Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

4 hours ago, Adamis said:

Just a question to those who think TLSC is a scam : do you think he'd go as far as paying several translators, for nothing ?

Yes and considering it might be fraud because I haven’t seen 1 physical copy of the book I seen video footage of the app but not the book so it might be fraud and he might be lying to the tax companies or investors about it

also the app is not in the App Store 

54 minutes ago, horridus said:

As far as anyone knows, this project HAS no investors of any sort. For all intents and purposes this is a private citizen announcing a project and then repeatedly failing to meet the self-imposed deadlines he's said out while bilking tie-in products. This isn't really a true business venture, and him being too lazy, incompetent and fixated on making a jackass of himself on twitter to actually see this through in a timely manner while hyping it at every chance he gets is not the same as a legitimate scam. It's pathetic to behold, especially given the efforts taken to GET to this point, but he hasn't committed any crimes that we know of. The closest thing we have to this being legally dubious is him pilfering things like "Kintobor" and "Mobius", things explicitly owned by SEGA for use in his supposedly 'original' work, but even then he hasn't actually released anything as of yet. 

Don't get me wrong, it's ludicrous that this man who touts himself as a legitimate professional has spent damn near a decade talking about this while showing zero signs of ever actually releasing it, and his behavior on twitter is nothing short of wretched. But as slipshod and lazy as everything about this project has been, there isn't anything to suggest that actual, legitimate fraud has gone on, and I'd sincerely caution you before you go around throwing out accusations about such things without any actual evidence beyond him being a lazy, worthless prick. . 

Ok I will be more careful but I was only suggesting a potential theory because we only have seen footage of the app but not the book I’m just throwing a potential theory out there and we don’t have smoking canon into the financial backing about this until we have a FOIA request or something 

And who is really paying and financially backing the project him or his wife?

Christ even Chris Chan even has released more issues of sonichu than Ken releasing his Tijuana bible version of the day the clown cried lol

you know it sad when I have to bring in Chris Chan to compare to him

So who is more deplorable Ken penders or Chris Chan ? Lol

So would you consider Ken as what mister metorkur calls a Internet toughguy?

1 hour ago, Alpineredoubt said:

So who is more deplorable Ken penders or Chris Chan ? Lol

Well, Chris-chan has mental health issues which she has discussed at length as well as a dangerous enabler of a mother; it's a hard hand she was dealt and not everyone can overcome that. Meanwhile, Ken managed to hit nothing but green lights all the way into becoming head creative force of the longest running non-cape comic book in the US, and still managed to squander everything. I can at least have some pity for Chris-chan, but I'm not sure Ken deserves any, despite his actions causing less real-world harm. It's two completely different situations and I don't think it is worth bringing up as something to compare.

Moving on. I'm just waiting for the day this comic gets cancelled. Any expectation of a release was thrown out the window long ago, and any hopes of it drawing a profit was wishful thinking on Ken's part to begin with. My prediction is that the prequel comic app might get released someday (if the legal issues are tied up regarding Ken's use of other artists' work), and that the main app will be cancelled. Lara-Su Chronicles will become a web comic that releases 3 pages and goes on infinite hiatus and we will finally be able to put this topic to rest.

• Chuckle 1

9 minutes ago, Legendary Emerald said:

Well, Chris-chan has mental health issues which she has discussed at length as well as a dangerous enabler of a mother; it's a hard hand she was dealt and not everyone can overcome that. Meanwhile, Ken managed to hit nothing but green lights all the way into becoming head creative force of the longest running non-cape comic book in the US, and still managed to squander everything. I can at least have some pity for Chris-chan, but I'm not sure Ken deserves any, despite his actions causing less real-world harm. It's two completely different situations and I don't think it is worth bringing up as something to compare.

