Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

I said "mentions" not "shows".

And yes, it's Alicia and Elias.

Can you guys remind me of something please ? Ken posted a preview of Lara-Su's data-file on Twitter, did it mention the Kingdom of Acorns or the Brotherhood ?

I said "mentions" not "shows".

And yes, it's Alicia and Elias.

Can you guys remind me of something please ? Ken posted a preview of Lara-Su's data-file on Twitter, did it mention the Kingdom of Acorns or the Brotherhood ?

I slogged through the Mary-Sue file. It mentions the Brotherhood, but nothing about The Kingdom of Acorn(s). 

• Thumbs Up 1

Manic and Sonia were created by DIC for Sonic Underground. He wouldn't be so stupid as to use them even if it's just their names.

Then again, this is a man who thinks he can use Knuckles in his book and doesn't know how to make a fucking simple comic book without overdoing it.

Comic Sonia and Manic are totally different from cartoon Sonia and Manic, though, in both look and role. If anything, the names are more of a shout out to them.

I'd consider it more of a roadblock that they were complete clones of Sonic and Sally, but if a goatee makes using Knuckles okay I'm sure a missing tooth and new shoes will make using Sonic okay. 

I wonder if Alicia and Elias will ever actually appear? Alicia's design is VERY similar to Sally's, whom he doesn't own...not that he cares, obviously, but it'd be interesting (and horrifying) (and amusing) to see him try to redesign them.

It'd be funny (and true to form) if at some point he used or at least mentioned King Maximillian too, since apparently he owns the idea of his first name being Max.

Of course this is based on the stupid assumption he actually gets that far

Comic Sonia and Manic are totally different from cartoon Sonia and Manic, though, in both look and role. If anything, the names are more of a shout out to them.

I'd consider it more of a roadblock that they were complete clones of Sonic and Sally, but if a goatee makes using Knuckles okay I'm sure a missing tooth and new shoes will make using Sonic okay. 

If Penders included a rip-off of Sonic and not just a rip-off of Knuckles, Sega might actually get mad...maybe? It would at least increase the likelihood, anyway. I don't blame them for not caring, though.

After reading through all of this and Mr. Penders' Twitter, I'm beginning to wonder if he plans on creating something similar to Comix Zone.

So Alicia and Elias are going to be mentioned by Geoffrey? Huh, didn't see that coming...

Wait. Doesn't this mean that Penders will use Canon he was not meant to use? No, wait, he ALREADY does that.

Wait. Doesn't this mean that Penders will use Canon he was not meant to use? No, wait, he ALREADY does that.

Uh, he created Alicia and Elias. Geoffrey mentioning them isn't Penders using Canon he isn't suppose to.

• Thumbs Up 1

So...the second page is coming soon, right? Jeez, how long has it been since the first page, and will we wait that long for the third? XP

Uh, he created Alicia and Elias. Geoffrey mentioning them isn't Penders using Canon he isn't suppose to.

The entire comic is him using canon he isn't supposed to be using

So, aside from constantly talking about Brady-gate, Ken seems to be doing nothing at all. Aside from trying to rebut Stephen Carnaggio again about raising awareness from his work by posting this:

A retrospective review of the KtE series, which is surprisingly incredibly positive. That was posted on Escapist in 2009.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, aside from constantly talking about Brady-gate, Ken seems to be doing nothing at all. Aside from trying to rebut Stephen Carnaggio again about raising awareness from his work by posting this:

A retrospective review of the KtE series, which is surprisingly incredibly positive. That was posted on Escapist in 2009.

Oh of course. A glowing review of the series written before the lawsuit totally verifies that there are currently masses of people eagerly supporting and praising his current direction. I'm not sure what thought is worse; that he would honestly think THAT supports his position or that he would think anybody else would. 

It's all the more hilarious given that the thread itself generated a grand total of TWO replies. 

• Thumbs Up 5

That was, what, six years ago now? A lot can change even in a single year. Imagine how much has changed in six.

Isn't it loveable when Penders makes tweets that actually doesn't make any sense from a normal human's viewpoint?

And to think that now my brain is not safe anymore via not clicking it; whatever widget this forum has makes it possible to show his tweets right here.

(Yeah, I avoided clicking links to his tweets; something told me that it would be hazardous to common sense.)

Edited by ZDozer

What do you all think his excuse will be if and when this thing is cancelled (a big possibility) or flops when it's released (a smaller but still big possibility)? If he says that it was based on lack of support for his work, we'll all tell him that we didn't support it because it wasn't good. So then what will he say? That we accidentally forgot to buy the comic? Will he base it on "oh, it was just released at the same time as something else that was more popular so people's attention was diverted" (this is a perfectly good excuse for the poor sales of something good, (or at the very least looks good on the surface) like Lost World vs. GTAV and X&Y but this isn't and doesn't)? It's not exactly hard to see planning and foresight aren't his strong suits, but he has to work much harder on his response to the inevitable doom this series will suffer than the series itself. What are y'all expecting?

