Spin Attaxx

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

On 10/21/2018 at 8:07 PM, Tylinos said:

I know this isn't strictly on-topic, but I thought it was worth bringing up since he's been mentioned in this thread a number of times in the past: Ken's longtime friend and former forum moderator Robert Repas, or BobR, has passed away.

Awful news. I genuinely enjoyed the extensive conversations we had over the years. Supportive, informative, and willing to put up with my burning questions and ridiculous ramblings (though anyone who can put up with me deserves an award or several :P ). A nice man once you got to know him beyond the screen.

While I'm not entirely sure it's common knowledge (can't find a mention of it on the Wiki), BobR had some claim to fame in the Archie Sonic series that definitely deserves a mention. He created the Nanites.

14 hours ago, Paul-Agnew said:

Awful news. I genuinely enjoyed the extensive conversations we had over the years. Supportive, informative, and willing to put up with my burning questions and ridiculous ramblings (though anyone who can put up with me deserves an award or several :P ). A nice man once you got to know him beyond the screen.

While I'm not entirely sure it's common knowledge (can't find a mention of it on the Wiki), BobR had some claim to fame in the Archie Sonic series that definitely deserves a mention. He created the Nanites.

He is that well known?  I had no idea. 

6 hours ago, Paul-Agnew said:

Oh, yeah he was credited as "Scientific Advisor" I Part 3 of "The Good, The Bad and The Unknown" also.

On 10/21/2018 at 5:07 AM, Tylinos said:

I know this isn't strictly on-topic, but I thought it was worth bringing up since he's been mentioned in this thread a number of times in the past: Ken's longtime friend and former forum moderator Robert Repas, or BobR, has passed away.

I remember his involvement with Ken Pender's forums. He was older than I thought he was, but it's still sad that he passed on. My condolences go to his friends and family.

On 10/23/2018 at 3:58 PM, Gumbit said:

Pender's characters would have better future , if he just accept to leave them for archie . I feel sorry for the fans who liked his characters . 

Yeah, it's still tragic how all of those characters not by Ian Flynn were removed from the comic after STH #252. If SEGA and/or IDW Publishing doesn't try to convince Penders to share the characters he claimed, then they'll most likely be forgotten somewhere in the 2020s.

3 hours ago, NiTROACTiVE said:

Yeah, it's still tragic how all of those characters not by Ian Flynn were removed from the comic after STH #252. If SEGA and/or IDW Publishing doesn't try to convince Penders to share the characters he claimed, then they'll most likely be forgotten somewhere in the 2020s.

If that's what happens, then that's what happens. SEGA really has little motive to really pursue the issue- they only allows their stuff to be published if they own everything that goes in the book. Penders has made it abundantly clear that he wants ownership and will only 'lease' the characters to SEGA. That alone demolishes any kind of chance of anything of his appearing anywhere ever again.

Even if that wasn't the case, Penders has also made it clear that he regards certain characters as being untouchable, and that any use of them would have to be personally approved by him. It amounts to him demanding that he be allowed to possess an unreasonable degree of control over a book that he is not working on. And then you have him admitting to trying to use the lawsuit as a means of trying to coerce SEGA into making a KNUCKLES movie of all things, as detailed here-

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spiu17

With behavior like this, I wouldn't be surprised if they avoided him and his work even if he had a sudden change of heart. 

And here we have a tiny not-really-an-update about the App.

Evidently he's still insistent upon the voice auditions thing. Awful nice of him to sound so encouraging, but again, unless he actually produces something this doesn't really mean anything. 

Have any of you heard about his recent tweet regarding that he claims people are quizzing him on getting back to the book and wanting to do the story with any influence of the execs even though they know Sonic 

1 hour ago, Sidronas said:

Have any of you heard about his recent tweet regarding that he claims people are quizzing him on getting back to the book and wanting to do the story with any influence of the execs even though they know Sonic  

Maybe by "back to the book" they mean Archie Sonic. If that ship had to sink they wish he drowned with it.