Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

2 hours ago, Neon Zephyr said:

Ah. I missed that. Still tone-deaf in my opinion.

Also, it really bugs me how he says he "discovered" details he's coming up with as he goes. It makes it sound like he's trying to sound more important. (Par for the course, I know, but still.) Especially when it contradicts things he has said in the past. Didn't he forget that he confirmed that Kragok's son was Remington years ago?

Aye, he did indeed forget that the detail originated with him and not Ian Flynn. The 'discovered' thing is all the more ludicrous when you recall that he has claimed he always had things planned out from the start. It only highlights just how unprepared he is and how little thought he put into any of this.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

And much like CGI in live-action films, if the stock photos don't blend in well with the art, it ends up looking incredibly cheap and distracting.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Nice Smile 1

.....he's aware he's making a comic and not a film, right?

20 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

No. Ken see's comics as a stepping stone to movies. He's not in it for the passion of telling a story, he wants that Hollywood dough.

• Thumbs Up 7

Maybe it's all about that thing about making the comics into something "more" than usual comics he got in mind when he made that CGI film comparison. Wasn't he having voicing things for this project or something?

That'd make the tweet "sound" a bit more understandable I suppose.

A not particularly shocking comparison for him to make, given that he's asserted that the DEEPLY amateurish green-screening from THIS is on-par with what Hollywood puts out.

Not much else that can be said though- he's been using photographed backgrounds since his time on Sonic and used them heavily in the Lost Ones comic as well. His attempt to compare what he does to actual CGI used in movies is little more than a transparent justification for a cheap, lazy time saving measure that spares him the effort of having to actually draw a proper background. 

• Thumbs Up 5

6 hours ago, Zaysho said:

No, Ken likes to live in a delusion where he thinks his works will gain him a media empire.

Shit maybe Ken has the phantom ruby? it would make allot of his insanity more sense.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, goku262002 said:

No, Ken likes to live in a delusion where he thinks his works will gain him a media empire.

Shit maybe Ken has the phantom ruby? it would make allot of his insanity more sense.

Does he use the Phantom Ruby so poorly that the illusion affects only himself?

edit: Or maybe that’s the Orb of Confusion I’m thinking of.

Edited by SenEDDtor Missile
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 4

I'm pretty certain Ken knows exactly how bad this stuff looks, but when you've got an excuse as good as his cooked up, you can be so much more lazy with making material.  However, call it a hunch, but I highly doubt that's enough effort in making a comic that become popular enough to warrant a studio's begging for rights like he very likely has planned.  There's simply not enough passion on display here for me to believe he's not single minded in just wanting fat wads of movie money, yet he doesn't seem to understand that if you want something to be a success, let alone adapted into a film, then you need passion and effort to make that a reality somehow.  Guess he didn't get the memo.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

On 30/11/2017 at 11:47 PM, Neon Zephyr said:

Ah. I missed that. Still tone-deaf in my opinion.

Also, it really bugs me how he says he "discovered" details he's coming up with as he goes. It makes it sound like he's trying to sound more important. (Par for the course, I know, but still.) Especially when it contradicts things he has said in the past. Didn't he forget that he confirmed that Kragok's son was Remington years ago?

yeah, my bad, but also with the fact that he says that the M25YL originated as a comic that was sold to customers that included kids (when Archie Sonic was still there) and then he seems intent on leading ito  something like the watchman

14 hours ago, Tylinos said:

And much like CGI in live-action films, if the stock photos don't blend in well with the art, it ends up looking incredibly cheap and distracting.

There are time when CGI in movies that look great with the right effort and there are those that don't

On 11/29/2017 at 2:17 AM, therealfalconpawnch77 said:

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/935758213269647361 So here's something interesting actually. Some roughs of a cover using the original art Ken had posted. There's Knuckles of course, but more surprisingly Kragok is there. EDIT: Just noticed Knuckles has a robot hand.

Huh, oh hey, it's Lien-Da's brother! Or is it FrostLegion!Remington? 

On 11/30/2017 at 6:42 AM, Tylinos said:

It was from back in October:

Can I just say that the wording on that first tweet doesn't really add up properly?

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Huh, oh hey, it's Lien-Da's brother! Or is it FrostLegion!Remington? 

Got it the first time- tis Kragok, having now traded in his old model robo claw for a deformed cucumber with prongs. Oddly enough, this makes him the only character of Penders' to not receive an extensive redesign so far, wart-ridden claw aside. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

8 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Now that I'm looking at it again, who is that supposed to be in the background?

DPxd9rcX0AERVNu.jpg

Lien-Da, Dimitri, Kragok, and some random Dark Legionnaire with a jetpack of some sort. 

You can be forgiven for not recognizing Dimitri.

DimitriFR1.jpg

His redesign is perhaps the most radical and divergent of the lot. To say nothing of gaudy. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

40 minutes ago, horridus said:

Lien-Da, Dimitri, Kragok, and some random Dark Legionnaire with a jetpack of some sort. 

You can be forgiven for not recognizing Dimitri.

DimitriFR1.jpg

His redesign is perhaps the most radical and divergent of the lot. To say nothing of gaudy. 

Oh no, i remember Dimitri's promo image from back when this thing was first really getting advertised.

And yes, he looks positively overbright.

I should've specifiied the guy with the jetpack.

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/938565945462636544

so apparently Ken recently showed one of his translated pages of the Mobius 25YL story (the last story of that particular series before he left and Flynn took over) I wouldn't really call translating a comic into a different language a big thing or a considerable milestone- especially considering-again- that it was already made.

Another thing i want to say is that i beleive that i actually got the original issue of that issue, and i don't beleive that the title was presented in that wierd sci-fi format. And also, you can notice , especially without zooming in, that  you can see that the background of the text doesn't match with the rest of the title box. You don't really see any obvious signs of it with the rest though, without zooming

If i recall correctly, the original version of archie did have names from Sonic, includes robotnik (Robotnik's tachyon chamber)

• Thumbs Up 1

*shakes head* Pathetic. There's no other word that really comes to mind other than pathetic. Granted, that word aptly describes the entirety of this endeavor, but this in particular is really deserving of that label. Lazy, amateurish, and in the face of his screaming about the sanctity of copyright it's *heinously* hypocritcal on at least two fronts- not only is that not his character, but that artwork isn't his either. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

So, should we tell on him or something?

No. He hasn't listened to any of the other people who have pointed out the shoddy and legally dubious nature of what he's doing, ever, and he isn't about to change now. If that nitwit insists on doing this, then leave him to this embarrassment. This is the hill he's chosen to die on, so, let him. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

Just now, horridus said:

No. He hasn't listened to any of the other people who have pointed out the shoddy and legally dubious nature of what he's doing, ever, and he isn't about to change now. If that nitwit insists on doing this, then leave him to this embarrassment. This is the hill he's chosen to die on, so, let him. 

I meant reporting him to SEGA.