Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

3 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Was Lara before or after the Sally tweet? I was under the impression that it was part of his doubling down on the weird.

Yeah, it was. At random he decided to bring up that Lara-Su was 16 and not a virgin, with the implication being that he intended similar to be going on with Sally and Geoffrey. Because you know, this was a thing we needed to know and not nauseating or anything. 

Next thing you know - watch it be revealed that Lara-Su lost her virginity to Geoffrey when TL-SC releases in twenty years.

• My Emmerdoods 1

I am wondering why he didn't just, you know, make Geoffrey a younger age from the start. He supposedly created the guy to be a love rival for Sally and I don't really see anything about his character that mandated he be 20+, at least not that is regular in the comics world. Wouldn't have just saying Geoffrey was a teen as well just saved a lot of trouble and uneasiness?

He seems dead set on keeping these ages, even using even more outlandish excuses over just retconning them, which let's be fair, the comic has done to far more radical levels before (that most of the Freedom Fighters were already aged up a couple years beforehand is actually one of the milder examples).

This is terriblebut I can't stop wondering when exactly did this happen? 

Like it couldn't have been during the Sally miseries because they were so focused on their plan to destroy Robotnik's Auto-Automaton. In #30 they were on a train fighting a robot. I guess it would have to be around the time he was constantly hanging around Knothole.

I hate that I've been trying to determine this.

• Nice Smile 1

22 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

I am wondering why he didn't just, you know, make Geoffrey a younger age from the start. He supposedly created the guy to be a love rival for Sally and I don't really see anything about his character that mandated he be 20+, at least not that is regular in the comics world. Wouldn't have just saying Geoffrey was a teen as well just saved a lot of trouble and uneasiness?

He seems dead set on keeping these ages, even using even more outlandish excuses over just retconning them, which let's be fair, the comic has done to far more radical levels before (that most of the Freedom Fighters were already aged up a couple years beforehand is actually one of the milder examples).

You're forgetting the entire, warped foundation upon which Penders wanted to build up that rivalry- he explicitly has compared Sally to a 'high school girl', while Geoffrey would serve as the 'college guy', because according to Penders high school age girls are simply more attracted to older, more mature men. That was what Geoffrey was supposed to represent in comparison to Sonic, and that was the SUPPOSED basis for the attraction, and why Geoff constantly shills himself as a 'man' and a 'professional' compared to Sonic and the other FFs. 

If that all sounds insane, disgusting, creepy and more than a little insulting, that's precisely because it is. 

• Thumbs Up 8

45 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

This is terriblebut I can't stop wondering when exactly did this happen? 

Like it couldn't have been during the Sally miseries because they were so focused on their plan to destroy Robotnik's Auto-Automaton. In #30 they were on a train fighting a robot. I guess it would have to be around the time he was constantly hanging around Knothole.

I hate that I've been trying to determine this.

Apparently, it was sort of a recton due to  timeline implications that he was older than Elias, since his father Ian was in the crash that put Alicia in a coma iirc. 

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Next thing you know - watch it be revealed that Lara-Su lost her virginity to Geoffrey when TL-SC releases in twenty years.

I've had a feeling for a long time that Geoffrey might be Rutan's father. I don't really have anything to prove this except Rutan's Black and White spots, and ken's need to work everybody into the Knuckles family tree, but I really can't shake this feeling...

On the joke front, maybe Geoffrey will be Bisexual, now NO ONE will be safe from him!

Spoiler

I wonder how much money it would take to buy the character copyrights from ken, and how much it would cost just to get him to never tweet again. I really hope this shit gets put to rest before ken dies from old age.

1 hour ago, Mr Silvia said:

On the joke front, maybe Geoffrey will be Bisexual, now NO ONE will be safe from him!

