Spin Attaxx

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

5 hours ago, ShadowSJG said:

Does he think what would an idiot say and that's what he decides to say?

I don't think he even has to think about it. Exhibit A:

1 hour ago, Tylinos said:

I mean, technically speaking, he seems to be right -- it wouldn't be pedophilia.

It would be statutory rape.

Not something I'd point and yell "Gotcha!" about, but then, I'm not Ken.

A 50+ old man, in a desperate and deeply idiotic attempt to be seen as a 'legitimate' writer opined how the only story he 'could not' write for a children's book was the one where a twenty year old would be permitted to deflower a sixteen year old.... who, by the math of the book, would actually have been FIFTEEN years old. He has since been very desperately trying to cover his ass as people repeatedly call him out and criticize him over his bafflingly idiotic decision to reveal such information.

2 hours ago, horridus said:

A 50+ old man, in a desperate and deeply idiotic attempt to be seen as a 'legitimate' writer opined how the only story he 'could not' write for a children's book was the one where a twenty year old would be permitted to deflower a sixteen year old.... who, by the math of the book, would actually have been FIFTEEN years old. He has since been very desperately trying to cover his ass as people repeatedly call him out and criticize him over his bafflingly idiotic decision to reveal such information.

Speaking of which, I saw on Twitter from a sum up of what happened last night that he felt the need to clarify Lara-Su is not a virgin, and that sexualities such as gay, Bi etc don’t exist in the TL-SC world as it all falls under one thing or something, I can’t remember the exact thing he said, and I can’t find the tweet atm.

But yeah, because that info is something we needed to know about the protagonist of this sci fi “epic”.

Edit: He said it’s because sex doesn’t have any purpose among the echidnas or whatever other than procreation.

Double Edit:

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Speaking of which, I saw on Twitter from a sum up of what happened last night that he felt the need to clarify Lara-Su is not a virgin, and that sexualities such as gay, Bi etc don’t exist in the TL-SC world as it all falls under one thing or something, I can’t remember the exact thing he said, and I can’t find the tweet atm.

----------------------

Separating this to show it isn't connected, but Ken also compared underage drinking to sex with a minor, and that you're no longer a minor in his eyes when you can drink (If I'm reading this correctly): 

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

But yeah, because that info is something we needed to know about the protagonist of this sci fi “epic”.

Edit: He said it’s because sex doesn’t have any purpose among the echidnas or whatever other than procreation.

Double Edit:

I'm not sure I follow this.  Is he saying that echidnas (or however he wants to spell them) are intersexual?  That they don't enjoy sexual intercourse but do it out of an obligation to breed?  If it's that latter one, then they would effectively be straight.

1 hour ago, tailsBOOM! said:

----------------------

Separating this to show it isn't connected, but Ken also compared underage drinking to sex with a minor, and that you're no longer a minor in his eyes when you can drink (If I'm reading this correctly): 

But...the drinking age is 21.

It's pedophilia. Even if it's not pedophilia, it's statutory rape. Even if it's not statutory rape, it's insanely awkward for a Sonic the Hedgehog comic geared towards kids. And even if it's not insanely awkward, not a single thing he's saying about it makes any sense whatsoever.

No matter the scenerio, it was an extremely dumb decision to bring it up and he's making things worse by still talking about it.

56 minutes ago, Scritch the Cat said:

I'm not sure I follow this.  Is he saying that echidnas (or however he wants to spell them) are intersexual?  That they don't enjoy sexual intercourse but do it out of an obligation to breed?  If it's that latter one, then they would effectively be straight.

I'm not sure, keeping in mind this is the same man who tried to claim he was fighting for the LGBT community just last night.

All I know is this - a key criticism about the Knuckles series was how basically one group had control over everyone and everyone - bar the Dark Legion who disagreed over one subject matter - followed these traditions - to the point a bully of Knuckles was going to be killed by being thrown off Angel Island by the guardians, no questions asked.

What Ken has described is basically the Christian church's viewpoint on same sex relationships - that the main and only reason for sex is procreation, and this is to be done by a man and a woman. By saying that every echidna or whatever he's calling them follows this, he's basically contradicted himself yet again. He claims that this somehow equals out to sexual orientation not mattering, because it's all for procreation, when in actuality - he's describing a universe where only hetrosexual relationships exist, because by his own word - seemingly all echidnas follow this, because unless we're assuming this some kind of situation where both males and females can have children, then obviously only a man and woman can do this in the name of procreation.

