Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Something Ken ignores here is that it's very, very likely that a large number of people who dislike his work would prefer to wait for an in-depth review from someone else rather than paying him to read it in full.  Most people seem way more interested in just hearing about what he's done with the plot (and seeing screenshots of the more, uh, interesting aspects of the art) over actually getting the book themselves.

(And before someone here decides to bring up the idea of pirating it, which I would honestly recommend not doing, Ken did acknowledge piracy in a separate tweet.)

• Thumbs Up 9

I'd like for him to release it before he starts make these claims. We've been wait 6 years for this. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Meh. I think I'll just wait for the Linkara review or whoever takes up that particular niche by the time this thing is released. At least then I can be entertained by this eyesore in some capacity. 

• Thumbs Up 8

1 hour ago, Tylinos said:

Ah yes...the good old transformers movie logic "It doesn't matter how much it sucks, your going to see it...and that's all that matters! ;)" sigh

Honestly at this point I'm more concerened that its taking so long than anything, I'd probably congradulate him once its out just because our expectations are so low that we can't POSSIBLY be disapointed anymore! :/

• Thumbs Up 5

...Did you learn nothing from "Coming Soon in 2012"?  Don't publicize release date plans that you can't be sure you'll be able to keep.

It'd be one thing if you said this when #2 was pretty much done and you knew what to expect.  Saying it when #1 isn't even close to ready is practically begging to be proven wrong.

• Thumbs Up 9

12 hours ago, horridus said:

No idea. Penders has a very pronounced tendancy to recycle artwork and re-use the same pieces over and over again, but I'm personally hoping he doesn't intend to use this particular image given the reason it was made, even if it is his to do with what he wishes. And technically no, it isn't- if he were to use the Best art and hide away all the other stuff, implicitly indicating that this would be the standard, then yes, it'd be false advertising. As this is merely a promo image that happens to be made by another artist, its fair game, if still a tad on the deceptive side. 

So, carrying on the tradition of so many stories he did at Archie versus their covers, then?

• Thumbs Up 2

Nah Ken. We all KNOW (Yeah, I can make letters unnessecarily caps locked too) one person will buy it and scan it so we don't have to give any money to a smug ass like you. Your art is bad and you should feel bad. Also, saying they will release yearly after the first one is pointless when he asked WHEN THE FIRST CAME OUT.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, horridus said:

Transformers movies at the very least have incredible visuals, special effects and action sequences. Which does not excuse the utter garbage tier that is their storytelling and character development, but I would at least point out that Transformers Movies have something to lure people in, even if its only the cinematic equivalent of waving a shiny around to distract people. 

Penders by contrast doesn't even have THAT going for him- he's banking almost entirely on Nostalgia while lacking anything else that could intrigue people in a positive fashion. His art has been getting worse and worse, he's more focused on things OTHER than a cncrete release for the book, and frankly it seems like he's more interested in appearing to be getting stuff done than actually doing it. 

And trust me on this- whatever little expectations you have of the man, they WILL sink lower. Penders has a truly uncanny ability to outdo himself in making his product seem horrible. Just look at the most recent art he's released, and the T-Shirt meant to promote it. 

Tranformers movies have become retardedly predicatable at this point, but your still right now that I think about it...its SOMETHING and its a very consistent something that some people enjoy.

Quite frankly even if Ken's book was good, I think a lot of people wouldn't care, simply because its taking so long to come out!

I'm not a comics guy, (I've attempted to read a bit of STC but that's it) I originally came here just to chime in on the Ken drama cause I thought it was funny, but its not funny anymore. Its been years since then...I've come back here back and forward about 3 times over the course of 6 years...and every single time I pop in and go "IS KENS BOOK OUT?" only to be met with "Are you kidding me? That would be the logical thing to do lol"

This more than anything is killing hype for the book faster than anything I can think of, if the book came out in 2012 or 2013 I wouldn't know what to expect and I sure as heck don't now. I expect the book to be utter complete nonsense disguised as a cohesive story with a begining middle and end with crappy art work, but again...its not funny anymore. I wouldn't even read this ironically...I'm not even sure if I'm curious anymore...I just want the whole thing to be over with lol, too much speculation on a thing that isn't happening will drive people crazy I tell you! :o

inb4 the whole thing is cancelled and Ken promotes an even stupider idea for a book from scratch! :/

• Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, horridus said:

Meh. I think I'll just wait for the Linkara review or whoever takes up that particular niche by the time this thing is released. At least then I can be entertained by this eyesore in some capacity. 

Lol, if anything Robotnik-Mun and me are gonna make our own in-depth look at the crap if it ever comes out. Though I imagine pirating/getting the scans of something digital might be a tad harder than simple comics?