Moving on. I'm just waiting for the day this comic gets cancelled. Any expectation of a release was thrown out the window long ago, and any hopes of it drawing a profit was wishful thinking on Ken's part to begin with. My prediction is that the prequel comic app might get released someday (if the legal issues are tied up regarding Ken's use of other artists' work,) and that the main app will be cancelled. Lara-Su Chronicles will become a web comic that releases 3 pages and goes on infinite hiatus and we will finally be able to put this topic to rest.

Yeah I’m just wait for him to come out and say the comic is canceled and he gives the characters back to sega and tries to make amends for the legal shitstorm he pulled and made him look like a fool 

I could potential buy the characters from him at a auction or something if the estate goes up for sale 

so would you buy his characters when his time comes and what would you do with said characters?

14 minutes ago, Legendary Emerald said:

Moving on. I'm just waiting for the day this comic gets cancelled. Any expectation of a release was thrown out the window long ago, and any hopes of it drawing a profit was wishful thinking on Ken's part to begin with. My prediction is that the prequel comic app might get released someday (if the legal issues are tied up regarding Ken's use of other artists' work,) and that the main app will be cancelled. Lara-Su Chronicles will become a web comic that releases 3 pages and goes on infinite hiatus and we will finally be able to put this topic to rest.

Also Chris is not a she he is a transtrender a person who gives the actual trans community a really bad name

• Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Sean said:

This is not the topic (or forum) to discuss Chris-chan. It's also... tasteless to compare her with Ken so I would not.

Also this is extremely rude and tactless. A person's character does not give you a pass to intentionally mis-gender them.

Anyway back to Ken.

Ok but my point still stands and Chris is not a transgender if you ask anyone in the trans community and ask them on what he has done I doubt most of them would approve of his actions and null would not say he is trans again my point still stands but yeah anyhoo back old Ken “holocaust denier,plagiarist/swiper, borderline pedophile”  Penders 

So should I post any political tweets that Ken posted and I debunk them or no?

or should post any tweets he insulted a fan or said something potentially anti Semitic or him just straight up lying?

Should post anything about him bitching about the sonic movie? Plz reply back anyone 

5 minutes ago, Celestia said:

First of all, Sean was extremely clear about knocking this off. Again, even putting aside how I feel reading this, it barely has anything to do with the topic at hand without some major stretches.

Second, you seem very confident about talking for everyone in a group. If you ask me I would say that this sort of logic sets a dangerous precedent ("Don't worry, I won't misgender you... ...unless you _____"), and regardless of whatever someone may have done to "deserve it" it's not at all worth it!

And on another note: what are you even talking about? Is this about the weird poem thing, because yeah that was definitely tacky, but at this point it feels like you're desperate to talk about some wacky new Penders controversy more than anything. I mean--

...yeah. Be patient, Penders will inevitably say some puzzling thing and we'll spend about a page or two going "That was kinda weird huh?" "Yyyyep."

Ok I will drop the whole Chris Chan thing so that is off the table first thing

the second item was kind of weird nick name thing and that pedo thing it was a reference to the inappropriate relations comment he said and it was between a certain skunk and chipmunk/squirrel we all know and love but the skunk some can hate

also I should added in the inappropriate quoting of mein kampf because I’m kind of historian and the plagiarism thing was reference to that and the traced art work see the shadow drawing he made and the black guy in Lara su chronicles which both of which was traced 

also how much longer until another comment he makes that stirs up a shit storm I predict not much longer lol we are going to have a field day with that one

some of you guys could do the Lara su updates and some could updates on him bitching about the sonic movie and others could do something I don’t know what maybe the lies he spreads but I would like a second opinion 

Although my reaction is more on the line of what were you thinking? and what the fuck is wrong with you?

