Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

He even gave "proofs of authenticity" for each medallion. And IIRC, a little of his own hair, which is creepy.

tails_wut.jpg

Edited by KingScoopaKoopa
  • Thumbs Up 4

Well, for one Christian (Or Christine) Weston Chandler, our True and Honest warrior of love, was buying, tearing apart, piecing together, and adding Crayola F***** Model Magic to Amiibos to sell them afterwards. He uses Sonic and Pikachu Amiibos for creating Sonichu ones.

That and other things like his Sonichu Medallions, which has sold more than I would ever guess. And some drawings too. 

He even gave "proofs of authenticity" for each medallion. And IIRC, a little of his own hair, which is creepy.

...So in a sense, Colossal Chan is making a bigger profit, and it's making a better business out of Sonichu than Penders from Lara-Su.

...Yeah.

The guy that sung "So Need a Cute Girl" among MANY other things 1 - Ken Penders 0

It's quite sad when a man like Chris Chan (I don't know what else to say about him, so I'll say it now: I think on him as mentally ill, especially after he punched a Gamestop guy over Boom!Sonic's arms) makes more profit on something that potentially violates TWO copyrights at once than Penders gets to make money with everything he took away from us.

• Thumbs Up 1

Indeed. Before this turns into a 'Which Asswipe Is Penders Most Like' thread, I'll just say it's hard to really compare him to anyone due to him being a very odd perfect combination of negative traits while lacking any of the successes even more prominent jerks have achieved; even his past work on Sonic is more due to dumb luck than anything genuine on his behalf, unlike the various other fallen stars of comics.

Anyway, getting back on track, going back to that tweet of his... I'm betting either he's gonna reveal some art of a villain or, in the rare event he does an actual page, we might see some slimey politician or whatever. 

• Thumbs Up 1

especially after he punched a Gamestop guy over Boom!Sonic's arms

I still can't believe a man could go to prison because Sonic's arms.

Anyway, getting back on track, going back to that tweet of his... I'm betting either he's gonna reveal some art of a villain or, in the rare event he does an actual page, we might see some slimey politician or whatever. 

He is writing a lot of tweets with political and religious things lately. Maybe that will end up somehow in Lara-Su Chronicles. There's still time to see "Rick-Chard Echyd'nyxon" ruining Paradise or something like that. But I don't know how a politician would fit with what we know. Except shoehorned, of course.

I would love to see another page, but that will take us several months at the very least, which is no fun.

EDIT: And sorry for the prior message if it feels unnecessary. It's just that when you mentioned CWC it popped in my mind. Although I could have spared everybody the hair part.

Edited by Maeson
  • Thumbs Up 2

I still can't believe a man could go to prison because Sonic's arms.

He is writing a lot of tweets with political and religious things lately. Maybe that will end up somehow in Lara-Su Chronicles. There's still time to see "Rick-Chard Echyd'nyxon" ruining Paradise or something like that. But I don't know how a politician would fit with what we know. Except shoehorned, of course.

I would love to see another page, but that will take us several months at the very least, which is no fun.

EDIT: And sorry for the prior message if it feels unnecessary. It's just that when you mentioned CWC it popped in my mind. Although I could have spared everybody the hair part.

Na, the trouble in paradise is that a new echidna called Eean Fl'in comes in and just tries to change everything in the perfect Ech'ydna city.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nah, no worries.

Na, the trouble in paradise is that a new echidna called Eean Fl'in comes in and just tries to change everything in the perfect Ech'ydna city.

PFfft. Yep. Eeexactly. Curse that Fl'in. How dare he.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe the story will be FI'in will come in and tell the brotherhood to stop throwing people off the island.

or maybe he'll come in and make it so some of these characters have personality. THE HORROR

• Thumbs Up 1

The plot thickens!

Penders said that things are about to get explosive. Knowing him a little it probably will be literal, so I expet Ken going Michael Bay on Flo'atyng Is-Land, maybe for dramatic effect or to move the story forward.

• Thumbs Up 1

So... I have a question: Does anyone actually know who the antagonist is going to be in this? Like at all?

I remember Pen saying that the reason that Lien-Diva's Model 1.0 was so creepy was because she was a villain, but even that changed slightly after he actually decided to listen to Dawn Best's feedback. But the question is WHY would Lien-Diva be the antagonist, because if this is a sequel to Pen's 25 Years Later book, where she was more or less retired with a kid, then why would she be stirring up sh*t unless she wanted her kid to become the Not-Guardian for whatever stupid reason?

