Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

"Elsewhere"? Has he mentioned this one before? Cause I cannot recall it going by that title. 

SHATTERED TOMORROWS, THE STORM, ELSEWHERE, this is starting to get a little hard to follow. 

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

All of them. All the Tomorrows.

The Lara-Su Chronicles: Shattered Tomorrows but There Is No Tomorrows Because The Storm Shattered Them Which Makes This Story Irrelevant Because There Is No Tomorrows To Talk About Anymore But I Can Still Make A Story About It Somehow Because I'm The Master of Creating Plots Where There Is None

Coming 2012 Soon

• Thumbs Up 5

Saying "later this year" is a smart move, since it gives him all the way up until December 31st to make good on his promise. And god knows Penders is going to need that time. It's hard making like 20 pages of a comic book! It takes time. Literally years.

• Thumbs Up 5

In fairness, what he's making isn't a 20 page comic.  (Well, The Storm might be, but that's beside the point, since he said that's just a promotional prequel thing.)  Shattered Tomorrows, according to Ken, is set to be a full graphic novel, which presumably means it'd be 100+ pages long.

• Thumbs Up 5

20 minutes ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

Saying "later this year" is a smart move, since it gives him all the way up until December 31st to make good on his promise. And god knows Penders is going to need that time. It's hard making like 20 pages of a comic book! It takes time. Literally years.

Even so Penders will still probably miss the deadline and then pretend he never made such specific statements if anyone questions him on it.

The Lara-Su Chronicles is like Schrodinger's cat, simultaneously both alive and dead until somebody actually observes the true state of Pender's work.

25 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

In fairness, what he's making isn't a 20 page comic.  (Well, The Storm might be, but that's beside the point, since he said that's just a promotional prequel thing.)  Shattered Tomorrows, according to Ken, is set to be a full graphic novel, which presumably means it'd be 100+ pages long.

Isn't he unemployed? Because if so, a moderately sized graphic novel is still feasible in a little over a year's time. I was mostly being sarcastic, but like, Penders has had a ridiculous amount of time and has shown very little.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't wait for THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES: SHATTERED TOMMORROWS, THE STORM, ELSEWHERE, FIRST BLOOD: PART 2, ELECTRIC BOOGALOO; THE QUICKENING to have that crossover with Riverdale.

Penders better hurry though. By the time his project comes out, it might be cancelled. 

• Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

Penders better hurry though. By the time his project comes out, it might be cancelled. 

I get the feeling it would be cancelled even if he wrote at a more reasonable pace. I could be wrong, but I expect Riverdale to be dead by the end of the year.

2 minutes ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

Isn't he unemployed? Because if so, a moderately sized graphic novel is still feasible in a little over a year's time. I was mostly being sarcastic, but like, Penders has had a ridiculous amount of time and has shown very little.

Technically speaking he's a freelancer, and has mentioned doing work for things like presentations for employee orientation in companies, though how often he actually works isn't something he's very clear about. Even accounting for that though, he still would have a great deal more free time than most, and if he were working on this with the kind of dedication that he has repeatedly stressed, he would have more than enough pages to qualify his product as a graphic novel. More than that, he would at least be able to give a solid indicator of how far ahead he is and perhaps provide more substantive evidence for the amount of work he has done. 

While there exists a chance that he might *finally* be making good on his promises, experiance teaches otherwise. Particularly if the most substantive release he has for LSC so far is going to be  a *teaser* included on the App.

• Thumbs Up 7

16 hours ago, chaosjam said:

GET READY PEOPLE!  Coming 2012 Maybe Tomorrow!

And watch as he (once again) stalls and delays the whole year long before making the same, reworded promise for next year.  I mean, considering the 2012 release date, I'm thinking the chances of this never happening are more likely now than seeing so much as another page of The Storm.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, chaosjam said:

GET READY PEOPLE!  Coming 2012 Maybe Tomorrow!

Holy smokes! I haven't checked in with this thread in about a year and he still hasn't gotten to releasing the blasted thing!? What have I missed all this time???????

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Holy smokes! I haven't checked in with this thread in about a year and he still hasn't gotten to releasing the blasted thing!? What have I missed all this time???????

Quite possibly the most imbecilic tweets to ever hit Twitter.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, horridus said:

"Elsewhere"? Has he mentioned this one before? Cause I cannot recall it going by that title. 

SHATTERED TOMORROWS, THE STORM, ELSEWHERE, this is starting to get a little hard to follow. 

