Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

I too would vote for it being a new character. So far the only character he's made any effort in replacing was Athair with 'Auri-On', and we've already seen his pathetic lack of effort when it came to Sonic, Sally, Robotnik and Rotor. But, we shall see.... sometime in the fall, most likely.

Christ, this dumpster fire is still a thing? I guess it's true what they say, self-delusion really is the opiate of stupid people.

32 minutes ago, Rude-A-Tude said:

Christ, this dumpster fire is still a thing?

Technically, but it's easy to forget since we haven't had any actual news about it, not even merchandise, in months. I think the last "news" we really had to talk about was his Geoffrey St. John profile, which I think was back in March.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess Adamis' posts technically count as news, even if it's not from Ken?  At least we know some progress is being made.

• Thumbs Up 5

On ‎22‎-‎05‎-‎2016 at 9:19 PM, Adamis said:

Oh yes, Cobar has been mentioned.

Also, has there been a "Doctor Zephyr/Zephur" in his Archie stories ? (I ask that because on one page it's "Zephyr" but on others it's "Zephur"...)

On ‎22‎-‎05‎-‎2016 at 9:23 PM, Tylinos said:

Not that I can think of.  A quick search doesn't come up with anything either.  I assumed it might be his name for Eggman for a second, but then I remembered he already called him Kintobor.  Unless it's an alias for someone (Uncle Chuck, maybe?), it seems like it's a new character.

Eh, could be a new version of his failed comic boom villain Doctor Droid.

tumblr_inline_n163izfnNc1re1bwb.jpg

Or it could be Dr Ivan Kintobor.

tumblr_inline_n1642ff8CY1re1bwb.jpg

Or its just a failed fusion of them.

I don't know. Based on the, er, basic sketch it might be an echidna.

16 hours ago, Tylinos said:

I guess Adamis' posts technically count as news, even if it's not from Ken?  At least we know some progress is being made.

Unofficial news yes, as I'm technically not supposed to say anything (hence why I'm sometimes cryptic about some of the stuff and I've not shown any of the material I have) but I'm sure I can count on your discretion ;)

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow, the new Megaman cartoon image is getting a lot of flack. Its strange, because it even sort of looks as if it was designed by a 80s sci-fi fan like Penders.

mega-man-reveal.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

What with the colouring and plain-ish expression.

7 minutes ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

Wow, the new Megaman cartoon image is getting a lot of flack. Its strange, because it even sort of looks as if it was designed by a 80s sci-fi fan like Penders.

mega-man-reveal.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

What with the colouring and plain-ish expression.

When I first looked at it, it immediately reminded me of Penders because of the drawing style (coloring?) and the creepy eyes. 

Actually, if someone pasted him into that one Lara-Su Chronicle cover I am sure he would blend right in.

Btw, are we allowed to post stuff like this here as long as it somehow connect to Penders? I'm a little confused...

Nah, I think this topic is just about Ken Penders and his TLSC thing. I just thought I'd bring this up what with the art style and similar outcry of how different and odd the art looks. Especially with the plain white background...

23 hours ago, Adamis said:

Could be Dr Finitivius then, I seem to recall him being Pender's "creation"

He's not.  Karl Bollers created him, while Jon Gray designed him.  I don't even think Penders ever even wrote for Finitevus.

On 5/25/2016 at 2:12 PM, Adamis said:

Unofficial news yes, as I'm technically not supposed to say anything (hence why I'm sometimes cryptic about some of the stuff and I've not shown any of the material I have) but I'm sure I can count on your discretion ;)

In that case, it might be best that you not reveal even these small details to us. Not that your doing so isn't appreciated, far from it, but since you're getting money for the work you're doing on LSC, I'd rather not see a source of income potentially jeopardized. I don't think any of the long term posters here are going to go talking to Penders about any of this, but there's always the chance of some lone dipshit blabbing. 

40 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

He's not.  Karl Bollers created him, while Jon Gray designed him.  I don't even think Penders ever even wrote for Finitevus.

Correct-a-mundo. Penders has not written a single story involving Finitevus, and Fini has nothing, repeat, nothing to do with Penders. 

As for that Megaman, eeesh. Definitely not the design I'd approve of. 

• Thumbs Up 7

One thing I've always wondered and it kind of surprises me it wasn't used to counter Ken's original case. 

While Knuckles was something of a Blank Slate in his early years. What's quite interesting is that both Archie and Fleetway took him in a similar direction, even though I'm fairly sure the Fleetway team never really saw much from Archie. Mind they actually stuck to their guns with the whole "lonely Guardian" thing instead of introducing the whole family. 

StC Knuckles basically goes about finding old tech, things his ancestors left behind ect, and then you have Zachary who shows up later on.

I mean they probably still would of lost out on the extended Echidna family anyway, but at least SEGA could of been like "this idea isn't *that* original, sorry" 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, SonicEkkusu said:

Hahaha! The LSC has a wiki, and it's ment as an insult.

http://the-larasu-chronicles.wikia.com/wiki/THE_LARA-SU_CHRONICLES_Wiki

We are already well aware of the wiki's existence. 

7 hours ago, jennytablina said:

One thing I've always wondered and it kind of surprises me it wasn't used to counter Ken's original case. 

