Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Praetorian is actually the term used for a force of bodyguards in service to a Roman emperor.

Is it just me or do these characters speak in incredibly stiff and robotic ways?

Maybe I am just really inept at figuring out what is robotic and stiff, but what exactly makes them robotic and stiff? 

....Echyd'nya? Really Penders, really? How the hell do you even pronounce that? What is this, Avatar?

Also, I'm anticipating the release of the first book. I'm very curious to see if people find it as bad as it certainly looks.

Wow; someone posted this in the status update, but this conversation from old archives seems so eerily similar to the script.

1395189406361.jpg

Not necessarily in the words, but in delivery and atmosphere.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow; someone posted this in the status update, but this conversation from old archives seems so eerily similar to the script.

[image snip]

Even some of the words feel similar, especially Lara-Su talking about Knuckles in his youth and when he took on Guardian duties.

Boy, the comic must've been really boring around this time. I can sorta see what Penders is going for, but based on his recent script teaser, and what I know about his writing in the past, I have a feeling it really didn't go anywhere until Flynn came in and cleaned up his mess...

So uh...I hear Penders may put Scouge in the comic. Considering how Lara Su looks, I fear to see how Scourge would look like.

So uh...I hear Penders may put Scouge in the comic. Considering how Lara Su looks, I fear to see how Scourge would look like.

Uuuggghhh... don't remind me that he has Scourge, too. Though makes me wonder what he's going to do about the character name... "Evil Sonic" despite Penders's claims... still Sonic. Speaking of, the King and Queen in his universe was Sonic and Sally, but he obviously doesn't own them. ...and this is why we do original work instead of constantly clinging to crap that was made for licensed material.

1395189406361.jpg

Ugh, can we expect creepy well endowed Echidnas in sexy sleeping ware also?

But yes the dialogue is extremely similar in it's stillness, seriously "girlfriends?" even considering the time this comic was made I don't think anyone actually said stuff like that.

I admit I liked kenders work but he still acts like an idiot.

The worst part is the "Echinda Holocaust" poem in my opinion. It is a blatant rip off and is just plain wrong. Especially in a kids comic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

But yes the dialogue is extremely similar in it's stillness, seriously "girlfriends?" even considering the time this comic was made I don't think anyone actually said stuff like that.

Actually, they did say stuff at that time. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised of girls still doing it today.

Not saying that in defense of that scene tho...

So, I'm reading through the script... first impressions are not good. Seriously, this is one of the most boring things I've read in a long time. And why the hell are there so many pauses?

OK, I see all of these "beats" in the script, and this was the first thing that came to mind:

follow-your-heart.png

• Thumbs Up 2

All I'm doing is waiting for Linkara from AT4W to make a review for this and burn this pile of sh*t of a comic in both the non-literal and literal sense.

Though I fear for his mental state as just looking at the artwork alone is severely migraine inducing.

• Thumbs Up 3

1395189406361.jpg

Gah! Did you have to remind me of that again? >< Similar topic, similar stilted dalogue, sexily drawn anthropomorphic echidnas in a children's comic...need I go on?

And this is all it was! Just blablabla moanmoanmoan and typical soap opera BS. I can guarantee you that LSC is going to be very much the same!

• Thumbs Up 3

All I'm doing is waiting for Linkara from AT4W to make a review for this and burn this pile of sh*t of a comic in both the non-literal and literal sense.

Though I fear for his mental state as just looking at the artwork alone is severely migraine inducing.

He's reviewed one more day he'll be fine the only thing is if he wants to do it

sexily drawn anthropomorphic echidnas in a children's comic...need I go on?

To be fair, that was down to the artist. Steven Butler still draws female characters like that to this day.

I'm not actually bothered by them being sexily drawn, considering Rouge's existence and all. XD

They just look so badly drawn though, that's the thing. Every panel just seems off model.

