Jump to content
Spin Attaxx

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Recommended Posts

On ‎24‎.‎7‎.‎2017 at 10:57 PM, Tylinos said:

Something worth noting is that, as off-model as the uncanny valley Sonic drawing is, and even with literally hundreds of replies worth of criticism and rejection on it, it's still netted him nearly 400 Likes as of now, which may actually be the most Likes he's ever received on a tweet by a wide margin.  For comparison, his actually-legitimately-decent drawing of Captain America from the other day only has 9 Likes.

Gee, this is social media in a nutshell; all "Sanik"'s get the likes and the attention while some good stuff is left unseen because it doesn't get enough lift and isn't "daring" enough. <_<

There might lie something good about that but right now I see pretty much mostly bad stuff coming from it.

If I'd be on Twitter I might go and give a like for that Captain America tweet just because it's good-looking and I love doing stuff other's don't. Even when I feel pretty indifferent about Captain... One person wouldn't too too much but still... -_-

It's kind of sad he can't do stuff in a way he's actually good at because he doesn't get attention by doing so. Maybe that's the reason why he went on full steam with that lawsuit, for getting as much attention as possible...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Question because I am legit curious?  How is Ken bankrolling his projects & con visits?  He hasn't worked in comics in ages, no doubt whatever royalties he did get from Archie are running low if not gone.  Does he have a day job?  Is his wife paying for it?  Is he secretly paid by SEGA to harrass Archie-Sonic fans?   How does he do it!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

 Question because I am legit curious?  How is Ken bankrolling his projects & con visits?  He hasn't worked in comics in ages, no doubt whatever royalties he did get from Archie are running low if not gone.  Does he have a day job?  Is his wife paying for it?  Is he secretly paid by SEGA to harrass Archie-Sonic fans?   How does he do it!?

I think rumor is it's that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, horridus said:

And a small, decidedly odd bit of news.

...yeeah, that's a nice gesture and all but... maybe you should just.. finish the app, release it, and such, before thinking of having amateur voice actors do anything??

The winners will be the ones who don't end up participating. Of course, having all the losers take on roles will fill out the cast rather quickly.

On the other hand, this means the real winning move really is not to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooo...we were all joking about how he would turn-a-bout and start attacking IDW with his disputes etc now that they were the Sonic licence holders.

All in the last 24 hours... I didn't actually think it would happen when we were joking around about it..I thought he couldn't shock me anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't new.  He's brought up his (understandable) frustration over IDW not paying him royalties a few times before.  It's a bit telling that he didn't step up voicing his anger toward them until this week, though.

I'm more bemused by that first tweet there about Fulop, along with this:

After months of insisting (up until as recently as last week) that Archie's license issues were because they wanted to drop the book to focus on Riverdale, he's now fairly confident that they lost the license because Sega pulled it from them over the Fulop lawsuit instead.  I mean, hey, it's good that he finally seems to agree with what people have been telling him for months now, but after all of his talk about Riverdale, it's...pretty silly looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 This man is just pathetic!

IDW hasn't even reprinted any of the DC or Marvel Star Trek books have they?  As far as I can tell they have only done Gold Key.  They don't owe Ken a single coin!

 This man is just, good lord.  He's just determined to mooch off any publisher that has any franchise he's ever worked on.  That's just sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

 IDW hasn't even reprinted any of the DC or Marvel Star Trek books have they?  As far as I can tell they have only done Gold Key.  They don't owe Ken a single coin!

Is that right? Surely not? While he's usually forgetful on things he himself has said in the past, he's generally pretty good with his fact checking, especially when it comes to money. Im not much of a Star Trek fan so I can't verify but it would be interesting doing a check to see if it is indeed only the Gold Key ones being reprinted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tenko said:

Is that right? Surely not? While he's usually forgetful on things he himself has said in the past, he's generally pretty good with his fact checking, especially when it comes to money. Im not much of a Star Trek fan so I can't verify but it would be interesting doing a check to see if it is indeed only the Gold Key ones being reprinted.

As far as I can tell they've just done Reprints of Gold Key and the British Star Trek comics. As well as some newapaper strips & photoplay cina-story esque comics of the origonial.

They haven't done the DC, Marvel or Malibu Star Trek books in reprint yet.  And now I would'nt blame em if they never do.

 

 So yea.  Ken is full of hot air on this one.

 

http://www.idwpublishing.com/product-category/star-trek/star-trek-gold-key-archives/

http://www.idwpublishing.com/product/star-trek-the-classic-uk-comics-vol-1/

http://www.idwpublishing.com/product/star-trek-the-newspaper-strips-vol-1/

http://www.idwpublishing.com/product/star-trek-new-visions-vol-5/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tylinos said:

This isn't new.  He's brought up his (understandable) frustration over IDW not paying him royalties a few times before.  It's a bit telling that he didn't step up voicing his anger toward them until this week, though.

I'm more bemused by that first tweet there about Fulop, along with this:

After months of insisting (up until as recently as last week) that Archie's license issues were because they wanted to drop the book to focus on Riverdale, he's now fairly confident that they lost the license because Sega pulled it from them over the Fulop lawsuit instead.  I mean, hey, it's good that he finally seems to agree with what people have been telling him for months now, but after all of his talk about Riverdale, it's...pretty silly looking.

This is a pretty typical pattern for him. After all the other false starts concerning Archie's cancellation he kept changing his tune and pretending like he and he alone had the special professional insight to know what's going on. Him flip-flopping suddenly after having spent the rest of the year convinced that it was because Archie wanted to focus on Riverdale is nothing surprising. Guy really wants to look like someone in the know about this stuff. 

As for the rest of it, his sudden focus on IDW, well that's not surprising either. He sporadically brought up IDW in the past years, but the fact that he is now suddenly THIS focused on them is a little too convenient to be a coincidence. Particularly since he's now going to have to confront the awful reality that the intended Pre-Reboot Gravy Train he envisioned for himself has just been derailed and crashed into a ditch courtesy of IDW's extreme unlikelihood of ever wanting to touch any Pre-Reboot material ever. 

However, as this is the LSC Chronicles Thread, I feel compelled to add something pertinent about Lara-Su Chronicles, and so I bring you this... decidedly odd creative insight from the man.

How.... very lovely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.