Jump to content
Spin Attaxx

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Recommended Posts

Just now, Promethean0416 said:

Intros franchise's deadliest villain (betting it's Lien-Da, but I could be wrong :P )

If it's not someone entirely new, I'm personally betting we're going to get something ridiculous along the lines of Robo-Robotnik somehow spawning Dr. Droid so Ken can use Robo-Robotnik without running into trademark issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

If it's not someone entirely new, I'm personally betting we're going to get something ridiculous along the lines of Robo-Robotnik somehow spawning Dr. Droid so Ken can use Robo-Robotnik without running into trademark issues.

That would be the most likely scenario, but at this point, who knows?

Also, I wonder if he intentionally put Anthony Mac-sorry, Commander Taelor in the "family portrait" or if he snuck in? :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, besides the fact this is a collection of stock art he's previously revealed overlaid one of his few known comic pages for this, or how awful the designs still are, the actual arrangement of all these elements doesn't really work for me. Even though he's going for that epic movie poster sort of deal, it doesn't really give me that feeling, but I suppose that's what happens when you just slap random art assets, all drawn at different times in the last three or four years, together.

re: the corrected page... is he... selling one of the Archie stories with a panel changed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

You know, besides the fact this is a collection of stock art he's previously revealed overlaid one of his few known comic pages for this, or how awful the designs still are, the actual arrangement of all these elements doesn't really work for me. Even though he's going for that epic movie poster sort of deal, it doesn't really give me that feeling, but I suppose that's what happens when you just slap random art assets, all drawn at different times in the last three or four years, together.

re: the corrected page... is he... selling one of the Archie stories with a panel changed?

Sounds like it. That was the title of the one story from his M:25YL, or is it the title of his new story? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Astounding, a 'whole new image' that is a bunch of recycled pictures slapped together to form... a variation of the last several images he's slapped together before, how riveting, how intriguing. 

There is not enough emote in the world to convey the true depths of my sarcasm. 

Count me in for Team Droid when it comes to who this 'deadliest villain EVAR' could be. 

re: the corrected page... is he... selling one of the Archie stories with a panel changed?

I think he might be. He's long said that he regards this as a canon continuation of the stories begun in the Archie comic. Do not ask me what he is thinking doing this, unless he intends to clumsily edit the story to not mention or show any of the SEGA cast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tylinos said:

Also:

While repeating himself yet again, he finally revealed that the one-panel change of the end to TLSC will be revealed at Comic-Con next week.

Well, maybe this means he's got something done, that would be nice considering the sweet time he's already taken with this project of his. ^_^

Even if it would be just a panel remade at the end of something he's already made... -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, a thought occurred to me. Penders has said more than once that he wants his series to be very science fiction, even hard sci-fi (which is LOL-worthy of course). Well, his artwork actually has this sort of quality that reminds me of cheap, lame artwork for science fiction books and media. It's kind of abstract, but it's just this general sense of...being shoddily made and being really out-of-touch with anything resembling aesthetic appeal.

covers_401858.jpgpaperbackyes.jpg

Of course, the main difference is that Penders' work is even worse. But hey, at least he's succeeding at what he's trying to do. Uh, in a way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fusion Ellipsis' title and Professor Ludwig Von Drake avatar perfectly some up my reaction to this latest piece of artwork. Penders is in desperate need of a professional editor… and a few more art classes couldn't help, either.

(And I'm saying this as someone who's own art isn't very good… but I can at least recognize that my artwork isn't good and still needs improvement.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Âmesang said:

Fusion Ellipsis' title and Professor Ludwig Von Drake avatar perfectly some up my reaction to this latest piece of artwork. Penders is in desperate need of a professional editor… and a few more art classes couldn't help, either.

I suppose Von Drake would have some intense studies he's graduated from about both things you just mentioned, though getting in touch with him would be a bit hard I assume. :D

11 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

You know, a thought occurred to me. Penders has said more than once that he wants his series to be very science fiction, even hard sci-fi (which is LOL-worthy of course). Well, his artwork actually has this sort of quality that reminds me of cheap, lame artwork for science fiction books and media. It's kind of abstract, but it's just this general sense of...being shoddily made and being really out-of-touch with anything resembling aesthetic appeal.

covers_401858.jpgpaperbackyes.jpg

But yeah, this is actually an interesting point you made, it makes sense to some degree, though I think just getting inspired isn't all he would need with pulling this kind of stuff trough. Maybe all this time he's just been asking around about single tidbits and all tech guys and researchers are avoiding answering because there's too many questions? Or maybe he has his own lab and/or studying team or something? I wouldn't know but still... it's actually interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

What I find more amusing is that he's selling the Sonic reprints for more than triple the price that Archie's selling them for at the moment.  (And, on average, double the price they are on Amazon.)

Now that is a total joke. Seriously how on earth does he seriously believe this is a good business idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

What I find more amusing is that he's selling the Sonic reprints for more than triple the price that Archie's selling them for at the moment.  (And, on average, double the price they are on Amazon.)

Wait, what? 

*Goes to check*

Oh-ho. Oh-ho WOW. And this guy likes to tout himself as a man with experiance and savvy in financial matters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh hey, more stock art. Isn't that Remington from a single piece he posted over a year ago?

And St. John's look is completely different from the first page he was shown on, unless he's since changed direction a bit and updated the look...?

1 hour ago, Tylinos said:

What I find more amusing is that he's selling the Sonic reprints for more than triple the price that Archie's selling them for at the moment.  (And, on average, double the price they are on Amazon.)


So on top of everything, he's a scalper now. That's nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.