Spin Attaxx

2 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

*Cough*Genesis Wave*Cough*

Now that'd be the cherry on top of the cake. :rolleyes:

Call me eternal optimist but I hope it's something else... :blink:

Just now, BlueSky said:

Now that'd be the cherry on top of the cake. :rolleyes:

Call me eternal optimist but I hope it's something else... :blink:

Yeah but it'd be perfect. He'd take a concept made by his replacement who he claimed stole his ideas and then have to explain why it's ok for him to do it.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, SBR2 said:

*Cough*Genesis Wave*Cough*

I didn't say it but it's very similar yes ^^. BUT it could still change, I don't have the whole story, remember ;)

• Thumbs Up 3

31 minutes ago, Adamis said:

I didn't say it but it's very similar yes ^^. BUT it could still change, I don't have the whole story, remember ;)

One thing I can say about this project is it's actually pretty neat that you can give us some insight about the project itself. I wouldn't call this spoiling yet though. :D

I like to actually see why some decisions are made, it's not necessary, but it certainly is interesting to see (in a way, from the different changes in-between developing and publishing and such) how creators' trains of thoughts keep going. So thanks a lot for all of these tidbits you've shared in here.

And before anyone asks, no, I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm serious. :mellow:

• Thumbs Up 2

44 minutes ago, Adamis said:

Yo wait. Now he really is stealing ideas. How does he get away with this? "Its not a genesis wave. Its a...saturn wave."

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Terriful said:

Yo wait. Now he really is stealing ideas. How does he get away with this? "Its not a genesis wave. Its a...saturn wave."

Well, as far as I know, Penders has been "pretty exposed to influence others cause" that he happens to come contact with.

For now, it's an "anomaly, a disruption of the space/time continuum" with "evidences of at least three previous events of similar force".

• Thumbs Up 7

Wow... that really does sound like the Genesis Waves, doesn't it? I mean, to date, there have been three (not counting the Super Genesis Wave), right?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Adamis said:

For now, it's an "anomaly, a disruption of the space/time continuum" with "evidences of at least three previous events of similar force".

Hate to ruin Penders' party here, but those "three previous events" made it so that the events of his book cannot happen in any way, shape, or form. 

It's also possible he's referring to the events Sonic was going to be sent back to change in his planned follow-up to M25YL for #160 before he left the book.  I'd check the quote itself in the thread where he posted his old plans, but his forum is still down.  If anyone has an archive of it, I think the topic was titled something like "In Response to Numerous Requests"?  Unless I'm confusing it with something else.

• Thumbs Up 1

"It was those anomalies that led to the emissary meeting with the praetorian"

Might not be the Genesis waves after all. Or maybe they're linked ?

Also, there's something about a missing second. Was that mentioned in the M25YL stories ?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Adamis said:

"It was those anomalies that led to the emissary meeting with the praetorian"

Might not be the Genesis waves after all. Or maybe they're linked ?

Also, there's something about a missing second. Was that mentioned in the M25YL stories ?

Wait, is he referring to those thunderstorm-thingies in the original one?

38 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

It's also possible he's referring to the events Sonic was going to be sent back to change in his planned follow-up to M25YL for #160 before he left the book.  I'd check the quote itself in the thread where he posted his old plans, but his forum is still down.  If anyone has an archive of it, I think the topic was titled something like "In Response to Numerous Requests"?  Unless I'm confusing it with something else.

Feh. It isn't Archived. Dammit all to hell. 

If I recall correctly though, basically Sonic going to the past was going to wind up changing the timeline in some fashion, and King Sonic was gonna hover around as a kind of 'time ghost' unable to do anything. He even compared to DC's Flashpoint on his twitter. 

• Thumbs Up 3

And there is the real Ken Penders everyone. He doesn't care how you feel. If you don't praise his work, you are not worth his sympathy. 

• Thumbs Up 9

And there is the real Ken Penders everyone. He doesn't care how you feel. If you don't praise his work, you are not worth his sympathy. 

54 minutes ago, chaosjam said:

You mean I shouldn't worship and love the work of the man that stole the face of Anthony Mackie?

Spoiler

Anthony_MacKie_1454012155.jpg

CN4FESKVAAAiT6m.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

• The topic was locked

Alright, guys.

Look.

I just removed an inflammatory post, something that we have not wanted to see in this topic specifically for a while, and things have mostly been good since it was addressed, like, two years ago. I realize the comic ending is going to bring out some unpleasant emotions, and I realize Ken crawling out the woodwork with one of his signature Hot Takes™ on the comic industry will no doubt exacerbate that. But I do want to see this thread continue, both for discussing Penders's plans and talking about the book's history in general (as it's so heavily tied to the original Archie comic), so I think it's important that we keep cool heads and not shoot off with the usual "fuck Ken Penders" or "fuck SEGA". Like, I'm not happy either, but I'd rather we try to be a bit more constructive instead of hurling insults.

Frankly, I'd rather limit the amount of attention he's going to try to milk out of this whole thing. So, yeah, the thread will continue, but let's just cool it.

• The topic was unlocked

It really is sad that Archie didn't finish off the last story arcs or at least the Overdrive comic, seeing as though it was said that it was independent of the comics =(

Hey Ken, I thought this shit show wasn't for kids?

Sick of him taking advantage of kids who he doesn't even want as a target audience.

• Thumbs Up 6

Wow it's incredible how far this guys head is up his ass. But karma will take its course when the Lara si chronicles inevitably crashes and burns.

• Thumbs Up 1

For it to crash and burn it would have to actually get finished. 

• Thumbs Up 3