Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

1 minute ago, horridus said:

This is a pretty typical pattern for him. After all the other false starts concerning Archie's cancellation he kept changing his tune and pretending like he and he alone had the special professional insight to know what's going on. Him flip-flopping suddenly after having spent the rest of the year convinced that it was because Archie wanted to focus on Riverdale is nothing surprising. Guy really wants to look like someone in the know about this stuff. 

As for the rest of it, his sudden focus on IDW, well that's not surprising either. He sporadically brought up IDW in the past years, but the fact that he is now suddenly THIS focused on them is a little too convenient to be a coincidence. Particularly since he's now going to have to confront the awful reality that the intended Pre-Reboot Gravy Train he envisioned for himself has just been derailed and crashed into a ditch courtesy of IDW's extreme unlikelihood of ever wanting to touch any Pre-Reboot material ever. 

However, as this is the LSC Chronicles Thread, I feel compelled to add something pertinent about Lara-Su Chronicles, and so I bring you this... decidedly odd creative insight from the man.

How.... very lovely. 

I am very skeptical of that last tweet. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 2

i'm sorry but this art is so bad it doesn't look good in the slightest lol

16 hours ago, horridus said:

How.... very lovely. 

If the only way to get your child to read is The Lara-Su Chronicles, it's too late for them.

Unless they're reading it for the comedic appeal, I suppose.

Ok I know I focus on this a lot but like didn't he say there will be sex scenes in this and that it's totes not for kids?

• Thumbs Up 3

There's only one thing I imagine when I see what Ken's including in this book and the fact he's now seemingly targeting kids with this shit.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

Ok I know I focus on this a lot but like didn't he say there will be sex scenes in this and that it's totes not for kids?

Myes, more or less. He mentioned how he intended for Taelor to be used to illustrate how Echyd'nya differ from humans, including when it comes to sex. Which frankly leads me to conclude that Taelor is destined to become Lara-Su's love interest, and that Xero is their hybrid offspring from the future. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 2

1 minute ago, horridus said:

Myes, more or less. He mentioned how he intended for Taelor to be used to illustrate how Echyd'nya differ from humans, including when it comes to sex. Which frankly leads me to conclude that Taelor is destined to become Lara-Su's love interest, and that Xero is their hybrid offspring from the future. 

This isn't something I'd like to show a kid who's learning to read... :blink:

• Thumbs Up 3

Ah, here we go, here's what he said! 'Relationships'. Not as explicit as sexuality, but when used in conjunction with this...

... it does not exactly leave a lot of room for confidence with regards to where this is all going. 

• Thumbs Up 7

To be fair, he's being rather generous with his rating. I mean if this was a film, this would definitely be a hard R in the US, and a hard 18 film in the UK, just for the sheer amount of scary imagery alone.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 3

3 hours ago, horridus said:

Ah, here we go, here's what he said! 'Relationships'. Not as explicit as sexuality, but when used in conjunction with this...

... it does not exactly leave a lot of room for confidence with regards to where this is all going. 

At what point has there been confidence?

Serious question. I can't remember anything before art appeared, if even then.

4 hours ago, horridus said:

What the hell PG-13 films is he seeing?

• Thumbs Up 5

I think you might be missing the point of that complaint, Ken.  It's not about major characters like Lara-Su.  It's about the hundreds of unnecessary named Echidnas and the like that you kept adding to the book, even aside from the Guardians.  There weren't any reader questions that led to you making Lara-Su's one-page classmate Jaker, or Councilor Darwin, or Mykol, or Rita-Li, or Radar, or Marta, or the numerous members of the Lost Tribe who got names despite contributing almost nothing to the plot themselves.  Or, of course, the most infamous epitome of pointless named Echidna characters: Bimmy.

Saying that all of your characters were made because of reader questions is just plain untruthful.

• Thumbs Up 7

Maybe he thought it's a good way to build up the story or something. Though I'm not too sure. Few well-developed ones would've possibly worked better.

40 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

I think you might be missing the point of that complaint, Ken.  It's not about major characters like Lara-Su.  It's about the hundreds of unnecessary named Echidnas and the like that you kept adding to the book, even aside from the Guardians.  There weren't any reader questions that led to you making Lara-Su's one-page classmate Jaker, or Councilor Darwin, or Mykol, or Rita-Li, or Radar, or Marta, or the numerous members of the Lost Tribe who got names despite contributing almost nothing to the plot themselves.  Or, of course, the most infamous epitome of pointless named Echidna characters: Bimmy.

Saying that all of your characters were made because of reader questions is just plain untruthful.

I remember that fan.

I remember how happy and excited they were for Lara-Su, all the fan-art and the fancomics they did, how appreciative they were for that shoutout and how much love they showed for Ken and his works. 

Bet they were real fucking happy when he redesigned Lara-Su to have that stupid-ass visor. 

• Thumbs Up 6

On 7/20/2017 at 7:44 AM, horridus said:

Feh. It isn't Archived. Dammit all to hell. 

If I recall correctly though, basically Sonic going to the past was going to wind up changing the timeline in some fashion, and King Sonic was gonna hover around as a kind of 'time ghost' unable to do anything. He even compared to DC's Flashpoint on his twitter. 

If it helps, I saved a PDF of the thread back in mid-2012. And yeah, that's pretty much how it went down:

SONIC: ALL MY TOMORROWS... (SONIC #160 & #161) - King Sonic discovers he’s returned to the scene of one of his greatest battles and possibly the cause of his problems in the future. The problem is that no one can see or hear him, and any attempt to take action results in someone suspecting a supernatural cause. When he returns to the future, he discovers a changed world on top of having failed to change events in the past. As a last resort, Rotor sends Nicole into the past after having created her.

4 hours ago, horridus said:

I remember that fan.

I remember how happy and excited they were for Lara-Su, all the fan-art and the fancomics they did, how appreciative they were for that shoutout and how much love they showed for Ken and his works. 

Bet they were real fucking happy when he redesigned Lara-Su to have that stupid-ass visor. 

Would that happen to be T2? Loved her works back in the day (such as 'Turning Points' and 'Search For the Guardian's Daughter' just to scratch the surface). I hope she went on to develop her talent further and live a fulfilling life and career. :)

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Paul-Agnew said:

If it helps, I saved a PDF of the thread back in mid-2012. And yeah, that's pretty much how it went down:

Would that happen to be T2? Loved her works back in the day (such as 'Turning Points' and 'Search For the Guardian's Daughter' just to scratch the surface). I hope she went on to develop her talent further and live a fulfilling life and career. :)

Don't suppose you got any more of those threads on PDF? I've been kicking myself for thinking all of his 'greatest hits' have been preserved.

And yes, I believe so- I remember seeing their stuff on TeamArtail, and I remember those fancomics. And I just made myself horribly sad, realizing how her devotion will eventually be paid off... but yes, I really do hope she's refined her art and is doing something fulfilling, as you said. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I call so much Bullshit on his new "It was just a paycheck" narrative. You don't keep talking about a project you worked on to this day and sue for characters you created for that license if it was just a paycheck.

My brother bought the He-Man Mini comics collection a while back and in the interviews some of the writers struggled to remember a lot of what they actually did for those comics and often times weren't sure if certain things were even them. That's what doing comics for a paycheck looks like not literally everything that's gone down here.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Promotion 1

Penders belittling Spaz now... Good lord this man has no shame!

• Thumbs Up 3