Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Apologies for the double post- small time update regarding the progress of the App. To the shock of no-one really, its still not ready yet.

Soo yeah, basically just a bunch of meaningless busywork designed to give the impression that he's actually hard of work. In addition to that, he's also got a bit of good news!

Well Ken, if two people who work for Disney (without any specification as to the exact capacity in which they work for Disney) said that, it MUST be a good sign. 

Much like the last time he used this exact set of words, I do not doubt that they said exactly that. Not oooone bit. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

Oh God this is still a thing? Like really? I completely forgot about the miss-adventures of Ken Penders and his crazy Lara-Su project. He seriously only got 1 page done over the course of like seven years? What does else does this guy even do? And did he seriously name Knuckles "K'Nox"? 

" I showed it to my friends and they liked it. You don't know them they work at Disney."

• Nice Smile 1

3 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

" I showed it to my friends and they liked it. You don't know them they work at Disney."

A security guard or an accountant or a actual artist can work at Disney.

Who did he show it to?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

A security guard or an accountant or a actual artist can work at Disney.

Who did he show it to?

Some Goof, probably.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 2

Now, bear in mind that they did say they'd "never seen anything like it."

That's not necessarily a compliment.

• Promotion 1

11 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Some Goof, probably.

Was there any Hyuk-king involved and unintelligible screams of rage from a blue wearing duck?

• Nice Smile 1

Not a 'real' update, but evidently Penders has decided to show he's been busy at Sonic Revolution. 

Sooo yeah, have a bland picture of an expressionless Lien-Da. 

As well as more hyping of the App, can't forget that part of the equation-

Yeeah, Ken, if they say the exact same thing EACH time? They're either being polite to you, or you're making things up. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

26 minutes ago, horridus said:

Yeeah, Ken, if they say the exact same thing EACH time? They're either being polite to you, or you're making things up. 

Wait, is the app out?

28 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Wait, is the app out?

I don't think so, no. Would have been some form of announcement if it were.

50 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Wait, is the app out?

It isn't. Currently the App... prototype or WIP or whatever it is, it's currently on HIS phone. Basically he invites people to look at it, on his phone. 

His tweet about the app... lol. This thread is a laugh riot, I just can't help but to laugh at Penders and his silly antics. 

He took the app to Sonic Revolution (A Sonic themed con) and the app got praise? What a liar. Why do they keep inviting this hack?

• Thumbs Up 3

So one of my Facebook friends was there and they saw the app. They said there was audio voiceover.

It's been at least 4 years, does anyone knows how Penders pays for all of this? I'm curious, I wasn't aware you can live of denial.

• Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, Adamis said:

That is none of our business.

Do you think he combed his mustache while he still had it? Is that a thing people do?

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

It's been at least 4 years, does anyone knows how Penders pays for all of this? I'm curious, I wasn't aware you can live of denial.

Maybe his wife has money? I assume he's married because I know he has kids.

8 hours ago, Adamis said:

That is none of our business.

Agreed. Much as I do believe that Penders is a total hack and that his works are laughable a lot of the time (see my avatar), I just don't get the point of this thread or the endless abuse he faces on Twitter. Not everything is outwardly abusive or obviously bullying, but it's mob mentality where everyone is ganging up on him and being generally unpleasant and cruel. Stop giving the guy such attention. Can't we just move on and let him do his thing? Ignore him. All that I see is Penders posting examples of his work with preying fans eager to tear it to shreds, or people grilling and chastising him with unnecessary accusations and questions. And his personal affairs should left out of the discussion entirely. 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1

On 6/11/2018 at 8:23 AM, horridus said:

Not a 'real' update, but evidently Penders has decided to show he's been busy at Sonic Revolution. 

Sooo yeah, have a bland picture of an expressionless Lien-Da. 

Exactly, like i think that he is taking advantage of people being polite. They may not like it but it would be seen as disrespectful by everyone there. And besides, i am not nsure, but isn't it usually the fans themselves that can say accolades of it, like "Pc's best shooter of the year" or blockbuser - by A. Guy ?

3 hours ago, horridus said:

Actually Aaron Webber was there.

Yeah, this guy just knows to burn bridges. Ian Flynn is much better in the social/professional behavior.

And yeah, I've never seen Penders take criticism, never! At least Ian Flynn accepts the criticism and works to be better than before on his stories.

Here Penders complains about the film's budget (only 7 million??? Heck I'd have done it better).

But he didnt read everything, 7 million was only for the shooting in one of the locations. Actually, the whole budget is 90 millions.

