Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

7 minutes ago, Tenko said:

I avoid any and all fan work.

Please share your fan work with me....

He also only wants it if it's emailed to him, and not in public view on Twitter. Funny that. Maybe I'm a little cynical..

Maybe you're blatant stinka..

Or, translated out of PR-speak: Elsewhere is where Ken will place any content that could potentially infringe on Sega's trademarks, so that he can use the excuse that it's only in a completely free app rather than the paid main app.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1

He's got an IKEA app? Or at least someone whose thing he's using for marketing purposes?

Gee, no wonder he wanted to translate in Swedish... B)

• Chuckle 2

Ah, so he's finally releasing something? That's good.

The fact that it's essentially supplementary information for the real story is actually kinda smart.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

The fact that it's essentially supplementary information for the real story is actually kinda smart.

It is...?

4 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

It is...?

Well, if I was about to release a series that is reliant on having it's roots(and a good chunk of the stem) in a shit ton of lore established in a previous medium, a supplementary guide would be neat thing to release first so fans can get a refresher on what type of backstory they need to brush up on and "wet newcumers appetites" as it were.

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Well, if I was about to release a series that is reliant on having it's roots(and a good chunk of the stem) in a shit ton of lore established in a previous medium, a supplementary guide would be neat thing to release first so fans can get a refresher on what type of backstory they need to brush up on and "wet newcumers appetites" as it were.

No I get that. Won't I don't get is why it would need a whole app to itself.

...oh wait, that wasn't what you said. Nevermind.

16 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

What I don't get is why it would need a whole app to itself.

...oh wait, that wasn't what you said. Nevermind.

Nah, it's fine.

And it's probably because it's a fuckin lot, assuming it isn't just old comic scans.

Though I suppose "Supply meeting demand" could also be a factor.

And we have a teeensy weensy update from our good buddy- a bit of art, wherein we see the return of EVERYONE'S favorite echidna, Cobar! 

How utterly not surprising- ANOTHER goddamned tunic! 

But yeah, evidently that's Cobar... you know, the wrinkly ass Echidna who was supposedly Rotor's lover in 25YL? Evidently this little continuity reboot has been very kind to him...

Sooo yeah. That is a thing. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Well, his art isn't as ugly when he doesn't try to use his horrible shading. If he just used some flat shadows (and a better choice of colours), it would way better…

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 4

Why is that Echyd N'ya bitch always posing? Just stop flashing your alien ass and legs for a second, String Bikini Mistress. Penders art style makes the implied hotness an impossibility. 

1 hour ago, Kazhnuz said:

Well, his art isn't as ugly when he doesn't try to use his horrible shading. If he just used some flat shadows (and a better choice of colours), it would way better…

Yeah, its one of those things I REALLY don't understand about Penders- his art is significantly better before he digitally inks and colors them in, in particular when he starts his ridiculous ass shading process that makes everything look like a glazed, wrinkled ham. Not that I'd call it 'good', but at least it isn't a total eyesore. 

32 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Why is that Echyd N'ya bitch always posing? Just stop flashing your alien ass and legs for a second, String Bikini Mistress. Penders art style makes the implied hotness an impossibility. 

Well, clearly YOU know nothing of feminism, you little cretin. Luckily St. Penders is here to enlighten your soul with his progressive feminist ways, and why those things make a teenager parading around in skimpy swimwear essential. 

In all seriousness though, its weird and kind of nauseating. Like, the conversation implies that Serious Business is going on, and yet its like she's trying to be coquettish even as she has this serious conversation. There's no reason for the outfit or the pose, yet it is insisted upon. The nausea sets in when you recall that Lara-Su was originally 16... she's been aged up to 18, but its still kind of ooky given Penders' insistence that this is his 'true vision' and all that crap. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

4 hours ago, horridus said:

And we have a teeensy weensy update from our good buddy- a bit of art, wherein we see the return of EVERYONE'S favorite echidna, Cobar! 

But yeah, evidently that's Cobar... you know, the wrinkly ass Echidna who was supposedly Rotor's lover in 25YL? Evidently this little continuity reboot has been very kind to him...

Wow, looking at this pic, i knew before his artwork was bad, but i never knew how much of a turn off Lara-Su's head is, like he should have just made the head into more like a pug (or a corgi) and it would be a definite improvement. And "quantity", isn't that suppose to be "quality" I would have thought that seeing as though he spent time trying to get that thing translated into different languages that he would make it correct first in the language he knows first, or else he'll have to correct ALL the language versions? Another thing i note is that Cobar isn't as wrinkly as previously.

