Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Unfortunately, we have no real way of gauging how far along the project is. I wish we did, or at least had some kind of sneak peaks.

Actually, now that I think of it, a sneak peak for the script of the comic wasn't shown that long ago, was it? I know time slips away on me sometimes... but even then, the fact he showed the script then didn't necessarily mean it wasn't made earlier than that and only shown then.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just keep in mind that he's been realizing plot details and such only as far back as a few months ago, meaning completed pages would have to be redone and reworked in order to include those new ''plot important characters''

Dude thinks this'll be a six or so book thing. For all we know whatever characters he's had sudden revelations about couldn't even be relevant until book four or whatever. And either way, there's a difference between "I have to change this" and "I just flat out haven't done this".

I get that Penders is going really pathetically slow. I doubt he's even close to finishing. Just "We've seen one page, therefore one page has been completed" is illogical. Verb and Noun's right that his progress can't really be gauged. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Its true that visible evidence does not equal corrallation of the number of pages he has completed i what ever degree of 'completion', but the fact that he still refuses to give out even a TBD date of whatever quarter this or next year does not make his case for him. :/

• Thumbs Up 6

So... which characters does Penders have access to exactly? I know that he has all the characters in 25 Years Later, as well as anyone in Mercia, but I'm not sure about who else.

You should of ended it with everybody dying but this works too

Actually, in a way, everyone DID die -- everyone who existed that Penders, indirectly OR directly, created.

Which sucks, because then any stupid loopholes like Scourge being anti-Sonic or Shard's crystal thingy being Penders-born are not allowed anymore, even if those characters were fully and truly realized by completely different people.

I kindaa wish they'd start testing the waters - seeing who and what they can get away with and how much attention is payed to them by Penders, seeing if even he can remember if a character was created by him or not, and to what affect.

You know, I bet if he'd worked things out diplomatically instead of out-of-nowhere trying to grab and take all these echidnas for himself, they might have been able to work out some sort of deal where he could use "his" characters in a series that could be as shitty as it wanted while Archie wouldn't have to reboot the whole series and lose half the lore and characters.

Yeah, I changed it to all of his characters died. 

So... which characters does Penders have access to exactly? I know that he has all the characters in 25 Years Later, as well as anyone in Mercia, but I'm not sure about who else.

So, I'm still unclear. If Archie then tried to use Scourge or whoever, what would happen?

So, I'm still unclear. If Archie then tried to use Scourge or whoever, what would happen?

He's threatening to sue if they use Scourge, as he tries to claim ''Evil Sonic'' is a original character

Which is thoroughly absurd simply considering Evil Sonic is just Sonic with 80s-90s leather gear, and Scourge is Sonic palette-swapped (I know he's a full character thanks to Ian Flynn and others, but it doesn't change that detail).

Ugh...so, it's not like Chronicles, though, right? Sega doesn't care about those characters because Chronicles might as well be a speck of dust, but the writers care about theirs, right? So, are we just going to sit here forever limited only to characters we have left and new ones we create while Penders does...whatever, or is anything ever going to come to fruition? Because it's not like Penders could use evil Sonic, he'd get sued by Sega.

Hey, the tablecloth has Lara-Su on it. Awesome. Reused art I think, but at least he's paying attention to his main character for once. Still trotting out the Lien-Da standee, though.

It's interesting that he seems to be going into advertisement overdrive, making sure his name is nice and big with the logo on that tablecloth. I wonder how much that cost to print?

(Edit- I just noticed he's located near the restrooms. That's not important whatsoever, it just made me chuckle because I live a joyless existence)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, the tablecloth has Lara-Su on it. Awesome. Reused art I think, but at least he's paying attention to his main character for once. Still trotting out the Lien-Da standee, though.

It's interesting that he seems to be going into advertisement overdrive, making sure his name is nice and big with the logo on that tablecloth. I wonder how much that cost to print?

Hey, the tablecloth has Lara-Su on it. Awesome. Reused art I think, but at least he's paying attention to his main character for once. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I will say it's a nice tablecloth for promotional purposes. Most people in artist alley don't put it that much effort into the appearance of their booth display so I'll give him that.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, are we just going to sit here forever limited only to characters we have left and new ones we create while Penders does...whatever, or is anything ever going to come to fruition? Because it's not like Penders could use evil Sonic, he'd get sued by Sega.

Ugh...so, it's not like Chronicles, though, right? Sega doesn't care about those characters because Chronicles might as well be a speck of dust, but the writers care about theirs, right? So, are we just going to sit here forever limited only to characters we have left and new ones we create while Penders does...whatever, or is anything ever going to come to fruition? Because it's not like Penders could use evil Sonic, he'd get sued by Sega.

Sega and Archie have more to lose than Penders, and companies would always rather avoid losing money if they can, so they're simply not chancing it.  It's not like Penders is going to break the bank, and it's also not like Sega cares at all about any characters it didn't invent.  As fans, it's regrettable and quite hard to watch, but there's really nothing that can be done without either Sega or Archie exerting themselves more than they need to.

...Well, unless Archie tries introducing notScourge and notShard and so on; I'm not sure what would happen in that situation, but again, it may simply be a matter of not chancing it.  Not unless they can do it with existing characters, anyway; for instance, I've heard Gemerl cited as a potential Shard substitute both before and after his recent appearance.

• Thumbs Up 1

"I'm doing the work of six people" Hellboy, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Usagi Yojimbo. All these are books that were done by 1 or 2 people tops.

Hell Bryan Lee O'Malley didn't announce Scott Pilgrim and then sit on his butt making Apps and Buttons for four Freaking Years.

• Thumbs Up 1