Then there's the speculation that Xero-Echyd'nya-Mr. T dude could be it, but for all we know, he could be Lara-Su's son from the future or whatever.

Has Pen released even a teaser synopsis for book 1 at all?

• Thumbs Up 1

B.A. Baraknux, the future son of Lara-Su? It's Trunks all over again! I hope Lara-Su doesn't try to flirt with -Remembers that time when sexual themes in Lara-Su was a thinghim...

Could that Auri-On guy (or girl) be the Big Bad? He/She was so mysterious and oh my god, it could be a Who... Or even a What! Uhhh.. Mystery! *Waggles fingers*... Or at least that's what Penders said.

Wasn't Dimitri also planned?

Constipation.thumb.PNG.32d5eaee079bde4ab

With that face could be a baddy in this story too. Or very constipated. But very evilly constipated! Who knows, maybe he saw the artworks for Lien-Da and wants to destroy everything. Anything, really.

If you ask me I still think that Mr. Penders is the villain of the comic. Like a reverse Comix Zone!

EDIT: By the way, I always wanted to ask. For penders, the dreadlocks of the echidnas are like tentacles or something? Because he likes to put techno-thingies on them, and while i'm not the most intelligent person, attaching technology to your hair doesn't work that way...

Edited by Maeson
Adding a question
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well I can gauruntee you it won't be Auri-On.... Penders confirmed that the character is basically a reverse-gender STand-In for Athair, since he couldn't get permission from Gallagher to use the guy. 

He's thus far been consistent on the fact that Lien-Da will be an antagonist, as well Dimitri, but hasn't given any hint about WHY this would be the case when their characterization in 25YL made it thoroughly clear that they'd put all that behind them. He's alos mentioned all of one times somebody called 'Override' being an antagonist, but we have no clue about him either. 

Further, he has mentioned that Robo-Robotnik has 'offspring', which I took as a hint that his pathetic excuse for a villain from The Lost Ones and his intended Final Villain for 25YL, Dr. Droid, might be showing up as well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh god. Now I have the feeling that The Lara-Su Chronicles is going to be a new Sonic Super Special 7. 

Only the art, coloring, inking and design work will somehow be even *worse*.

• Thumbs Up 2

Judging by the fucking enormity of the ratio of speech bubbles to actual artwork, I see it going the way of special #15 too.

Edited by Shaddy
made it not caveman-speak "RATIO SPEECH BUBBLE!"
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know, re-reading this little line of villain speculation going on, it makes me wonder why, if this is all canon to 25YL, are Lien-Da and Dimitri being portrayed as bad guys again, when they were not only reformed but reformed to the point where they have casual contact with their former enemies and operate as family members?? What's the justifiication for the 180?

Course, I never understood how the hell Lien-Da and Julie-Su could reconcile at any level given the stuff Lien did to Julie... at the very best I'd expect them to simply agree to not murder one another, and live as far, far away from eachother as possible. 

Why am I asking. The answer is clear. "Penders Commands It". 

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't think we even know what the plot is.  We know what is presumably a very early event, which as I recall it is Lara-Su staking her sacred guardianship in a dumb wager, but we don't even have any general picture beyond that, not even anything as simple as "A young woman must fight for her beliefs and her people against a mysterious enemy, etc."

• Thumbs Up 2

We know she has to save the day without a boyfriend!

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seriously Ken, a strong heroine doesn't need a boyfriend you fucking moron.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, but saving the world without a boyfriend is just the absolute most dreadful thing ever!

*facepalms at what I just said*

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh... Plot? What plot? All we saw up until now was Penders, uh... I wanted to use a word, but I think it is too strong to describe his vangloriations on taking the Archie universe from us. It involves a hand.

You know, re-reading this little line of villain speculation going on, it makes me wonder why, if this is all canon to 25YL, are Lien-Da and Dimitri being portrayed as bad guys again, when they were not only reformed but reformed to the point where they have casual contact with their former enemies and operate as family members?? What's the justifiication for the 180?

Course, I never understood how the hell Lien-Da and Julie-Su could reconcile at any level given the stuff Lien did to Julie... at the very best I'd expect them to simply agree to not murder one another, and live as far, far away from eachother as possible. 

