Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

3 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

Yes:

While I get the feeling he was trying to say something about how the story was changed to accommodate her not being portrayed by an Asian actress, he did a terrible job of wording himself there.

Yeah, he definitely needs to be more careful with how he states things, especially since Major was Asian in the anime, so people might take as him supporting "whitewashing" in the movie industry.

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Or how Julie Su did not do much action during M25YL. 

Who did ANY action during M25YL? 

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Yeah, I think commissioned by someone ti make an art piece of Lien-da with big emphasis on her feet.

...Huh. That's...hm....

And yeah, that Hilary vs Trump commentary was pretty random.

19 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

In truth, nobody. It is however still telling that when the story FINALLY picked up and Sonic, Tails and Knuckles headed out to find the time machine, neither Julie nor Sally partook in it, nor was the possibility of them helping even mentioned. Likewise, neither Julie nor Sally were clued in to the problems engulfing Mobius, with their husbands exclusively investigating and concocting a solution for the problem. So somehow, they got a double dosage of Nothing. Despite Penders swearing up and down that Julie would still be badass despite the years that had passed.... lord almighty that godforsaken storyline was a waste. 

19 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

...Huh. That's...hm....

Again- it wasn't 'commission', it was a prize for a raffle. The person who won asked for that, and Penders delivered. Initially he was very upfront about what it was, and it was good of him that he didn't welch on the conditions of the raffle. 

Then, very stupidly, he suddenly tried to justify it as a political allegory for the 2016 election, and thus created a fiasco... 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:
3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

That game of volleyball in the pool was pretty action packed. Moving, jumping, hitting things.. Soni- oh, I mean.. The King even tried to drown his son!

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

And yeah, that Hilary vs Trump commentary was pretty random.

I know the guy that won it. I can guarantee there is no political meaning on his part. Not that there's anything wrong with that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Razule said:

That game of volleyball in the pool was pretty action packed. Moving, jumping, hitting things.. Soni- oh, I mean.. The King even tried to drown his son!

A pity he did not succeed.

• My Emmerdoods 1

Welp. What can really be said? Brownie's face is inconsistent, Geoff's head looks like a mass of tumors, the 'background' is just a gradient fill, and that picture of K'noxoff is just the same picture we've seen of him, only copypasted and shrunk down to fit that Ipad. 

Also, goes without saying, but that shading and lighting is ugly as sin. Good lordy loo, what a mess.  

• Thumbs Up 5

16 hours ago, horridus said:

A pity he did not succeed.

Woah, calm down there, Frieza.

9 hours ago, Tylinos said:

While there's a lot of, uh, interesting art to unpack in this image, I'd like to direct everyone's attention to Geoffrey's face in particular.

Enjoy your nightmares.

(I also like how it's not even remotely consistent with how Geoffrey looked in the last picture of him Ken released only a few days ago.  But I'm sure Ken would just try and say that's intentional.)

Is this the Lara-Su Chronicles or a modelswap of A New Frontier?

8 hours ago, horridus said:

Welp. What can really be said? Brownie's face is inconsistent, Geoff's head looks like a mass of tumors, the 'background' is just a gradient fill, and that picture of K'noxoff is just the same picture we've seen of him, only copypasted and shrunk down to fit that Ipad. 

Also, goes without saying, but that shading and lighting is ugly as sin. Good lordy loo, what a mess.  

Brownie? Really?

31 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Remington will get Geoffrey to pay for that Pizza!

Wait, that's supposed to be Remington?

20 minutes ago, Razule said:

Well.. Remington doesn't look like he's holding an invisible box of pizza anymore.

Well yeah because Geoffrey already took it and didn't pay.

23 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Brownie? Really?

Yep. Her name is Ensign Brownie. If it weren't for the fact that I *know* Penders owns Hershey I'd almost wonder if she was meant as a Legally Distinct stand-in. 

Evidently she is a shapeshifter of some kind, given that her eyes, fur pattern and lips are different within the span of at best a few pages- 

tumblr_p7b43jsIfZ1s3syw5o2_r1_400.png

Twelve years. Twelve years this man spent as a writer and artist for a comic book published by a major company, and he can't even maintain a consistent design for a few pages. He expects people to pay money for work of a similar quality  should he ever actually release his damn book. Good God almighty. 

• Thumbs Up 7

1 hour ago, horridus said:

Yep. Her name is Ensign Brownie. If it weren't for the fact that I *know* Penders owns Hershey I'd almost wonder if she was meant as a Legally Distinct stand-in. 

That could also be a reflection of the fact that Geoffrey and Hershey getting married at gunpoint was a Karl Bollers thing.

But then I remembered the Girls Special and/or at least one line where Geoffrey referred to her as his Protege.

