Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

45 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Oh hey, more stock art. Isn't that Remington from a single piece he posted over a year ago?

And St. John's look is completely different from the first page he was shown on, unless he's since changed direction a bit and updated the look...?

So on top of everything, he's a scalper now. That's nice.

39 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

What the fuck happened to Geoffrey? 

It's shown on page 2 (which... he didn't show yet), there's "something" that happen and give the characters their Penders redesigns.

Small note : Geoffrey's face on panel 4 is different in the inked page he sent me. Also, Remington was sketched with another pose, not the "stock art" like in the final.

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, Adamis said:

It's shown on page 2 (which... he didn't show yet), there's "something" that happen and give the characters their Penders redesigns.

A new 52 reboot! In all seriousness, there's literally no way he could start off with one page, in the second have them undergo some huge change, then on page 3 pretend like it was always that way. Unless between the first page and the second there's a 10 year gap where they got hit with an older/redesign stick, this literally can't work.

• Thumbs Up 1

The art and designs on page 1 were absolutely awful, the fact that on Page 3, and for the remainder of the "series", this even uglier art style and design will be present is just atrocious.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Tylinos said:

New preview from The Storm:

What in the holy mother of catfish am I looking at? I can draw comics better than that and I suck royally using a ruler! The character designs are just awful. Yep... I really need to get my Lara out of the dust cabinet now. This is just unacceptable on numerous levels.

I just noticed he's still using photos from the net! Look at the hurricane image and tell me that ain't a photo he scabbed from some weather service and didn't bother to check if it's fair use or not.

• Thumbs Up 2

The thing that gives me the most creeps are those eyes, they make me feel pretty nervous for some reason or other.

... Am I a bit odd (like an unexpected value at one of the very lowest parts of the Gaussian distribution) again if that's the most unsettling thing in this I can pinpoint (they look lazy in a wrong way for my liking, and that's just my own thing probably, the fact it creeps me out I mean) considering the majority of the comments here? :huh: 

And also the fact Geoff is still trying to pull that old smirk/something is looking interesting in this artstyle. Is he having an accent again? If he is, well, I do hope that if the comics get translated in other languages the translator(s) can pull it trough, I've seen some well-made translations considering different dialects and accents before. ^_^

Yep, definitely I'm not rich enough (at least with this artstyle) unless I manage to win some money or government decides to give it me for free. Fat chance really... nothing is more expensive in here than money... <_< 

C'mon, make it into a book, at least the time doing drawings would be used on something else (plot, anything else in bookwriting that needs a lot of time), right? It'd make me to consider more actually, I can buy & read interesting books, but interesting artstyle isn't my cup of tea, it takes too much of my attention out of the plot you see, I like art in comics a bit different.

35 minutes ago, Adamis said:

Small note : Geoffrey's face on panel 4 is different in the inked page he sent me. Also, Remington was sketched with another pose, not the "stock art" like in the final.

Well, this seems somewhat interesting, I hope we'll see some more soon enough. Though I suppose we won't see "the Something" before it comes out and someone reads about it, considering it could be somewhat important knowledge considering the story thus making it something possibly profitable actually worth the effort keeping it out of previews... or not, economics aren't my thing, too much things depend on people making choices by random chance actually. :rolleyes:

... ... ...

[By the way, is that the way these guys order their pizzas, calling holographically/in whatever way? :huh: (Sorry, I just had to, now I want to have some pizza. Homemade pizza, with mushrooms, and lots of tomato, in many different forms... and it's about 1 o'clock in the morning in here, definitely no-oven time...)]

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Tylinos said:

There are so, so many things to comment on here, but I think I'll stick with "What in the hell is with Geoffrey and the chair thing at the bottom?"  I understand sitting backwards on a chair to be relaxed, but that last shot makes it look like he's trying to ride it like a bike.

I love how Penders stressed time and time again that these characters are aliens and completely unrelated to the Echidnas and Sonic. "Remmington" here is explicitly a Sonic-styled Echidna.

• Thumbs Up 9

2 hours ago, Adamis said:

Wait, so he already had the pose sketched down and then just inserted the stock art anyway??

Man, I really do not get the way this guy operates, like at all.

• Thumbs Up 4

*Stares at wristwatch* Golly gee, it's been a minute since I checked the ongoing case study and narcissistic tendencies of this mad adult drug fueled fanfic author.

giphy.gif

So what did I miss guys?

On 7/14/2017 at 6:37 AM, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Her waist looks so freaking thin holy crap

I see those symbols behind the title are back.

Also given the timespan of this thing, he should really be working on the comic instead of the merchandise.

23 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

EDIT: Looks like someone else beat me to the news. Oh well...

I do not know if I did it right regarding inserting this image, but here's the latest "high-quality" print Mr. Penders plans on selling at Comic-Con.

Go-Go Gadget recycled art!

If not, here's the link to the tweet: 

5 hours ago, Tylinos said:

There are so, so many things to comment on here, but I think I'll stick with "What in the hell is with Geoffrey and the chair thing at the bottom?"  I understand sitting backwards on a chair to be relaxed, but that last shot makes it look like he's trying to ride it like a bike.

