Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

What I'm going to say is a bit controversial but here goes:

If you want to draw or depict fictional characters having sex then I don't care about their age. But don't try and justify the relationship in a real life context, you will never win the argument. Fiction needs to stay fiction.

With that said, Ken Penders manages to surpass my expectations every time. He's honestly impressive, but not in a good way.

• Thumbs Up 8

9 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

I checked the stupid Mobius map, and looked for what state Sally's hometown is in (Kentucky), and checked the laws around the age of consent for that area.

18 is the age of consent. However! Consensual sex with persons at least age 16 but not yet 18 is permitted only if the actor is less than 10 years older than the younger party. Geoffrey is only 7 years older than Sally, so it's legal. I don't like that we're even having this discussion on a Sonic the Hedgehog comic book, but if it has to be discussed...

Still doesn't stop it from being weird, especially when Geoffrey looks and acts like a full-grown man (by the rules of this comic's universe, at least). Also, why plan to make such a story on a family-friendly comic? It's a good thing that plot point got shut down.

Long story short: thanks, i hate it.

I'm so sorry you actually had to go and research that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 2
  • Too Many Rings 1

1 minute ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I'm so sorry you actually had to go and research that.

Why should you be?

It fosters discussion and opinions, and teaches me a little more about the laws of another country.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 3

Oh hey, what's going on in the Penders topi-

7B7Ers8.png

So, as if Geoffrey pre-Flynn era wasn't creepy enough, Penders was fully intended to pull this shit. Good God, how did Penders just not get immediately fired after trying to pitch this idea to SEGA. Like yeah, it says something that SEGA at least had enough sense to step in and rejected this, given it's a children's comic book, and in of itself - is creepy, but how did SEGA not think to fire him on the spot for suggesting in their children's comic book about Sonic the Hedgehog for trying to get through with such a thing? Keep in mind - SEGA wanted to keep Sally alive due to fan popularity, so to say she was an important figure for the series at the time is understated, at least in the west.

And we know this is during the 90s where Sally is popular, because when someone tried to ask if he was joking with something so awful, he's also trying to backtrack hard, claiming, he would never display it in the comic, and trying to puff up an excuse about TL-SC not being for kids, despite the fact that he clearly contradicts this:

He intended this because he wasn't sold on the Sonic/Sally relationship til they pitched the film to SEGA, which didn't happen until the early 2000s, which meant he must've intended such a thing before that point. But later, he claims this:

Despite the fact that TL-SC has literally nothing to do with Sally, unless he intends to throw in a demorphed Sally expy like we've gotten with Fuckles, it still doesn't make sense because the statement was clearly made in mind with Archie Sonic. So either he's pretty inept at understanding what the subject matter was, or he's realised how much backlash he's getting and trying to quickly excuse himself that it's intended for TL-SC despite still being creepy in of itself. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

8 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

Ken Penders: *says something stupid about how the Sonic movie took inspiration from his fugly designs*

Ken Penders to himself: "Hold mah beer Kenny boy!"

Ken Penders: *talks about the sexual lives of fictional character from a franchise whose main target are young kids in an attempt to copy J.K. Rowling*

Like Detective Kaito said, he never ceases to impress... in a bad but still amusing way. I'm actually wondering what will he say next time. XD

What about the Tails and  Barby?   This isn't the first time.

6 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

What about the Tails and  Barby?   This isn't the first time.

That was Mike Gallagher.

1 minute ago, Razule said:

That was Mike Gallagher.

And even then, it wasn't explicitly stated or shown or EVEN IMPLIED that they were fucking.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm just stunned the comic went on for as long as it did given this information. 

• Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Good God, how did Penders just not get immediately fired after trying to pitch this idea to SEGA. Like yeah, it says something that SEGA at least had enough sense to step in and rejected this, given it's a children's comic book, and in of itself - is creepy, but how did SEGA not think to fire him on the spot for suggesting in their children's comic book about Sonic the Hedgehog for trying to get through with such a thing?

It was the 90's, and Sonic was the "edgier" mascot. Maybe they just sort of expected this sort of thing by branding alone.

Oh my. How shocking. I totally didn't expect this from the man who once said he was okay with the idea of depicting the residents of Mobius as capable of eating their own young.

Gotta love that classic Penders swerve there too. "I'm not writing the LARA-SU CHRONICLES IN ALL CAPS for kids" is something said in response to the idea of having Sally Acorn lose her virginity. Either he forgot that Sally Acorn is not a character that exists in his comic thing that's never coming out or he's having trouble remembering that his own work isn't supposed to be Archie Sonic fan-fiction. 

I call that move the Penderp. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 3

6 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Guys, guys, clearly this just means Geoffery was a woman this whole time.

GEOFFREY WAS A SINGLE MOTHER!!!!!!!

• Chuckle 5

20 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

GEOFFREY WAS A SINGLE MOTHER!!!!!!!

Rotor and Cobar had an intense relationship.

• Chuckle 3

Seriously.  Someone tell him to leave our fandom alone at this point.  He's never even played a game, tries to shoehorn in his OCs and now admits to sexualizing the characters... Why?   What good does it do him?

• Thumbs Up 4

6 hours ago, Tylinos said:

Just as a reminder, based on ages Ken himself gave during the book's run, Sally would have been 16, while Geoffrey would have been 22.

*Ooooohhh*-HOho-ho-hooo, *nooooooo...!* :joy_cat:

The college jock to Sonic's highschooler indeed.

• Chuckle 1

58 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Well, that didn't take long. I suppose he's still holding the same beer.

• Nice Smile 1