I found a few tweets of vague interest, I'll post them up so they won't be buried in Ken's twitter feed

Continued fighting over Geoffrey/Sally, a shipping I don't even think has a abbreviation lmao

But really this twitter thread is another toilet fire

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1121792541546799104

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1123059040697737217

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1123966097739456518

This last tweet makes me sadder than anything else he's tweeted, honestly. He is actually going to die from old age before anybody can use the IP again... legally. Deviantart is running wild with "his" characters LOL

• Nice Smile 1

5 hours ago, Mr Silvia said:

I really like how this is just "sums of money" rather than "large sums of money." Like, sure, I can believe this because all it means is someone sent him a DM once offering to buy Lara-Su for 10 bucks and a ham sandwich.

tenor.gif?itemid=7860818

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Absolutely 1

8 hours ago, Zaysho said:

Okay, since you can't seem to listen to Sean or Celestia and insist on digging yourself deeper (not unlike Ken Penders when he's called out) I'm going to be the one to shove you back over the line and hand you a strike for being insubordinate and for your constant derailing.

This thread is not a hub for you to come in and look for any excuse to whip up an Internet lynch mob because Ken "SRS WRITER" Penders says blatantly stupid things on a regular fucking basis especially if it has nothing to do with anything related to Archie or LSC. Enough is enough. Posts trying to get the last word in on this from this point on will be subject to deletion. If you don't like this, go complain to an administrator.

jfc and this is coming from the guy who everyone knows can't stand Penders.

Ok ok I will cool it

2 hours ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

I really like how this is just "sums of money" rather than "large sums of money." Like, sure, I can believe this because all it means is someone sent him a DM once offering to buy Lara-Su for 10 bucks and a ham sandwich.

tenor.gif?itemid=7860818

Who offered him “sums of money” I would like to know?

those people who did that are pretty much the heroes for tying to do something right

8 hours ago, Mr Silvia said:

I found a few tweets of vague interest, I'll post them up so they won't be buried in Ken's twitter feed

Continued fighting over Geoffrey/Sally, a shipping I don't even think has a abbreviation lmao

But really this twitter thread is another toilet fire

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1121792541546799104

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1123059040697737217

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1123966097739456518

This last tweet makes me sadder than anything else he's tweeted, honestly. He is actually going to die from old age before anybody can use the IP again... legally. Deviantart is running wild with "his" characters LOL

Yeah deviantart is pretty much having a field day with this one

also he could die from a heart attack but yeah once he kicks the bucket who do you think will purchase the rights to characters?

also Ken stop fighting with the fans you have left lol

6 hours ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7860818

Yeeah that... doesn't really change the fact that the Sonic book was a kid's book. That the show was a kids show. And that the games, shockingly enough, were aimed at children as well. I really do not get how the heck he can think citing 'original intent' as though that somehow magically makes him talking about wanting underage sex in a kid's book okay, given that whatever the initial intent, Sonic wound up as a franchise for kids. By this logic, the fact that E.T. was originally conceived as a horror film would mean that Steve Spielberg discussing how he wanted ET to screw a teenager would be A-Okay, simply because of what it was ORIGINALLY. 

By this point I'm not exactly shocked by the fact he'd much sooner look like an idiot than admit that anything of his was ill-conceived, but the fact that he has chosen THIS particular hill to die on is as baffling as it is unnerving. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 2

If Sonic’s marketing in Japan was somehow more “mature” than in the west, you have to remember that Japan has very different ideas as to what is suitable for kids.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 2

Uh guys Ken just tweeted about the recent macpat video on the history of the sonic movies and he is just in full denial mode and once again lying about Ben hurst here is the full tweet 

2F4D7788-449A-41BD-B904-4A80A22B5A11.png

Should I post the comments section where he called one of his fans lazy?

33 minutes ago, horridus said:

Yeeah that... doesn't really change the fact that the Sonic book was a kid's book. That the show was a kids show. And that the games, shockingly enough, were aimed at children as well. I really do not get how the heck he can think citing 'original intent' as though that somehow magically makes him talking about wanting underage sex in a kid's book okay, given that whatever the initial intent, Sonic wound up as a franchise for kids. By this logic, the fact that E.T. was originally conceived as a horror film would mean that Steve Spielberg discussing how he wanted ET to screw a teenager would be A-Okay, simply because of what it was ORIGINALLY. 