1395189406361.jpg

legs.jpg

The first thing that I thought of when it came to that picture. I am not sorry, but I am sorry for using an image from a far superior comic as a response to a horrible one. My apologies to Lackadaisy for being dragged into this mess.

• Thumbs Up 1

All that script reminds me of is of when he had to- er, actually, wanted to do that 25 Years Later story. I never read much of it but it just came off as mindless talking. All talking. No action, just talking. All of that dialog, like that page that was already posted, was pretty much half housewives talking to each other unnaturally.

If it weren't for the fact that he has a wife and kids, I'd say he doesn't know shit about how a normal family works, or even how women talk to each other.

Okay, well I've just spent the last couple of months catching up with StH (and by "catching up", I mean reading every single issue of the main series, the specials, and the spinoffs from the beginning to the present) and I will say that I have mixed views of Penders's work on the series.

I think he made some really memorable characters and the expanded universe he built around Knuckles was pretty interesting. However, I also really felt that a bit too much time in the KtE series was spent on Knuckles's family drama. The fact that it took until issue #25 for Knuckles to finally meet his father (and this is not counting the specials and several issues of backup strips in StH) was particularly jarring. Also, I found the first 'Mobius: 25 Years Later' arc mind numbingly dull. It really was just people sitting around and talking for several issues -- mostly Julie-Su and Sally complaining about their husbands, which was pretty tedious to read. I found subsequent future stories more interesting by far, but Flynn wrote the lion's share of them, so go figure. The whole series has improved dramatically since he took over.

I will admit, I'm quite annoyed with what Penders has forced Archie to do with the series now too, with the whole genesis wave 2. Don't get me wrong, I fully expect Flynn to make the best of it and, so far, I'm impressed, but it would have been nice to see some of the pre-Worlds Collide loose ends tied up. And I'm really going to miss Elias. I think he had more character development in the series than anyone and it's a real shame that we'll probably never see him again. And all for what? So Penders can produce this atrocious StH style echidnas desperately pretending to not be StH style echidnas series...?

I think I feel immense pity for the man. He needs to get over himself. Badly.

Oh yes, in case anyone's wondering, I'm not new; I used to be Eon.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think he made some really memorable characters and the expanded universe he built around Knuckles was pretty interesting. However, I also really felt that a bit too much time in the KtE series was spent on Knuckles's family drama. The fact that it took until issue #25 for Knuckles to finally meet his father (and this is not counting the specials and several issues of backup strips in StH) was particularly jarring. Also, I found the first 'Mobius: 25 Years Later' arc mind numbingly dull. It really was just people sitting around and talking for several issues -- mostly Julie-Su and Sally complaining about their husbands, which was pretty tedious to read. I found subsequent future stories more interesting by far, but Flynn wrote the lion's share of them, so go figure. The whole series has improved dramatically since he took over.

It must've been agony to read that all monthly. Slow pacing is one thing when applied to a weekly series, or going back and reading them, but monthly? Pfft, I'd rather read a month's worth of Bleach than go through that.

It must've been agony to read that all monthly. Slow pacing is one thing when applied to a weekly series, or going back and reading them, but monthly? Pfft, I'd rather read a month's worth of Bleach than go through that.

Honestly, if I'd been reading it monthly, this might have been where I'd seriously consider giving up. And I'd have been so wrong to do so, given how much better it got in the end.

EDIT: I think, the one saving grace of the original 'Mobius: 25 Years Later' arc was that it was a backup strip, so there was still a main story to enjoy. Then again, being a backup strip meant it took forever, because the page allocation was smaller. I even felt that way and I was reading at a rate of several issues a day, not one issue a month!

Oh yes, in case anyone's wondering, I'm not new; I used to be Eon.

Where da fek have you been?

Where da fek have you been?

See, there's this thing called life. It kinda happened to me. A lot. And forums just stopped being important for a long while. Then I started getting back into Sonic and wanted to come back. So, voila.