Spin Attaxx

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Actually, I think they were supposed to be humans from the get-go, but complaints about the misanthropy which arises from this lead them to being a close human equivalant in Overlanders, so their Hat of being war-happy savages could be justified. THEN when Adventure came along, nice, actual humans had to be introduced since apparently it would go against Overlander M.O. to be cordial to Mobians.

The game characters having five fingers while everyone else had four was just something that happened from the get-go. I think the only time they ever brought it up was in the issues before they got to Station Square, not that that plot thread was ever brought up again.

But yeah, Bollers and Pen did make things more overdramatic and serious, tho Pen was worse at it. A cause of the schism between Overlanders and the Kingdom of Acorn was revealed to be due to an Overlander kid accidentally shot and killed one of Sally's ancestors with a revolver.

Not really Pen Kenders news, but a little update on our old friend & Pen-Praiser FuhrerMustang over on tha Twitta.

It seems that ol' Roy here shares the same kind of viewpoint as such "lauded" individuals as Asaleri and Archfiend on Youtube (and maybe Pen? Forgot what his stance on Kickstarter is), such as when Ian Flynn announced the Kickstarter for Raiders of the Abyss, an individual project Flynn is doing independantly.

Now, this is kinda old, and I'm sure was brought up when it was actually said (I think).

But this reminds me of a question: Just how in the hell is Pen actually funding this project?

He's said that he was low on money during his lawsuit, yet seems to be going full force on this trainwreck with little concern of capital. He's certainly got enough to make his convention standees of the cover and Lien-Diva, and has not expressed concerned with funding on printing thousands of copies of his book (if and) when the material for the first book is done. He can't have sold enough of his Acorn patches and eBay comics to feel safe; he certainly hasn't sold any of his phone cases. If nothing else, he's probably costing on his wife's money since, IIRC, she's a successful lawyer in her own right.

Yet crowdfunding an independant project is seen in the eyes of one of Pen's fans as being worse than presumably leeching money off of your spouse? I realize that Naugus Mustang has a certain hate boner for Ian, but wow.

Sorry if I covered old ground, but just to make up for it, here's a new bit of Pen Twittery.

Personally I don't understand the hatred of Patreon some people have.

"You want to fund a project? We'll you're a thieving evil scumbag because you want to do projects." It makes no sense to me at all.

And now a bit of fresh shit from the source. Penders has decided to comment on the Boom comic's cancellation. 

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/605579484486496256

And yet again he seems to be operating under the idea that Sonic X was a miserable failure... despite the fact that the Sonic X comic outlasted his precious Knuckles series, and the show being popular enough to roll around in syndication for years after it ended. Seriously, I don't even *like* Sonic X, but I wouldn't call it unsuccessful by a long shot. 

And as a reminder, this is a guy who once said that Sonic Boom was 'The future of Sonic'. 

Oh, boy. The cancellation of the Boom comic following Worlds Unite has opened the floodgates.

I view the entire Sonic Boom fiasco as simply Sonic X Redux. Both were doomed to failure because Sega didn't plan well.

Sonic X was a "failure"? I was under the impression that as a separate continuity, it was more or less a moderate success. Especially since it wasn't meant to last forever; it even got an international third season that it didn't get in Japan.

And, lest we forget out classy friend FuhrerNaugus, who decided to open the sewer hole.

Edited by biznizz

Apparently the cancellation had nothing to do with sales, so. It doesn't matter that it 'could not even make it to 12' as it was some outside source.

Since when have facts ever mattered to that gibbering little pipsqueak? 

Last bit for the night. Talked to the man myself.

I view the entire Sonic Boom fiasco as simply Sonic X Redux. Both were doomed to failure because Sega didn't plan well.

Didn't you say that Boom was "the sole future"? https://twitter.com/kenpenders/status/492022575464058880  Also, X was so-so successful, geting a 3rd season in'tl.

You know... for all of Boom's faults... I can honestly say it's more enjoyable than anything L-SC has shown, or even Pen's super ceral stuff like 25YL.

Also, last I checked, the show's getting at least another season. Am I mistaken in that assumption?

The games character interactions and personalities were one thousand times better than anything Penders can shit out.

At least the game characters HAVE personalities. 

Like he's one to talk, given how delayed his project is and the fact his only other major solo effort failed, to say nothing of that dreadful trailer to the Lost Ones Movie being the only thing at all to exist of that film that he swears is being looked at. 

Seriously asking this then, why not just close the topic until the book comes out?

We have nothing positive to say about this book, this man, or this entire mess he caused and I'm not about to start speaking about this matter in any sort of positive way. we have in the 200 (plus the pages that were lost in the wipe) said what we thought about this project over and over in detail and at the end of the day, hes still a flawed human being trying to create a comic book about plagiarized characters and stories he did for a licensed comic book 9 years ago about a fricken blue hedgehog, its ridiculous.

And due to this man's very, veeeeeery slow release schedule this topic will just be used to kill time until he releases another abomination piece of art or preview for which we can laugh at it and comment on it negatively.

In short, this topic was not made to be positive in any sort of way, expecting us to be forcefully positive about it will not help either but I understand why the decision you guys made.

Like you said Nepehthe we had our fun, but maybe its time to close the topic instead this is an issue you can't squeeze positivity out of people.

I'm not asking you guys to be positive about anything you don't genuinely like.

I'm asking you to discuss the actual contents of the book and the updates that Ken gives on social media about the book- and only the book- like adults instead of children.

If you or anyone else physically cannot discuss this book over time without bringing up irrelevant quotes he's made about other subjects, spamming this topic with memes and one-sentence posts, or trying to bring his fucking family into it, then you're literally not fit to discuss shit on this board.

I'm not closing it because there's still discussion to be had. Ken's going to be releasing updates over time, however slow they may be, just as with every other unreleased game, comic, tv show, film, or whatever else out there that we have threads about. If there's nothing to talk about in the interim, then the topic can fall down the pages until another update surfaces at which point it can be bumped, again just like every other unreleased game, comic, tv show, film, and whatever else that that we have a thread about.

This ain't hard.

Alright, so long as were not expected to be positive about this project then I can understand the call that was made. even though we will be on point from now on this topic will still be overall negative, because its something that just cannot be helped.

We'll still be an epicenter of negativity and bile, but we'll be more classy about it.

I still loathe the man and his idiotic actions but I've rarely participated in this topic since its announcement anyways so its not a real issue to me overall.