Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

You know, besides the fact this is a collection of stock art he's previously revealed overlaid one of his few known comic pages for this, or how awful the designs still are, the actual arrangement of all these elements doesn't really work for me. Even though he's going for that epic movie poster sort of deal, it doesn't really give me that feeling, but I suppose that's what happens when you just slap random art assets, all drawn at different times in the last three or four years, together.

re: the corrected page... is he... selling one of the Archie stories with a panel changed?

2 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

re: the corrected page... is he... selling one of the Archie stories with a panel changed?

No, it's apparently just going to be part of his preview for the TLSC app.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

You know, besides the fact this is a collection of stock art he's previously revealed overlaid one of his few known comic pages for this, or how awful the designs still are, the actual arrangement of all these elements doesn't really work for me. Even though he's going for that epic movie poster sort of deal, it doesn't really give me that feeling, but I suppose that's what happens when you just slap random art assets, all drawn at different times in the last three or four years, together.

Sounds like it. That was the title of the one story from his M:25YL, or is it the title of his new story? 

Astounding, a 'whole new image' that is a bunch of recycled pictures slapped together to form... a variation of the last several images he's slapped together before, how riveting, how intriguing. 

There is not enough emote in the world to convey the true depths of my sarcasm. 

Count me in for Team Droid when it comes to who this 'deadliest villain EVAR' could be. 

I think he might be. He's long said that he regards this as a canon continuation of the stories begun in the Archie comic. Do not ask me what he is thinking doing this, unless he intends to clumsily edit the story to not mention or show any of the SEGA cast. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Tylinos said:

Also:

While repeating himself yet again, he finally revealed that the one-panel change of the end to TLSC will be revealed at Comic-Con next week.

Well, maybe this means he's got something done, that would be nice considering the sweet time he's already taken with this project of his. ^_^

Even if it would be just a panel remade at the end of something he's already made... -_-

You know, a thought occurred to me. Penders has said more than once that he wants his series to be very science fiction, even hard sci-fi (which is LOL-worthy of course). Well, his artwork actually has this sort of quality that reminds me of cheap, lame artwork for science fiction books and media. It's kind of abstract, but it's just this general sense of...being shoddily made and being really out-of-touch with anything resembling aesthetic appeal.

covers_401858.jpgpaperbackyes.jpg

Of course, the main difference is that Penders' work is even worse. But hey, at least he's succeeding at what he's trying to do. Uh, in a way.

• Thumbs Up 9

Hard sci-fi has some basis in science fact or theory, right? Not just inexplicable technobabble and whatnot?

If so, I can't imagine someone without a good grasp of actual reality pulling it off.

• Thumbs Up 2

I thought Ken said there would be no human x echydnya relationship? If thats a family portrait with Anthony Mackie (I'm still not letting that face grab go) then that means he's going back on that. Also...gross.

10 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

This one not only has reused renders here, the lighting in each character model doesn't match with the background...again. I remember another poster with reused renders was shown here and the lighting in that was different in each model.

"They're all related and you'll never guess h..." Xero is Lara-Su and Michael Taylor's son from the future. "How did you figure it out?" You're not a very good writer.

• Thumbs Up 9

Fusion Ellipsis' title and Professor Ludwig Von Drake avatar perfectly some up my reaction to this latest piece of artwork. Penders is in desperate need of a professional editor… and a few more art classes couldn't help, either.

(And I'm saying this as someone who's own art isn't very good… but I can at least recognize that my artwork isn't good and still needs improvement.)

• Thumbs Up 7

7 minutes ago, Âmesang said:

Fusion Ellipsis' title and Professor Ludwig Von Drake avatar perfectly some up my reaction to this latest piece of artwork. Penders is in desperate need of a professional editor… and a few more art classes couldn't help, either.

I suppose Von Drake would have some intense studies he's graduated from about both things you just mentioned, though getting in touch with him would be a bit hard I assume. :D

11 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

You know, a thought occurred to me. Penders has said more than once that he wants his series to be very science fiction, even hard sci-fi (which is LOL-worthy of course). Well, his artwork actually has this sort of quality that reminds me of cheap, lame artwork for science fiction books and media. It's kind of abstract, but it's just this general sense of...being shoddily made and being really out-of-touch with anything resembling aesthetic appeal.

covers_401858.jpgpaperbackyes.jpg

But yeah, this is actually an interesting point you made, it makes sense to some degree, though I think just getting inspired isn't all he would need with pulling this kind of stuff trough. Maybe all this time he's just been asking around about single tidbits and all tech guys and researchers are avoiding answering because there's too many questions? Or maybe he has his own lab and/or studying team or something? I wouldn't know but still... it's actually interesting.

I think the funniest thing is he expects people to pay the price of a game, or comic, or movie for this crappy print.

• Thumbs Up 4

What I find more amusing is that he's selling the Sonic reprints for more than triple the price that Archie's selling them for at the moment.  (And, on average, double the price they are on Amazon.)

• Thumbs Up 4

23 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

What I find more amusing is that he's selling the Sonic reprints for more than triple the price that Archie's selling them for at the moment.  (And, on average, double the price they are on Amazon.)

Now that is a total joke. Seriously how on earth does he seriously believe this is a good business idea?

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

Wait, what? 

*Goes to check*

Oh-ho. Oh-ho WOW. And this guy likes to tout himself as a man with experiance and savvy in financial matters. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh hey, more stock art. Isn't that Remington from a single piece he posted over a year ago?

And St. John's look is completely different from the first page he was shown on, unless he's since changed direction a bit and updated the look...?

1 hour ago, Tylinos said:

So on top of everything, he's a scalper now. That's nice.

Should I be happy that this is actual comic content and not just merchandise?

Or should I be retching because it looks hideous? Seriously, how can he keep getting worse and worse as time goes on?

• Thumbs Up 3

19 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

What the fuck happened to Geoffrey? 

The same thing that happened to everyone else- Penders happened. 

Good Christ almighty this is just... awful. I think this might legitimately be the worst art he's posted yet. He re-used an image made over a year ago. That fourth panel looks like an extended part of the panel below it. And Geoffrey... jesus Christ Geoffrey what did he DO to you? And that mustache on Remington is not working. Like at all. 

• Thumbs Up 5

The actual Sonic comics should not die, so that this... whatever the hell this actually is may live.  I mean, I was never much of a fan of Geoff, but mother of god do I feel bad for him.  I just don't know, or rather can't compute, how Ken does it, but he still surprises us further and further.  It's like he's giving any comic making hopeful a 101 in what not to do.  I can't find any redeeming quality except that he's using characters that are dead in the Sonic books, but at this point putting them out of their misery would be a better idea...

• Thumbs Up 8

2 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

The actual Sonic comics should not die, so that this... whatever the hell this actually is may live.  I mean, I was never much of a fan of Geoff, but mother of god do I feel bad for him.  I just don't know, or rather can't compute, how Ken does it, but he still surprises us further and further.  It's like he's giving any comic making hopeful a 101 in what not to do.  I can't find any redeeming quality except that he's using characters that are dead in the Sonic books, but at this point putting them out of their misery would be a better idea...

Ken has become a necromancer and risen their decaying bodies for his work. That's why they look so awful.

• Thumbs Up 7