• Thumbs Up 1

What do you all think his excuse will be if and when this thing is cancelled (a big possibility) or flops when it's released (a smaller but still big possibility)? If he says that it was based on lack of support for his work, we'll all tell him that we didn't support it because it wasn't good. So then what will he say? That we accidentally forgot to buy the comic? Will he base it on "oh, it was just released at the same time as something else that was more popular so people's attention was diverted" (this is a perfectly good excuse for the poor sales of something good, (or at the very least looks good on the surface) like Lost World vs. GTAV and X&Y but this isn't and doesn't)? It's not exactly hard to see planning and foresight aren't his strong suits, but he has to work much harder on his response to the inevitable doom this series will suffer than the series itself. What are y'all expecting?

The exact same thing that happened when Lost Ones bombed hard; outright denial, and talk of how he's so totally adapting it into a movie really it's true.

• Thumbs Up 2

What Disonoid said. To this day he refers to The Lost Ones either as a 'hit series' or a 'cult classic' despite the fact that it never got past it's first issue, insisting that it's been optioned for a movie adaptation that will inevitably be in theatres. This despite the fact that the comic only had one issue, and could be described charitibly as a very boring ripoff of X-men. To say nothing of the myriad excuses he's come up with for why the Knuckles comic was cancelled. 

The thing you need to understand about the guy is that he lives in a world where nothing is ever his faut. Nothing that goes wrong for him or his projects or his work is the end result of any decisions he's ever made, oh no. Knuckles Comic gets cancelled? Walmart no longer selling comics is the reason (Sonic Universe lasting longer without any kind of Wal-Mart sales is just some insane fluke). Lost Ones doesn't go anywhere? Well, that was just bad timing on his part! Stories overdosed with science fiction references? The artists did all that and he had NO ability whatsoever to suggest they do otherwise! People angry at him about something he said or did? They're taking it out of context! They don't have all the facts! On and on and on it goes. It's a blessed reality Ken lives in, where he can so easily accept zero responsibility for anything he does.

So yeah. If and when this fails? He'll just make up any threadbare, half-assed excuse that he's comfortable with, blame his critics for scaring off his customers, and go right back to that comfortable bubble of delusion that has protected him so diligently throughout his professional career and after. Anything after that is beyond my capacity to know, as I'm not exactly privy to how he conducts himself in private. Hopefully he'll do something sensible and just leave the internet and try and get on with his life, but seeing as how he hasn't been able to embrace THAT bit of wisdom, it's a hope I don't really hold on to. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Lost Ones doesn't go anywhere? Well, that was just bad timing on Image's part!

Fixed that for you. ;)

Edited by KingScoopaKoopa
  • Thumbs Up 1

So yeah. If and when this fails? He'll just make up any threadbare, half-assed excuse that he's comfortable with, blame his critics for scaring off his customers, and go right back to that comfortable bubble of delusion that has protected him so diligently throughout his professional career and after. Anything after that is beyond my capacity to know, as I'm not exactly privy to how he conducts himself in private. Hopefully he'll do something sensible and just leave the internet and try and get on with his life, but seeing as how he hasn't been able to embrace THAT bit of wisdom, it's a hope I don't really hold on to. 

Oh, but you forget how it'll be those nasty Sonic fans faults to why it fails because they were so angry at characters being removed that they just somehow magically convinced the world that The Lara-Su Chronicles will be bad. Not like anyone can actually look at the product itself and determine the quality (which is going to be shit) for themselves, oh no, it's all those darn Sonic fans.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh no, it's not my fault that all those characters were removed, it was Archie because I told them they could use them. All they had to do was submit to my will and write the comic exactly how I wanted, and they could use them. Blame them!

This guy is like a cartoon character XD

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh no, it's not my fault that all those characters were removed, it was Archie because I told them they could use them. All they had to do was submit to my will and write the comic exactly how I wanted, and they could use them. Blame them!

Pft, he doesn't even bring up the fact that his demands were literally unsustainable. He always talks exactly like the ball was in Archie's court but they just refused because they're meanies, neverminding that what he asked went against their contract with Archie and would be unworkable in all aspects. 

• Thumbs Up 1

More specifically, this reminds me of Daffy Duck XD

He's like Daffy Duck in loonatics unleashed.

Actually, that's what the whole TL-SC thing feels like. A badly-reimagined version of something great that tries to take itself seriously and fails. Hard.