Spoiler

Here's a real treat:
tumblr_inline_ohflsdSNMA1svg1vl_500.png

(credit to: gamerphobic)

HAHA WHAT THE FUCK KEN

THAT'S NOT AN EXCUSE

AH SHIT THAT'S LIKE ONE YEAR OLD

IGNORE THIS SHIT

A drawing of "Lara-Su" and her...living Pee-Wee's Playhouse flower?

...anybody have any idea what that is supposed to be?

Diu7COIVQAAUcXG.jpg

An attempt at a cute thing possibly for the merch potential.

I always thought our fandom had a decent gender split for a video game series although I suppose he would be coming from a comics perspective and basing it on things like the princess sally miniseries that didn't sell well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I think he might just be saying that of the non-Sonic fans who have shown interest, most are female, rather than how the Sonic fans add up.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

8 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

Diu7COIVQAAUcXG.jpg

Lara-Urkel.

1 hour ago, Rabid-Coot said:

An attempt at a cute thing possibly for the merch potential.

Well, my eyes kinda struggling to wrap my head around that "cute" thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Lara-Urkel.

Well, my eyes kinda struggling to wrap my head around that "cute" thing.

Try to think of it like it was done by a better artist.

Just now, Rabid-Coot said:

Try to think of it like it was done by a better artist.

I'm still trying to decide how many eyes it's supposed to have and how each is supposed to look.

Also, it'd likely look stoned regardless.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/24/2018 at 1:59 AM, Promethean0416 said:

Diu7COIVQAAUcXG.jpg

I have a big feeling that its probably inspired by that Tribble race from Star Trek, which he is a huge fan of.

Edit: To tell you the truth, the "pet" does feel out of place, it looks like it belongs to something else that is not adult oriented. And the pet was an experimental, and they let her have it?

In regards to him doing those sketch commissions, i don't really understand it in concept though, like you're expecting to know what to draw, and you can't be expected to remember every comic character, and it could be sort of redundant if you make it look like a sketched cloned version of the source. Like i can understand if someone wants to make one of those sketches of the customers, but even if i did become a great artist, it seems like a double-edged sword, it's my personal opinion, no offense to people who are able to do that

• 3 weeks later...

For at least the tenth time now, Ken has announced a new release date for TLSC:

I'd really thought that he'd finally learned to not announce any dates until he's completely certain, but apparently not.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Chuckle 2

15 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

I'd really thought that he'd finally learned to not announce any dates until he's completely certain, but apparently not.

When will you learn that giving Penders ANY kind of benefit of the doubt is asking to be disappointed? 

Either way, not a whole lot to say. We've seen this song and dance before, and until something actually comes of it, all it amounts to is a lot of hot air. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 3

16 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

To be fair in this case, it's less announcing a date and more "we really want this time now."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

To be fair in this case, it's less announcing a date and more "we really want this time now."

Same difference. He's made claims like this before, multiple times, and has come up with squat, each and every time. There won't be a winter release, just like the last time there wasn't a winter release, or the summer release before that. 

• Thumbs Up 4

10 minutes ago, horridus said:

Same difference. He's made claims like this before, multiple times, and has come up with squat, each and every time. There won't be a winter release, just like the last time there wasn't a winter release, or the summer release before that. 

At this point I think only Chris Roberts and his Star Citizen project has more missed deadlines.

The only thing worse than waiting for this to just happen already is the knowledge that if it ever does, there will be six more waits like this for the remaining volumes.

Unless he decides to just release it Netflix-style all at once for binge reading, and that's what's taking so long. If he did that, I might even have to applaud the move.

• Nice Smile 1

That's the first time I hear about such a release date. I'm not even sure if he sent me all text to translate. Unless he just releases "The storm" first ?

• Nice Smile 1

Screenshot it and send it to him in January. Happy New Year Ken, you lied again.

Guys, cease, desist, zip it. How Penders' fans behave and their interactions with Ken is decidedly *not* within the purview of this thread. They are not to be discussed, mentioned, pointed out, or anything at all that involves them in this.

This discussion is about 25YL and only that, so let's move away from the fanboy before this thread winds up derailed and locked.  

• Thumbs Up 4

So I poked my head in and decided to clean up the last few posts. Nobody is in trouble, but I'd like to reiterate the point that horridus had brought up about not commenting on Penders's fans/family/whatnot.

Please just focus on his work and whether or not it's even coming out at this point (I'm not holding my breath and I stopped caring about a year ago). I don't think the thread is in any danger, since I don't think we've had a reason to put it up for review, but this is just a reminder not to drag random people into this regardless of their behavior.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Nice Smile 1

• 4 weeks later...

...why even bring this up if you just want to start trouble? There is no reason for this. The comments on it are especially frustrating. I swear this guy knows what he was doing when he posted it. 

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Too Many Rings 1

2 hours ago, chaosjam said:

...why even bring this up if you just want to start trouble? There is no reason for this. The comments on it are especially frustrating. I swear this guy knows what he was doing when he posted it. 

Damn, it took this long?