Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

9 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

And Jack's left town.

And I'm pretty sure he wouldn't know the difference between a compost heap and the flaming bag someone left on his porch.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh! Oh! Something that came back to my mind that I wondered about and then forgot and… ah… anyway…

…about that CGI Lien-Da …why are her cybernetics glowing? Did she attach little LED lights on them? Did whomever grafted the cybernetics onto her do that? Why did they do it? Is it dark in the Twilight Cage and they can't be bothered to carry flashlights? Do they turn them off when they sleep? That's just been bugging me something fierce about her—why are they there?

I mean there's "Rule of Cool" and then there's "Rule of Practical." It's why I didn't like Black Widow's costume in Avengers: Age of Ultron—how does she expect to be a sneaky spy with glowing blue lines on her costume?

And there's your Pointless Question of the Day.™ :P

EDIT: On a similar note, is Future Knuckes'/The Praetorian's cybernetic eye always in that angry slit? Does seem like it'd give him a lot of visual acuity or anything; I mean that eye can't really look up or down, right? Just side to side, really.

Edited by Âmesang

So just what is the LS chronicles. Does it continue from the comic or basically a reboot with is characters?

17 minutes ago, Âmesang said:

Oh! Oh! Something that came back to my mind that I wondered about and then forgot and… ah… anyway…

…about that CGI Lien-Da …why are her cybernetics glowing? Did she attach little LED lights on them? Did whomever grafted the cybernetics onto her do that? Why did they do it? Is it dark in the Twilight Cage and they can't be bothered to carry flashlights? Do they turn them off when they sleep? That's just been bugging me something fierce about her—why are they there?

I mean there's "Rule of Cool" and then there's "Rule of Practical." It's why I didn't like Black Widow's costume in Avengers: Age of Ultron—how does she expect to be a sneaky spy with glowing blue lines on her costume?

And there's your Pointless Question of the Day.™ :P

The reason they glow is because Penders has a very weird fixation on the idea that 'glowy=high tech'. She's not the only one who seems to have studded her head with LEDs... Dimitri's also gotten in on it. 

latest?cb=20130104090403

In short? Penders just has poor design sense in general and a very, very outdated idea of what looks 'advanced'. They're there because Penders Wills It. 

14 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

So just what is the LS chronicles. Does it continue from the comic or basically a reboot with is characters?

Ostensibly it is meant to be a continuation of the stories that Penders wrote for the Sonic comic, which he claims are canon to them... but at the same time is a separate unique work from Sonic and totally not a derivative ripoff in any way whatsoever. So in short? It's a clusterfuck resulting from Penders wanting to have his cake and eat it that relies on deeply flimsy logic justifying how it can simultaneously be a unique property that is still 'canon' to something he does not own. 

• Thumbs Up 9

7 hours ago, Tylinos said:

If anyone needed further proof that Ken does not know what he's talking about when it comes to post-2006 Archie Sonic, here's him seeing the "Pending Licensor Approval" notice on a solicit cover for the first time ever.  Apparently this phrase is further evidence of the comic being cancelled, despite it being used in solicits since at least 2012.

Oh-ho-ho wow. I knew Penders was out of touch with how Archie worked after he left, but this is just golden. I mean hot damn, that is just some prime, grade-A cluelessness on display right there. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Wow, Penders sounds legitimately 'triggered'. Using more aggressive words and jumping to even more outrageous conclusions.

Its like seeing how the comics are nowadays and how they've lasted without his lousy input has outright angered him.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

Wow, Penders sounds legitimately 'triggered'. Using more aggressive words and jumping to even more outrageous conclusions.

Its like seeing how the comics are nowadays and how they've lasted without his lousy input has outright angered him.

I gotta agree. It definitely hit a noticeable nerve with him didn't it? I don't think he has ever snapped back like that.  Plus he has been unusually quiet as of late. Maybe he fully believed it was over and was prepping to make a jump for the Sonic license.  Seeing solicits with new dates probably reeled him back down to earth fast and hard.