Why am I asking. The answer is clear. "Penders Commands It". 

I suppose he could make out that the timeline changed a few things, but even so, trying to make your fanfi- I mean, er, graphic novel actually connect to your official Sonic work is fitting a circular peg in a square hole.  And even if he does manage to squeeze it in it won't look very pretty or correct. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I suppose he could make out that the timeline changed a few things, but even so, trying to make your fanfi- I mean, er, graphic novel actually connect to your official Sonic work is fitting a circular peg in a square hole.  And even if he does manage to squeeze it in it won't look very pretty or correct. 

But I believe that he's said the only things he's "changed" is that he can't use any of the SEGA owned (game or otherwise) characters, but his mythology was unchanged. Which I actually believe, since doing more than the bare minimum would be atypical of him.

He'll probably handwave Lien-Diva going villain again by making her want to "save the species" or whatever.

What I want to know the most right now is: 1) What is the point in making Michael Taylor a human if he's not an Overlander or Earth human* and 2) is Dimitri even still in the story since, I believe, he hasn't been mentioned at all since wave 1 of Pen's redesigns before they were "changed" again to be 'less' SEGA style.

*I swear, If he goes with the "Taylor's descended from humans who left Earth to colonize millions of years ago" backstory, I will scream, since that would be a straight ripoff of Ben Hurst's backstory for Robotnik & Snively in SatAM.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe Mykhal Taelor is there just to make people insert themselves. I mean, who doesn't want to be Eddie Murphy surrounded by alien furries?

After all, we see in things like american cinema how the movies are made so the american public can insert themselves easily, for example by making protagonists from other countries have "murican accent". Or being a family man, even when the family is just there to do NOTHING and doesn't have any character.

Maybe he wants that readers can get into it by using Mykhal Taelor, as he is the "normal" one. It's stupid, but hey, not the stupidest thing i would have seen.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it's his own self-insertion on the universe "he created" either...

• Thumbs Up 2

But I believe that he's said the only things he's "changed" is that he can't use any of the SEGA owned (game or otherwise) characters, but his mythology was unchanged. Which I actually believe, since doing more than the bare minimum would be atypical of him.

He'll probably handwave Lien-Diva going villain again by making her want to "save the species" or whatever.

What I want to know the most right now is: 1) What is the point in making Michael Taylor a human if he's not an Overlander or Earth human* and 2) is Dimitri even still in the story since, I believe, he hasn't been mentioned at all since wave 1 of Pen's redesigns before they were "changed" again to be 'less' SEGA style.

*I swear, If he goes with the "Taylor's descended from humans who left Earth to colonize millions of years ago" backstory, I will scream, since that would be a straight ripoff of Ben Hurst's backstory for Robotnik & Snively in SatAM.

Well then he'll have an even harder time trying to fit that peg in then if he's too stubborn/lazy/both to change things such as the strong connection to Sonic.  How's he going to actually explain how all the characters he didn't create disappear without any mention? 

Don't know how he'll make Taylor part of the story.  It may have been better to make him another animal of some sort.  Him being an Anthony Mackie rip off just seems out of place and weird even in his universe of similarly weird looking animals.  As for Dimitri, I think he'll be used, he's just not a character Ken seems very hung up on at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did rip off Hurst's idea and screw him over.  I mean it's not like he's never done that before.  It would just be particularly low since Ben's no longer with us, so he can't tell Ken he's stealing his idea.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well then he'll have an even harder time trying to fit that peg in then if he's too stubborn/lazy/both to change things such as the strong connection to Sonic.  How's he going to actually explain how all the characters he didn't create disappear without any mention? 

Expies. As much as he can and still get away with it with the characters he's created/bought out.

So you have King Max (he created the name, so odds are he'd just look different), Queen Alicia, Elias and (for a hypothetical example) Callie Acorn. Who fought with the Freedom Front to save the world from the tyranny of Dr. Ian Droid and possibly Droid's nephew Snarky. Oglivie Maurice Hedgehog, son of Jules & Bernie, and nephew of Uncle Chris became King of the Kingdom of Acorn, who has a unsteady relationship with the Praetorian of the Floating Island, K'nox, father of Lara-Su.

• Thumbs Up 9