Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

14 hours ago, horridus said:

One would hope so. But Penders seems to have an uncanny ability to induce *baffling* stupidity in people, given the incomprehensible incompetence displayed by Archie during the lawsuit. 

Is that his stand ability?

It's like Survivor from Part 6. Just shoots tiny bits of electricity through the ground (or in this case the internet) and can instantly make anyone around him stupid and angry.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also to be fair in reference to Archie during the trial, no Archie had been fumbling with legal documents artist payment and rights for years. While I don't think Ken had a case, the fact that he got as far as he did means that he didn't induce incompetence, Archie had been incompetent the whole time. Which is known.

Spoiler

So actually kens stand is gold experience requiem. 

There's that empowering, feminist pleasing, not creepy on a making into a sex symbol Lara Su-kini again....

• Thumbs Up 6

11 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

There's that empowering, feminist pleasing, not creepy on a making into a sex symbol Lara Su-kini again....

But it's fine because "er cos play is worse"! 

• Thumbs Up 7

5 hours ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

But it's fine because "er cos play is worse"! 

And you can bet no one will stop him from proving it, too.

• Thumbs Up 3

On ‎24‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 2:35 PM, RobotnikHolmes said:

Why does Penders even cling to those old Knuckles comics and his Mobius 25-years Later stories? The Knuckles comics I can assume because they were good at the time, but nobody liked the future Mobius soap-opera even when it came out. They're both hideously out-dated both in writing and nonsensical sci-fi elements, and releasing them today would be like selling old dinosaur dung to the general public. XP

Maybe he thinks it's so retro already it'll be the latest hot in the time he actually makes progression in said "project" and he'd be the coolest guy on the block because of it... I can't think of any other reason...

And maybe he's planning publicing those in-digital versions for free and only trying to get money for the physical ones? I don't know but that could be one way, probably not something he would do but still.

Maybe the booth is meant to be embodiment of Halloween? (And if that's meant to be feminist, I'm starting to feel a bit sorry towards some of them... )

Btw at the moment of writing some tweet posts in the forums are glitching, everything's scrolling down itself  when they're around in the current page even when I'm not scrolling. Makes liking/quoting pretty frustrating...

• Thumbs Up 1

At this point it's obvious to me that The Lara-Su Chronicles isn't in development hell... The Lara-Su Chronicles IS development hell!

He's M. Night Shamalyizing us and we don't even know it.

• Thumbs Up 8

Aaand we have minor waxing of philosophic on the Lara-Su Chronicles, as well as some insight into the creative process. 

You know, that's all very nice and good that you're evidently going beyond your usual scope, really it is, but... it'd be nice if you could *show* us how this is so that maybe other people might be able to judge for themselves if you're actually accomplishing what you say you're accomplishing in your work. Kinda hard to get excited when you're not really demonstrating *why* this is a big deal. Also, dude... pick a plot and stick with it. Seriously, if you're 'figuring it out now' you're only serving to delay things all the more. 

Not really sure what to say about his process, cause let's face it, everyone does such things different- some people start with the beginning, some the end, and so on and so forth, even if this technique sounds... less than productive towards the end that Penders claims that it serves, from my perspective. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm starting to believe Ken is delaying the comic on purpose and never plans to release it. I don't know what he'd gain from that but I'm having a hard rationalizing his actions otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 5

Ken keeps bragging about how much "detail" he's adding to his stories...

why can't he just write a decent story, with none of that useless fluff he spreads throughout?

• Thumbs Up 5

I suppose this would fall under advertising. 

Remind me, how many adventures has Lara-Su really been in circa 25YL? We both know 30YL ain't happening anytime soon, and that whole 'Evil Future Knuckles' storyline that she was introduced to was pretty much nullifed by the existence of 25YL proper, soo I'm kinda drawing a blank about how many legit adventures she's been into before now. 

• Thumbs Up 9

^ That probably means just that he's right about it being her greatest adventure yet whatever he ends up throwing between those imaginary covers (since he's so much more into digital publishing than real printing anyway).

• Thumbs Up 3

When writing that tweet, he was probably thinking along the lines of "This is going to be the biggest story yet for my characters!", and didn't really realize what he was doing when he specifically called it Lara-Su's greatest adventure.  This is why you shouldn't use the "______'s greatest adventure yet!" cliche, kids.

Meanwhile:

I have to admit, while I'm not a fan of his art style in the slightest, this is rather nice of him.

• Thumbs Up 9

17 hours ago, Blazey Firekitty said:

I honestly wish Ken hadn't ever come back into the public eye. He would have been remembered as a guy who maybe wrote some questionable things, but didn't really do anything wrong but fight with Karl Bollers. It's sad that he showed back up as this "repo-man" over the past few years who's taken away pretty much everything he gave.

I'm torn.

On the one hand, even though I wasn't the biggest fan of the old comic continuity and I prefer the new one far more, I sympathize with everyone who feels they lost something special and genuinely miss it because of that.

On the other hand, everything that Ken is doing and saying now is providing me with far more entertainment then he's ever managed to when I eventually got around to reading his stuff. Where would we be right now without Ugly white String Bikini Lara-Su and Demonic, scary terra-bad 3D Rendered Lien-Da? 

• Thumbs Up 5

^ Somewhere where I wouldn't need to worry about how Elias is going to end up look like and fear it coming to my dreams after it maybe happens... :wacko:

And we've an update on where at least one of the stories is. 

I assume he is mentioning that prequel story he claimed he would have ready... I'm not sure of the exact time, but it was a long while back. The Storm, that's it. 

• Thumbs Up 7

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 5:37 PM, horridus said:

And we've an update on where at least one of the stories is. 

I assume he is mentioning that prequel story he claimed he would have ready... I'm not sure of the exact time, but it was a long while back. The Storm, that's it. 

It's not related to Sonic. BTW It's Set after Sonic The Hedgehog #144.

• 3 weeks later...

The only two Sonic/TL-SC related stuff that's surfaced over the last two or so weeks, with the rest being a lot of Election based stuff. All we know is there's supposedly more TL-SC items to come (Don't know why when he can't sell the stuff he already has), and his request image thing speaks for itself.

• Thumbs Up 4