Bisexuals and Pansexuals have it hard enough without being associatedwith Geoffrey St. John. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1
  • Absolutely 1

2 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Boggles my mind this guy got what he wanted over seven years ago and can't seem to shut the fuck up about a book he obviously had disdain for.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me that Penders was doing it as a show of how good his characters were - like his characters are obviously so cool and amazing that of course the official SEGA girls would want to be with them. Hell, even during his actual issues, one of his plot points was Rouge flirting and kissing Locke. I mean, to be fair, it was to try get to the Master Emerald, but it doesn't make it any less creepy, especially with his now announced plans for Sally.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Nice Smile 1

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me that Penders was doing it as a show of how good his characters were - like his characters are obviously so cool and amazing that of course the official SEGA girls would want to be with them. Hell, even during his actual issues, one of his plot points was Rouge flirting and kissing Locke. I mean, to be fair, it was to try get to the Master Emerald, but it doesn't make it any less creepy, especially with his now announced plans for Sally.

That and the whole thing with Evil Sonic not Scourge hitting on every single major girl.

Or like "the Legion would eat Robotnik for breakfast" or whatever other ridiculous shit he could come up with. Dude's just a hack.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Chuckle 2

It definetly is weird. I remember about issue #90 when they did that weird storyline about the FFs going to school again and that one issue where Sonic uses a disguise so he can be a hero which was dropped and never brought up again, but in that they do establish St. John as being too old for high school and him being in charge of the forces. Certainly, when that revelation came up, that did surprise me, but I guess he was only like 2 years older, not 6.

What next, are we going to find out Sally and Knuckles had a one night stand? Sonic has impotence? Tails has 2 ****s?

• Chuckle 1
  • Absolutely 1

1 minute ago, silvereye27 said:

It definetly is weird. I remember about issue #90 when they did that weird storyline about the FFs going to school again and that one issue where Sonic uses a disguise so he can be a hero which was dropped and never brought up again, but in that they do establish St. John as being too old for high school and him being in charge of the forces. Certainly, when that revelation came up, that did surprise me, but I guess he was only like 2 years older, not 6.

What next, are we going to find out Sally and Knuckles had a one night stand? Sonic has impotence? Tails has 2 ****s?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, silvereye27 said:

Thankfully he has no control over SEGA owned characters and their sexual reproduction/organs (One sentence I thought never would come out of my mouth).  That'd be like if Marvel makes a claim about Spawn; they used to affect him to a degree, but they can do jackshit about him now...   Which, now that I bring him up, that reminds me of how he chose to have Sonic crossover not with a children's franchise or the  more adult-but-still-able-to-be-chill Marvel  or DC comics, but the over-the-top edgy and overloaded with violence Image comics, including the aforementioned Spawn and HIV-infected Shadowhawk.  Ken Penders wrote it, created a new Image character, and had it be an Archie Super Special, but yet it focused much more on the Image characters.  He even had Sonic attempt to talk to Spawn, Image's poster child, who turned around and ignored him.   I think that combining this with Pender's recent comments shows that he really wanted to work on more adult comics, but since he was unable to decided to make the Sonic comics "more mature."

• Thumbs Up 3

23 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Thankfully he has no control over SEGA owned characters and their sexual reproduction/organs (One sentence I thought never would come out of my mouth).  That'd be like if Marvel makes a claim about Spawn; they used to affect him to a degree, but they can do jackshit about him now...   Which, now that I bring him up, that reminds me of how he chose to have Sonic crossover not with a children's franchise or the  more adult-but-still-able-to-be-chill Marvel  or DC comics, but the over-the-top edgy and overloaded with violence Image comics, including the aforementioned Spawn and HIV-infected Shadowhawk.  Ken Penders wrote it, created a new Image character, and had it be an Archie Super Special, but yet it focused much more on the Image characters.  He even had Sonic attempt to talk to Spawn, Image's poster child, who turned around and ignored him.   I think that combining this with Pender's recent comments shows that he really wanted to work on more adult comics, but since he was unable to decided to make the Sonic comics "more mature."

Oh my goodness, waitaminute, which one was Shadowhawk?

7 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Speaking of the Image crossover, with the last few days I'd say this image has all new meaning...7eb643107111bbccf8fe49614e1d2d61.jpg

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking of! :joy: 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

1 hour ago, Zaysho said:

That and the whole thing with Evil Sonic not Scourge hitting on every single major girl.

