Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

1 minute ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Why have they asked him about the current Sonic movie? He doesn't know anything about Sony.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

He wanted his movie to full on reboot Sonic in general, and for SEGA to use *his* version of Sonic, and use *his* world.

Oh fuck me. He's talking about *him* getting a movie off the ground, he's talking about how Sony isn't serious about using Sonic the fucking Hedgehog for a film. SONIC. ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR AND VIABLE GAME FRANCHISES, and he's talking about how him knowing a guy who got X-Men animated off of the ground meant he had "street cred" for getting a film off the ground, and they failed. He's claiming now Sony is licensing Sonic in order to bury it. 

And he brought up Ratchet's failure.

Basically, he's claiming a fucking theory about Sony taking out competition for the Ratchet movie.

Why do I get the feeling SEGA of Japan is going to use this as evidence to not work with the American side more, and just keep on living in their weird echo chamber? Thanks a lot Penders D:>.

• Thumbs Up 3

He is now going on about how the games failed to have an actual story, and he needs a movie/TV show/whatever for it to happen.

Go talk to Naughty Dog about the creation of The Last of Us and Uncharted 4.

He's now talking about breaking into comics.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, SenEDtor Missile said:

Why do I get the feeling SEGA of Japan is going to use this as evidence to not work with the American side more, and just keep on living in their weird echo chamber? Thanks a lot Penders D:>.

Boom didn't kill the franchise, I don't think Pen giving his opinions on how he thinks an industry he's not a part of works is going to harm SoJ's relationship with SoA.

Just now, Zaysho said:

Boom didn't kill the franchise, I don't think Pen giving his opinions on how he thinks an industry he's not a part of works is going to harm SoJ's relationship with SoA.

I don't think it will KILL the franchise, but it's not really giving the best image either.

And he's now saying that it only matters if people are willing to buy it. You've broken into comics only when you've monetized.

Oh fuck. He's gone into Sonic fan comics.

OH SHIT HE'S BRINGING UP COPYRIGHTS. FUCK.

He's also claiming fan comics are going because courts are going to be cracking down on copyrights.

• Thumbs Up 6

"You may have heard about a little thing that occurred with me with regards to Archie over copyrights"

Something tells me that it's a blessing in disguised that the video won't work for me. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Man, I now wish I had made a Penders Discussion Bingo card. Sounds like he's rehashing every last thing he's ever talked about on his twitter. What a farce. 

• Thumbs Up 7

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

And he's now saying that it only matters if people are willing to buy it. You've broken into comics only when you've monetized.

Oh fuck. He's gone into Sonic fan comics.

OH SHIT HE'S BRINGING UP COPYRIGHTS. FUCK.

He's also claiming fan comics are going because courts are going to be cracking down on copyrights.

Random guy: "do you think we should tell him that his work is technically a fancomic so if he's right, he gets screwed as well?"

Other random person: "Nah, just let him revel in his delusions for a little longer. This is good snark bait we're recording!"

• Thumbs Up 3

He's talking about his characters, and says it's fine for doing fan art/stories, and wants them to say that the characters are copyrighted for him. He's going on about how they're his characters and how he wants recognition for them. 

Now someone's asking how Penders would approach Sonic's backstory or something.

How long is this going to continue?

Just now, Mister X said:

Now someone's asking how Penders would approach Sonic's backstory or something.

How long is this going to continue?

Too long, friendo. Too long. 

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Penders is talking at the moment:

Someone should stop him!

• Thumbs Up 5

Wow. The timing, she is ironic. Still, glad to know the crowd was able to get through this without anybody throwing anything at him. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

He's talking about his characters, and says it's fine for doing fan art/stories, and wants them to say that the characters are copyrighted for him. He's going on about how they're his characters and how he wants recognition for them. 

To be fair, he's not asking for very much. Saying "credit me if you use my works" is a world of difference from "don't ever use my characters or I'll sue you."

In any case, I want to head something off because I have a feeling it'll happen despite me posting in here. I realize Pen gets us all a little riled up, let's try to keep our chill. I'm not looking for positivity. Just, you know, keep a level head is all I ask.

And now since it's over, I might scrub through it to see if there's anything new, but most of what I caught him saying didn't seem like news to me. I have a feeling I've ripped apart most of what he's said in the past xP

"I am now taking questions for my upcoming project, THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES!"

*crickets*

1 minute ago, Zaysho said:

To be fair, he's not asking for very much. Saying "credit me if you use my works" is a world of difference from "don't ever use my characters or I'll sue you."

In any case, I want to head something off because I have a feeling it'll happen despite me posting in here. I realize Pen gets us all a little riled up, let's try to keep our chill. I'm not looking for positivity. Just, you know, keep a level head is all I ask.

And now since it's over, I might scrub through it to see if there's anything new, but most of what I caught him saying didn't seem like news to me. I have a feeling I've ripped apart most of what he's said in the past xP

I didn't mean it in any particular way, I was just summarizing for those who was wondering.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I didn't mean it in any particular way, I was just summarizing for those who was wondering.

My bad, misread and thought this was in response to something else I said. I get what you mean.

I just wrote all that together because I know how discussions about him can get... especially because I was one of the chief offenders, especially whenever he was speaking. I just want to keep things going smoothly because of this thread's history. Like I said, I'm not looking for positivity.

Soo from the sounds of it, Penders didn't really have anything new to offer up. In summation, he just kinda wasted everybody's time talking the same points he talks on Twitter. I can't really say that I'm particularly surprised. I just feel bad that he wasted the time of that crowd and used this opportunity to basically blather away about his pet points rather than actually engaging in anything, but again, that really was too much to ever realistically expect. 

Well if nothing else, hopefully that'll make the crowd more receptive to whatever the ACTUAL people involved in the Sonic Franchise have to say. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys. I've been gone for a long time, haven't I?

Have I missed anything interesting? Because I'm just going to take a wild guess in the dark that nothing new in regard to LS-C has actually been published and that 3/3 phone cases remain unsold.

I caught up on the thing about him being at Revolution, missed seeing the discussion itself. Sounds like same old same old.

Anyone see the app?

Interesting how on his Twitter he is trying to tell people that Izuka seemed interested in his app. I do have to wonder what was said between them, from Izuka rather than Penders.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

He's now talking about breaking into comics.

Fitting way to phrase it, since his history with Archie reads like a crime novel or police report.

A shame nothing more came from this than "Ken Penders' Greatest Twits, Vol. 1."

At least we'll always have that picture. Someone saved it for posterity, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

Aaand in the aftermath of the convention, he has decided to once again bring up the Sonic Movie.

The man frequently takes potshots at SEGA and at Archie, and yet he holds hope that they will embrace him and him alone to direct the movie and, by his logic, the direction of the entire franchise. Amazing.

• Thumbs Up 6

Just now, horridus said:

Aaand in the aftermath of the convention, he has decided to once again bring up the Sonic Movie.

The man frequently takes potshots at SEGA and at Archie, and yet he holds hope that they will embrace him and him alone to direct the movie and, by his logic, the direction of the entire franchise. Amazing.

He's the man to make a Sonic movie?

• Thumbs Up 5