So in short - in Ken's attempt to sound like he's being a supporter of the LGBT community and erasing all sexual orientation, he is in fact - ironically - erasing all of them but hetrosexuality, which really doesn't aid his point at all.

Now the better question from all of this - why did we to know any of this? What does the information that Lara-Su not being a virgin add to her character? It adds absolutely nothing, and seems to be there just for the sake of it.

If you want a good example of this kind of subject matter being handled, Ultimate Spider-Man (the original Peter Parker run) covered the whole sex and virginity thing by first letting Mary Jane and Peter Parker grow as characters, and take their relationship slow and steady. And even then, it's handled with respect to the subject matter, and both of them mutually agreeing that while they love each other, they shouldn't feel forced to take this step if they aren't comfortable with it and take it slowly. In short, in a comic that's a modern retelling of the Spidey mythos, and based on modern social norms - that topic actually had some weight to it to readers and it's target audience because it was an actual issue at the time, and the purpose of covering such a thing was to make a point and tell people that it's alright not to feel pressured or rushed into such things. 

Where here - Lara-Su again seems to just have this information just because. It doesn't add anything to her character, it doesn't mean anything to any of the characters, it's just here because Ken seemingly deemed Lara-Su as awesome as she is just had to have sex with someone.

It's seems more odd because it concerns characters Penders created and has control over in terms of age. There was nothing stopping him just making Geoffery 17 or 18, which if anything would have been an age that would have more likely taken interest in someone Sally's age anyway and still fit the dangerous 'older boy' romantic rival for Sonic. Same for Lara Su. She's not tied to Knuckles or the Sonic series anymore, he could make her thirty and it likely wouldn't make a difference, especially since most of the cast she is based on acted closer to adult age than teenagers anyway.

Can someone explain why Sally was even a minor?  Somehow that is never the impression of her I got from being the leader of the freedom fighters in that cartoon.

In all fairness, anthropomorphic animals don't necessarily have the same growth rate as humans.  However, this should mean it's unnecessary to define their ages.

9 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

It's seems more odd because it concerns characters Penders created and has control over in terms of age. There was nothing stopping him just making Geoffery 17 or 18, which if anything would have been an age that would have more likely taken interest in someone Sally's age anyway and still fit the dangerous 'older boy' romantic rival for Sonic. Same for Lara Su. She's not tied to Knuckles or the Sonic series anymore, he could make her thirty and it likely wouldn't make a difference, especially since most of the cast she is based on acted closer to adult age than teenagers anyway.

To answer the last part, it's mainly to make her stand out as a prodigy and appeal to the prospective young adult audience. Also because consistency with his previous work.

1 minute ago, Scritch the Cat said:

Can someone explain why Sally was even a minor?  Somehow that is never the impression of her I got from being the leader of the freedom fighters in that cartoon.

Probably because Kath Soucie was using her normal voice for once.

They also indirectly mention her age in Season 2.

Also keep in mind that from the beginning Sally was meant to be a love interest for Sonic, who was consistently depicted as a teenager in all medias. Making her much older just leads to the problem we have here. She was actually even younger in the show's bible and early comics.

1 hour ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

kenpenderssucks.png.c4a2e894d89b9820a6603792127c7335.pngKenpenderssucks2.png.aed6f625848af79c65d9d00c356f5144.png

It really kind of irks me the wrong way that Ken Penders believes gay characters are sexual themes and its the same thing as introducing sex in a childrens media..

Kevin Keller is a Gay character but you what that means? He dates boys instead of girls and they don't go into detail about his sex life (unless they have since the reboot IDK). What about this is so hard for him to understand? 

11 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Kevin Keller is a Gay character but you what that means? He dates boys instead of girls and they don't go into detail about his sex life (unless they have since the reboot IDK). What about this is so hard for him to understand? 

He obviously still lives under the delusion that homosexuality is a sexual kink and nothing more.

I heard claims that Penders is a bit too adjusted to development by groups rather than actual characters. We had stuff like Rotor (often deemed the most underdeveloped Freedom Fighter) being planned as the token gay, and I heard somewhere Lupe getting robotised was to demonstrate that 'even a woman can make a sacrifice'. The fact it was in that 'girl power' special only seems to emphasise that it was a really patronising form of positive discrimination.