Or like "the Legion would eat Robotnik for breakfast" or whatever other ridiculous shit he could come up with. Dude's just a hack.

It was a simple as that. Its basically like in fan fiction where they write their own self insert characters to be magically more competent than everyone else in the room. Another example is the future arc, and julie sue. He's always been like that.

We can have a whole conversation about Evil sonic, and he committed assault and that's never addressed. And how penders treats women characters in general , but those are much longer conversations. Though in short, he treats them as prizes to be won a lot of the time.

1 hour ago, Zaysho said:

Boggles my mind this guy got what he wanted over seven years ago and can't seem to shut the fuck up about a book he obviously had disdain for.

Because reality is hard. Imagine you spent years after being fired saying you are the reason why sonic was popular, you and your characters. You even go to court for your characters, you get them and you believe with out them the comic the series is done... and its not. The comic continues, does ok. It focuses on the game characters , even ones you often ignored like shadow or ones you didn't know existed like blaze because you didn't care about the franchise... you knew your contribution is what made it. The comic gets canceled, you feel a little vindicated. Then a new comic emerges, fancier comic , new publisher. No former comic characters, new brand new ideas. You yell on twitter that this comic can't possibly succeed , not only does it not have any of your characters in it , it doesn't have the freedom fighters, nobody else, who in the world would buy this comic just about video game characters.

And it does. It does better than all the other comics. You as someone who has already committed to their identity as being the " True architect of what sonic fans love " , this is directly contradictory to your identity. That means that you weren't the sonic lore king, no one cared about your lore your characters, or even the other ones from the cartoon... they only cared about the ones from the games. Or to be fair not as much, clearly. So if they didn't care, and none of what you did was even required all you did was... waste life energy time and money to retained the rights to characters that weren't beneficiary to the book and to ruin said book out of spite , and they didn't need it. They didn't that, they didn't need them they didn't need you. And not only did you burn your bridges with this community that didn't need you , you work ... your magnum opus under this brand is so reviled that the new comic isn't going anywhere near any of that kind of stuff... and its dong fine. And not only that , you have also burned your bridges in the comic's industry in general. Along with quality control in general just going up.

So what's left? Irrelevancy.  Penders is on an island, no sorry a raft. And all his lines to land have been cut. And he's floating out to sea, a sea irrelevancy.  Now he could ... learn from his mistakes, criticism try to do better , build and ore and row back. He could try and warn others about some of the legitimate bullshit in the comics industry and what he went though, leave a note warn some folks. He could maybe even be content with what he did, understand that he needs to move on and quietly just float out to sea.

OR OR, he could just be a spiteful weirdo on the internet that burns all his bridges because he thinks to highly of himself and his work and has an inability to any type of introspection and is so self absorbed he fails to realize that openly saying you had the idea of your pet adult character taking the virginity of a child is literally several of the worst looks imaginable. And then have the nerve to suggest that " This was a story that couldn't be told " and then have the nerve to defend this. And to suggest that peoples reasonable revulsion to such things is out of a hate of LGBT.

Guess which one he did, can you guess? I bet none of you can guess?

• Thumbs Up 5

6 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Oh my goodness, waitaminute, which one was Shadowhawk?

300?cb=20140414004728

https://snescentral.com/article.php?id=1095:

"Shadowhawk is a comic by Image Comics (or rather their sister studio, Shadowline), a studio set up by people who worked for places like Marvel, but wanted to retain copyright of their creations. Jim Valentino was one of those people, and he created Shadowhawk, an anti-hero who went on a vendetta after getting attacked and infected with HIV. This comic came out during the explosion of the medium in the early 90s..."

He's also very well known for breaking people's spines, as well as hunting down vigilantes who harm innocents.  Because that's what I think of when I think Sonic.

6 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

It was a simple as that. Its basically like in fan fiction where they write their own self insert characters to be magically more competent than everyone else in the room. Another example is the future arc, and julie sue. He's always been like that.

We can have a whole conversation about Evil sonic, and he committed assault and that's never addressed. And how penders treats women characters in general , but those are much longer conversations. Though in short, he treats them as prizes to be won a lot of the time.