By this point I'm not exactly shocked by the fact he'd much sooner look like an idiot than admit that anything of his was ill-conceived, but the fact that he has chosen THIS particular hill to die on is as baffling as it is unnerving. 

Yeah Ken should kept his perverted mind at the door and kept his mouth shut or in this case stoped his fingers from tweeting...... that (shudders)

47 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

If Sonic’s marketing in Japan was somehow more “mature” than in the west, you have to remember that Japan has very different ideas as to what is suitable for kids.

That is a big difference between east and west somethings might be ok over there well it is not ok over here

21A7E86F-81C4-4B35-BD03-576D580508A9.thumb.jpeg.77225202b037ffe0fd6845635a60e400.jpeg

Is... is he talking to himself now?

As for adult intent or not... RoboCop, Toxic Crusader, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were originally developed with older audiences in mind, but that didn't stop them from making cartoons aimed at children from them, and guess what? Those couldn't feature adult content, either!

• Nice Smile 1
  • Absolutely 1

Yeah those movies where awesome except for the tmnt stuff which the comic was dark as hell and awesome plus i think we might of broke Ken like sonic broke eggman in issue 200 of Archie sonic

does anyone remember that issue?

5 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

21A7E86F-81C4-4B35-BD03-576D580508A9.thumb.jpeg.77225202b037ffe0fd6845635a60e400.jpeg

Is... is he talking to himself now?

As for adult intent or not... RoboCop, Toxic Crusader, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were originally developed with older audiences in mind, but that didn't stop them from making cartoons aimed at children from them, and guess what? Those couldn't feature adult content, either!

Yeah those movies where awesome except for tmnt which the comic was dark as hell and awesome plus i think we might of broke Ken like sonic broke eggman in issue 200 of Archie sonic

does anyone remember that issue?

23 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Is he saying that from the perspective of before he took the characters away or after?

If it’s the former, that’s hilarious and demonstrates how he wouldn’t know good writing if it defecated on his lawn.

If it’s the latter, that’s rage-inducing.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Absolutely 2

zujp5f.jpg

If ThE DIreCtOrs THiNk SoNic'S TeeTH aRe ThE OnLy PrOblEM

Edit: It has taken me all this time to realize he also fucked up Sonic's shoes. If you told me Ken was the concept artist on this movie, I'd believe you.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • My Emmerdoods 2

Here is the tweet calling people lazy 

15CE0A75-D6E7-4E3A-A39E-99CCCE4B901F.png

3 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

Is he saying that from the perspective of before he took the characters away or after?

If it’s the former, that’s hilarious and demonstrates how he wouldn’t know good writing if it defecated on his lawn.

If it’s the latter, that’s rage-inducing.

Why not both actually I know that exactly what is he doing he is being UNPROFESSIONAL!

23 minutes ago, CleverSonicUsername said:

zujp5f.jpg

If ThE DIreCtOrs THiNk SoNic'S TeeTH aRe ThE OnLy PrOblEM

Edit: It has taken me all this time to realize he also fucked up Sonic's shoes. If you told me Ken was the concept artist on this movie, I'd believe you.

Which one the movie or Kenny boi here

yeah I understand 

also sonic had other shoe before, the boom series, the rider series and the soap shoes from the fan favorite sonic adventure 2 

If the Director and Producers of the @SonicMovie think Sonic's teeth only problem, they are sadly mistaken. I don't see the story having anything close to the emotional core that the @DetPikachuMovie displays in its trailers.

This is only the first trailer and Detective Pikachu didn’t indicate any emotional aspects until this trailer.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

I actually don't disagree with Ken's post, and am hard pressed to think the Sonic movie will have an emotional core.

At the same time, Ken bringing up Movie Sonic's horrible individually rendered teeth immediately reminded me of his Comic-con art. The way Ken shapes these characters makes them look hideous in much the same way as Movie Sonic. They're lumpy with semi-realistic musculature, and have faces that are too human. They are simpatico.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 2
  • Fist Bump 1