While Knuckles was something of a Blank Slate in his early years. What's quite interesting is that both Archie and Fleetway took him in a similar direction, even though I'm fairly sure the Fleetway team never really saw much from Archie. Mind they actually stuck to their guns with the whole "lonely Guardian" thing instead of introducing the whole family. 

StC Knuckles basically goes about finding old tech, things his ancestors left behind ect, and then you have Zachary who shows up later on.

I mean they probably still would of lost out on the extended Echidna family anyway, but at least SEGA could of been like "this idea isn't *that* original, sorry" 

That's kind of the thing; SEGA explicitly did not want to get involved and told Archie to settle it for them, and as for the Archie side of things, they messed things up reaaaallly badly. 

Funny thing is, this very subject was brought up to Penders on his twitter. It was an exercize in futility, as Penders is hellbent on the idea that his concepts are entirely and utterly uniquely *him*, whether or not they were utilized before him in other parts of the Franchise. Which is rather funny, given that many of his 'uniquely him' ideas tend to be highly derivative of pre-existing franchises to begin with; the origin of Echidnapolis reads like 'What If The Kryptonians Listened to Jor-El', the conflict over technology and the secretive nature of the Brotherhood along with Knuckles schtick as being a super genetic messiah baby are cribbed from Dune, and his villain Hunter looks like Kraven the Hunter's fashion challenged older brother. 

• Thumbs Up 5

8 minutes ago, horridus said:

Penders is hellbent on the idea that his concepts are entirely and utterly uniquely *him*, whether or not they were utilized before him in other parts of the Franchise. 

Yeah, I really want to stress that as much as this may sound like hyperbole to some people, it's not.  Ken actually does think this way.  I know I've brought this up before, but the thing that immediately comes to mind for me here is the time where he claimed that he invented alternate timelines in Sonic, despite Sonic CD predating any of his work on the book.  There's also how he claimed to be the first to make a not-Knuckles Echidna in official media, despite that French comic with Princess Alucion being from 1994.

And, of course, whenever any of this is used to counter him, he says that it doesn't matter because he didn't know about them, as if that still somehow means he did it first.

• Thumbs Up 8

Matters to him or not, the fact of the matter is that it happened before he got involved. I don't know how he could be so desperate to be a special little snowflake that he has to outright ignore instances of things being done before him.

Then again, why does he need to be a special little snowflake on anything?

• Thumbs Up 6

Not LSC related news or anything, but evidently Penders is going to be a part of Sonic Revolution.

While it's their choice and all, given Penders deeply dismissive attitude towards the Franchise beyond his contributions to it and going out of his way to alienate many in the fandom, I'm not entirely certain this was a wise idea. Here's hoping it goes off without incident, though.

• Thumbs Up 6

Ah, apologies for the Double Post, but we have something semi LSC related here. 

Amidst Penders pretending that he isn't in fact widely loathed by the fandom, he's revealed a little tidbit regarding that ever elusive "Prototype App" of his that wowed people at ComicCon some years ago.

Evidently that's coming back. Again, nothing much, but it's still LSC related. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/4/2016 at 10:49 AM, horridus said:

Not LSC related news or anything, but evidently Penders is going to be a part of Sonic Revolution.

While it's their choice and all, given Penders deeply dismissive attitude towards the Franchise beyond his contributions to it and going out of his way to alienate many in the fandom, I'm not entirely certain this was a wise idea. Here's hoping it goes off without incident, though.

Maybe someone will be able to give him the reality check he deserves? I'm not saying we all need to go yell at him in person or anything, just that somebody probably will.

Frankly I'd settle for him just being completely ignored. Given that people have very strong, very (justifiably) negative opinions about the man and that crowds tend to feed off each other, I sincerely hope that this doesn't cause a spectacle. I'm fairly certain it won't, but the worry is still there. Much as I would like to see how he responds to actually being put on the spot, I really think it'd be best for people to just forget him and enjoy everything else that the convention has to offer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, horridus said:

I really think it'd be best for people to just forget him and enjoy everything else that the convention has to offer. 

It would be the ultimate form of humiliation for him. And ironic: the man who tries so hard to be noticed and considered relevant is ignored by everyone....that is irony right?

• Thumbs Up 1

If I had to go by what I've heard of his other public appearances, he doesn't really make as much of an impact as he likes to lead on (e.g. saying that the response to his app being positive and basically refusing to show anything of it anywhere). I'm hopeful things go without incident.

Though if people attend his panel and ask him anything, hopefully people can keep themselves from getting in his face and at least have a decent discussion with him. I certainly don't like Pen, but if I met him at an event like this, I'd actually be curious to talk to him since, by all accounts, he's actually pretty decent at these sorts of things.

I just want to give people a slight warning about Ken. Yeah, we should not treat him bad. Yeah he is a bit of a git but we can not let that get to us. I just want to say though. Remember a while back? He was....taking weird pics of cosplayers. Post in spoilers in case it can be seen as inappropiate.

I know it was a bit ago but... creepy cosplay stalkers seem to never change. Please be careful. I hope he's changed, I really do. I want him to actually prove he has decency.

• Thumbs Up 7