Then someone makes him understand that it's only for that one location, then he complains about why they announce it for that one specific location.

"THESE JERKS ANNOUNCE THE BUDGET OF 1 LOCATION??!. PFFFTT, HOW IN THE WORLD WOULD THEY DO THAT, WHY???? BACK WHEN I HAD MY MOVIE PROJECT...." (sarcasm, satire)

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, horridus said:

I'm not sure how much longer this thread can go before its officially just going through the motions.

Well, it's certainly going through the motions unofficially. Everything you say there is true, though.

• Nice Smile 1

On 6/16/2018 at 2:16 AM, horridus said:

The point of the thread, at least, is to observe his progress in this project and see where the end is in all of this. For many, something near and dear died so that this project could exist, and at the very least there is the desire to see what was so all-fired important that it justified a comic they loved, one with years of investment, being gutted and rebooted in order to appease this man's 'true' vision for his characters. Likewise, this thread also serves to provide a bit of context regarding how we got to this point and to at least try and provide more accurate information regarding the trial and Penders own actions/career leading up to it and after it, given that Penders himself has been caught repeatedly lying about his accomplishments or muddling information towards that end. 

Regarding his issues on twitter though- stuff like this tends to be the direct cause of it.

Namely the fact that despite his claims to the contrary, Penders cannot help but pull crap like this- he cannot help but needle his former employers AND the people who currently hold the Sonic license, nor stop himself from behaving like this at every possible opportunity. This man is not simply a hack writer with delusions of grandeur- he's a very malicious, childish individual who demands praise for putting in as little effort as possible in his project while trying to paint himself as the High Holy Savior of the Sonic franchise despite that fact being demonstrably false on a number of levels.

You're quite correct that he garners a lot of harsh responses. Likewise you are correct that discussing his personal life or speculating as such is quite unacceptable. That being said though, this man brings every last inch of the criticism he faces on himself, largely because of how he responds to said criticism. Whether its harsh and blunt or politely disagreeing, Penders absolutely, completely, totally refuses to hear anything less than lavish praise of him and his work. Its been that way for a while now. Even now he's acting like a petulant child because the Sonic movie is happening without him, obsessing over it and screaming to the heavens, all carrying the not so subtle implication that it'd be better if HE was doing it. Penders was always going to attract a certain level of vitriol, but the reality is that a tremendous portion of it is his own damn fault. He would save himself a great deal of grief if he would simply put up, shut up and get on with his life. That he has not moved past behaving like a spiteful machild in all the years that have passed since he announced this endeavor is entirely his own fault, as is his inability to handle himself diplomatically. 

Having said all that, you are correct that at times, the point of having this thread seems increasingly fraught. At the rate things are going there's not a lot else that can really be said by this point. Sooner rather than later it will be 2020, and it is increasingly apparent that there will be no release within that time, and that his actual level of dedication to finishing this within his lifetime is increasingly nebulous looking. Not even the excuse that he is going it alone can cushion the fact that for all the time he has had since this started, there is precious little to really show for it. Even that App he keeps trying to hype only exists within his own phone. 

There's really only so many ways we can point out the flaws in this work, and I'm not sure how much longer this thread can go before its officially just going through the motions. A shame, because I do think there is a point to this thread in that it allows people who lost something they loved in the name of this man's ambitions to at least try and get a bit of closure over it, but it would seem that Penders staggering incompetence will deny them even that. 

....aaand ah, having said all that- another teensy little art update. 

Hello again, photographed backgrounds. You were not missed. I must also confess to finding it grimly amusing that he's decided to make this update all about the human co-star of this project, given that he decried the details of the Sonic movie and the Cop Buddy. It'd be a legitimate complaint, natch, if he wasn't also doing the same kind of thing in his own work. 

i think its just me, but that ship looks similar to Spock's ship in the JJ Abram's Star ship, the only difference besides the colour it looks like it does not spin on around its "core".

And as for his "insight" to the sonic movie, i know a lot of people are cynical about it, but it shouldn't be warranted mentioning it, it just shows that he is not capable of moving on- not to mention he did something similar in Sonic Live but for comic books. And im not surprised and also disappointed that he has shown disdain to the thought of someone else making a Sonic movie without him- and he even insulted another person who had hoped to make a Sonic movie. I unfortunately saw that trailer and going as it is, that was a really terrible trailer- especially since he tried to insert himself into it.

As for the film developers, maybe they were more focused on actually getting the film done, like, they would have spent more time and commitment than just making constant tweets, spending time on netflix and films.

Edited by Sidronas
added
  • Thumbs Up 1