Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

This is fantastic. Who did this? Also, where did the extra Lien-Da model come from?

A person on Tumblr named Fini-mun

Frankly, I don't feel any of you have the qualifications on judging whether something is "professional quality" or not. I know I don't, and I have a hell of a lot more experience in the art/publishing world than any of you. So if you want to express YOUR OPINION, that's fine. But stating it as a blanket statement...okay, I will start banning people for that unless you can prove to me you have the chops to support what you're saying.

Oh, yay, this gentleman is trying to play the "Let's See YOU Do Better!" card. Why do people like him always seem to resort to this cacamamie attempt at a defensive (yet almost always fallacious) argument?

• Thumbs Up 2

cacamamie

Are you trying to say "cockamamie", or is this the yiddish word for half baked? Granted cockamamie means ridiculous, so it's pretty much the same meaning, but...

Are you trying to say "cockamamie", or is this the yiddish word for half baked? Granted cockamamie means ridiculous, so it's pretty much the same meaning, but...

The former -- I guess my Brooklyn thinking made me mix up the words by mistake. My point wasn't muddled by this, though -- ridiculous, half-baked, either way, his argument is kinda borked.

https://twitter.com/FuhrerMustang/status/459909120343044097

Yep. Sad thing is (assuming this isn't Penders or a relative of his), this guy might actually believe it.

I think this was the same tool that came prancing around here a few months ago saying that Penders should sue SEGA for Mega Collection (presumably because of the "Sonic Firsts" issue included as an extra), and when everyone got in his face and told him why it wouldn't work out (based on the results of the Chronicles case, in which Penders didn't get anything), he continued to stick to his story and claim that Penders will have his day in court (supposedly because of the results of Gary Friedrich's legal battle, which is in a far different realm, personally). Naturally, that didn't happen and he never came around again. Just ignore him.

Ken has done more for Sonic and the Sonic series than anyone else except for Yuji Naka.

Um. Wow. I'm going to go back to ignoring this guy. It's just too damned funny, it's distracting.

Oh, yay, this gentleman is trying to play the "Let's See YOU Do Better!" card. Why do people like him always seem to resort to this cacamamie attempt at a defensive (yet almost always fallacious) argument?

Yup, that's BobR for you. Penders just says "well, sorry you don't like it, but there are people that do! I swear!"

I'm not sure anything will get through to this guy. 

Imagine, a con, a couple months from now...cardboard cut-outs of Lien-Da standing around his booth while he promotes the series...a parent and their child walk by. The child sees the cut-outs and bursts into hysterics.

Ken watches as the parent tries to calm the child. He thinks to himself, "Kids really have no sense of art these days. Disgusting."

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm not sure anything will get through to this guy. 

Imagine, a con, a couple months from now...cardboard cut-outs of Lien-Da standing around his booth while he promotes the series...a parent and their child walk by. The child sees the cut-outs and bursts into hysterics.

Ken watches as the parent tries to calm the child. He thinks to himself, "Kids really have no sense of art these days. Disgusting."

I don't have to imagine this. I already know it's going to happen since he's going to be unveiling this... thing at a convention near where I am this Summer. I'm tempted to go and talk to him, just to figure out what's going on in his head, but I have a feeling he'll just think I'm trying to piss him off (much as I don't like the man, I'd seriously just want to talk; he seems like an amiable guy, even if he's downright crazy).

I don't have to imagine this. I already know it's going to happen since he's going to be unveiling this... thing at a convention near where I am this Summer. I'm tempted to go and talk to him, just to figure out what's going on in his head, but I have a feeling he'll just think I'm trying to piss him off (much as I don't like the man, I'd seriously just want to talk; he seems like an amiable guy, even if he's downright crazy).

Crazy thing is, he's surprisingly likeable in person. 

Crazy thing is, he's surprisingly likeable in person. 

Yeah, I remember your interview and I was genuinely surprised. He seems approachable, even if I just personally don't agree with anything he's done in recent years. I'm sure he is a decent guy in a lot of ways, but this whole... thing just shows there's something not quite right under all that.

tumblr_n4lth7VX451r6r1iuo1_1280.png

tumblr_n4lth7VX451r6r1iuo2_1280.png

tumblr_n4m9qz1yDm1r6r1iuo1_1280.png

These are some good points

It took this guy HOW long to fix this up? Because it says a lot that a so called "professional" has work that a simple amateur could fix up. Now these are actually appealing.

...well, the bottom is still a bit odd, but it's not too uncanny.

tumblr_n4m9qz1yDm1r6r1iuo1_1280.png

I really love this, she actually looks like an alien rather than a deformed mobian.

• Thumbs Up 7

Oh, great! See, this is one of the reasons I don't go on DA anymore. When there's people like that who go "You don't get my work, it's my style bawww" you know they're ignorant of opinions, no matter what you say.

And after seeing that great Tumblr post, what she said was exactly my problem with the picture; they don't look like aliens! They still look like SEGA echidnas, but really ugly. And the fact they look way too tall and body proportions are all effed up reminds me of some of the issues in Archie comics when Penders himself was the artist. All those years and his art style never changed!

FNpBCYx.jpg

Like this one! Ugh.

Penders speaks about the art.

I need to go lie down. I'm laughing myself sick.

Anyone else notice the dig he has at Tracy Yardlley's! art here? Says something like it's not expressive. Tracy's art smashes Ken's through dimensions by comparison.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone else notice the dig he has at Tracy Yardlley's! art here? Says something like it's not expressive. Tracy's art smashes Ken's through dimensions by comparison.

Oh god that is hilarious, Tracys art is far superior than Kens and will always be superior, man Kens ego is so fucking large he has gone beyond delusional.

Thanks for the good laugh Ken, you keep spilling the crazy bullshit and I as well as others shall continue to laugh and pity you.

Okay, so first the guy destroys 20 years of history just to use his characters, then he completely scraps the history, background and race of the characters (which make the whole court case seem like a waste of time and money), creates horrible 3D models and now the cheeky bastard shits on Tracey Yardley's art?!

This is the last straw. No. This guy can't be serious. He just can't. This must be either a massive troll or Ken has some sort of mental illness. How dare he insults one of the best artists in the history of Archie Sonic. He does not have the right to say that Tracey's, nay, any other current artist on the comic has worse art than him. Everyone working on the comic now has billions times better artwork than him. Just who does he think he is going around saying stuff like this? Never in my life have I seen such ignorance and stupidity.

• Thumbs Up 8

...nothing's happening for me :U

I'm guessing they made it so that after a while a close-up of her face pops up to scare you shitless.

He means this:

http://rchan.sonicretro.org/_junk/lienDargh.html

I love Sonic Retro.

Oh...my...God...there's two things that bother me most with this 3D model of Lien Da; the mouth and the fact that she is way too fucking tall.

ALSO, she still looks like a damn SEGA styled echidna, albeit a very ugly one. Why didn't he ask Rafa to do the 3D models anyway? She knows her shit unlike the guy who made these models (no offense!). I just...gaahhhh!

A. Hes got too much ego to ask anyone outside of his own minons for help.

B. RafaKnight is currently under contract by Archie, probably an instant firing if you even said Hi to Penders.

C. And I'm sure Rafaknight wouldn't sell her soul to the devil.

Okay, this is morbidly funny. https://twitter.com/Bendilin/status/459708721325551618/photo/1

And FuhrerMustang is still acting like a fanatical kiss ass. No surprise there. https://twitter.com/FuhrerMustang

Oh god, thats both funny and sad at the same time. and your still paying attention to that troll? amazed you guys havent reported him for spam yet.

• Thumbs Up 3