Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Odd, I thought the court ruling was co-ownership, but Archie said "Screw this" and canned all the characters just so they would never have to deal with him again.

Either way, I doubt this thing is going to get far off the ground. Even if it did, I'm sure SEGA would give him a taste of his own medicine and find some grounds to sue him for royalties.

I really think the only way he was able to win recolors was because SEGA just didn't deem him worth the effort to really throw their weight against. I'm fairly certain they don't see his work really going anywhere, so lo and behold, they'll give him about as much legal attention as they do the average fanartist.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ken Penders is terribly deluded. Does he seriously think his stupid Echyd'na (???) comic is going to be popular after all the shit he did to Archie? I don't even think he has many fans left now! Also, I remember reading about his Holocaust poem rip off a while back and it's downright offensive to see such an amazing poem being mangled into something "Sonic", never mind the fact it's in a children's comic!

I'm looking forward to theLara-Su Chronicles because I want to see just how well it does and to gaze at its gorgeous artwork and terrific writing. HA.

I would like to state, for the record, that when I saw his Twitter post about the name...I did spit water onto my screen from laughter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's the latest script that Ken posted on his forum http://www.kenpenders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2645

Seriously did he really need these characters? The dialogue feels so weird know that they're aliens and all and this pretty much star ears/star treck incluence but c'mon this is just bad "speak of the darkside"? Really?

I guess this book better bring its A game and its B,C and D game as well

Here's the latest script that Ken posted on his forum http://www.kenpenders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2645

Seriously did he really need these characters? The dialogue feels so weird know that they're aliens and all and this pretty much star ears/star treck incluence but c'mon this is just bad "speak of the darkside"? Really?

I guess this book better bring its A game and its B,C and D game as well

I think you got the wrong link there? 'Cos all I'm seeing is the first script he posted in February...

Hey that's what i meant since it technically the latest and I don't think anybody ever posted it in the archir thread

Wait! Did Julie-Su became an abusive mother and Lara-Su is now a kid?!

Okay, let's see how many wrongs I can find in this.

1. Knuckles is dead

2. Julie-Su apparently beats her own daughter, domestic violence in Sonic?! WTF!

3. Lara-Su seems to be a child now

4. Praetorians?! That title was used in Chronicles

and 5. Apparenlty, nobody thinks Lara-Su is ready to be the guardian

Wow, this is really starting to sound like a ver crappy fanfic on Sonic. This is beyond Shadow dark, it's dark for all the wrong reasons!

Whatever remorse I had on Penders is now gone!

• Thumbs Up 2

2. Julie-Su apparently beats her own daughter, domestic violence in Sonic?! WTF!

"Beat" just means a pause in dialogue. Granted, it's a little awkward looking here, especially since Penders uses it way too freakin' much, but that's apparently the man's writing style. Lots of awkward pauses and unnatural sounding dialogue.

But yeah, this script just goes to show he didn't really need these characters and he's just desperate to cling to his glory days. Honestly, even if I was a fan and supporter of his, I'd be pissed off that this isn't really what he promised (a direct continuation of the Future Mobius stories--this is more like an awkward "expy" universe that has characters with the same names, but it's not really them).

Ohh, well my apologies for misintepretting that. But everything else still stands the unneccesary amounts of drama and the overall rather dark tone, you can call me out when it comes to this. This script alone confirms how terrible this book is going to be.

I could only read halfway through the "script" because it makes me cringe sooo much. This reads like a bad Sonic fanfic. Also, Praetorian? That was actually used in Sonic Chronicles, so Penders is crossing a line there if he ends up using it in the final comic!

• Thumbs Up 8

I could only read halfway through the "script" because it makes me cringe sooo much. This reads like a bad Sonic fanfic. Also, Praetorian? That was actually used in Sonic Chronicles, so Penders is stepping a line there if he ends up using it in the final comic!

But...but...Chronicles ripped him off! He had all those Echidnas first! And Tikal is also a rip-off! Clearly she was inspired by Julie-Su! They just got clever and removed the robotics! SEGA can't fool Penders though!

*pours alcohol down the drain*

Also, Praetorian? That was actually used in Sonic Chronicles, so Penders is stepping a line there if he ends up using it in the final comic!

Praetorian is actually the term used for a force of bodyguards in service to a Roman emperor.

Is it just me or do these characters speak in incredibly stiff and robotic ways?

Praetorian is actually the term used for a force of bodyguards in service to a Roman emperor.

Is it just me or do these characters speak in incredibly stiff and robotic ways?

Huh, I didn't know that actually. Though I think Gabz and Soni are referring to the fact that SEGA were the first to technically use the term in relation to Echidna-like characters (the ones Penders claimed were ripping him off), so it kinda sticks out. That said, it's not like either party owns the term anyway.

And, no, it's not just you. That's more or less his writing style. Though let's not even talk about if the man is trying to be funny; it gets even worse than just his lame Star Trek/Wars superhero wannabe furry drama.

The sad thing is Penders think he's going to give his characters the respect they deserve in this book.

Oh how wrong, he is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lara-Su_Sneak_Preview_2-3-2014_2.jpg

Penders, man do you need to lay off the beats. Two consecutive ones side-by-side are rather scuffling.

Oh cute, text chats. Some ominous "Assignment Day". "No choice", etc. It's gonna one be one of THOSE teenage lives we look into isn't it!? 

• Thumbs Up 1

I've heard about this whole Ken Penders issue going on around the fandom and I won't lie, I never read the Archie comics much, aside from the first few issues that were in Sonic Mega Collection. (Mainly because I don't live in the US)  But I can really see how just trying to cling on to your former work and making a buck out of it won't turn out well in any shape or form.

If he made some original characters on his own and write his own little story, it could have had some potential.

• Thumbs Up 2

Didn't his earlier script have Knux...I mean "The Praetorian" still alive. Or is that part of the "mystery and suspense"?

I know its not really a trademarkable thing I guess but using "Floating Island" as a name and also slipping Guardian in there with a caps to show its a name rather than a general word or description must be getting pretty close to breaking some of the lawsuit clauses Sega mandated against this fan work of his if he's gunna make money off it?

I see the second peak isn't any better than the first...I do actually want him to get round to doing at least the first book so he can see just how much people don't give a crap. Unless its free and download only from his site...then he will actually get hits purely cause its free which will make his audience look bigger than it actually will be when he starts charging and we will have to deal with his smug gloating and constant posting of the number of downloads and hits etc...

I may not be a professional writer nor ranking close to an amateur one, but after reading that script...

Why should I care about these characters again? There is no reason for me to. Nothing in the script makes me believe otherwise.

Also everyone talks like they are four years old or slightly twelve. Nobody takes responsibility, not even the elders. In fact when learning about the stupid game that Lara-Su bet against Knuckles recolor #12029 for the Praetorian position their response reeked of one giant wet fart of Whatever.

Why am I supposed to care again?

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't his earlier script have Knux...I mean "The Praetorian" still alive. Or is that part of the "mystery and suspense"?

Maybe it's harking back to the early "Jani-Ca" stories, where Julie-Su tells her daughter Knuckles died when he actually went off and became Enerjak.

To be frank, he really would have a much better opportunity with this script if it didn't have even a slight relation to the games. It might actually have had a chance were it not for this whole lawsuit over all this.

Really waiting to see the outcome of all this if it even gets off the ground.