Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Ken, you live in America where its illegal to have relations with a 16 year old. Prince Charles lives in the UK where age of consent is 16. the comic is written by Americans, chances are high the rules are the same. Do not compare them.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Ken, you live in America where its illegal to have relations with a 16 year old. Prince Charles lives in the UK where age of consent is 16. the comic is written by Americans, chances are high the rules are the same. Do not compare them.

Watch him retcon Lara Su and the Sue Legion into British Aliens and claim that since Geoffrey is cockney, that it’s now okay because Of the age of consent.

• Thumbs Up 5

Remember when some people lost their minds when Ian Flynn said Sally is Bi and dating Nicole? 

Don't know why that's on my mind now. 😛

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

Remember when some people lost their minds when Ian Flynn said Sally is Bi and dating Nicole? 

Don't know why that's on my mind now. 😛

Can't imagine.

What still blows my mind is how he fought to get stuff like the Dark Legion back if he was just going to turn around and effectively make expies of them anyway, though I guess that's just a one-off so far.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Tylinos said:

Ken: "I've moved on from Sonic the Hedgehog.  TL-SC has nothing to do with it anymore."

Also Ken: "I want to make it very clear that it's part of Geoffrey's official TL-SC backstory that he had sex with a Sonic the Hedgehog character."

I'm assuming Princess of Acorn Kingdom will also be an expy.

2 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:

MY GOD WHEN WILL THIS END

Values Dissonance!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Way Past Cool 2

1 hour ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

Watch him retcon Lara Su and the Sue Legion into British Aliens and claim that since Geoffrey is cockney, that it’s now okay because Of the age of consent.

Isn't Albion based on Britain?

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Who needs compelling character motivations, or conflicting royalities that make an interesting storyline about what you believe is truly right for the better for everyone. Gefforey being so awesome and cool and handsome and amazing and better than that dumb old blue rat and having the sex with all the girls while Sonic cries in a corner (Sorry - S'oon'ick) totally makes him an amazing and compelling character that is fifty times better than stinky ol flynn's writing i tell you what.

Conflicting royalties, lol

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

(Sorry - S'oon'ick) 

Ohho wait, is that what he's calling it?

9 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Can't imagine.

What still blows my mind is how he fought to get stuff like the Dark Legion back if he was just going to turn around and effectively make expies of them anyway, though I guess that's just a one-off so far.

CyberDark Colony

...Yeah, WAITAINMUTE!

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Jesus Christ, of all the things, why is this the hill he chooses to die on?

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Jesus Christ, of all the things, why is this the hill he chooses to die on?

He burned all the other hills and this was the only one left that was reasonably vertically unchallenged.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Hell if I know. I barely remember any of the locations he’s made.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Not particularly. It is named using the oldest name for Britain and is off the  coast of Mercia, which is basically Fake Mobius Britain, but there is nothing particularly 'British' about Albion. It's just a generic, isolationist high-tech city of Echidna, one that is on the ground rather than in the sky. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Albion was always a bit weird to me. It was basically another Echidnapolis but had nothing much else too it. No idea if Penders ever planned to do anything with it. Doesn't surprise me that it would wind up be wiped out sometime later in the Flynn run.

Why does he do this to himself? Why does he double down on this?

It's so sad that he's pretty much admitting that this is bad Sonic fanfiction after trying to deny it for so long. He needs to let his obsession go

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, horridus said:

Not particularly. It is named using the oldest name for Britain and is off the  coast of Mercia, which is basically Fake Mobius Britain, but there is nothing particularly 'British' about Albion. It's just a generic, isolationist high-tech city of Echidna, one that is on the ground rather than in the sky. 

1 hour ago, silvereye27 said:

Albion was always a bit weird to me. It was basically another Echidnapolis but had nothing much else too it. No idea if Penders ever planned to do anything with it. Doesn't surprise me that it would wind up be wiped out sometime later in the Flynn run.

Honestly all things considered, I don’t remember much of Echidnaland either. Probably because for all of his attempts to be the next “insert whatever popular sci-fi creator that will surely put him in the annals of history”, the man just never was able to create anything resembling a consistent and thought out world. It’s telling that out of everything I can remember about the Echidna culture, all I can remember are ripoffs of Star Trek, Star Wars, a bit of Superman, and that one echidna with an Elvis haircut. Nothing is modified or changed enough to take into consideration that they were supposed to be an ancient advanced civilization, and instead feels like a hodgepodge of various popular sci-fi bits and contemporary American stuff, like Lara's sweet sixteen thing and Football.

Football. In a civilization that should have existed thousands of years before it was even invented.

If he really wanted to handle this kind of idea of an advanced ancient civilization, maybe he could have considered making their weapons Chaos Energy based hard light versions of typical tribal weapons. Hard light blades, energy tipped spears and stuff like the Sheikah weapons from Breath of the Wild or something. Heck if he’s so stuck on the idea of Echidna women marrying young, maybe turn that into a case of values dissonance, where tribal traditions once required women to marry young and birth children because the world was a cruel place with no guarantees of survival, so they needed to get children quickly before their current generation died out. However, when they became enlightened and advanced, they never bothered to change these outdated beliefs because they never had any reason to or something.

Honestly maybe those elements could have even served as a possible way to gray the conflict between the Dark Legion and the Haven Echidnas, like maybe during their early days the DL were progressive revolutionaries who had discovered a better source of technology, but it had the side effect of being devastating towards the environment but that could be ironed out eventually.