Lets hope the Archie solicits for June bring us some hope. 

• Thumbs Up 5

^And he forgot to mention that they probably can also get prion disease by cannibalism. Have a happy life as you die after ~10 years of eating person who had their proteins wrongly folded thus making your own proteins go same way and turning your brains into sponge and make you laugh non-stop before you die because of sponginess located in your brains. :D

The lesson is; don't eat other people guys, it can be fatal by long shot.

Oh, this is going way too "deep" now, I like it when Sonic comics have some darker elements, but... wow. Or is he trying some weird way to alienate mobians more from humankind? Well, maybe some people eat their babies and nobody just told me because they thought everybody already knows about it.

I hope this wasn't the reason of him not continuing as a writer for Sonic.

And really, this guy's asking from Penders (probably one reason could be Mr.Flynn's not too keen answering questions like this, I don't know about the others...). I hadn't heard he's the official know-it-all to all facts about pre-reboot-era

Don't say they now think this stands on the post-reboot continuity too... ^_^ :mellow: :huh:

• Thumbs Up 3

... Christ, I'm hoping he's just pulling this outta his rear, or trolling.  Because right now his vision of the comic just went from "Colossally misguided, delusions of grandeur" bad to down right creepy.  I mean, I'll never treat this canon to Sonic, but still, what compelled him to even say that?

• Thumbs Up 7

3 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

... Christ, I'm hoping he's just pulling this outta his rear, or trolling.  Because right now his vision of the comic just went from "Colossally misguided, delusions of grandeur" bad to down right creepy.  I mean, I'll never treat this canon to Sonic, but still, what compelled him to even say that?

Ooh, I know! he probably got the idea of Antoine's and Bunnie's children! (stuff he probably claims he hasn't ever seen, please notice this is a crackpost...)

... I think I'll regret this crackpost at some point, but it's just too.. delicious...

1 hour ago, Tylinos said:

"...and eat their young depending on circumstances."

Did you really need to declare that canon, Ken?  Really?

Evidently yes. Because the fact that they are anthropomorpic animals means that they must mimic all aspects of real life animal behavior, regardless of the fact that they have otherwise demonstrated little real difference behavior-wise from modern day humanity. 

*rubs eyes* Christ almighty though, what the hell has this guy been drinking...?

• Thumbs Up 9

1 hour ago, Tylinos said:

"...and eat their young depending on circumstances."

Did you really need to declare that canon, Ken?  Really?

OMG why? Surely, he's joking right? Oh dear he's serious isn't he...

Mr Penders it's time to stop. Please. Just. Stop. 

• Thumbs Up 4

And cue the damage control. 

Yes, Penders, that makes it all better- there is nothing at all warped or twisted about a subset of the Mobian population eating its own children, nor ANY kind of unfortunate connotations over the fact that particular subset are feral looking pseudo-african 'Jungle Dwellers'. Nothing to read in there at all, no sir. 

• Thumbs Up 4

^And this makes the prion thing even more convenient, since it was actually at least partly found by studying "indians" of South America or something, if I recall this right. Some tribes seemed to eat their past relatives and got the disease that way. They couldn't connect deaths due to the long time it takes to kill victim.

Does Penders know how needlessly sick and disturbing that is? How do anthropomorphic animals eat each other, and why did that idea come to his head when being asked how Mobians reproduce??

• Thumbs Up 7

2 hours ago, horridus said:

And cue the damage control. 

Yes, Penders, that makes it all better- there is nothing at all warped or twisted about a subset of the Mobian population eating its own children, nor ANY kind of unfortunate connotations over the fact that particular subset are feral looking pseudo-african 'Jungle Dwellers'. Nothing to read in there at all, no sir. 

Way to cement the fact the Cat Country are nothing but a bunch of tribal stereotypes with no real research, effort or thought put into anything about them Mr Penders.

Great job. /s

• Thumbs Up 1