Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Who the fuck is he even aiming this at? Like is there any market for this at all? Or does he not care and literally went through all this shit with court cases and everything just to suck his own dick?

Also does he suck at perspective or is the dude a giant

• Thumbs Up 2

I honestly thought CMDR Mykhal Taelor's model wasn't too bad, aside from the Play-Doh head and invisible Rob Liefeld feet.  But is Penders seriously trying to suggest that Eggman Nega is a rip-off of his characters?  That he owns Nega in consequence?  And that's why Nega isn't allowed to appear in the comics right now?  The man has no shame.

I've really stopped taking anything Penders says seriously.

To me, the man is just trolling people, ironically at his own expense should this project fail.

And if he really is as serious as I've stop taking him to be, then that'll just make the fall out that much more epic. And in the off chance that this actually gains some measure of success, it'll be years down the line for us to give a shit anymore - although, by then more people might gain more insight into this whole debacle.

Wait so this Dr. Driod character is meant to robo robotnik? Also am I the only one that finds it odd that the guys first name is "Ian"?

Following up from the Lien-Da edit because I have no life...

3nAOtYf.png

I think he wants these to be nightmare fuel by now honestly

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to say the artwork is better than Lien Da- but it just looks out of place with the background- I mean, the background is amazingly done- but the character looks like s**t when you place it on that background (probably would still look s**t). They should tone the background done so it looks as stupid as the characters or...and this is a big maybe.... get the characters to actually look good (but that is a big ask!)

Yeah, either Penders actually likes this...mess...or he refuses to accept that he has made a mistake- because Ken Penders NEVER makes mistakes!

I mean, the background is amazingly done- but the character looks like s**t when you place it on that background (probably would still look s**t). They should tone the background done so it looks as stupid as the characters or...and this is a big maybe.... get the characters to actually look good (but that is a big ask!)

Funny, I just Googled "Space Background" and found this.

http://www.walltecno.com/space-wallpaper-20-wallpaper-background-hd.html

space-wallpaper-20-wallpaper-background-

Not really a perfect line up, but yeah.

pender10.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

@Biznizz

Oh man, that sounds awful. I think my brain broke last night when I read "Ken would own Nega," if Droid was retconned out and replaced or some malarchy. Wow. Just wow. Even back then he was doing anything he could to keep riding Sonic's coattails.

I guess the man's consistent, to say the least.

Funny, I just Googled "Space Background" and found this.

http://www.walltecno.com/space-wallpaper-20-wallpaper-background-hd.html

space-wallpaper-20-wallpaper-background-

Not really a perfect line up, but yeah.

pender10.jpg

Well this is a man that believes that it's not plagiarism if he does it, so...

Yeah, looking at the permitted use, that background is only for desktop (personal) use, and anything else is against their permission, unless given allowance by the owner of the image.

Wait so this Dr. Driod character is meant to robo robotnik? Also am I the only one that finds it odd that the guys first name is "Ian"?

It is a pun. "Ian Droid" and "Android", get it? It also looks to me that his name was an homage to Robotnik.

He was created long before another Ian came to the comic, but I do agree that it looks hilarious in hindsight [emoji13].

• Thumbs Up 1

I see Penders still likes to use random Google images for his backgrounds. Remember there was a point when he did this in the comics and it looked horrendous. It's like he never changed his art style, he's still stuck in the early 2000's!

I see Penders still likes to use random Google images for his backgrounds. Remember there was a point when he did this in the comics and it looked horrendous. It's like he never changed his art style, he's still stuck in the early 2000's!

This must have been around where I dropped out, but he traced shit for the comic? Backgrounds were, like, the one thing he was even remotely competent (though he was far from "decent" even then) with in the early days. And he still traced random photos from a Google search into his work. Was Penders even trying?

EDIT: Actually, going back through some of the Knuckles solo stories he illustrated "remotely competent" might've been too nice. They're pretty bare now that I look at them again...

There was a chapter in Chaos Knuckles backups (when he visits Charmy & Saffron) which Ken himself "illustrated". And by that, I mean he drew the characters (terribly) and literally used photos instead of actually making backgrounds. My jaw dropped when I saw it.

A scene with four characters or so standing on the ground normally, on top of a photo of what I swear was a canyon.

There was a chapter in Chaos Knuckles backups (when he visits Charmy & Saffron) which Ken himself "illustrated". And by that, I mean he drew the characters (terribly) and literally used photos instead of actually making backgrounds. My jaw dropped when I saw it.

A scene with four characters or so standing on the ground normally, on top of a photo of what I swear was a canyon.

... Tell me: how, exactly, did this egregious laziness pass muster with Archie, again?

That egregious laziness passed muster with Archie because Archie and Sega were themselves egregiously lazy.

• Thumbs Up 3

... Tell me: how, exactly, did this egregious laziness pass muster with Archie, again?

This was during editor Gabrie's reign, I imagine, and he gave Penders a free pass on practically everything. And, as Spin Attaxx points out, SEGA was just as lazy and didn't give a shit about what was happening on the comic probably because they assumed the editor was doing his job. Boy have times changed.

Anybody have some scans of that chapter though? I hardly read any of the Chaos Knuckles stuff (the concept annoyed the crap out of me when I was younger, and it still sounds awful) and I feel like I need to see this for myself...

@Biznizz

Oh man, that sounds awful. I think my brain broke last night when I read "Ken would own Nega," if Droid was retconned out and replaced or some malarchy. Wow. Just wow. Even back then he was doing anything he could to keep riding Sonic's coattails.

I guess the man's consistent, to say the least.

Well this is a man that believes that it's not plagiarism if he does it, so...

I often get the impression that Ken will only consider it plagiarism if other people are doing it. While Ken is able to freely pay "homage" without consequence. 

Anybody have some scans of that chapter though? I hardly read any of the Chaos Knuckles stuff (the concept annoyed the crap out of me when I was younger, and it still sounds awful) and I feel like I need to see this for myself...

jbplvFqhbeYrfv.JPG

jblB1IovrTfdWc.JPG

This issue (#93) wasn't the only one that pulled this crap. A story involving the Wolf Pack used photo backgrounds too but I can't recall the issue number. What makes it all the more awful-looking is how an environment aspect such as the grass is drawn, making these BG's all the more egregious. There's no consistency in the art.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm sorry, but is that green knuckles echidna one of Penders' characters he won in the suit? Pahahahaha -- "original", he said, "not stolen", he said.

I'm sorry, but is that green knuckles echidna one of Penders' characters he won in the suit? Pahahahaha -- "original", he said, "not stolen", he said.

No.

That IS Knuckles.

Yeah....but this is Archie we're talking about so....