1 hour ago, horridus said:

Evidently she is a shapeshifter of some kind, given that her eyes, fur pattern and lips are different within the span of at best a few pages- 

tumblr_p7b43jsIfZ1s3syw5o2_r1_400.png

Twelve years. Twelve years this man spent as a writer and artist for a comic book published by a major company, and he can't even maintain a consistent design for a few pages. He expects people to pay money for work of a similar quality  should he ever actually release his damn book. Good God almighty. 

If it weren't for the lipstick(and the established track record), I'd be willing to go along the idea that she's supposed to be in shock[ing realization] about something.

4 hours ago, horridus said:

"Ensign"? Isn't that a naval term? I mean I know he's just referencing Star Trek but like that's a naval term.

This makes about as much sense as a non mobile fortress needing a helmsman. 

Just now, SBR2 said:

"Ensign"? Isn't that a naval term? I mean I know he's just referencing Star Trek but like that's a naval term.

Considering he’s basically ripping off Star Trek, I doubt he gives a toss.

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

If it weren't for the lipstick(and the established track record), I'd be willing to go along the idea that she's supposed to be in shock[ing realization] about something.

The lipstick. The fact her eyes are completely different. The fact the fur pattern around her face and muzzle has changed.... girl was so shocked her facial features reconfigured themselves. 

It seriously makes me wonder if he's only drawing these things within the day he releases them, and that because he spends so much time in between giving these 'tidbits' it means his style keeps changing. 

37 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Aye, it is indeed a naval term. One would think a former army man (even if he was just a technical artist) would at least be able to know the difference between a naval rank and an army rank, but as SenEDDtor Missile pointed out, the need to copy Star Trek compels him. To the point where he'd ignore the context of why Starfleet uses naval ranks. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Then again, the Dark Legion had Grandmasters (Which is either chess oriented, a leader of a small order or knights, or a leader of the KKK, which is American), Kommissar (Russian roots) and Legionnaires (Roman or the French Foreign Legion), is it really any surprise he doesn’t really pay much attention to such things? Then again I suppose he would try to retcon this to make it seem like the Dark Legion were Communist Nazis that were also KKK grandmasters and were also French cowards as an allegory or something.

2 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

Then again, the Dark Legion had Grandmasters (Which is either chess oriented, a leader of a small order or knights, or a leader of the KKK, which is American), Kommissar (German roots) and Legionnaires (Roman or the French Foreign Legion), is it really any surprise he doesn’t really pay much attention to such things? Then again I suppose he would try to retcon this to make it seem like the Dark Legion were the bastard child of Nazi  Germans that were also KKK grandmasters and were also French cowards as an allegory or something.

Nah, the KKK doesn't use Grandmasters- Grand Wizards, Grand Dragons, Grand Cyclops, sure, but no 'Grandmasters'. 

Having said that, it still sticks out here because Penders has insisted that this is Super Serious Hard Science Fiction Story, which requires a tad more effort than a children's comic meant to sell things to children. Its more forgivable in Sonic because the standards for worldbuilding aren't as stringent there as what it should be in LSC, at least in theory. Course, if he actually understood what 'Hard Science Fiction' means he wouldn't be using Earth ranks at all, nor would he be using 'aliens' that are bluntly anthropomorphic wildlife... 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, horridus said:

Nah, the KKK doesn't use Grandmasters- Grand Wizards, Grand Dragons, Grand Cyclops, sure, but no 'Grandmasters'. 

Having said that, it still sticks out here because Penders has insisted that this is Super Serious Hard Science Fiction Story, which requires a tad more effort than a children's comic meant to sell things to children. Its more forgivable in Sonic because the standards for worldbuilding aren't as stringent there as what it should be in LSC, at least in theory. Course, if he actually understood what 'Hard Science Fiction' means he wouldn't be using Earth ranks at all, nor would he be using 'aliens' that are bluntly anthropomorphic wildlife... 

Ah right, they were hokey pokey master magic users. I just remembered that KKK had grand something, just not what specifically. Also I found out Kommissar has Russian roots not German. My buck teeth Avatar is apt.

19 hours ago, Tylinos said:

While there's a lot of, uh, interesting art to unpack in this image, I'd like to direct everyone's attention to Geoffrey's face in particular.

Enjoy your nightmares.

(I also like how it's not even remotely consistent with how Geoffrey looked in the last picture of him Ken released only a few days ago.  But I'm sure Ken would just try and say that's intentional.)

Oh holy moly!

Jesus Christ, Mary, and Joseph too!

Merging with Ixis Naugus really fucked up your body Geoffrey!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 3

20 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Oh holy moly!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

1 hour ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Oh holy moly!

Nah that didn't happen because Ken didn't write it.