comic book 9 years ago about a fricken blue hedgehog, its ridiculous.

And due to this man's very, veeeeeery slow release schedule this topic will just be used to kill time until he releases another abomination piece of art or preview for which we can laugh at it and comment on it negatively.

In short, this topic was not made to be positive in any sort of way, expecting us to be forcefully positive about it will not help either but I understand why the decision you guys made.

Like you said Nepehthe we had our fun, but maybe its time to close the topic instead this is an issue you can't squeeze positivity out of people.

• Thumbs Up 2

Positivity isn't required, and Nepenthe didn't say it was. She's just saying don't be a shit about it.

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm not asking you guys to be positive about anything you don't genuinely like.

I'm asking you to discuss the actual contents of the book and the updates that Ken gives on social media about the book- and only the book- like adults instead of children.

If you or anyone else physically cannot discuss this book over time without bringing up irrelevant quotes he's made about other subjects, spamming this topic with memes and one-sentence posts, or trying to bring his fucking family into it, then you're literally not fit to discuss shit on this board.

I'm not closing it because there's still discussion to be had. Ken's going to be releasing updates over time, however slow they may be, just as with every other unreleased game, comic, tv show, film, or whatever else out there that we have threads about. If there's nothing to talk about in the interim, then the topic can fall down the pages until another update surfaces at which point it can be bumped, again just like every other unreleased game, comic, tv show, film, and whatever else that that we have a thread about.

This ain't hard.

• Thumbs Up 5

Alright, so long as were not expected to be positive about this project then I can understand the call that was made. even though we will be on point from now on this topic will still be overall negative, because its something that just cannot be helped.

We'll still be an epicenter of negativity and bile, but we'll be more classy about it.

I still loathe the man and his idiotic actions but I've rarely participated in this topic since its announcement anyways so its not a real issue to me overall.

Oh, boy. The cancellation of the Boom comic following Worlds Unite has opened the floodgates.

And, lest we forget out classy friend FuhrerNaugus, who decided to open the sewer hole.

What I find even more hilarious about this is that Ian's gotten a canon spin-off up to 76 issues and Mega Man up to 50. But Ken couldn't keep Knuckles going past 32 at the height of his popularity.

• Thumbs Up 3

So reading Nepenthe's posts and taking some time to think while I was out earlier, I don't think anything the staff have called for is unreasonable. I know there was an instance where someone did bring up Pen's family, but nobody was OK with that and they were told to stop, but admittedly we should probably be more proactive with reporting these things if they do get out of hand like that. We can also probably stop bringing up the obvious troll, because he's not important to the discussion at all. That's our bad.

I think this thread still serves a good purpose of keeping this stuff away from the Archie topic; the history of the book, Penders's statements regarding it and the franchise as a whole, his past works and LSC, and the legal actions taken by both him and Archie have no place in that thread, and I think it's all still worth discussing here. I do admit to being the primary offender in bringing up the subject whenever I had a chance in the Archie thread, and I'm also the one that assembles most of his tweets and brings up statements he's made on his forums as far as what he has to say about the comic or Sonic in general. I personally like to have them as a record to point out why I think his statements are wrong or otherwise don't line up with what he's previously said. I apologize if anything I've done recently only contributed to any off-topic dogpiling.

I agree that things can be toned down, and centered squarely on the man and his work though.