Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

49 minutes ago, chaosjam said:

I hate to do this to everyone...I really do but...Good Morning:

I haven't been in here in months but I think I'll stop by just to say that is horrifying. Like, legitimately horrifying to look at. That's something that could keep a young kid up for a few nights. And he thinks people want to flaunt that around. 

• Thumbs Up 5

My new greatest fear is that somehow, Lara-Su Chronicles catches on and everyone tries to imitate its success, meaning we'll all be faced with wall-to-wall ugly for at least a few years.

• Thumbs Up 2

40 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

Her Why-st?

The ONE time spellcheck decides "eh fuck it"

• Thumbs Up 2

https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-lara-su-11534926

I think it is also important to take note from Dawn Best's description in the website that she isn't involved in the "final product", unfortunately..

I honestly believe that if she had more hands on direction, she would have steer the whole disastrous thing around, I think she is the only one who can do that. oh, well...

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, chaosjam said:

I hate to do this to everyone...I really do but...Good Morning:

Her waist looks so freaking thin holy crap

I see those symbols behind the title are back.

Also given the timespan of this thing, he should really be working on the comic instead of the merchandise.

• Thumbs Up 3

Why is it that every time he shows something new about this it's somehow worse than the last bit of news? 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Dejimon11 said:

Why is it that every time he shows something new about this it's somehow worse than the last bit of news? 

That's his super power. The ability to get worse everyday.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, I was too busy marveling over the horror of her waist to notice this at first, but Lara's hair is just... awful looking. Previous iterations of this design had it shorter, but now its overgrown and mingling in with her 'dreadlocks', and it just looks *terrible*. What the hell man. 

Edit: No wait, I'm misremembering- it was always that long, it just looks especially terrible here. Nevermind the previous point beyond everything about this being ugly as sin.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh good lord!  This shirt will sell just as well as those phone cases did, I'm sure, who wouldn't want to wear such a beautiful garment, you'd be the belle of the ball.

I see Lara-Su looks as awful as ever, and what in the hell is going on with Julie-Su? 'working mother', what work is she doing, acting in a Golden Girls stage play? 

I've said the man has no talent, but I was wrong, he has the talent to completely one up himself in awfulness almost every time. I cannot not believe its been five years since this thing was supposed to be released, and this is what he's come up with.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Sidronas said:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-lara-su-11534926

I think it is also important to take note from Dawn Best's description in the website that she isn't involved in the "final product", unfortunately..

I honestly believe that if she had more hands on direction, she would have steer the whole disastrous thing around, I think she is the only one who can do that. oh, well...

Wait...not to break up the usual criticizing of Ken's work but did he lose someone like his son recently?  I don't rememebr reading about that.  That's who I'm assuming Dawn is talking about.

Dawn's concept sketches are so good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is he honestly so deluded that he actually believes that this shit will sell?...No, wait. Of course he is.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, chaosjam said:

Wait...not to break up the usual criticizing of Ken's work but did he lose someone like his son recently?  I don't rememebr reading about that.  That's who I'm assuming Dawn is talking about.

Dawn's concept sketches are so good.

In June or earlier his daughter-in-law suffered a miscarriage, hence why Best made the two pieces, and why I'm going to be a little less than happy if he recycles the latter one for the app given the context under which it was initially created. 

• Thumbs Up 6

3 minutes ago, AuroraRedwinters said:

Looks like I found this year's Christmas gag gift.

And then you were banned from all Christmas parties with your family forever :D.

• Thumbs Up 5

4 hours ago, Zulon Eredas said:

Is he honestly so deluded that he actually believes that this shit will sell?...No, wait. Of course he is.

The retirement home is a potentially lucrative yet largely untapped market for new heroes, I guess?

• Thumbs Up 2

...I just realized that some of Lara-Su's hair is growing from underneath her dreads.

• Thumbs Up 5

19 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

...I just realized that some of Lara-Su's hair is growing from underneath her dreads.

It's not really hair. It's some kind of fungal infestation, and its spreading. 

• Thumbs Up 4

If the Sonic games ever decide to re-use another alien invasion plot, I want them to be invaded by these things.

"We hail from a planet that we've never seen and don't really know anything about. Our leader says he's gonna eventually get around to making it but he promises it'll be really cool once it's finished."

• Thumbs Up 9

7 hours ago, horridus said:

I'm going to be a little less than happy if he recycles the latter one for the app given the context under which it was initially created. 

So he is going to recycle Dawn's artwork on the app/website, then try to give the rest of the series his artwork? Isn't that false advertisement?

• Thumbs Up 5

14 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

LOOK AT HER WAIST

Rob Liefeld confirmed as ghost artist.

• Thumbs Up 4

27 minutes ago, Paul-Agnew said:

Rob Liefeld confirmed as ghost artist.

Ha! Penders WISHES he could get someone with that much skill and mainstream acclaim to work with him on *anything*. 

• Thumbs Up 3

It is really sad that Rob Liefeld's name has more prestige and respect than anyone. Liefeld's a laughingstalk, but Penders makes him look like Jack Kirby!

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, SurrealBrain said:

It is really sad that Rob Liefeld's name has more prestige and respect than anyone. Liefeld's a laughingstalk, but Penders makes him look like Jack Kirby!

Well his art does look like mutated beanstalk people, so that works.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, chaosjam said:

So he is going to recycle Dawn's artwork on the app/website, then try to give the rest of the series his artwork? Isn't that false advertisement?

No idea. Penders has a very pronounced tendancy to recycle artwork and re-use the same pieces over and over again, but I'm personally hoping he doesn't intend to use this particular image given the reason it was made, even if it is his to do with what he wishes. And technically no, it isn't- if he were to use the Best art and hide away all the other stuff, implicitly indicating that this would be the standard, then yes, it'd be false advertising. As this is merely a promo image that happens to be made by another artist, its fair game, if still a tad on the deceptive side. 

• Thumbs Up 4