I think Elsewhere is the name of the APP? Although what the fuck that name has to do with anything is anyone's guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, QuantumEdge said:

And watch as he (once again) stalls and delays the whole year long before making the same, reworded promise for next year.  I mean, considering the 2012 release date, I'm thinking the chances of this never happening are more likely now than seeing so much as another page of The Storm.

Maybe Penders is going by Namek time. Five minutes on Namek is like 10 days or some shit right?

• Thumbs Up 3

No, Namek moves in normal time, Dragon Ball Z is just a badly paced show.

But there is the Hyperbolic time chamber, which has time that moves at 1/365th speed of reality, making 1 year in there = 1 day outside.

If the joke you were actually making was about Frieza's "five minutes" statement, that'd be ten episodes (5 in Kai).

• Thumbs Up 1

In fairness, that was just Frieza's estimate, and he even admits it was taking longer than he thought for the planet to blow. Seems he was trying to psych out Goku than deliver a Domino's guarantee.

Geez guys. There's explaining the joke and the there's this. It's so hard goofing around on the internet now.

Yeah, Penders takes forever to do shit. The end. That's probably better.

• Thumbs Up 2

...I've been thinking about something.

Considering the upcoming movie in theaters is an animated and live-action hybrid kind of film... What if it was headed/written by Ken Penders considering he kind of went for that real-life kind of direction for the cast in terms of design anyways? He did have... Would you call it a "fetish" for making the Sonic cast look more human as time went on?

Well... More human and a bit creepier in the face, which would actually make him a perfect fit considering the designs they tend to give characters in these kinds of films nowadays.

42 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

...I've been thinking about something.

Considering the upcoming movie in theaters is an animated and live-action hybrid kind of film... What if it was headed/written by Ken Penders considering he kind of went for that real-life kind of direction for the cast in terms of design anyways? He did have... Would you call it a "fetish" for making the Sonic cast look more human as time went on?

Well... More human and a bit creepier in the face, which would actually make him a perfect fit considering the designs they tend to give characters in these kinds of films nowadays.

1. Penders wouldn't constantly trying to give SEGA and Archie shit if that were the case. I'm pretty damn sure they would put it on contract he couldn't do so.

2. Penders' ego wouldn't let him shut up about it if that were the case.

3. Penders has screwed over SEGA and Archie a bunch of times now, proved he can't work under restraint in Archie. That's not to mention the fact that if that were the case, Penders wouldn't be resorting to rip offs of Sonic characters for his craptactular book.

4. He wouldn't be praising every single attempt to sue Archie/SEGA. The contract would deny him from doing so, and he would be fired for failing to comply if he tried. 

5. Just because it's likely live-action/animated hybrid means nothing. SEGA has tried for a long time to establish a set world for Sonic, there's no chance in hell because Penders would demand his canon to be the world of Sonic.

6. Twice already, he's tried to convince them to let him work on it. One based on EndGame (which almost everyone hates) and he tried to blackmail them into doing a Knuckles movie based on his canon (again, everyone hates)

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

1. Penders wouldn't constantly trying to give SEGA and Archie shit if that were the case. I'm pretty damn sure they would put it on contract he couldn't do so.

2. Penders' ego wouldn't let him shut up about it if that were the case.

3. Penders has screwed over SEGA and Archie a bunch of times now, proved he can't work under restraint in Archie. That's not to mention the fact that if that were the case, Penders wouldn't be resorting to rip offs of Sonic characters for his craptactular book.

4. He wouldn't be praising every single attempt to sue Archie/SEGA. The contract would deny him from doing so, and he would be fired for failing to comply if he tried. 

5. Just because it's likely live-action/animated hybrid means nothing. SEGA has tried for a long time to establish a set world for Sonic, there's no chance in hell because Penders would demand his canon to be the world of Sonic.

Keep in mind I was speaking in a hypothetical sense. I in no way want Penders involved with the movie. I'm just saying considering the direction it's heading, it could have easily been a suitable atmosphere for him considering how he designed and wrote things way back when and how they tend to make characters look in these hybrid films, Smurfs for instance.

42 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

He did have... Would you call it a "fetish" for making the Sonic cast look more human as time went on?

You're attributing certain stylistic choices of later artists like Jay Axer or Steven Butler to something Penders really had nothing to do with (Axer, as I recall, is a furry artist, so this really isn't a surprise). I imagine the style was also somewhat directed by the tone of the book during the time that was most prevalent, which leaned more toward action/drama.