RaggedFlawlessDachshund.gif

Art is dead

• Thumbs Up 6

This thread should just evolve to gif-only responses for any future Penders updates. :D

47 minutes ago, AuroraRedwinters said:

This thread should just evolve to gif-only responses for any future Penders updates. :D

Actually, before anything gets out of hand, I think it might be just about time to remind everyone of the post mentioned in the thread title instead.  I know it's easy to sit back and throw around some memes for a laugh, but I'd really rather if this thread didn't get axed because we got lazy about the rules again.

• Thumbs Up 5

12 hours ago, Tylinos said:

What I find more amusing is that he's selling the Sonic reprints for more than triple the price that Archie's selling them for at the moment.  (And, on average, double the price they are on Amazon.)

i thought they weren't selling sonic presently?

1 minute ago, Sidronas said:

i thought they weren't selling sonic presently?

They still sell back issues and old graphic novels on their website's store.  Most of the old Archives are being sold there for around $3, and most of the Selects for $5.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

They still sell back issues and old graphic novels on their website's store.  Most of the old Archives are being sold there for around $3, and most of the Selects for $5.

o ok, great to know =)

14 hours ago, Âmesang said:

Fusion Ellipsis' title and Professor Ludwig Von Drake avatar perfectly some up my reaction to this latest piece of artwork. Penders is in desperate need of a professional editor… and a few more art classes couldn't help, either.

(And I'm saying this as someone who's own art isn't very good… but I can at least recognize that my artwork isn't good and still needs improvement.)

Look, say what you will about how long this is all taking, but I am every bit confident that Penders is getting as bad as he can as fast as he can. One can only do so much, and art classes would probably only slow him down.

13 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Now that is a total joke. Seriously how on earth does he seriously believe this is a good business idea?

Better still, I'm pretty sure he intends to (if he doesn't insist upon) defacing and devaluing each and every one with his signature before sending them out.

12 hours ago, horridus said:

Wait, so he already had the pose sketched down and then just inserted the stock art anyway??

Man, I really do not get the way this guy operates, like at all.

Yep. Although it's not *that* different. Mainly the hands were positioned differently.

Also, I prefer the lineart version.

And I've spotted another difference : Last panel, Remington's eyes had some lines on them, like they're broken glass or something, it's strange.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't fucking believe that Pender's book and Chris Chan's new Sonichu issue willl both come before the actual Sonic comics launch a new issue. What kinda weird timeline are we living in.

4 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

I can't fucking believe that Pender's book and Chris Chan's new Sonichu issue willl both come before the actual Sonic comics launch a new issue. What kinda weird timeline are we living in.

For all we know Penders might still take years for making the stuff ready, considering the time he's already used in on it.

Then again, it could be ready within this month for all I know.

Just don't start to paint devils on the wall yet, these've been previews without speech-bubbles. ^_^

Does his App cure cancer or something? All the mentioned company apps allow you to read comics online, sometimes they have motion comics. What does your app do that their's doesn't....have crappy voice acting?

Someone going to SDCC to get an actual look at this "super" app?

• Thumbs Up 7

1 hour ago, RictalRose0 said:

You'll see. The Lara-Su Chronicles mega multimedia empire will rise. Just as Penders predicted.

We can expect a Lara-Su Chronicles Cinematic Universe within the next 2 years.

• Thumbs Up 8

Huh now that I think about it, the avatar does fit with the reactions to most of the art here... O_O

19 hours ago, Tylinos said:

Oh boy... Where do I begin...

The art style is pretty bad. The eyes are creepy anime like. The hair details still make the characters look weird. The shading has made Geoffrey shiny in some points. This and the expressions (good god these expressions) don't make the characters better. These expressions make them look dull and lifeless! Every panel has got the characters with half eyes (bedroom eyes?) It seems like everyone is completely bored of whatever the heck the situation is, When it's probably supposed to be that the characters were supposed to be serious on whatever the situation is.

Secondly, those backgrounds are...pretty lazy. Just searching for hurricane like photos and other wallpaper like photos and photoshopping them as a background. It would have been much better if we could have gotten a sketched with some details background instead. Of course, this takes time. (I think the first page had both of them in a space station-esque area with a bunch of holograms? I think some holograms were literally images, even that one panel from the Sonic comic.)

And there's the reused image of Remington, and...he's got eyebrows to make the design a bit more worse than usual D: I wonder why there's a black and white gradient behind that last panel where Geoffrey is sitting? I want to think it's for the speech bubbles, but then there can be another box outline instead of an oddly placed gradient??? I'm wondering how the speech bubble format will be arranged in this page.

There should've been more time spent for this page to be honest. Some parts of the background arrangement is a bit of a mess.

• Thumbs Up 6

19 hours ago, Adamis said:

It's shown on page 2 (which... he didn't show yet), there's "something" that happen and give the characters their Penders redesigns..

*Cough*Genesis Wave*Cough*

• Thumbs Up 5