Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Sounds like he's claiming theft and infringement if his tweets are anything to go by. He had a rant to the account that brought it to his attention. Sounds like that small comic company is in for a taste of what Penders is all about, says he is still waiting on a response to his email to them.

On 5/16/2016 at 3:00 PM, Tenko said:

Sounds like he's claiming theft and infringement if his tweets are anything to go by. He had a rant to the account that brought it to his attention. Sounds like that small comic company is in for a taste of what Penders is all about, says he is still waiting on a response to his email to them.

UPDATE: They paid him. Good on them. That's more than Archie does.

• Thumbs Up 7

2 hours ago, Jason the Jackass said:

UPDATE: They paid him. Good on them. That's more than Archie does.

Yeah.  While I may not be fond of Ken as a person, when he's entitled to royalties, he should get them.  The fact that the publishers quickly agreed there and didn't cause a fuss or anything shows that they're pretty cool guys.  Well done, guys.

• Thumbs Up 7

It was an awesome thing for the publishers to just pay him, and get him off of their backs.

Although now, I'm just awaiting the backhanded comment towards Archie.

• Thumbs Up 4

18 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It was an awesome thing for the publishers to just pay him, and get him off of their backs.

Although now, I'm just awaiting the backhanded comment towards Archie.

I'm actually surprised he didn't make any pot shots with that tweet thanking the publisher (e.g. finishing with "Unlike some people")

• Thumbs Up 6

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 7:57 PM, Adamis said:

Some news :

I've just finished translating 5 new pages (4 - 8) of "The Storm". Not completed pages, they're basically layouts with some sketches.

First of all, for all the questionnable stuff he did/does, he paid me in advance and that's a point I appreciate.

Then, what can I say ? The Storm might be 10 or 12 pages as he told me.

I can tell you we see who the emissary is, and yes, he's who you think it is, and he recieved a similar treatment Knuckles did.

There's also a story behind some changes, especially one that happened on page 2.

Why do I feel that the reason for the changes is the Genesis Wave but it won't actually be called that?

• Thumbs Up 1

Guess it's time for S'oni'c's introduction going by what Adamis said.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

He'll probably just be called King of the Acorn Kingdom or some similar mouthful.

6 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

He'll probably just be called King of the Acorn Kingdom or some similar mouthful.

Yes, the king of the acorn kingdom. Husband to S'a'lly Acorn

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It's not Sonic.

25 minutes ago, Adamis said:

It's not Sonic.

M'ax/El'ia's Acorn?

• Thumbs Up 2

I would have thought a villain to balance out the heroes we've all seen so far, like Dimitri. XP

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

M'ax/El'ia's Acorn?

None of them(and Elias is still "Elias" :p)

1 minute ago, Adamis said:

None of them(and Elias is still "Elias" :p)

I know, but his naming convention is so stupid that I am just gonna use it at every occasion.

Is that alright Ad'am'is?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I know, but his naming convention is so stupid that I am just gonna use it at every occasion.

Is that alright Ad'am'is?

Hahaha :D

Well, let's say that the character the emissary is based on is still active in Archie today.

• Thumbs Up 1

S'al'ly 

Ro't'or

An'tio'ne

Bu'nn'i'e R'abb'ot

Ta'i'ls 

Ori'gi'na'l the Ch'ar'act'er

• Thumbs Up 4

OMG, what if its a walrus called Boomer, which will be safe from any copyright from SEGA because its no longer his nickname?

Yep, it's a walrus (well, remember : I've only seen sketches) in a hood, very similar to Rotor's in M25YL.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Adamis said:

Correct... well one of them.

I'm calling Rotor. Makes the most sense, considering Ken's shipping plans for Rotor before he got booted off the comic.

6 minutes ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

OMG, what if its a walrus called Boomer, which will be safe from any copyright from SEGA because its no longer his nickname?

Boomer is still considered the nickname of Rotor in the Archie Canon. In the new canon, Boomer is still a canonical nickname of Rotor, so he wouldn't get away with using the nickname. If he tried it, they could very well use the Scourge excuse on him that he constantly attempts to use on Archie (In that, if Penders were to try and claim that Boomer may have been used by Rotor at one point, but he took him and changed him, therefore making him his, Archie could very easily then say "However, his history in Sonic the Hedgehog 1990 still used him as Boomer, and we later adopted the name Rotor. This name is apart of his history, and they are therefore the same character".)

By the way, in case anyone thinks Adamis' word isn't enough, Ken already strongly implied over Twitter just last week that it's Rotor.

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh yes, Cobar has been mentioned.

Also, has there been a "Doctor Zephyr/Zephur" in his Archie stories ? (I ask that because on one page it's "Zephyr" but on others it's "Zephur"...)

• Thumbs Up 4

Not that I can think of.  A quick search doesn't come up with anything either.  I assumed it might be his name for Eggman for a second, but then I remembered he already called him Kintobor.  Unless it's an alias for someone (Uncle Chuck, maybe?), it seems like it's a new character.