Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Funny thing last night. After My best friend from highschool showed me that Tyson Heese comic with Knuckles, and when I saw the Ken Penders gag at the end, I ended up asking him if he knew about Lara-Su Chronicles. When he replied with no, I had to make him share the pain I felt, when I first saw the Su-kini pic.

I think I may have scarred the poor guy for life, I mean, he did graduate from an art school. His reaction pretty much consisted of "Oh god, please tell me this guy is trolling" and "Jesus, this isn't real... TELL ME THIS ISN'T REAL." Then we, being the art students we were, proceeded to tear apart what was wrong with the pic.

That was pretty fun.

• Thumbs Up 6

:) now i tell you.. if he used Google translate.. he didn't read the meanings of each word which appears down the translation..... because there is more synonyms accourding to the context of his story.. heheh

According to him, a 'young woman from Mexico' was the one who did the translation, and provided it via text format. Bet you any amount of money that this 'young woman' was promised she'd get paid 'once it took off'. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Well the ''young woman from Mexico'' couldn't have a very good grasp on the language when DrawLover already stated the text has a lot of issues.

• Thumbs Up 1

According to him, a 'young woman from Mexico' was the one who did the translation, and provided it via text format. Bet you any amount of money that this 'young woman' was promised she'd get paid 'once it took off'. 

wow.. well...its pretty weird that young Mexican woman could have made those kind of mistakes .. its like she didn't read what she wrote..because its kinda weird at reading it on spanish....XD unless she was too "young" to have enough knowledge on english; ....dunno

by example at one of the St John dialogues wich says "O esta ser una conversacÚn muy corta"

"O esta ser"  sounds kinda like Tarzan-ish to me.. hehe i'm so sorry for her.... but   that translated to english would be "or this be a very short conversation" you see?

the real translation from "Otherwise this will be a very short conversation" would be "De otra manera, esta será una conversación muy corta"

Edited by Drawloverlala
sorry i corrected something XP
  • Thumbs Up 2

Do recall that when he released the page in French, he got into a fairly heated argument when an actual french speaker (our very own Adamis) actually pointed out that it was an error ridden mess, even claiming that he was misreading things because he was from Belgium, so CLEARLY that meant his French was the wrong kind of French (despite the fact that there virtually no difference at all between Belgian French and France French). 

He seems to have an uncanny skill at picking up 'native speakers' who are magically terrible at speaking their language. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a feeling that his ''native speakers'' is Penders Logic Language for ''Random friends who uses Google Translate''

• Thumbs Up 7

What's this? He actually listened to critique without counter-arguments? Or did I just miss those?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll just say this : I've recieved a payment from Ken just a few minutes ago, for the translation I provided for the first page. I should get the second page soon.

• Thumbs Up 5

What's this? He actually listened to critique without counter-arguments? Or did I just miss those?

I'll just say this : I've recieved a payment from Ken just a few minutes ago, for the translation I provided for the first page. I should get the second page soon.

...Has Ken been replaced by a pod person in the last few hours?

It's possible he's a little more willing to admit to there being mistakes in translations of his work (though he seemed a little stubborn about the initial French translation). Could be because he really wouldn't know better and is trusting the translators to do their job.

I dunno. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here. I'm not sure he's going to be quite this open to feedback on the art or story, because even being nice and constructive about it doesn't seem to work on him for that.

It's possible he's a little more willing to admit to there being mistakes in translations of his work (though he seemed a little stubborn about the initial French translation). Could be because he really wouldn't know better and is trusting the translators to do their job.

I dunno. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here. I'm not sure he's going to be quite this open to feedback on the art or story, because even being nice and constructive about it doesn't seem to work on him for that.

I'll second that one. It's nice that he is listening to input regarding the translations, but that may be because he really doesn't have any kind of alternative. I've witnessed this guy in action when his art or writing was criticized... in the end he'd still respond with hostility and condescension, regardless of whether or not the critic in question was being harsh or being polite and measured. 

If he keeps this up, more power to him, but I'd rather see signs of him trying to improve on his actual artwork and writing... as well as demonstrate some kind of attention on his actual product rather than the spinoff of the spinoff. 

Glad to hear you were paid, Adamis. That's a positive thing in Pen's favor. I hope Springy is getting compensation as well.

Glad to see him responding to critique appropriately as well, that's something we can use more of.

• Thumbs Up 1

Glad to hear you got paid Adamis! I just hope Penders is paying Springy a good amount and not stalling him.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know that guy. It's hard to tell if he's trolling or not honestly.

I very much doubt it. He's brought up serious points on his board and on Bumbleking, and considering it's Penders, I'm leaning more towards Penders acting like an asshole once again

I very much doubt it. He's brought up serious points on his board and on Bumbleking, and considering it's Penders, I'm leaning more towards Penders acting like an asshole once again

Fair enough. Honestly he does raise some good points here.

And now we have a bit more info on the ever mysterious App, or rather, the people who bought it. 

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/624240287926226944

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/624240699387437056

So evidently the people who bought it don't use twitter or any kind of social media at all... oookay, that's rather odd, and convenient. The only people being able to comment on the thing not evidently having the means to do so. 

• Thumbs Up 1

And now we have a bit more info on the ever mysterious App, or rather, the people who bought it. 

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/624240287926226944

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/624240699387437056

So evidently the people who bought it don't use twitter or any kind of social media at all... oookay, that's rather odd, and convenient. The only people being able to comment on the thing not evidently having the means to do so. 

What's even weirder is the fact that somehow Ken knows. I mean what's he trying to imply? That he asked every single person who came to the booth ''Oh hey, do you use Twitter or any social network sites?''

Penders' is so full of shit, it's so laughable.

• Thumbs Up 5