Spin Attaxx

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

22 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

I thought he said there wasn't going to be a proper book, just the app?

"Conventional mediums can not contain the scope of my greatness ideas," and all that.

Honestly, he's gone back and forth on the subject like, multiple times. I *think* he intends to start digital and go with a solid release later on down the road, but given how often his intended plan changes I'm not even sure anymore. 

Either way, not much else to do but sit back and see if he actually releases this or if it'll be yet another 'let people see it on MY phone/ipad' deal like its been the last few times. 

On 7/17/2018 at 5:18 AM, horridus said:

Well, getting away from all that and a bit more back on track...

We've another art update from Penders, this time of the new guy, Xero. 

DiP14WMVAAEsTXI.jpg:large

Not a lot that I can say about this that I haven't said before. It's less terrifyingly bad than a lot of his usual art, but once again, I say he'd be better off having someone else handle the digital coloring, inking and shading, cause he is just flat out no good at these things. 

Is it me, or are the tendrils/tentacles does not look as though it is a part of him and looks more like a prop that was glued together from the head?

An attempt at a cute thing possibly for the merch potential.

I always thought our fandom had a decent gender split for a video game series although I suppose he would be coming from a comics perspective and basing it on things like the princess sally miniseries that didn't sell well.

8 hours ago, Promethean0416 said:

A drawing of "Lara-Su" and her...living Pee-Wee's Playhouse flower?

...anybody have any idea what that is supposed to be?

Diu7COIVQAAUcXG.jpg

Lara-Urkel.

1 hour ago, Rabid-Coot said:

An attempt at a cute thing possibly for the merch potential.

Well, my eyes kinda struggling to wrap my head around that "cute" thing.

On 7/24/2018 at 1:59 AM, Promethean0416 said:

A drawing of "Lara-Su" and her...living Pee-Wee's Playhouse flower?

...anybody have any idea what that is supposed to be?

Diu7COIVQAAUcXG.jpg

I have a big feeling that its probably inspired by that Tribble race from Star Trek, which he is a huge fan of.

Edit: To tell you the truth, the "pet" does feel out of place, it looks like it belongs to something else that is not adult oriented. And the pet was an experimental, and they let her have it?

In regards to him doing those sketch commissions, i don't really understand it in concept though, like you're expecting to know what to draw, and you can't be expected to remember every comic character, and it could be sort of redundant if you make it look like a sketched cloned version of the source. Like i can understand if someone wants to make one of those sketches of the customers, but even if i did become a great artist, it seems like a double-edged sword, it's my personal opinion, no offense to people who are able to do that

15 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

For at least the tenth time now, Ken has announced a new release date for TLSC:

I'd really thought that he'd finally learned to not announce any dates until he's completely certain, but apparently not.

When will you learn that giving Penders ANY kind of benefit of the doubt is asking to be disappointed? 

Either way, not a whole lot to say. We've seen this song and dance before, and until something actually comes of it, all it amounts to is a lot of hot air. 

16 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

For at least the tenth time now, Ken has announced a new release date for TLSC:

I'd really thought that he'd finally learned to not announce any dates until he's completely certain, but apparently not.

To be fair in this case, it's less announcing a date and more "we really want this time now."

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

To be fair in this case, it's less announcing a date and more "we really want this time now."

Same difference. He's made claims like this before, multiple times, and has come up with squat, each and every time. There won't be a winter release, just like the last time there wasn't a winter release, or the summer release before that. 

10 minutes ago, horridus said:

Same difference. He's made claims like this before, multiple times, and has come up with squat, each and every time. There won't be a winter release, just like the last time there wasn't a winter release, or the summer release before that. 

At this point I think only Chris Roberts and his Star Citizen project has more missed deadlines.

The only thing worse than waiting for this to just happen already is the knowledge that if it ever does, there will be six more waits like this for the remaining volumes.

Unless he decides to just release it Netflix-style all at once for binge reading, and that's what's taking so long. If he did that, I might even have to applaud the move.

Guys, cease, desist, zip it. How Penders' fans behave and their interactions with Ken is decidedly *not* within the purview of this thread. They are not to be discussed, mentioned, pointed out, or anything at all that involves them in this.

This discussion is about 25YL and only that, so let's move away from the fanboy before this thread winds up derailed and locked.