Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

21 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

To elaborate, Archie editor Gabrie basically did jackshit and let Ken run rampant, then he finds out later on that he's not that great once a real editor comes along and tells him to buck up or buck off. Then later on he goes lawsuit on Archie and their incompetence again allows for him to run rampant and do things he normally wouldn't have gotten away with. Now all we need is for IDW/Paramount/CBS to show him the error of his ways to complete the cycle :D!

Basically, the editor let Penders shove Knuckles into a photocopier a couple hundred times to the point he somehow forgot he was working on a LICENSED comic, and when a new editor (perhaps at the "urging" of Sega) tried to remind him of that fact, he basically freaked out?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, captobvious42 said:

Basically, the editor let Penders shove Knuckles into a photocopier a couple hundred times to the point he somehow forgot he was working on a LICENSED comic, and when a new editor (perhaps with the "urging" of Sega,) tried to remind him of that fact, he basically freaked out?

A bit more complicated than that, but yeah basically.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

Dunno, depends whether or not he sees trough this "cv", and then again I feel like he'd like to do it as much by himself artwise as possible...

• 4 weeks later...

Shame about the end of Ken's break from twitter, i actually this was the best and professional thing he has ever done recently, whether you like him or not. Even though i don't like his attitude to some things. 

2 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

He was on break? Dang, I was hoping people were learning to ignore him.

Yeah, he went 'off the grid' (his words) for the last two weeks, hence the rather uncharacteristic silence. It was nice while it lasted, but alas, all good things must come to an end. 

• Nice Smile 1

4 hours ago, FFWF said:

I wonder if he used that fortnight to actually get some serious work done for a change.

Doesn't sound like it:

At most he probably changed the direction of the story a few times to again excuse his inability to get it released.  Also sketching...sounds like hard work for the "savior of Sonic".

SPEAKING OF:

So basically saying "Do you want my writing or someone else who in my opinion isn't as good as me?"  Dude came back to full force after his break.

• Thumbs Up 4

43 minutes ago, horridus said:

It is at this point that I feel compelled to remind people that unless it pertains to Lara-Su Chronicles in some capacity we really shouldn't be posting about it in the thread, especially when it's a tired, egotistical soundbite that he's used for years now in a pathetic attempt to claim he's doing it for the fans (here's a hint- he isn't). That likewise means there shouldn't be any of posting of his personal opinions about pop culture or anything else. Nor does he deserve compliments for having an opinion comes to most people as a given, especially given that he lifted a Holocaust poem and edited for the sake of his crappy political commentary, refuses to apologize or admit he did wrong there, and more insultingly decided that the Nazi stand-ins of that story (The Dark Legion) magically had sympathetic reasons for what they were doing despite the earlier comparison.

I didn't mean any harm. Anyway, that man needs some serious talking to in person. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

I didn't mean any harm. Anyway, that man needs some serious talking to in person. 

I know. But this thread walks a razor's edge, and we've already been templocked for straying away from the scope of what we're supposed to talk about. And yes, he does, though I doubt it would really work- guy doesn't value any opinion or input other than his own. Kinda hard to get through to someone who absolutely refuses to listen to anybody.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Promotion 1

20 hours ago, horridus said:

I know. But this thread walks a razor's edge, and we've already been templocked for straying away from the scope of what we're supposed to talk about. And yes, he does, though I doubt it would really work- guy doesn't value any opinion or input other than his own. Kinda hard to get through to someone who absolutely refuses to listen to anybody.

I suppose only a ninja master of appealling talking could get everyone to listen to them... But for an artist there's the fine line of criticism; how you block out stuff that isn't of any help while showing others you can learn from the feedback at the same time. Gee, I think his balancing is a bit one-sided.

Does anybody actually even know in how many languages he's planning to translate this right from the get-go? I got interested about it when I skimmed some of his recent posts a few days ago. :huh:

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/6/2017 at 8:43 AM, chaosjam said:

So basically saying "Do you want my writing or someone else who in my opinion isn't as good as me?"  Dude came back to full force after his break.

So... He still hasn't played any of the games, has he? Because I'm pretty sure there's enough to work with, especially considering the "too many characters" complaints that pop up every so often.

I would add something about being stuck in the 90's, but that's pretty evident.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, captobvious42 said:

So... He still hasn't played any of the games, has he? Because I'm pretty sure there's enough to work with, especially considering the "too many characters" complaints that pop up every so often.

I would add something about being stuck in the 90's, but that's pretty evident.

To a degree he is correct- doing things EXACTLY like the games, even now, wouldn't make for a fulfilling story, and any storyteller for a Sonic book would need to round out the cast with original characters in order to prevent things from getting repetitive. There's only so many times you can do 'Sonic Beats Eggman Yet Again' before it gets stale, after all, given that books require more than games. 

BUT!

His reasoning is still fallacious and self-serving. There is plenty to work with from the games and to branch out from there. Further, the motive behind is argument has nothing to do with him caring about Sonic fans want, and everything to do with him trying to justify and vindicate the fact that he did everything in his power to ignore the games and pretty much ignore the show the book was originally created to tie into, in particular his obsession with the mythos he created for Knuckles. This is a man who *left* the book once more effort was asked of him when it came to incorporating Game elements. 

So yeah, the argument itself isn't quite crap, but coming from him it most definitely. 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 3

On 9/6/2017 at 8:43 AM, chaosjam said:

I want a comic book version of the games that develops the world.

That's what I've always wanted, ever since I was a kid.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1

Just now, Sidronas said:

I know this is offtopic , but i just wanted to say, Wasn't it revealed that some villain went into the past and brainwashed Captain America?

Really? That could actually be a decent author's saving throw.

8 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Really? That could actually be a decent author's saving throw.

I think Red Skull had used a Cosmic Cube to alter reality and turn Cap into a double agent. But before this reveal, I think one of the authors said something along the lines of Cap wasn't brainwashed and had always secretly worked for Hydra, hence the insane backlash. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I've just finished translating new stuff... well, not new since they're pages from Archie bar the final panel which is new ;)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 4

49 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Is Mr. Penders forum down or something? It wouldn't come up the other day when I went to check on how things have been going since I last visted?

It's been down for a while, but even when it was up activity was few and far between, not to mention Penders himself stopped being active there ages ago.

• Thumbs Up 2