However, both out of tradition and fearful paranoia, and mixed with a bit of logical fear for the destructive capabilities of the tech the DL found, AND that they’d be ousted from power, traditionalists tried to Suppress them via numerous ways, one of which might be to force the daughter of one of the DL to marry and be effectively held as hostage. Things snowballed from there and the Dark Legion was banished from Echidnaland, but not before damaging he place to the point they never really recovered.

Now the modern conflict is essentially the descendants of both factions, the environmental loving but strictly traditionalist (and highly mysoginistic, hence why there was only ever one female Guardian) Haven Echidnas who don’t understand that their tech is becoming more obsolete due to their traditionalist endeavors and arrogance and their numbers are shrinking rapidly vs the understandably vengeful, comparatively progressive (they have more female leaders for one thing) but also dangerously reckless with technology Dark Legion (implication being that their tech might have unintentionally contributed to the terrible conditions in the Twilight Cage/Zone).

Sorry, I think I went off on a tangent there.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Promotion 1

4 hours ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

Honestly all things considered, I don’t remember much of Echidnaland either. Probably because for all of his attempts to be the next “insert whatever popular sci-fi creator that will surely put him in the annals of history”, the man just never was able to create anything resembling a consistent and thought out world. It’s telling that out of everything I can remember about the Echidna culture, all I can remember are ripoffs of Star Trek, Star Wars, a bit of Superman, and that one echidna with an Elvis haircut. Nothing is modified or changed enough to take into consideration that they were supposed to be an ancient advanced civilization, and instead feels like a hodgepodge of various popular sci-fi bits and contemporary American stuff, like Lara's sweet sixteen thing and Football.

Football. In a civilization that should have existed thousands of years before it was even invented.

If he really wanted to handle this kind of idea of an advanced ancient civilization, maybe he could have considered making their weapons Chaos Energy based hard light versions of typical tribal weapons. Hard light blades, energy tipped spears and stuff like the Sheikah weapons from Breath of the Wild or something. Heck if he’s so stuck on the idea of Echidna women marrying young, maybe turn that into a case of values dissonance, where tribal traditions once required women to marry young and birth children because the world was a cruel place with no guarantees of survival, so they needed to get children quickly before their current generation died out. However, when they became enlightened and advanced, they never bothered to change these outdated beliefs because they never had any reason to or something.

Honestly maybe those elements could have even served as a possible way to gray the conflict between the Dark Legion and the Haven Echidnas, like maybe during their early days the DL were progressive revolutionaries who had discovered a better source of technology, but it had the side effect of being devastating towards the environment but that could be ironed out eventually.

However, both out of tradition and fearful paranoia, and mixed with a bit of logical fear for the destructive capabilities of the tech the DL found, AND that they’d be ousted from power, traditionalists tried to Suppress them via numerous ways, one of which might be to force the daughter of one of the DL to marry and be effectively held as hostage. Things snowballed from there and the Dark Legion was banished from Echidnaland, but not before damaging he place to the point they never really recovered.

Now the modern conflict is essentially the descendants of both factions, the environmental loving but strictly traditionalist (and highly mysoginistic, hence why there was only ever one female Guardian) Haven Echidnas who don’t understand that their tech is becoming more obsolete due to their traditionalist endeavors and arrogance and their numbers are shrinking rapidly vs the understandably vengeful, comparatively progressive (they have more female leaders for one thing) but also dangerously reckless with technology Dark Legion (implication being that their tech might have unintentionally contributed to the terrible conditions in the Twilight Cage/Zone).

Sorry, I think I went off on a tangent there.

You have , in one fell swoop created a better echidna narrative than penders entire career

• Thumbs Up 4

8 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

You have , in one fell swoop created a better echidna narrative than penders entire career

Not much of an accomplishment, considering Echidna Presley, Star War Trek the not ripoff and Football are what I'm up against.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

There already was a line, in Geoffrey data-files he released three years ago, implying that Sall... the Princess of the Acorn Kingdom was "one in a line of conquests" and he forgot about it...

It's one of the files I translated, so...

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1
  • Absolutely 1

2 minutes ago, Adamis said:

There already was a line, in Geoffrey data-files he released three years ago, implying that Sall... the Princess of the Acorn Kingdom was "one in a line of conquests" and he forgot about it...

A woman''s virginity isnt about the woman or her experience, Its about losing something and the man is the winner, Notice how Sally doesnt win Geoffrey or gains anything.

oh yes Penders is tottes Feminist. 

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Absolutely 3

11 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:

I don't think there's much overlap between Elvis fans and/or Princess Diana fans and Sonic fans, even if he's always written like there is.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Adamis said:

Given that the birthdate in very same data file showed Geoffrey to be two years older than Ken's been insisting all week, I'm not surprised.

• Thumbs Up 6

4 hours ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

A woman''s virginity isnt about the woman or her experience, Its about losing something and the man is the winner, Notice how Sally doesnt win Geoffrey or gains anything.

oh yes Penders is tottes Feminist. 

Actually it is about the women. Normally it should be something a women chooses who to give it to. Usually for those who in a single marriage who think the person they are with is the one for them. Ive always seen it as something a women gives to a person she wants to have a child with. Though these days people do it a lot more with several people over the years. But not all men see sex as some sort of game where the final boss is a girls virginity is the win screen. Im speaking for myself. You all should know how Ken thinks by this point which i still do not.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • My Emmerdoods 1