33 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

Also keep in mind that from the beginning Sally was meant to be a love interest for Sonic, who was consistently depicted as a teenager in all medias. Making her much older just leads to the problem we have here. She was actually even younger in the show's bible and early comics.

That too.

25 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Or Riverdale.

22 minutes ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

Yes indeed you dont see Rebecca Sugar tweeting how ''Lars lost his virginity to Kiki'' and thats okay because there are gay characters in the show!'' 

When Drake Calls Kiki ~Meme~ ||GACHAVERSE||

Still, how the heck did THAT happen?

21 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

I heard claims that Penders is a bit too adjusted to development by groups rather than actual characters.

I guess that sounds about right?

22 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

I heard somewhere Lupe getting robotised was to demonstrate that 'even a woman can make a sacrifice'.

You mean besides having kids?

36 minutes ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

Yes indeed you dont see Rebecca Sugar tweeting how ''Lars lost his virginity to Kiki'' and thats okay because there are gay characters in the show!'' 

I dont get his logic.

The subtext between Lars and Sadie is pretty feckin thick in some episodes (even without that scene where he wakes up nude with an erotic magazine and the woman on it mildly resembling Sadie on his head), but at no point is there not some plausible deniability. It's not like anyone is just going YEAH THEY FUCKED HOW ABOUT THAT LOOK AT ME I'M A TOTAL DIPSHIT

4 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

It's pedophilia. Even if it's not pedophilia, it's statutory rape. Even if it's not statuatory rape, it's insanely awkward for a Sonic the Hedgehog comic geared towards kids. And even if it's not insanely awkward, not a single thing he's saying about it makes any sense whatsoever.

No matter the scenerio, it was an extremely dumb decision to bring it up and he's making things worse by still talking about it.

Technically, it's ephebophilia. The distinction being an attraction to mid to late adolescents. I bring this up not to say that what Penders has Geoffrey into isn't 'so bad', but because there is a distinction, and pedophilia is kind of the a-bomb of accusations, and one that should only be made with absolute certainty. 

Having said that, yeah. Everything about this insanely disgusting and completely nonsensical, and Penders choosing THIS as the hill to die on is beyond horrific. 

3 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

I heard claims that Penders is a bit too adjusted to development by groups rather than actual characters. We had stuff like Rotor (often deemed the most underdeveloped Freedom Fighter) being planned as the token gay, and I heard somewhere Lupe getting robotised was to demonstrate that 'even a woman can make a sacrifice'. The fact it was in that 'girl power' special only seems to emphasise that it was a really patronising form of positive discrimination.

Oh, very much so. See, when you get to it, a lot of Penders 'progressive' stances read more as a result of him wanting to be on the right side of history than because of anything genuine. He's good at talking the talk, but the content of his actual work is woefully behind any contemporary standard of liberal politics, especially the feminist part of that spectrum. Worse than that, he is completely incapable of examining his own work with a critical eye, nor will he listen to any criticism that isn't anything sort of lavish. And no, delivery doesn't matter- people who are polite while being critical make as much of an impact as people who are harsh and blunt.  

15 minutes ago, horridus said:

Technically, it's ephebophilia. The distinction being an attraction to mid to late adolescents. I bring this up not to say that what Penders has Geoffrey into isn't 'so bad', but because there is a distinction, and pedophilia is kind of the a-bomb of accusations, and one that should only be made with absolute certainty.

I see.

Still, it's disgusting, wrong, and it was really damn stupid for Penders to tweet this crap.

5 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

I see.

Still, it's disgusting, wrong, and it was really damn stupid for Penders to tweet this crap.

Nooo argument there. I am sincerely lost as to what he was hoping to achieve with this. 

55 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

The subtext between Lars and Sadie is pretty feckin thick in some episodes (even without that scene where he wakes up nude with an erotic magazine and the woman on it mildly resembling Sadie on his head), but at no point is there not some plausible deniability. It's not like anyone is just going YEAH THEY FUCKED HOW ABOUT THAT LOOK AT ME I'M A TOTAL DIPSHIT

This pretty much, my point, you can have teens heavily making out, cause thats what teenagers are like. but its another thing to be like

''in one of the unused plans in Steve universe episode 69, ''steven walks into Lars and Sadie doing it! but for some reason CN didnt allow me''