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Tylinos said:

Something Ken ignores here is that it's very, very likely that a large number of people who dislike his work would prefer to wait for an in-depth review from someone else rather than paying him to read it in full.  Most people seem way more interested in just hearing about what he's done with the plot (and seeing screenshots of the more, uh, interesting aspects of the art) over actually getting the book themselves.

(And before someone here decides to bring up the idea of pirating it, which I would honestly recommend not doing, Ken did acknowledge piracy in a separate tweet.)

Well, maybe he's really thinking it goes like "whatever kind of attention it is - good or bad - it's still attention and making a profit once the stuff comes out. I'm still not too sure whether or not it'll work in this case though...

Well, that and I'm too poor for investing my money into something I might not be able to read since it's artwork makes me feel a tad bit uneasy. Maybe if he gets it in no-pictures format but then again... :wacko:

16 hours ago, horridus said:

I just hope that if he does he gets his drinks refilled this time... :D But yeah, it would be funny, though how much does one need to beg him to read it if it ever gets out in the first place..?

10 hours ago, Tylinos said:

...Did you learn nothing from "Coming Soon in 2012"?  Don't publicize release date plans that you can't be sure you'll be able to keep.

It'd be one thing if you said this when #2 was pretty much done and you knew what to expect.  Saying it when #1 isn't even close to ready is practically begging to be proven wrong.

So is he stockpiling the stuff or not? I'm starting to wonder if that really is the case after all, as funny as it sounds... :huh:

3 hours ago, horridus said:

You know, the more and more Ken reveals about his expectations for this, the more I am reminded of how deeply unrealistic his expectations for this damn series is. It's taken him yearsa to get *one* book done, and he's claiming that they'll be out on a yearly basis afterwards?

Ah, but wait, here's a cherry to go on top of that-

Yep. You read it there folks. Kenny boy is banking on this being SUCH a success that he can afford to have other people do it for him eventually. Words fail me. 

Or he might just prepare for the fact he's not going to get it ready over his lifetime... At this pace I would think of doing that... ^_^

• Thumbs Up 3

So... shall we take bets which will come out first: Volume 1 of Lara-Su Chronicles or GoT Winds of Winter? :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, horridus said:

Yep. You read it there folks. Kenny boy is banking on this being SUCH a success that he can afford to have other people do it for him eventually. Words fail me. 

You win...I didn't think he would do that. Like...wasn't the whole point of this so that he could do all this by himself? Good gosh this guy!

5 hours ago, horridus said:

Ah, but wait, here's a cherry to go on top of that-

But Ken, nothing matters unless it's done by the original creator -- or you, apparently -- remember?

1 hour ago, AuroraRedwinters said:

So... shall we take bets which will come out first: Volume 1 of Lara-Su Chronicles or GoT Winds of Winter? :rolleyes:

Hmm... despite it taking a decade now, I'll go with Winds of Winter coming out first. 

1 hour ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

But Ken, nothing matters unless it's done by the original creator -- or you, apparently -- remember?

You forget, the rules that Ken applies to others never has to apply himself. It's okay when he does it, always, but never when anyone else does it. 

EDIT: Looks like someone else beat me to the news. Oh well...

I do not know if I did it right regarding inserting this image, but here's the latest "high-quality" print Mr. Penders plans on selling at Comic-Con.

Go-Go Gadget recycled art!

If not, here's the link to the tweet: 

Edited by Promethean0416
Removing broken image and adding text.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Regarding that print:

Apparently Taelor is related to Lara-Su.  As in, the human guy.  Which means he's presumably either going to be someone's love interest, or Ken has some really dumb twist planned regarding him.

Also:

While repeating himself yet again, he finally revealed that the one-panel change of the end to TLSC will be revealed at Comic-Con next week.

• Thumbs Up 2

And according to him, the "corrected ending" will do the following:

1) Clarifies storytelling (how?)

2) Provides bridge to TLSC (words fail me on this one)

3) Intros franchise's deadliest villain (betting it's Lien-Da, but I could be wrong :P )

"Corrected."

Also, he's wrong; the kicker is that the "high quality" of the print is probably all in the paper he uses.

Just now, Promethean0416 said:

Intros franchise's deadliest villain (betting it's Lien-Da, but I could be wrong :P )

If it's not someone entirely new, I'm personally betting we're going to get something ridiculous along the lines of Robo-Robotnik somehow spawning Dr. Droid so Ken can use Robo-Robotnik without running into trademark issues.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

If it's not someone entirely new, I'm personally betting we're going to get something ridiculous along the lines of Robo-Robotnik somehow spawning Dr. Droid so Ken can use Robo-Robotnik without running into trademark issues.

That would be the most likely scenario, but at this point, who knows?

Also, I wonder if he intentionally put Anthony Mac-sorry, Commander Taelor in the "family portrait" or if he snuck in? :P