Because reality is hard. Imagine you spent years after being fired saying you are the reason why sonic was popular, you and your characters. You even go to court for your characters, you get them and you believe with out them the comic the series is done... and its not. The comic continues, does ok. It focuses on the game characters , even ones you often ignored like shadow or ones you didn't know existed like blaze because you didn't care about the franchise... you knew your contribution is what made it. The comic gets canceled, you feel a little vindicated. Then a new comic emerges, fancier comic , new publisher. No former comic characters, new brand new ideas. You yell on twitter that this comic can't possibly succeed , not only does it not have any of your characters in it , it doesn't have the freedom fighters, nobody else, who in the world would buy this comic just about video game characters.

And it does. It does better than all the other comics. You as someone who has already committed to their identity as being the " True architect of what sonic fans love " , this is directly contradictory to your identity. That means that you weren't the sonic lore king, no one cared about your lore your characters, or even the other ones from the cartoon... they only cared about the ones from the games. Or to be fair not as much, clearly. So if they didn't care, and none of what you did was even required all you did was... waste life energy time and money to retained the rights to characters that weren't beneficiary to the book and to ruin said book out of spite , and they didn't need it. They didn't that, they didn't need them they didn't need you. And not only did you burn your bridges with this community that didn't need you , you work ... your magnum opus under this brand is so reviled that the new comic isn't going anywhere near any of that kind of stuff... and its dong fine. And not only that , you have also burned your bridges in the comic's industry in general. Along with quality control in general just going up.

So what's left? Irrelevancy.  Penders is on an island, no sorry a raft. And all his lines to land have been cut. And he's floating out to sea, a sea irrelevancy.  Now he could ... learn from his mistakes, criticism try to do better , build and ore and row back. He could try and warn others about some of the legitimate bullshit in the comics industry and what he went though, leave a note warn some folks. He could maybe even be content with what he did, understand that he needs to move on and quietly just float out to sea.

OR OR, he could just be a spiteful weirdo on the internet that burns all his bridges because he thinks to highly of himself and his work and has an inability to any type of introspection and is so self absorbed he fails to realize that openly saying you had the idea of your pet adult character taking the virginity of a child is literally several of the worst looks imaginable. And then have the nerve to suggest that " This was a story that couldn't be told " and then have the nerve to defend this. And to suggest that peoples reasonable revulsion to such things is out of a hate of LGBT.

Guess which one he did, can you guess? I bet none of you can guess?

All spun from a lie he told himself, and anyone who would listen.

1470977260894.gif

And to think, for all the time he spent trying to tell stories, the ones he'll be best known for won't be in any comic, but relegated to Twitter, where they'll be like dust in the wind.

Ken: "I've moved on from Sonic the Hedgehog.  TL-SC has nothing to do with it anymore."

Also Ken: "I want to make it very clear that it's part of Geoffrey's official TL-SC backstory that he had sex with a Sonic the Hedgehog character."

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1

3 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

Ken: "I've moved on from Sonic the Hedgehog.  TL-SC has nothing to do with it anymore."

Also Ken: "I want to make it very clear that it's part of Geoffrey's official TL-SC backstory that he had sex with a Sonic the Hedgehog character."

I really hope this is a joke, because like, even as an attempt to mock everyone who's given him shit by "making it a bigger deal than need be", like it's his character, his book, and his story that he's making look even worse because he now feels the need to basically say "oh yeah, by the way, my best character evur had tons of sex with tons of people, including good and bad guys because hes like so cool and irresistible!!!" 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • My Emmerdoods 3
  • Absolutely 2

You know, the longer this drags on, the more puerile it starts to become. I get the feeling he wants readers to be impressed by this, and it's just... it's all so juvenile.

It feels like an abortive attempt at damage control- "OH YEAH HE BANGED THE SMOKING HOT DARK LEGION CYBERDARK COLONY LEADER AND LET'S FOCUS ON THAT INSTEAD OF HIM BEING INTO TEENAGERS. HE'S COOL AGAIN, RIGHT? RIGHT?" 

• Thumbs Up 6