(P.S. please don't tell Ken Penders about the mistake, i hope it gives him embarrassment) 

(Also, i know that this note might breach a bit of the border and sorry in advance, Cobar's eye thing is a bit like the eyes of the cybernized Conquering Storm- though it might be a coincidence)

13 minutes ago, horridus said:

Yeah, its one of those things I REALLY don't understand about Penders- his art is significantly better before he digitally inks and colors them in, in particular when he starts his ridiculous ass shading process that makes everything look like a glazed, wrinkled ham. Not that I'd call it 'good', but at least it isn't a total eyesore. 

Well, clearly YOU know nothing of feminism, you little cretin. Luckily St. Penders is here to enlighten your soul with his progressive feminist ways, and why those things make a teenager parading around in skimpy swimwear essential. 

The irony was that (whether or not was true) that he complained that Steven Butler's inking didn't give it quality 

13 minutes ago, horridus said:

In all seriousness though, its weird and kind of nauseating. Like, the conversation implies that Serious Business is going on, and yet its like she's trying to be coquettish even as she has this serious conversation. There's no reason for the outfit or the pose, yet it is insisted upon. The nausea sets in when you recall that Lara-Su was originally 16... she's been aged up to 18, but its still kind of ooky given Penders' insistence that this is his 'true vision' and all that crap. 

Though it could be a pool party which was usual in Sonic 25YL, which was a really relevant plot point in the story-line =P

Edited by Sidronas
made it better

1 hour ago, Sidronas said:

And "quantity", isn't that suppose to be "quality" I would have thought that seeing as though he spent time trying to get that thing translated into different languages that he would make it correct first in the language he knows first, or else he'll have to correct ALL the language versions?

I just wanted to clarify that "unknown quantity" is correct; it's a standard phrase used to suggest that something isn't understood in terms of how it contributes to a situation - like if a recipe called for salt, but didn't specify how much, with potentially radically different results to the prepared meal.  You could think of it as a milder or vaguer version of the "wild card."

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Nice Smile 1

15 hours ago, horridus said:

You know, if it wasn't for Lara-Su, I'd actually say this early panel looks good.

But yeah, funny how Cobar got Nigel'd into looking like a second Locke.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed: Why does it look like their in an MC Esher set made of trailing Windows error messages?

13 hours ago, Kazhnuz said:

Yeah, seriously. That crimson shade just does not look good with that shade of pink/lavender.

12 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

10 hours ago, horridus said:

The funny thing about that is that it almost looks like a subtle hint of character: there they are talking about her place of relevance regarding some sort of political matter and yet she's facing backward on a [dentist's?] seat, laying belly down and kicking her leg like she's a tween at a slumber party.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why is he floating?

EDIT: waitafuckingminute is that a sentence...WITHOUT an exclimation point at the end??

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Ernest-Panda said:

Why is he floating?

I assume that its because the background hasn't been drawn/pasted in yet. Unless  this really IS meant to take place in a white void of nothingness.... 

Just now, horridus said:

I assume that its because the background hasn't been drawn/pasted in yet. Unless  this really IS meant to take place in a white void of nothingness.... 

If it's a lack of background, that brings me to another question:

Why does he appear to be standing completely upright on a slope?

• Thumbs Up 1

I nearly threw up when I saw the artwork of this stuff. I am sorry but I am in shock Penders actually thinks it looks good. Like does his family just not tell him it looks like trash? Horrible horrible stuff.

To clarify, that image is meant to have a transparent background. That weird stuff goes away when you click on it.

Nonetheless...

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, DabigRG said:

The funny thing about that is that it almost looks like a subtle hint of character: there they are talking about her place of relevance regarding some sort of political matter and yet she's facing backward on a [dentist's?] seat, laying belly down and kicking her leg like she's a tween at a slumber party.

Funny you mention slumber parties:

20180322A.jpg

That reclining seat reminds me of a discussion from the ol' Kay-Pii For'm over a decade ago, where someone asked about the exact nature of Knuckles' and Julie-Su's relationship in 25YL. It ended with BobR saying that Lara-Su would probably require the need of a psychiatrist.

• Thumbs Up 8

2 minutes ago, Paul-Agnew said:

20180322A.jpg

Penders feminism: where you say you are being progressive with your female characters, but they don't do anything productive.

• Thumbs Up 1

So... who wants some mildly effective eyebleach?

2usvgib.jpg

So a year or two ago, probably longer, I don't know... I posted some concept scribbles of my version of what Lara-Su and co would look like as actual aliens, but I never did a proper full coloured image. Well, after half a year of sitting on my to do pile, here is a version of Lara that is wearing clothes. Comfy, practical clothes. Just the way my out of touch feminism likes it.

2 hours ago, Paul-Agnew said:

20180322A.jpg

On a more serious note, the more I look at Lara's hair, the more I'm convinced it's a bad wig especially after looking at the old design. Just terrible colours all around too.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Nice Smile 1